Chapter 29

Ok, so I'm not going to watch this entire season and rip my heart out, so some things may have been changed because I don't remember where they found their mom, or where the damn house was that held the heretics. Just enjoy the story and don't correct this part please.

My entire life, I had been alone in what I was. From the second that I had siphoned, I was an outcast. Now that I had this, the ascendent, I would be able to find people who were like me. I was the oldest heretic vampire. These younger vampires could be my friends. Oh, how I longed for people who shared the same struggles as me. Nik understood how I felt to a point, but even he didn't understand many parts of what I had gone through.

The way that I was raised, born to a witch mother, has shown me that the people with power are not always right, as seen with my father, who was often wrong about many things across many different topics. My upbringing also shone the light on the gift of kindness. I would show those who had been through so much the same kindness that I show with my own family. Who knows if they will like me at all. The only thing that I could do is try.

Siphoners were called abominations. I had been called such for 1000 years. In a way, I wanted to find more abominations like myself. I had to find a way to prove that we were not as cruel as they said we were. Our worth was not defined by what the ancestors thought of our existence. My worth in my youth had been belittled, challenged. My father would not stand for abominations or weakness, something that I thought that I was. Not only was I an abomination, but I was always weaker than my siblings.

I wonder how many siphoners had been put to the same fate as the heretics. How many prison worlds had the Gemini coven created? How could they damn their own people to such a fate? To be alone, to be scared, they were truly trapped.

My mission was to free them from the cage that held them back.

These Heretics would not be stuck in that cage once I got back to the house. They would be allowed to come back through. I don't think that they understood just how powerful they could become. They could not only take magic from others, but siphon from themselves and use that magic. Yes, it was a much darker and powerful form of magic, but it could be used either way.

I had decided that I would walk home. I hadn't walked home like a human would in a long time, often speeding up the process with my vampire run. The wind blew through my blonde hair as I walked with the ascendent in my bag. When I finally reached the boarding house, Damon was waiting outside for me.

"So, angel, ready for this?" Damon asks, pulling me into a chaste kiss. I smile into the kiss before moving away, giving him a nice hug.

"Ready as I'll ever be," I say, going inside to grab three blood bags, knowing that the people inside might have either desiccated or have been starved to near desiccation. I made a mental note to kill whatever Gemini coven members that would do this to their children or siblings if they found out they were siphoners. Family is family. With family, you have power. Alone you will fall.

I would not let these people suffer alone.

_____________________________________________________

The world around us was cold. It felt more like it would be the other side than a prison world. It was clearly made only a few years after I had been daggered. The sky was a permanent grey color and the clouds were frozen in place. It was darker than the normal world. I knew the city that it was. New York City had been our home for about a year back in the 1800s, when we were putting Mikael off of our trail so we could return home to New Orleans.

"Do you think they're still kicking? It doesn't look like anyone is around here," Damon asks. I shrug my shoulders and start to walk towards an abandoned building.

"I mean, they could be anywhere, but if I were one of these people, I don't think I would be in an abandoned building. There is a pretty nice looking house right next to it, though. We should be checking in there," I turn to the house and speed over. Inside, I see a woman sitting in a chair.

Her fair hair and grey skin told me that she had in fact desiccated after so long in this world. My heart tugged at my chest as I opened the door to the house. I didn't want to disturb anyone if they had been the only one to survive. Damon just waited outside, not wanting to see the heretics just yet. This was my moment, not his, even if he was my amazing mate.

As I touched her face, a voice said, "Who are you?"

I whipped myself around to see a woman with dark hair and a slim figure. She was clearly starved to the brink, barely surviving at all. I took in a deep breath, "My name is Astrid. I came here with my mate because we heard that some heretics were stuck in here and we wanted to help. I promise, I'll help you get out of here."

"Astrid," she clicked her tongue as she tested out my name, "Nobody has ever come to rescue us before. My family," she turned to the desiccated vampires in the room. "They need blood. Do you have any?"

Nodding my head, I grabbed a cup that was lying on the table. I brushed it off before taking out the blood bag I had been carrying. I made sure to fill the cup up nicely. Using some of my magic, I floated the cup over to her. The woman stared at me in shock.

"You're a heretic, just like my children," I laugh at her shock. How else would I be able to get in here, silly. This type of magic prison can only be broken by someone with lots of magic. A witch would never go out of their way to piss off the ancestors and a coven of witches.

"Not like your children. I am a different type of vampire. I come from the original family," the woman takes a step back as she drinks the blood from the cup. "I promise, the Originals are offering you help. My brothers know just how much finding people like myself is to me. I grew up being called an abomination and a freak of nature, an affront to the ancestors. I will not hurt those who are not different from myself. They will get out of here and be able to live their immortal lives."

"You will have my immortal gratitude. I have been the only one who is able to drink the last of the blood in this world. We- we drank too much and ran out a long time ago," the woman admits. She sticks out her hand to me, "My name is Lily Salvatore."

I take a step back. Salvatore. Damon said that his mother's name was Lily. Oh my god, his mother is a vampire. My mates' mother was inside of this prison world this whole time and they never knew. They thought that she had died of consumption, of goddamn TB.

"Lily Salvatore. Lily Salvatore as in Damon and Stefan Salvatore?" The woman takes in a deep breath of air. "No, no, no, this is bad. This is really bad. DAMON!" I called out to my mate, who was waiting patiently outside.

Damon runs through the door only to see his mother and I standing next to the heretics. Lily Salvatore was the leader of the heretic vampires.

"Mother?"