Chapter 11

Ok, so we meeting someone in this chapter that will change things up. If you remember from the original show, right now some of the Elena squad are seeing their dead loved ones. Like Viki for Matt and Jeremy (Elena's brother). Jeremy is also seeing his ex Anna, but this has nothing to do with Astrid and the Mikaelsons for now so I have elected to not write it in. Take with this information what you will watchers of the original show. What would you do to talk to your dead friends and family? What would you do?

Parties; drunk teenagers breaking god knows how many laws and drunk adults who wish they were still those teenagers. In the past, parties were for political meetings and for finding people to marry. I have to say, I think that I like the parties of the 21st century much more. The thrill, the booze, the short skirts and shirtless guys. Stay away from creeps with pills and for the love of god pour your own drinks.

Tonight could go many ways. Everyone could live and we could have a good time, someone could get on my nerves and get a warning, someone could try and drug someone and get their neck snapped, or someone from the Elena gang could attack me and my family again and find themselves without a head or a heart. Either way, I was getting a drink.

Damon and I were by the bonfire while Stefan harassed Elena. We just allowed him to do what he wanted. We had allocated the "protect Elena but still annoy and harass Elena" job to him. He may have not liked it, but Damon and I still needed time together. Stefan would get me during the school day anyway.

"Mmmm . . . whatcha thinking of, angel?" Damon asked. His nickname for me had become angel because of the fact that he called me his godsend, his savior. I was the thing that kept him going but didn't try and change him. Damon could be volatile, cruel, and annoying sometimes, but he had his soft spots and is loyal to anyone who gives him a true chance at being himself. I loved him just the way he was, unlike Elena who still wanted him to change and become more human, to have the same habits as his brother. He didn't have to do that with me, I prefer him when he's feisty.

"Just of all of the ways things could go down. I hope nobody tries to fucking attack us. Why are the supernatural creatures in this town so stupid?" I groan in annoyance as I remember all of the times I was forced to protect myself only for them to call me the attacker. No, bitch, you attacked me!

"Go easy on them, they're young. I bet I would have been just as, if not more, stupid at their age. You know how dramatic and emotional baby vamps are. Theatrics everywhere," I waved around to the crowd around the bonfire. "Come on, let's go into the woods. If I remember, you really like trees?"

"Oh hush, Damon. Trees have their purpose," my mate laughs at my reference. To my surprise, he didn't seem very jealous of his little brother who got to complete the mate before himself.

Damon dragged me into the woods. Most people around us didn't notice at all, thinking that we were probably going to go get my boyfriend, which is just my other mate. Kids can be so oblivious sometimes. Especially human kids. Definitely don't want any of those. No intuition in any of them, I swear, even in a town that hates the supernatural.

When we got deep enough in the woods Damon stopped us and looked around. I put my hand on his cheek and finally got to get a good look at those icy blue eyes. They looked like they were almost glowing in the moonlight. I reached up and placed my lips on his. He looked shocked that I kissed him, but closed his eyes and kissed back, putting his hand on the back of my neck.

We stayed like that for a few seconds before I pulled back, taking in a few needed gasps of air. I looked away in embarrassment as he put his hand on my cheek. Just out of the corner of my eye I saw a figure watching me. "Who the hell is watching us?" I asked Damon, who turned around.

"Angel, I don't see anyone?" I looked at the figure, who I could now see clearly. Shocked, I look back at Damon and then to the boy who had come into my vision.

"Who are you? What are you doing here?" I asked the boy, who just looked around him as if I couldn't see him. I left Damon where he was and walked over to the boy, who just stayed where he was. "You," I pointed to the boy, "What are you doing out here? The party is that way!" The boy just stood still. Still as stone. "Kid, are you high or something. Damn kids of the 21st century," I complain. Damon just gave me a look like I was going crazy. "What? The damn boy is just sitting there like an idiot, watching us kiss, are you not finding that a little bit odd?"

"Look, Angel, did someone slip you something? I seriously cannot see who you are talking to. Unless you're talking to Casper the friendly ghost . . ." I remembered the reference from one of the movies we had watched together. Am I going crazy? WHy is this kid in the middle of the woods, away from the party, wearing such old style clothing. I don't remember there being any sort of medieval fairs in this town. Although I do have to give it to the kid, the thing looks like it would have come out from my town, not that I paid attention to any of the boys' clothing from my era.

"Damon, he's literally right in front of me? He's wearing old style clothes. Damn, kid, you did do a good costume, your parents should be proud. Where do you need to get to. You look younger than even me so I don't really think you should be drinking at this party," I offer the kid.

"You can see me. Only people who know me can see me. It took me a lot of strength to get me over here. I still can't believe it worked. You can see me!" The boy cheered, tears forming in his eyes. I was still so lost.

"Kid, who are you? What do you mean to get here? What the hell are you?" I ask the younger kid, who just whipped his head to Damon and then back to me.

"Touch my arm. I promise you, Astrid, you won't regret it-" the boy was cut off by Damon.

"Angel, what the hell did Casper say? What the hell is going on? Do you mean to tell me that not only are there witches, warlocks, vampires, siphoners, and werewolves, but ghosts are real as well? Damn, I thought I was special," Damon throws his hands up in frustration. I wish I couldn't see this damn kid.

"Hush, Damon. Kid, if I touch your arm, do you promise me that I won't be in some sort of binding contract with you or some random demon. I swear, I'm such an idiot. Kid, what's your name? You said that I knew you, but I just can't remember your face or name. You look familiar, but I can't remember much before the 13th century."

"I'll tell you after you touch my arm, I promise, Astrid. You will remember me when I tell you. You'll remember what happened." So vague and so mysterious. I swear if this all goes to hell I will go to the other side and never leave this damn kid alone.

I let out a breath and put my hand around his arm. I feel the magic flow through me. I felt the power flow through me and then out to the boy, who then fell to the ground. Damon let out a yelp and rushed over to me.

"Ok, maybe you really did see a ghost. Ok, maybe now I can see the ghost. Is the ghost still a ghost?" Damon asks in a panicked voice.

"Ghost is now a warlock, leave the warlock alone please, Damon," the kid says, getting back up, now standing and facing me once more. His face was so familiar now, the deja vu hitting me hard. I had met this boy before, but for some reason my mind had forgotten. Perhaps I wanted to forget, just like I forgot so many years from my memories. Only the worst and the best stayed, so if he wasn't in those, why did he see me as so important.

"Wait, you were dead! You were a ghost! I was right!" Damon exclaims, looking at the boy. "Damn, kid, you have clothes that have to be as old as my mate." I frown at the comment.

"Well, that's because they are as old as your mate. I still can't believe that worked, or that you still can't recognize me. How is it that after all of these years, I've remembered you but you can't remember me? I guess we weren't close. It was stupid to think that you would remember someone who never even tried to talk to you. I watched, I watched you as you did things, I just didn't have the courage to come over and talk to you," the boy confesses.

"You said that if I touched your arm, you would tell me your name." He smiles and nods his head.

"Of course, Astrid, I will keep my word to you. I know how much someone's word means to you. You see, my name is Henrik. It's nice to see you again, big sister."