Chapter 24

I have no clue what people want in terms of ships, but the ships that I am planning are going to be very important to the family. I was going to do a ship, realized that they would have figured out they were mates at first sight, and promptly fixed my plot hole with some good ol gorilla glue new plot. Hope that you like what I'm going to do in a few chapters, it was a fan favorite ;)

In all of my time alive, I had never met another siphoner. Elijah had told me once that he found one and that his coven had killed him at the age of 14 when he first siphoned off of his older brother. Even if I had never met the boy, I mourned his death just if I had. From then on, I had made a vow to myself that if I had ever found a child who siphoned, I would take them in as my own. I would never wish a childhood like mine or a fate like that 14 year old boy on anybody. That boy deserved the world and they killed him.

Today I had learned that Caroline switched her schedule to have her elective with Jeremy, Henrik, and I. While the girl had attacked me once, I had it in my heart to forgive her for what she had done. Her attack was out of loyalty, something that I could understand and feel for. God knows how many people I had killed out of pure loyalty.

The blonde girl decided that she would sit at our table instead of with Bonnie and Elena, something that I found quite odd. "Hey guys," the girl greeted us. Her voice was honest and sweet. If she wasn't Elena's friend, I might have tried to offer her up to one of my brothers as a girlfriend.

"Hey, Caroline! Wait, what are you doing over here? Aren't you supposed to be with my sister?" Jer asks the girl, who just sighs, pointing out that Elena could hear her if she started talking shit about her. I laughed and put up an invisible wall of magic that would make sure she couldn't hear us.

"Thanks sis," Henrik thanks me. Caroline groans and looks at me, giving me a pleading look.

"Okay, so Elena and I are on the outs right now. Bonnie and her keep on talking about mates and stuff and I just have this sinking feeling that they know who mine is! It's crazy, but I can hear my vampire in my chest. I could never do that before, even right after I turned! I think that Bonnie blocked my bond. I know that you said that you can't break a bond, but could you block it?" I nod my head, realizing just what Caroline was talking about.

I give the girl a good look up and down and realize something is amiss. I had known for a while that Bonnie was hiding something. I knew that she was hiding something from Caroline. When I finally gave the girl a second look, when I sat so close to her, I realized that what was going on with her was of a supernatural origin.

Bonnie had used black magic to block Caroline's mating bond.

Doing something like that to your friend is unimaginable. I would never even try to do something like that to my enemy, let alone my friend. The mating bonds are sacred. She must have known that Caroline would never reject the mating bond. If she rejected it, she would be killed by nature and her mate would become forever feral, their inner vampire constantly in control and searching for their mate, not knowing that nature would have taken them. A feral vampire would be awful, dealing with them was always a pity.

Of course, if mates go through a traumatic separation after meeting and mating, they can also go feral for a period of time, their mate often coaxing them out of that state. Ferals with their mates could often be seen as sad, but really cute. They would often cuddle up with them for hours on end, just wanting to be near them.

"Look, you can block a bond. I smell really bad magic on you, like a binding spell. I can take it out, but it might hurt a bit. I promise that you will feel better after," Caroline nods. Jer just looks really confused at what was going on, shooting Henrik a confused glance. Henrik nods his head and looks at the scene with a hint of curiosity burning in his eyes.

"Do you think that she knows who my mate is? I bet she does. Damnit, why can't she just let me be happy? Is my mate really that bad?" Okay, now I'm confused.

"Did you perhaps allow Bonnie to do a spell to allow her to see who your mate was, or for her to hear his name in her mind?" Caroline looks like she finally understands what happened. She nods her head guiltily. "Caroline, this isn't your fault. Bonnie is messing with some really dark stuff now. Even I know that dark magic isn't worth it, no matter how strong it makes you in the moment.

"Why the hell would Bonnie even be using dark magic?" Jer asks.

"She might be looking for another way to kill Nik, or find a way to weaken him enough that he becomes less of a threat. This was what I was talking about when I say that Bonnie acts innocent and lovely, but in the end she's just as bad as Elena when it comes to being controlling and vindictive. This mate blocking magic is cruel and unusual punishment for Caroline. I have no clue who Caroline's mate is, but whoever is on the other end of the untriggered bond must be going crazy," Henrik explains to the two of them.

"I hadn't even thought about it for months. It happened before we even met Astrid and you guys. Hell, it happened when Elijah had brought it up before Klaus came along," Caroline looks defeated. She could have already met her mate and not known it. "How are you going to get it out? Also, how soon can you do it? I just want to be able to meet this mate of mine soon."

"Come home with us after school. Henrik and I walked, so we can take your car. You wanna come along, Jer? See some cool magic?" I plan and ask Jeremy, who was just quietly sitting with Henrik, even taking out a sandwich to eat. The school day would be over in a few minutes, this of course being our last class of the day.

"Sure," Jer says, kind of unsure of how to respond to something like this. It would be no surprise if Elena or Bonnie try to talk to Caroline after class. I dropped the spell, not wanting to exhaust my magic.

"Caroline, do you want to come to my place tonight? Girls night?" Elena asks. Totally not suspicious, Elena Gilbert. You doppelgangers may seem like you're good at lying, but you're really the worst at it. Whoever believes your bullshit now is a mad person.

"Sorry, Astrid asked to have me over first. She's actually really nice, even after I attacked her. I'll see you some other time, Elena," Caroline says sweetly. Elena mutters something under her breath. I could see Bonnie tensing up as she looked at our table group.

"You know, when I said you should get some friends, Jer, I didn't mean for you to become with the abomination," Bonnie snarks, crossing her arms like she had some sort of authority over us. "That monster tortured your sister, you shouldn't be hanging out with her. She turned your sister."

"How dare you call my friend an abomination, Bonnie! Astrid is a better person than you and has been kinder to me than any of you have. You all just use me! She wants to be friends. Like you said, I need some friends. Frankly, I don't care what you meant by that, Bonnie, because I take it as being friends with people who care about me!" Jer ripped into his ex-girlfriend.

"So what," Bonnie turns to Caroline, not responding to Jeremy, "You're just on her side now? You're going to side with the enemy over your friend?"

"Yeah, I guess I am going to side with the enemy over my friend. Good day, Bonnie Bennett," the bell rang as Caroline finished, walking with us out to her car. I could hear Elena and Bonnie let out shrieks of frustration. I just hope Caroline's mate is okay.

✓ | 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐎𝐑𝐈𝐆𝐈𝐍𝐀𝐋 𝐇𝐄𝐑𝐄𝐓𝐈𝐂, Stefan and DamonOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara