Chapter 32

Hey guys! This is sort of a filler chapter, but I've been very busy, so don't hate me or stop reading because of it. Actually, after I wrote this I realize that it wasn't that much of a filler. I promise we will see more of the heretics next chapter! I love you all. You've shown me that my writing isn't so bad. This story even got to 8.9k reads! I never would have dreamed of something like this happening almost 5 years ago when I started on wattpad. Different account, abandoned, but still.

To everyone in America who is doing distance learning during this pandemic, I wish you the best of luck. I have 3 classes on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday. All online. In my humble opinion, it won't be so bad. I know that some of you may not work the best online, but I know you will be able to pull through. Each and every one of you is strong. You may never be able to see it, but I do, even if I've never met you. It's a hard time to live through right now. Over 500k dead all over the world from this thing. I implore you to wear the mask and to socially distance. You may not die from it, but I will. I am not only overweight but I have breathing issues and a bad immune system under stress. Clearly I am under a lot of stress right now while writing this book, as writing has and will always be a form of escape for me.

I usually don't share personal information like this, but you need to understand the gravity of what happens in life. My father had a heart attack in October of last year. I was 14 years old. Now, I'm almost 15 and my father has almost died in front of me 2 times. He has diabetes and heart disease. He is also an asthmatic like me with permanent lung damage. If he gets this, it will be game over. When you don't wear your mask and socially distance, you are hurting families like mine. We only go out a few times a week, usually for my many doctors appointments. One exposure is all it takes. Just be careful. I need my dad and my mom and family need me. If your willing to take the risk for yourself, remember that you are forcing your decision on us all and will further the spread of COVID-19.

Stay safe and enjoy The Original Heretic, my original escape.

While life had never been simple, things now had become even more complicated than I had ever imagined. Damon and Stefan were hurting after their mother and I was unable to find a way that would comfort them. The heretics were mourning Lily as well. The last few heretics had woken up and were chatting amongst themselves, trying to figure out just what they were going to do now that Lily had been left in the prison world.

The woman was a ripper without her mate. Stefan acted nothing like her when he fed. She would be a danger to Jeremy and the humans of Mystic Falls. As much as I wanted to give her children a chance to be with them, I could not allow the humans in the town to fall victim to her bloodlust.

I did not hear from Elena and Alaric personally for weeks, but Caroline did say that she was constantly trying to get her to meet up with her and her guardian about Jer. The boy didn't want to be anywhere near her. She had messed with his best friend who had his back through everything. Elena did not know about Lily Salvatore and the destruction she had left with her existence. If she did, who knows what she would do to try and get Damon and Stefan back. The girl was not in love, she was just plain obsessed. Anyone who actually loved someone would just want that love to be happy, even if it meant that they go off and be with another person.

Everything about the doppelganger screamed stupid and jealous. She had gotten Tyler to try and get back with Caroline, claiming that he still wanted her and that his ex deserved better than the Original Hybrid. I personally found it offensive. My brother would do anything for Caroline, even if it meant tearing out his heart over and over. No matter what, everything he did, it was for her and her happiness.

Nothing about what was going on was normal. Then again, our lives had never been normal. Our past was filled with darkness and blood, we were born from it and eventually it would likely be the death of us. It felt like nothing I did would ever be enough. We would always have family, but we would also always have enemies. Always and forever would be such a long time indeed.