Chapter 12

Ok, so I have to clear some things up for later. Only female doppelgangers lack a mate. Anyways, I updated the quotes page so please read them. I worked very hard on it!

I believe in many things. I believe in many things that people laugh at. I know about things that are magical and mythical. I am myself a magical and mythical being. Having your dead little brother come back from the dead after 1000 years on the other side should be nothing new, right? Wrong. This hurt my brain to even think about. Considering that the Original Witch had been contacted, she should have known about my little brother being on the Other Side with her. If she knew, I swear I would bring her back just to kill her again.

If spirits were here, who says that they weren't all over Mystic Falls. The only things that could become spirits like Henrik are those who haven't moved on, supernatural beings. Shit. Nik is going to have to get his Hybrid ass down here. We have to wake everyone up. Everyone has to get their Original asses to the Salvatore Boarding house. This is major. This changes everything. Who do I tell? Who do we tell first? Do I just call? No, this is more of an in person thing. I mean, Nik would hang up the second I say Henrik's name. I know it's a really touchy subject for him. He would probably snap my neck before I could even explain myself. He would apologize and I would forgive him, but that would just slow things down.

"I see that you are in shock, sister. I don't blame you, it isn't everyday that little ol' Henrik comes back from the dead," Henrik jokes. I groan and grab on to his arm. "Hey! I'm still a warlock! Basically human, sister! You'll bruise me!"

"We need to get you back home," I tell him. Henrik lets out a loud sigh.

"Just so you know, there seems to be a problem with the Other Side. It's what allowed me to come back. It didn't seem to phase you much. Do you think you could bring other people back as well?" Henrik asks.

"Henrik, it's bad enough that I brought one person from the dead. I can't just bring everyone back. It would cause alarm bells to go off throughout the world. We could be exposed!" Henrik yelps as he stubs his toe on a rock.

"Look, she's friends with one of your mates. She's really nice and tells nice jokes. She really likes you as well. She helped Stefan when he would go all ripper mode. It would mean a lot" Henrik pleads.

"Wait - wait! You don't happen to mean someone named Lexi? Like medium height and blonde? Probably hates me at this point. I was the one to kill her," Damon admits. I give him an eye roll. "Hey! I was spiteful! It wasn't personal, I had to get the trust of the council and I wanted to get back on his special day."

"Yes, it is Lexi. By the way, Stefan is in the dungeons of your house. Rebekah is still at the party, so we should probably go grab her. I hope that she remembers me." I growled at the knowledge that my mate had been locked up in his own home. Elena, probably. Does she not know when to draw the line? All I wanted was to go to a nice party today and now I have to kill someone. Or some people. It depends on who attacks me first. If Bonnie attacks I swear I will drag her witchy ass to hell.

"I'll grab Rebekah. I won't tell her what's going on just yet. Don't let her see Henrik or she'll want answers. Vamp to the house and I'll meet you there in 10. Be safe!" Damon speeds away to go and find our older sister.

Henrik looks down at me with fascination. "I see that I'm taller than you now. You used to tower over everyone, Astrid, what happened?"

"Genetics happened, Henrik. Let's go and find your future brother-in-law because if I have to spend one more second away from him I will kill someone."

"I don't care who you kill, just don't kill me."

___________________________________________________________________________