Chapter 38

Mikaelson family symbol above.

Also, what characters do you want to see more of? We have so many people in this book so I need feedback.

Esther Mikaelson was dead. She would be a threat no longer. I had killed my own mother in the exact same way that Nik had. I suppose that she deserved it for messing with my family and for trying to get me killed, but she was still my mother. While I had no love for her, the fact that she was my mother stung. My own mother would always hate me, whether she claimed to have love for me because I was her daughter or not.

You don't allow your child to suffer abuse like she did. For years she would allow Mikael to abuse us. He hurt all of us in ways never thought possible. Esther stayed with him, she always would, even if she was unfaithful while with him. They would be together on the other side now, never able to harm their children ever again.

Damon held my hand as we emerged from the cemetery. Many hybrids stand outside, waiting for further instruction.

"We're done here. The Original Witch is dead," my voice shows little emotion, "Let's all head home."

Damon kissed my cheek and walked with me to the car. Was this what Nik felt all of those years ago? This deep pain that won't go away? I should hate her. I don't love her at all at this point, so why do I feel so upset? I should be happy. Everyone else is happy. Why can't I just be happy and with my family? Is that so hard to ask?

_______________________________________________________

All of my old scars had been opened when I tore her heart out of her chest. Everyone that had once been my enemy was dead. Elena was dead. Tyler was dead. What felt so wrong? You do just what they accuse you of. You slaughter anyone who stands in your way. They were right. Abomination or not, you should never feel okay with committing murder. Do I feel okay with it? Is this feeling just regret and guilt that I've been keeping at bay for the last 1000 years? Was this humanity?

"Darling," Stefan rushed to me and pulled me into a deep kiss. I smiled into the passion filled kiss. Stupid me. These mates are my humanity. Guilt is stupid when you have a man with hero hair.

"Baby," I coo at him, nuzzling my head into his shoulder. While Stefan played the role of the more dominant and protective mate, Damon was more submissive towards me and needed me to protect him. It was what made them different as people and as vampires. Stefan felt like he wanted to protect what he had and Damon just wanted to be worth protecting. I played a dual role that worked out quite well.

"I missed you," he peppers kisses all over my face. I giggle as he kisses my jawline. "I never want to leave you alone again."

"Hurt," Damon makes a fake shocked expression, "Who am I, Stef?" I smiled at him as Stefan pulled me closer to him, causing Damon to groan. "Fine, I'll go get us blood bags to celebrate while you have dry sex on the couch or something."

Stefan laughs at his older brother and brings me into another passionate kiss. Unfortunately, this time we were interrupted by Nik clearing his throat.

"This is a doorway, save the mouth sex for actual sex time please. I don't want to see either out in this living room or in the doorway," Nik strolls on by after breaking us up. Caroline laughs and comes in after, kissing my cheek sweetly. I smile at her as she tries to catch up to Nik, who was making his way to the kitchen. The real question is, why does everyone go to the kitchen in this house? Is that where some secret sauce is? Knowing Nik, I wouldn't be surprised to find a head in the freezer. The freezer; to store the heads of your enemies.

Henrik and Jer finally reach the house with Jer in the driver's seat. I would be scared, but I made sure that he had blood in his system at all times just in case. Henrik would be fine unless the whole damn car explodes. I shudder as I feel the tension between the two boys as they basically flirt in front of Stefan and I as they go inside of the house.

"What just happened?" my mate asks, clearly unaware of what was going on between the two.

"Oh Stefan, they're clearly in love, even if they don't know it yet. I'll bet you that Jer is Henrik's mate and the only thing keeping that bond silent is the fact that Jer is still human," I set the bet in the air. Stefan shakes his head.

"Has Jeremy even shown interest in men?"

"You would never know, Stefan. He might swing both ways," I point out. "I mean, I do as well so I get it. Bet you didn't know that."

"No, I did not know that. I'm not shocked, I bet that you were a playgirl back in the day with women. I mean, look at how Damon gets around you," Stefan teases. I gasp.

"Are you calling your brother a woman?"

"Were you a little minx back in the day or is that just for us?" I sigh, patting his chest. "Tell me, or I'll make you tell me."

"Fine," I whine, "I was. The women fawned over me. The ones who couldn't accept themselves found themselves faking being with Kol or something and would go to me. Before you and Damon, there were no men in my life. It was oddly easier to be with a woman as a vampire. The women were kind and generous and the men were nasty and misogynistic, always wanting to get under my skirts and do the deed with me. I dated maybe one guy and never slept with him. He was awful."

"I bet Nik hated hearing that he tried to harass you into sex," I nod my head quickly. "Doubt he lasted long."

"Died in maybe 10 minutes after I told Nik. Rebekah helped. I think it was maybe 1230 or somewhere in that decade of the 13th century. Men back then were not as hot as they are today and the 19th century," Stefan hums as I kiss his jawline. "I think that you are so much better. Damon as well. Can't leave my clingy baby out. He's amazing."

"Your clingy baby is right here and I think that I'm amazing as well," Damon hands each of us a blood bag. I sigh and drink up. Using so much magic did end up draining me of my normal strength after a while. "Did you see how weird little Gilbert is acting around Henrik? Are they dating or something?"

"I told you!" I point at Stefan, who just sighs. "He has been acting weird, hasn't he? I think that they're in love. I hope they're mates. If they aren't I'm going to kill whoever is in charge of mates. They look so cute. Heremy is the couple's name."

"Angel, you are a genius. I hope the loverboy with supernatural hearing does not hear us. He may be your brother but he can get nasty sometimes. You have to ask. If you don't I will."

"Don't pester Henrik, Damon," Stefan reprimands, "He won't tell you if you piss him off with one of your snide remarks."

"You're no fun, little brother."

"Let's have some fun, brothers."