Chapter 40

Ahh! We hit another milestone! 40 chapters and 20k reads is crazy to me!

Graduation was coming and I still had no idea what we were going to do. The family had compelled themselves good grades and honestly we wouldn't have passed if we were normal humans. The big day was only two days away and we were still recovering from the big battle. Rebekah suggested a big party at the hybrid house that everyone had agreed to.

Mikaelson parties were nothing to mess with. While the more sophisticated of our lot, mainly Elijah and Finn, would just dance and have some champagne, the wildest of us all, that being Kol, Henrik, and Rebekah, would likely get hammered and do something stupid. It was up to Nik to make sure that the newly named Terror Trio didn't destroy anything that couldn't be replaced, like human lives and his paintings.

Mostly his paintings.

The girls and I would have to go shopping. Even if the heretics hadn't gone to school, they would still take part in the party. The attire was semi formal, meaning that you weren't supposed to look like a goddess with a huge ball gown, but you did need to look like a princess in a killer dress.

"Mar, how do I look?" Rebekah gives a little twirl as Mar looks her up and down, figuring out to say something constructive.

"You look gorgeous, but I think that the red one would make you stand out a bit more," Rebekah, for once, didn't get mad at the constructive criticism of the dress. She grabbed the red dress and started to put it on, allowing her figure to fill the cracks. I gasp at my elder sister's beauty, quite dearly wishing that I could be as pretty as she was.

"I do tend to render you shocked, baby sister," Rebekah snarks, "Get on the pink one, Striddy, you'll look gorgeous."

The group of heretic girls cheer me on. I give in, picking out the pretty baby pink dress that Rebekah had thrown my way and putting it on. While I was in no way comparable to Rebekah, I was close. The dress was stunning and fit me in just the right ways.

"You have to wear it, Striddy! Stefan and Damon won't be able to get off of you, tonight!" Rebekah cheered, moving the girls out of the way so she could look at me at a better angle. The rest of the girls wait for my response. I giggle and nod my head, causing the rest of them to come together in a huge group hug before taking off our dresses and compelling our dresses to be paid for.

This would be a good time.

__________________________________________________

So many people showed up to this damned party. I mean, Kol is going to have fun with these girls. Aw, they're looking at him longingly.

The party was more of a social meetup rather than a dance or anything. Most people just came because they wanted to see the huge house and whoever lived inside. I couldn't blame them, most of the hybrids hadn't been seen outside of the house and humans did tend to get curious when people stayed inside of their homes all day. Some people held secrets and those secrets would be decoded poorly by whatever 15 year old girl wanted to be Nancy Drew that day.

My brothers were scattered around the place, with Kol and Elijah bickering about something in one of the corners and with Henrik hanging out with Jer. I swear, those two are my favorite pairing in this house. Sorry Caroline, you and Nik could never beat the sexual tension coming off of these two right now.

A group of girls entered the ballroom, with the leader of them having a smirk on their face. I took a step back as I smelled them. Vampires. I guess word gets around. They better be on their best behavior or I'm going to have to kick them out. The real question is, who snitched?