Chapter 17

WARNING: Torture scene ahead. If you cannot handle torture and mentions of past abuse please skip to the first break. I do not wish to trigger anyone.

The room that I had Elena held in was cold like the stone that lined the walls. She would get no comfort from warmth, not after what she tried to do to my family. Those little friends of hers would come soon enough, but not before I got my chance to give her pain. She didn't know just how bad Mikael was to us, so I may just have to give her his old punishments for me, his little abomination. See, Elena, this is what happens when you piss me off. I warned you so many different times. I told you that I would protect my family, no matter the cost. You just had to be selfish and try to take them away from me.

"Please, you don't have to do this! You don't need to torture people!" I laughed straight in Elena's face. Oh, darling, you've never felt pain like the pain I am about to give you.

"Elena, I gave you so many chances. I gave you all of my patience. You took it and left me with nothing. You did this to yourself. You know just how much I love Nik. You know that I would do anything for him. Well, just about anything. He wouldn't ask me to do something really bad unless it was necessary. I have no more patience for you. Not only have you threatened me, you have called me a monster on multiple occasions. You call Nik a monster, but he never calls me such cruel names. You see, it hurts my feelings when you call me those names. I could just tell you to stop and we could move on, but I don't think that your word holds any value anymore. I have to punish you now. Punish you for what you did to my family. In the end, you are the one who is the monster," I whisper sweetly in her ear.

The young doppelganger rattled against the chains, attempting to break free. Her attempts were futile as I used my magic on her, causing searing mental pain to run through her skull. Elena screamed and shouted at me to stop, saying that it hurt. Oh, baby, that's the point. You think that torture isn't going to hurt? Pity.

"You know, I remember when I was a little girl, Mikael used to have fun with me. It was kind of like the fun that you're having right now," I gave her magical cuts on each of her fingertips as my voice ran through the room like honey, "Although, I like to think that I'm a hell of a lot nicer than him. He would call me names while he did his work. Freak. Abomination. Monster. Devil Spawn. I think that the last one was the funniest now because it was true. I am the devil's spawn. The thing is, Mikael is the devil. Mikael will always be the devil. You think that he will help you? Well, you're wrong. He'll use you. He uses everyone. Killing you would help break Nik in his eyes. He may not want your blood, but he will spill it to piss off Nik. I always think of it like this: a sheep asking the tiger to help kill the wolf. Who says that the tiger won't just take the sheep for himself?"

"If he's a monster, why would you hurt me just like he hurt you?" Stupid question, Elena.

"Call it revenge. You hurt me, Elena. You tried to threaten me with awakening a man who made my life as a human and a vampire a living hell. Do you have any class? It's like putting a child in the home of an abusive parent. Would you do that, Elena? Put a child that you didn't like in the home of their abusive father? I technically am 16. I am a child. You are threatening me with torture," I grab my knife from my pocket and drag it along her ivory skin, "So I am gibing you a taste of what he would do to me. This isn't even half of it. Mikael is more of a monster than I could ever be. He is pure evil. What kind of father wants to kill their own child? To kill the boy that he raised as his own son? It is abhorrent, an atrocity. If you want to say that I have no morals and then work with a man like that, you are just a monster."

Elena screamed and cried out. The vampires upstairs would be able to hear her, but I just didn't care. In that moment I could get to her. I could hurt her, just like she did to me. Believe it or not, Elena, the words you speak have value. They hurt. They hurt like a bitch. Even if everyone around me tells me that your words are lies, what you say still does hurt like hell. You remind me of him. How he would tell me how evil I was. Guess what, Mikael, if you believe me to be so evil, I'll show you what Satan can do in Louis Vuitton pumps.

________________________________________________________

It had been hours since I had dragged the last knife on Elena's skin. I felt powerful, being able to give her a taste of her own medicine. Nik had fed her his blood to heal her. When she had healed, Nik took the last of her blood, allowing her to transition into a vampire.

If Nik died, his line would as well. Henrik had learned that on the Other Side. Nik would be safe from the Elena gang for a while. She had been dropped off, mid transition, at her old house. Jeremy had come to the door and demanded answers. Of course, Henrik told him everything. It was odd, seeing someone care so little about their sibling being tortured and killed by their worst enemy, only to be reborn as a vampire with their enemy's blood.

At this point it would be safe to assume that Jeremy had become numb to it all: his sister's vampire obsession, the fact that his town was filled with supernatural creatures, and that his closest friends and family were all some of those supernatural creatures.

"Do you think that they will still wake Mikael?" Henrik asks, curling himself into a ball on my chest like a small child. I kiss his hairline.

"If they do, we will be prepared. Mikael does not know that you are alive. We could take him by surprise. I have a lot of magic stored up and you have been practicing your defensive and offensive spells. If Mikael does come to Mystic Falls, he will be at a disadvantage. We are united as one. We are family. He has nobody. He is all alone. He will always be alone. We are here, together as a family. You will soon learn with all of us here together, Henrik, that family is power. We are strongest while at each other's side," I reassure my little brother, who sits up and yawns. "You should get some sleep, baby brother, you will need your strength."

Henrik just nodded and walked out of my room. After my baby brother had walked out to go to sleep in his own bedroom, Damon walked back in, a cocky smile plastered on his face.

"You get your handsome ass over here, Damon."