Chapter 35

Well, I just hit 35 chapters and almost 12k reads! The cast and characters page almost has 1k views! I never would have thought that people would like my writing so much. Honestly, thank you all for giving me a chance.

No matter how hectic the Mikaelson household was, we would always have each other. It was our greatest strength. Together, we were the happiest.

It had come to Damon's attention that while Stefan and I had been on a proper date, we had not. Once Nik found out, he yelled at us to use protection.

Never have I ever wanted to disown my favorite brother more than in that moment.

"Angel, you look gorgeous," Damon complimented, kissing me on the head before holding my small hand in his much larger one. We walked out of the house and decided that we would take Nik's Lamborghini for revenge. That sex comment was going to hurt him in the long run. Of course we would never hurt the poor car, but he would have to deal with the fact that we could. It was a power play.

"You look handsome," I kissed his cheek, causing him to blush and pull me into a chaste kiss. It was short, but the love was there, filling me and causing my vampire to purr deep within my chest in content. "You are a sly devil aren't you?" I tease.

"The sly devil and the angel, such a fitting pair," Damon snarks, picking me up as he sets up the picnic table. While we didn't even need to eat human food, we enjoyed it. Sweets overpowered anything. I mean, who couldn't love some good sweets? Chocolate, lemon tarts, banana cream pie? It was all amazing and Damon had taken time out of his day to bake it all. Never had I taken him as a pastry guy, but it fit perfectly.

He was a softie on the inside, no matter how sly and how snarky he got with his comments. Damon was the light that filled my stupidly immortal existence. When I got overwhelmed, he was right there willing to help me get through it. When he got overwhelmed, I let him curl up on my lap and watched corny romance movies with him. In my eyes, Damon would always be perfect. Maybe he wasn't perfect at everything, but he was perfect for me. That was what mattered most in the long run anyways.

"Cake?" Damon offered, passing me some fresh lemon cake. I nodded, taking the plate with the slice on it. I took a huge bite and moaned out. This cake is the best cake I've ever had. This beats all cakes in the world. Damon is officially cake and sassmaster and nobody can take away that title. "Angel, stop moaning in the middle of the park, you'll make us look like horny teenagers."

"But I turned at 16, I will always and forever be a horny teenager," I counter. Damon rolls his eyes and takes my empty plate. He gave me another slice as many teenagers from the highschool stared at us. I couldn't blame them, they probably thought I was cheating on Stefan with some older guy, or that we had broken up in our time away from the school. Stefan and I had kept up with our classes from home, claiming that we had lost someone near and dear to both of us and needed time away. The rest of the Mikaelsons and Jer had claimed this as well.

Compulsion may or may not have been used.

"That means that I'm like 8 years older than you," Damon realizes. "You look a lot older than 16, angel."

"Don't make it weird. And yeah, I don't really look like the other 16 year olds. I grew fast, stopping at around 14. I will be a teenager forever and ever," I kiss my mate's cheek. Damon pulls me down on the towel and I laugh, wiggling around in his grasp. With our completed bond, Damon was just as strong as me when I was around 200, which was much stronger than the normal in-the-200s-or-so year old vampire.

"Eh, I'll love you forever and ever and that is what matters," Damon kisses my head. I smile as he picks me up. I realize that he is pulling me away from the table. I make sure that nobody is looking before I use a spell to return the leftover sweets and stuff to the car.

Unfortunately, on our way to the car, we ran into the one and only Elena.

Scratch that, I've met 3 of her.

"Damon, Astrid," Elena spat my name. With Damon still holding me, he growled at his former crush and love. Looking shocked that Damon would do such a thing to her, she crosses her arms and pouts like a child who didn't get what she wanted. Actually, in a sense she was a child who hadn't gotten what she wanted. Where's the damn Volturi when you need them? Immortal child right over here! Aro, kill the thing already!

"Don't you dare speak my mate's name in that tone, you bitch," Damon spits right back at the doppelganger, kissing my hairline sweetly. I smile and let out a small cooing noise.

"How dare you say that to me, Damon!" Elena starts to shriek, "After everything we have been through together? You chose monsters over me, over Bonnie and Alaric! You were doing so much better with me than you ever could be with someone like her. Why did you do this to me, to us?"

"Why? I'll tell you why! When I'm with her I feel whole. I don't feel like I have to pretend to be somebody that I'm not. She loves me because I'm a crazy psycho killer, because I'm sarcastic and sometimes get on my brother's nerves. She's my mate, my one true love. I'm sorry that you can't see how happy she makes me," Damon starts to walk away with me still in his arms, only being stopped by Elena trying to grab me out of those same arms.

Damon growled as I hit her away from me. The young vampire doppelganger did not even try to give up her attack even after my mate had thrown her into a car, not wanting to kill her if he didn't have to. He and Alaric used to be friends and no matter how much he hated Elena, she was all that he had left, leaving Jer alone because he had gone off with us.

The girl had probably spinned some tale about how Jer had been compelled by Henrik or Kol, the two people that he had been hanging out with every day before he left Elena in the dust to become a part of Always and Forever. The history teacher would believe her lies because he was loyal to her. She was not his family, he did not have an excuse for his blind devotion and loyalty to the woman who nearly cost him his life.

Elena stays away, but sneers, "You took everything away from me. Once Esther completes the spell, you will all be linked and I will be the one to drive the stake through your heart."

"If you do that, you will die, Elena. My siblings and I are the Originals. In that case, the lives of all vampires are tied back to the six Originals of the family, soon to be seven. Esther has used you like she has used so many others, Elena. I would pity you, but you're a backstabbing bitch with no soulmate bond at all. You can never feel the connection that I feel with Stefan and Damon. You will always end up alone," I say. Elena looks shocked.

"I have a soulmate, everyone does," she claims. I laugh.

"According to Kol, the female doppelganger has no potential for a soulmate due to what her original had done," I explain what I had learned. "The heretics will be safe from the witch and I will rip out Esther's heart once again. I have told you before, Elena, that you will always lose. In the end, between you and me, I will always come out on top. I am your defeat."