Chapter 7

So, a double update day it is! This chapter is much longer and has many of the scenes from "The Reckoning". Obviously things are different but some lines have changed the same. Love you all!

I had never personally gone to school. All of the teenagers that I met way back in the day said they hated the place. Some would go as far as to compare the place to a prison, the teachers becoming the good cops or the bad cops. Most of the time I thought that they were being dramatic, but now seeing all of the lockers lined up down the hall with their own locks, I see that they may have had a point.

Just from down the hall I could see that girl, Caroline, making out with a tan boy. He smelled like mutt. This must be the famous Tyler Lockwood. I don't see what she sees in that guy. He radiates misogynistic alpha male energy. Not the vibe we want in the school here tonight. God, he isn't even that hot, Caroline, both of my mates are more attractive than this guy.

Rebekah and I zoomed up in front of the two. "Do we know you two?" The boy asked, stepping away from the girl he had just shared a lip-locking moment with.

"Caroline, nice to see you again. You must be Tyler, the werewolf," Rebekah's fake kind voice rang in my ears. Master manipulator, sister dearest.

"And who are you two?" Tyler's voice shaked with fake confidence. He looked me up and down. Rebekah and I giggled.

"We're the new girls," Rebekah and I said in unison before I snapped Caroline's neck and Rebekah grabbed Tyler. This is too easy. Do these people seriously not know how to fight back. That boy is supposed to be a werewolf. Do wolves these days just lie down on their backs and beg for belly rubs?

__________________________________________________________________________________________

I dragged Caroline in the gymnasium, Rebekah at my side with Tyler, who had finally decided that he would put up some resistance when it came to an attractive woman dragging him places. Must have been the first time.

"Get off of me!" Tyler demands, Rebekah just scoffs and brings him over to Nik.

"I think you've both met my sisters, Rebekah and Astrid. Word of warning - Rebekah can be quite mean," Nik introduces us, Damon and Stefan at my side once more.

"Don't be an ass," Rebekah reprimands. I just laugh as she shoves Tyler closer to Nik.

"Leave him alone!" Elena demands, her voice cracking at the sight of her friend. Or her friend's boyfriend, I don't think they're really that close, childhood playmates at most, acquaintances at least.

"I'm going to make this very simple: Every time I attempt to turn a werewolf into a vampire hybrid, they die during the transition. It's quite horrible, actually," Nik drones on before taking a bite out of his wrist and shoving the blood into Tyler's mouth. I make a motion of warning for my mates to stay back. Getting in the way of Nik is abad idea, even when you're part of the family. "I need you to find a way to save my hybrids, Bonnie." Nik grabs a hold of Tyler's head. "And for Tyler's sake . . . you better hurry," Nik warns, snapping Tyler's neck.

People gasp and look at us in disgust. Elena looks like she's going to cry again. This one guy with blonde hair and blue eyes looks like he wants to kill us all. "He killed him," he states.

"He's not dead. Klaus' blood will turn him into a vampire," Elena tries to console the blue eyed boy.

"And if Bonnie's successful, he'll live through his transition. Go on, then. Go and fetch your grimoires and enchantments and what-not. I'll hold on to Elena for safe keeping." The witch girl looks to her friend while Rebekah goes up behind Elena and glares at the girls.