Chapter 5

Just to clear up some things: Elena was not wearing the necklace when talking to everyone. She had taken it off because she was going to go shower. In this, Stefan is not plotting against Nikki boy and does not remember that Rebekah's necklace was Elena's necklace.

For the last few hours I have been trying to wrap my head around the things that they call technology and the internet. It seems all good and dandy, but what happens when the things Damon calls hackers hack into the internet and steal stuff? Do they have internet police? Do they do just as shitty of a job as the normal police?

I was gone for 100 years. The longest I had been out was a few weeks before, and even then so much had happened within the family that it took me twice as long to catch up. The world had changed so much. Women barely wore anything. They still got stared at, but they wouldn't get arrested by the police for wearing a whore's outfit. Hell, Rebekah used to get dirty looks just for wearing trousers. I always thought they look good on her.

"Striddy, are you going to sit there on your new phone all day or are you going to help me find this stupid necklace?" Rebekah shook me as I scrolled through the latest news stories. I groaned at my pestering sister's actions. Rebekah decided that she would flop on my stomach in retaliation.

"Bex, if you had just given me like, three more seconds, I would have gotten up. Now we're stuck. I guess I'll just have to scroll through some more articles." Rebekah gave a look of utter betrayal and got off of me, pouting and crossing her arms.

"Please, Striddy, I just want that necklace back. It has both witchy and sentimental value to me and Nik wants it so god help us all if we fail at this-" I frowned and cut Bekah off.

"Nik won't do anything to us if we fail, Bex. I won't let him. He would never hurt me. I don't know what he told you about how my daggering occurred, but I promise you that it was not Nik's fault. He only daggered me because I told him to. It was more of a punishment for myself after we had taken that trip to Texas and Mikael caught on to our location when I used those magical bursts that night. I - I was the one to give us away and I couldn't have you suffer at the hands of Mikael. He thinks I am dead, that the magic killed me. I knew that if he thought I was dead he wouldn't come in. He couldn't risk angering Nik if Nik was already off the deep end over my death. He's crafty, he knows how and when to strike. It was only a plan if I were in the picture. I had to take myself out of the picture. He should have known that the magic I used was not of my own body but from a magical object," I admitted what happened to Rebekah. Nik would have to deal with the fact that she knew what happened.

The one luxury that I had that none of my siblings did was that Nik would never wish to dagger me. When he was angry with me he would just ignore me and brood in his art room. After he came out I would apologize and he would forgive me. It was never something extreme enough to warrant a dagger. Even if I had done something, I knew deep in my heart that Nik couldn't dagger me without hurting himself in the process.

"He wouldn't tell us anything, just that you were daggered and that he would be making a coffin for you. Nik didn't even have a coffin for you before 1895. I've had mine for almost the entire time. I hate to say it, but you definitely are his favorite sibling," Rebekah but her head on my shoulder.

"I'm not exactly the favorite, we just have a way of understanding each other. I don't think that he loves any of us more than the rest, he just has an easier time working and talking to some of us. I was always the one who could talk to Finn, even before siphoning. I can talk magic with Kol. I talk fashion with you. I can talk revenge and plot with Nik. Morality is something that Elijah admires about me. We just all have our things that work well with each other. Some of us have conflicting personalities, but we're family. We fight and dagger each other but at the end of the day we love each other just the same."

"Why do you always have to be right? It's annoying. Be wrong, sister! Let yourself be wrong!" Rebekah shook me playfully and I squealed.

"Never!" I joked. Stefan and Damon must have heard the ruckus we were making because they were standing at the doorway. Damon was trying to stifle laughter and Stefan was just beaming with happiness for some random reason.

"I see you have failed to get our mate to get off that little phone of hers. I knew she would be obsessed with that thing. Just like all teenagers these days, I tell you. You should see Stefan sometimes. You would think he was married to the damn thing, Bex. Of course we know he isn't because that would make our gorgeous mate very very jealous," Damon joked. I stuck out my tongue and shoved my way past my sister to my mate.

Since the bond was new and incomplete, we felt the pull to be near each other and complete the bond. Damon and Stefan were always on my mind. My world now revolves around them. Even the simplest thoughts would drift to the two handsome vampires. When I told Rebekah, she just teased me. She had actually pushed me over the couch and let me fall on the rug. Of course I got my revenge by hiding all of her mascara.

"Yes, yes, Damon. The devil phone that kids use these days. What are you, an old man?" Stefan mocks his brother and kisses me on the head. Damon sends his younger brother his signature eye roll before taking me back in his arms. I blushed, still not used to his body so close to mine. I was usually such an introverted and closed off person, never talking to people outside of my family unless absolutely necessary. I guess Stefan and Damon are now Mikaelsons. Stefan and Damon Mikaelson. Has a nice ring to it. I might ask them to change it. It would be nice for the man to change their name for once.

"I am an old man. So are you. Astrid is an even older woman. She's got, what, 800 years on us. She could beat our asses. I don't know whether to be scared knowing that or incredibly turned on."

"It depends on what you mean by beat your ass-"

"Astrid! Save your kinky shit for the bedroom please! Not my innocent ears!" I scoff and turn to the sister that has slept with more men than in our old village.

"Innocent my ass. I heard you all throughout the 14th century-"

"Ok Ok fine! You win! Just please let us go to school today and get that stupid necklace back! We need it to figure out what's wrong with those hybrids. I swear to all that is holy, Stefan, if your old friends try to mess this up for us I will be the one beating your ass in the non-sexy way and you will not be able to walk for a week, vampire healing or not!"