Chapter 20

I think that we're going to be seeing a lot more of Jeremy soon. The show did him fucking dirty istg he was a mood. Big chapter ahead. I don't think I've done this big of a chapter in this book lol.

Henrik had taken the job of finding out where in Mystic Falls Mikael was. While we had all decided that we would stay home for the day, Henrik would be waiting for us at the end of the school day. Mikael would most likely be waiting for us outside of the school, only to find the long lost son that he once thought dead.

It was the perfect distraction.

While we did not want to risk the safety of our youngest once again, we had been given no other choice. Henrik had taken a gulp of my blood before he went to school. He would take another once we met up. This fight could get bloody and I could not afford to lose Henrik again. We had lost our family once before and would not make the same mistakes again.

With Stefan and Damon at my side, I felt stronger than ever before. Our bond strengthened us all, my strength flowing through them and practically turning them into Original vampires. The ripper gene seemed to have an effect on my vampire as well, making the beast inside of me even wilder than usual in the face of a threat.

I had learned many things over the past few weeks about the mating bond. The entire family had. For one, I could feel Stefan and Damon's emotions as if they were my own. This meant that every bit of stress that they felt, I felt. With Stefan, since our bond had already solidified completely and had been put into place, I could send over calming emotions when he became overwhelmed. Whether or not he had learned how to do this with me remains unknown.

Another thing that had come to light was that Nik felt like he was near his mate, but could not seem to sniff her out. He said that he knew it was a woman and that she was in Mystic Falls. It had been haunting him for the last few weeks, but he had only just told the family. He said that he wanted to wait until he could be sure.

Werewolves usually can sniff out their mates, meaning that Nik not being able to do so infuriated him and made him constantly on edge. Rebekah, Henrik, and I had tried to assure him that he would find her and that she would be very happy to be with the family. One of Nik's many flaws is that he is deathly insecure, no matter how mighty and confident he acts on the outside. Nik would literally accept whomever his mate was, he had little to no standards in that department.

From: Henrik

I can see Mikael. He has no clue that I am here at the school. I think that he is trying to sniff you all out. It's good that Damon and Stefan are able to mask your scent.

I smirk. Our car had already been parked. I turned to look into the woods. Mikael was sitting there, waiting patiently with something in his pocket. A single white oak stake is nothing, father. You really do need to get some new tricks. Of course, you would never listen to me, your little abomination, as your pride exceeds your technique.

"You see him?" Stefan whispers into my ear, making sure that no other vampire ears could listen. I nod and point out the tinted windows to Mikael. Damon and Stefan let out a sigh. "We need to get Henrik, make sure that he's okay. Who knows what Bonnie could have done to him already," Stefan suggests. Damon and I nod in agreement, moving the car so that Mikael would not see us coming into the school.

We walked in, just like any other students. Damon would be acting as Stefan's guardian older brother who needs to excuse our absence for the day. Damn, school, if only you knew that my crazy and abusive 1000 year old father is outside of the school and is trying to kill me. I don't think that you'll ever be ready to hear the stories I could tell you.

"Miss Mikaelson and Mr. Salvatore, I am glad that you are here from that swimming championship. I hope all good times in your relays," Mr. Weber says, a smile on his face. Right, because Stefan and I are on the swim team. Honestly, I'm pretty good at swimming. One of the only girls to learn in the village, too.