Chapter 36

I never thought that I would make 15k, but here we are. To everyone who votes on every chapter, you may blow up my notifications but I love you all. Never change. Unless you're actually mean or something.

Also, the hybrid house in question is the Mikaelson manor in the show.

While we had evaded the doppelganger for the time being, we now had far worse things to worry about. Esther was going to try and kill us. If she planned to do that with magic, she would be out of luck, the heretics and I could diffuse her magic. The only way was with white oak wood and someone willing to die. We all knew that she wouldn't be able to break anyone from the family, even Finn, who used to be loyal to her.

In the end, her potential plans all would have a fatal flaw that would lead to our victory.

It was the way that it always had been with Esther Mikaelson. She always had this huge plan, but it would have this one seemingly small flaw that would tear it all apart. Like the fact that Elena would survive the ritual and be able to make Nik's hybrids, which were now also around the boarding house.

We had to move some people to an even bigger house. The hybrids and two of the heretics lived there. Oscar and Malcolm would help with the hybrids, as they themselves were hybrids. The Hybrid House, it had been deemed by Damon, who liked the ring of it so much that he made a sign for the inside.

Nora and Mary Lou had been carving the names of the Hybrids on their doors so that nobody would be confused about whose room was whose. Many of the hybrids even asked Nik to use his painting skills on their doors. He obliged, honored to do something for his precious hybrids. It built good relations between the hybrids and their alpha. They may be sired, but they did genuinely like the Original Hybrid.

"Darling, are we going to go over to the hybrid house now?" Stefan asks from the front porch. I nod, knowing that he was looking at me from afar. "Wait, is the hybrid house protected against other vampires and such? They may be powerful, but someone who has broken the sire bond like Tyler could try and attack the hybrids."

Matt had told us yesterday that Tyler had already broken the sire bond between him and Nik, claiming that he would not be my brother's bitch. Tyler didn't need a sire bond for Nik to easily make him his bitch.

"Tyler won't be able to get in. Jer has the deed to the house. If that kid ever turns, we will need to get another human to keep the house protected against vampires and any rogue hybrids. I doubt that any of the rest of the hybrids will even try to break that bond. They genuinely feel loyal to him. Nik may have treated Tyler a little bit worse than he would anyone else who attacks his family, but he cares for all of his hybrids. I think that if Tyler had given Nik a chance, he would have been able to see just how much the hybrids get. I mean, they have a pool and a huge game room. Not only that, but they can get whatever they want with the daylight rings I made them," I say. Stefan nods and takes my hand, pulling me out to the car.

______________________________________________________

The hybrid house was one of the most beautiful houses I had ever seen, the top being some of the castles in Italy and Greece during our stays in the ancient times. The place even had its own type of ballroom.

The hybrids really did get a luxurious existence.

Knocking on the door was not really necessary, but I did it out of sheer politeness. I didn't want to scare the poor people inside. It was truly going to be a warzone soon and they had been warned of anyone who could come into the house. Afterall, the hybrids would be on Esther's hit list as well, being one of the abominations that she so despised.

A young male hybrid came to the door. We had met him quite a few times. Rush was a big man with a body builder's physique, his muscles likely coming from his werewolf side. On the outside he looked terrifying to any normal human, but we all knew he was a sweetheart on the inside.

"Astrid, Stefan! It's great to have you back. Any news?" Rush asks. We nod, stepping inside of the house. Many of the other well known hybrids come out of their rooms on the top floor, coming to see what the commotion was about. Once they saw us, they just watched from afar. They were not wary of us anymore. I had given them my word that I would do my best to protect them and their loved ones.

The three of us stepped into a lower meeting room where two other hybrids, a set of identical twin girls named Keelee and Jody, sat at the table. Sitting down with smiles on our faces, I began the meeting.

"We know that Esther is with Elena Gilbert and Tyler Lockwood, a former sired hybrid to my brother. I know that they are going to try and convert all of you to their cause. Tyler was not the best treated hybrid in the world, but that was because he never freaking listened unless he was being ordered to, unless Nik activated the damned sire bond. He's stubborn and may be gathering werewolves of his own to fight with Esther and Elena, who as you all know, want the Originals dead."

"I don't get it, why would Tyler work against the person that freed him from the curse of turning? Why break the sire bond? Alpha Nik barely ever even uses it anymore," Keelee asks.

"Tyler is one of the most aggressive and stubborn people I have ever met. He wants to be with Caroline still. He thinks that getting rid of Nik will give him Caroline. That is why Elena is trying to kill Astrid. She thinks that if she gets our mate out of the picture that Damon and I will run right back to her. Both of them are delusional and have been tricked by Esther into doing their bidding," Stefan explains.

"My mother is a master of manipulation. We get our manipulative ways from her. Esther knows that those two will do anything for their now unrequited love to be returned by their ex lovers. They don't even stop to think that Esther is doing this to get rid of all vampires, including them. Mother is two faced and a liar," the redhead twins nod their head in understanding.

"How are we going to be able to help with this? They won't stop their efforts. You've given them many chances to stop their attack on our family. We can not just stand by and allow them to strike fear into our hearts any longer," Keelee says.

"Astrid knows that Kee," Rush pats the hybrid's back before looking at me, "Astrid, what is it that you plan on doing? I suspect that we have to play a part in this. You would not have come here otherwise. The hybrids in this house are with you and your brother. The Mikaelsons are our family and we are loyal to our family."

"Always and Forever, Rush. I need you three to divert Gilbert and Lockwood while the rest of the hybrids and the heretics help break down the magical walls placed on the house and the cemetery, the place where Elena has been going after school is over. Nik and I will come after then and we will kill Esther, Elena, and Tyler once and for all. This will be no small task, which is why I need you three to do the diversion. We have strong hybrids here, but you three are known to be the ones to deal with social relations. The others need to be there to protect the heretics. The battle begins at dawn."