The Broken Billonaire's Wife

orex366 द्वारा

"If you are not going to take a sip of that whiskey what's your poison then?" He asked. Staring at the brown... अधिक

AUTHORS NOTE
Chapter 1: A day from Hell
Chapter 2: Cry Baby
CHAPTER 3: Wish I killed him
CHAPTER 4 : Hypocrite
CHAPTER 5 : Stalker
CHAPTER 6: Kiss and Run
CHAPTER 7: Who is the therapist?
Chapter 8: Nigerian Mothers
Chapter 9: Ice cream mix
Chapter 10: Midnight call
Chapter 11: Brothers
Chapter 12: Meeting Pamela
Chapter 13: Date night; Our Song
Chapter 14: Under the stars
Family Members
From their POV
Chapter 15: Scam
Chapter 16 : Where is Lizzy?
Chapter 17: Listening to Andrew
Chapter 18: Swallowing her face
Chapter 19 : His silence
Chapter 20: Stopping his heart
Chapter 21: The Naija Way (1)
Chapter 22: The Naija Way(2)
Chapter 23: Mummy Issues
Chapter 24: Meeting Tiara
Chapter 25: Seeds of Jealousy
Chapter 26: Revelations
Chapter 27: Money matters
Chapter 28: My home
Chapter 29: Hidden papers
Chapter 30: Therapist turned friend
Chapter 31: Pregnancy Scare
Chapter 32: Cracks in the wall
Chapter 33: Baggage
Chapter 34: Miniature Version
Chapter 35: Foundations
Chapter 36: Hold me tight
Chapter 37: Letter to my lover
Chapter 38: Freaky and a surprise
Chapter 39: Emergency
Chapter 40: Finding Lilly
Chapter 41: Mixed feelings
Chapter 42: Lucky Charm
Chapter 43: Love is a choice
Chapter 44: Load and Shoot
Chapter 45: Lizzy and Lily
Chapter 46 : Police Brutality
Chapter 47: How to make him fall
Chapter 48: Truly, madly, deeply.
Chapter 49: Revenge prank
Chapter 50: Birthday surprise
Chapter 51: Los Angeles
Chapter 52: Family Dinner
Chapter 53: Pandora's box
Chapter 54: Threats
Chapter 55: Lie to me
Chapter 56: You're Under arrest
Chapter 57: No one left
Chapter 58: Too tired
Chapter 59: Chaos
Chapter 60: Hope's claw
Chapter 61: The voice from within
Chapter 62: Walking out of love
Chapter 63: Picking the pieces
CHAPTER 64: Miles Apart
Chapter 65: Jobless Liz
Chapter 66: Healing
Chapter 67: Confrontations
chapter 68: Reunion and sappy friendships
Chapter 69: After
Chapter 70: Break me
Chapter 71: Grief and it's stages
Chapter 72: Pregnancy hormones
Chapter 73: Stillness and hugs
Chapter 74: Marriage counselling.
Chapter 75: Blue Balls
Chapter 76: Thirteen reasons why

Prologue : Therapy session

1.2K 104 9
orex366 द्वारा

JUNE 15 2000,

LONDON.

"30, 29 ,28, 27, 26..." Liz tapped her shoes against the tiled hospital floor, bobbing her head almost like she was swaying to the sound of her feet but in reality she wasn't.

Her head was hung low studying imaginary swirl patterns on the floor as she counted. This room was different from the ones her mother usually brought her too. It was painted shades of the rainbow and action figures were littered on the wall in a huge mural.

She had only raised her head up once since she got here. It was better to count. Counting was better than thinking he thought her that. It also helped with the itch; the one that made her want to scratch off her skin.

"Elizabeth! Talk to me please, help me help you," the therapist begged stretching her hands out to the little girl. On pure instinct Liz flinched away from her touch and continued counting.

"25, 24, 23, 22, 21, 20, 19..." This time the itch was too much to bear even counting couldn't take off the edge and she found herself scratching.

The sharp edge of her nails made no difference. It could only scratch the very surface of her skin but the itch was deeper. All it wanted was to rid Liz of her covering, so that the pain consuming her mind will take root.

Doctor Grayson, the child therapist stared at Liz and filled in her note using a tiny blue notepad. Without being told Liz knew her life was about to change. She felt dead inside, something deeper was stirring in her and strings of thoughts alongside it that made her wish her fingers could take off her skin fully. If only she could scratch deep enough to pull off the beautiful porcelain skin he loved so much maybe she wouldn't have plunged the knife deep down into his abdomen and her mother could still bare to look at her.

The look on her mothers face when she came in after hearing his scream and seeing her naked husband lying beside her 9 year old daughter with a knife plunged deep inside him fueled the itch. Her glare sent shivers down Liz's spine. It was a mixture of pity, disgust and accusal, it made Liz even feel more dirty.

She tried, she put on those huge floral night wears but it didn't deter him. Not even the cut marks she made on the inside of her thighs could stop him.

Liz wanted to scream but settled for the scratches, this time directing her fingers towards her face, "18,17,16,15."

At six her mothers husband started coming to her room. Three years was long enough for his itch to be satisfied right? But he wouldn't stop. Like hers, his itch was deeper making sure he took every available opportunity to lay between her thighs.

The ceilings above her bed post were thirty two, she knew cause she counted every single time he was on top of her.

Not all rape is loud with shouts and screams. Sometimes its quiet especially when the perpetrator is someone with whom you should be most secure with and your young brain can't register what's going on.

"Elizabeth its okay now. You're safe now child."She pulled Liz hands away from and held it firmly between hers. Cut off from her only source of release, Liz tapped her feet even more violently rocking back and forth.

When she finally raised her head up, Liz stared at the older woman and felt her throat clogged with tears, wondering why she stared at her like she was still beautiful. It wasn't pity in the older woman's gaze for her, just a watery smile.

Why?Why? She didn't scream the words though. She never screamed.

"Tell me what happened when you are ready." Mrs Robinson adjusted the square glasses that hung on her round nose then hugged Liz closer to her. She smelled of strawberry, cinnamon and a hint of roses.

"He said to keep quiet," Liz shivered as she muttered slowly, her journey began that day or perhaps it ended.

****
Short Prologue for a little backstory.

पढ़ना जारी रखें

आपको ये भी पसंदे आएँगी

262K 4.4K 62
"I promise, for as long as you live I will protect you, love you, care for you, comfort you, lay with you, feed you, play with you and above all brin...
2.1M 76.9K 45
Debra doesn't need anyone to tell her that going from one relationship straight into another is never a good idea. Despite knowing this, she finds he...
51.6K 3.6K 43
" That's not fair and you know it," He gritted, " You're not the only one who blames themselves for his death." " He's dead because of me, Exodus!"...
2.8M 79.8K 64
Love. It was infuriating yet strangely addicting. It swirls in unknown waters, testing its limits before striking. The sensation of its claws diggin...