Second Chance in Love (His De...

By crazywriter1116

His Desire, the book, continues with Haider's journey taking an interesting turn. First, it was Alina who had... More

Sneak Peek
I n t r o d u c t i o n
C h a r a c t e r s
1. Finding Solace
2. Mr. Khadus
3. Into the Shell
4. Hearts will go on
5. Changing Feelings
6. Size Matters
7. Ex
8. Kuch Kuch Hota Hai
9. Remembrance
10. Left Out
11. Ego?
12. Explore
13. Let the Heart rule the Head
Teaser 1
14. The Woman He Loves
15. Offended!!!!
16. Delusion
17. Grudges
18. Having the Hots for
19. Denial
20. One-Sided Lover
21. Mistaken Identity
22. Maturity
23. Fantasy Out of Control
24. Privileged
25. Live-In Partners
Teaser 2
26. Die-hard Lovers
27. In His Memories
28. Death!!!
29. I Love You!
30. Virginity and Soulmates
31. Engagement
32. Broken Heart
33. In Love?
34. The Third Angle
35. Turn of events
36. He Knows
37. Sorry for the loss
Teaser 3
39. A Filmy Entry of Santosh
40. Unpleasant Visitor
41. Suspicious Santosh
42. Exposed!
43. Nikahified
44. Possessive
45. Twist in the Wind
46. Incomplete Melody
47. Nikhafied 2.0
48. Night of the Wedding
49. Awkward Reality
50. In the Mood
51. Intimacy
52. A Blissful morning
53. Sasur & Damad
54. Surprise; Not yet
55. For his Lady Love
56. Betrayed?
57. The One with a Big Heart
58. An Awkward Dinner
59. A Sultry Morning
60. New Couple Alert!!!
Happily Ever After

38. A Loyal Son

1K 80 35
By crazywriter1116

Alina sat on her bed, listening to her mother on the other side. She agitatedly kept tapping her feet and drumming her fingers on the bed.

'I can understand, Mom! But Nikah is not possible for now... I mean--just, for now, Mom not...please don't misunderstand me.' – She sighed rubbing her forehead. Slowly, she moved away from her phone and disconnected the call.

'All Okay?' Mikael walked inside the room and sat beside her, he held her shoulder. She nodded, closing her eyes, and letting out an exasperated sigh.

'Mom and Dad want our Nikah to be done soon but—', - she looked at him, - 'I don't think it is a good idea. Especially with what happened to Haider. It doesn't seem right that I celebrate my wedding?' She shrugged looking intently at him.

Mikael gave a thoughtful nod. Alina hesitated and then slithered her palm towards his hand and gently placed her palm over his hand, - 'Mikael, I am really worried for Haider. What if—', she bit her lip, - 'He ends up doing something drastic.' She said, her eyes got moist. Mikael shifted and wrapped his fingers around her palm, giving it a gentle squeeze.

'Yes, Alina. Even I am thinking the same. The recent events were extremely depressing, and the house is haunting. Haider is alone and his mental state isn't—he needs someone.' He expressed his concern as well. Alina nodded and held his hand in both her palms.

'Please do something.' She pleaded him, - 'You always have a solution.' She said and he hummed in response. Just then, his phone rang. Alina looked away as Mikael pulled out his phone from his track-pants pocket. He glanced at his phone and then looked at Alina,

- 'It's Amaal calling.' He commented and Alina looked hopefully at him.

▪⎯⎯⎯∞⎯⎯⎯▪

Haider knocked at the door with his knuckles and cleared his throat. Uzma straightened in her seat on the recliner chair. She stood up, clenching a photo frame against her chest. Quickly, she wiped her tears from her cheeks.

'Beta—'

'I have,' – He spoke in a hoarse voice, forwarding an envelope to her, - 'arranged your tickets to London.' – He avoided looking at her as Uzma reluctantly took it from him, - 'You will be staying with your brother.' – He let out a breath and looked at her, - 'I will be transferring Mr. Zaidi's—account and everything to London and also, I have spoken to Mama and explained to him that he will have to open an account for you in which I will keep sending money for you so that you can spend it as you like.' He clarified, looked away, and turned.

'Beta, why this formality? Why can't stay with you?' She asked in a meek and shaky voice.

Haider gulped hard and breathed out shakily, he doesn't look at his mother - 'I am sorry, Mrs. Zaidi. This is the best I can do.' – he paused, - 'Don't expect anything more than this from me.' He answered and walked out of the room.

After he left, Uzma fell on the bed, letting out a small sob, - 'I have lost everything, beta. My husband, daughter, and—you.' She cried bitterly, clenching the bedsheet tightly.

As Haider walked towards his room, AK called out to him asking for dinner, but he doesn't reply and entered his room shutting the door with a thud. AK gulped and murmured to himself, - 'I guess it's a No.'

▪⎯⎯⎯∞⎯⎯⎯▪

The cold shower flooded over him, draining away Haider's stress and blurring his thoughts. He felt his muscles relax. Then there was a knock at the door, startling him.

'Five minutes, I am coming out. Amaal.' He called with his eyes closed and palms resting on the icy cold tiles.

Someone, a man, cleared his throat, - 'Sir, I am AK.' – he paused. Haider's eyes snapped open, - 'And your breakfast is ready.' He called from the other side.

After the shower, Haider swiftly got dressed in a three-piece blue checked business suit. As he adjusted the red tie, he was reminded of how he missed these formal wears and going to the office. It has been more than a month since he had left Noida and a week since he returned. Haider sighed pulling his coat closer and buttoning the middle button.

Haider had decided to stay away from the business a little longer till his mother was sent and the formalities had begun.

He climbed down the stairs and was pleased to find out that breakfast was ready. Watching the butlers work for him, reminded him of the old days. The lonely yet peaceful days. AK pulled a chair for him and he sat down. Another butler got him a plate of poached egg, toast, and a muffin. Haider's lips turned into a crooked smile as recollected the heavy breakfast from the Noori Mahal. His smile faded as a voice from his heart called, - 'Amaal!'

Through the car ride, Haider thought to himself that everything had gone to being the normal it was before everything happened. Yet, a big change had happened to him. It was the new normal. His thought was interrupted by the ringing of his phone. He removed his sunglasses and glanced at the cell phone. It was Noori. He looked away. Her call reminded him that he had forgotten to inform her.

'Hello, Mrs. Noori.' – He paused, listening to her, - 'Yes, I was about to call you.'- he played with his fingers, - 'I am glad you helped me and supported me when I was at my lowest. But'- he breathed, - 'I am wanted here, in Noida. This business empire needs me. I am sorry. But I will come to visit the place sometime.' He confessed. Noori appreciated him and sent her condolences to him. Haider clenched and unclenched his jaw.

'Bye, Mrs. Noori. Have a good day.' He replied in a dry tone. There was something more she was about to say but he disconnected the call.

At Office, every employee was stunned to find Haider walk through the reception, corridor and towards his cabin. Many greeted him in a daze and he mechanically just nodded at them. Banerjee stood by his cabin, ready to greet and meet his boss. He couldn't believe it when Haider had called and informed him about his coming. It took a whole week of coaxing to make him agree.

Haider unbuttoned his coat and entered the cabin, followed closely his assistant.

Someone is missing certain someone 

Precap:

Haider returned home. It was extremely late around 11 in the night and he was very tired. He wanted to stay at office even longer but knew it wasn't feasible. He just returned to sleep and then wake up early and be off to work again.

He walked through the main door, rubbing his forehead with his fingers. On the way to the stairs, he was interrupted by AK.

Slowly, he looked at his butler who stood with another man. A tall and lean man with brown bushy walrus moustache and sloppy hairstyle. AK cleared this throat, - 'Sir, this is Santosh Kumar.'- The other guy bowed a little, folding his palms, - 'from my village in Bihar. He is in dire need of work. Please, can you—', he hesitated, - 'hire him?' AK gulped.

Haider looked at the man. He was dressed in blue striped loose shirt tugged out of white pajamas. He cringed at the attire. Slowly, he looked up at the man's face. He had a very baby like face, only the moustache made him appear a little manly.

'AK!' He sighed, - 'You know we are cutting cost. That is why I had to let go of the maids and other staffs except you and the cook.' Haider sounded defeated. Because of Jahangir's recklessness, they are now forced to adjust and balance the cost.

AK slightly shook his head, - 'No, sir. Santosh won't take much money. Anything you give—In fact, I will share my salary with him.'- Haider looked surprised and before he could response Santosh spoke.

'Sir, please.'- He spoke in a meek baritone that sounded like he had something stuck in his throat, - 'I have a widow sister and a blind mother and a paralyzed father.'- He fell to the ground and clutched Haider's leg. He jumped on spot, but the man had fast reflexes and strong grip.

'What the hell!'- Haider spoke over the man's pleading in the background. He looked at AK, who looked embarrassed.

'Please, please please....'The man cried in the background. Haider kept kicking his leg to free himself. 

OMG! Such a filmy situation for Santosh- Budhi andhi Maa (old blind mother), paralyzed Father and a widowed sister. All three 70's- 80's Hindi movie cliches in one *laughes silently. 

How was the Chapter, my lovelies? Drop your thoughts in the comments, please *smiles* and Stay Tuned for the next update *lots of love* *hugs and kisses*

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

117 24 9
In the vibrant heart of the city, young Evangeline Blake found herself irresistibly drawn to the enigmatic and aloof Nathan Blackwood. Despite his my...
24.8K 1.1K 35
The journey continues....
8.6K 554 9
Hope you like this book. Do support 💜
Fanaa By Storyteller

General Fiction

256K 27.8K 36
Tara and Ibrahim story. What happens when love turned into Obsession? This is not an obsession to ruin her, This obsession is far beyond his own exis...