war of hearts

Per -estesfolklore

Cassiopeia Black had never been one to follow her families beliefs, and the war was no different. Whilst her... Més

WAR OF HEARTS!
o. prologue
act one - 1978
i. nine months
ii. minnie's advice
iii. wedding thoughts and worries
iv. a long night
v. dresses and dream jobs
vi. wedding bells
vii. the rosenthals
viii. nineteen
ix. the first heart broken
x. a right state
xi. the big decision
xii. mixed emotions
act two - 1979
i. new year, new flat
ii. bright and clear
iii. the order of the phoenix
iv. godric's bitches
vi. "this is going to sting a bit"
vii. the secret of the fawley's
x. "bros before hoes"
xi. the turn for the worst
xii. third time (un)lucky
xiii. drowning, drowning, drowned
xiv. an aching heart
xv. jellybean
xvi. tearful goodbyes
xvii. the road to recovery
xviii. "strawberry ice cream tastes like ass"
xix. "it's reverse vandalism!"
xx. first words and same mistakes
xxi. such a fool
xxii. whoops
xxiii. "no drinkypoos for cass"
xxiv. "ga-ga!"
act three - 1980
i. the history of the bad
ii. "about bloody time"
iii. the rosenthal household
iv. grease is the word!
v. splinching and sorrow
vi. he'll come back
vii. "i'm real"
viii. illness and idiots
ix. one year
x. holibobs
xi. utter bliss
xii. babies galore!
act four - 1981
i. all good things
ii. old habits die hard
iii. the need for vengeance
iv. cracks
v. once a black, always a black?
vi. dumbledores proposal
vii. spilt wine
viii. adrenalin (i)
iv. adrenalin (ii)
x. miserable mungo's

v. the union of soulmates

2.1K 104 86
Per -estesfolklore

" love me and the world is mine. "
-david reed

.☆*゚・゚。.★.*。・゚☆*.

LILY WAS PACING THE LENGTH of the room at Potter Manor she was getting ready in, twisting her hands together nervously. Today was the day she was going to marry James, and she had never been more excited. If you had told her fifth year self that James Potter, the arrogant toerag that he was at the time, would become one of the sweetest, most caring, lovable people she knew, she'd have told you you were crazy. She'd have probably suggested you see a doctor if you'd told her she'd be marrying him.

"Lils, would you sit down?" Cass said. "I can't exactly paint your nails if you're pacing."

"Right, sorry." Lily mumbled, taking a seat at the dressing table. "Where's Clara?"

"The boys have got her." Cass said, setting about painting Lily's a nude pink. "Remus is looking after her until the meal, and then I'll take over."

"Okay, okay good." Lily said. "Shit, Cass. I'm actually getting married today."

"You actually are." Cass said, her mouth twitching into a smile. "No need to act so surpirsed."

"I never imagined I'd settle down so soon, thats all." Lily said. "Like I'm barely nineteen, and I have a kid and I'm about to get married."

"Life comes at you fast sometimes, huh." Cass laughed.

"Like, don't get me wring, I wouldn't change it for the world — I love James, he's the best thing that's ever happened to me, but it's just... different to how I imagined my life would go."

"Yeah, but if you hadn't fallen in love with James, you wouldn't have had Clara." Cass said. "And anyways, you and James are fucking soulmates — call it what you want, fate maybe, but you two are meant to be."

"I like to think so." Lily smiled softly. There was a knock at the door and Marlene stuck her head round.

"You almost ready Lils?" She said. "Your mums here, should I send her up?"

"Yeah." Lily said. "To both questions."

"Okie dokie." Marlene said. "Poppy's here, by the way." Lily paled ever so slightly, closing her eyes for a moment.

"Oh, good." She muttered. "Do you reckon she'll be pissed I didn't ask her to be a bridesmaid?"

"Probably." Cass said. "But who cares? It's most definelty her problem, she's the one who hasn't spoken to you since she left."

"Yeah, yeah you're right." Lily said. "Okay, I think I'm ready. Where's my dress?"

.☆*゚・゚。.★.*。・゚☆*.

LILY LOOKED BREATHTAKING IN her wedding dress, practically glowing with happiness. Marlene, Alice, Dorcas and Cass were grinning ear to ear as she examined herself in the mirror. Maria Evans was sniffling quietly.

"Mum, why are you crying?" Lily said. "You're meant to be happy."

"Oh, your father would be so proud dear." Maria said, dabbing at her eyes. "You look gorgeous darling."

"Thanks Mum." Lily beamed. "Do you— do you think he really would be?"

"I'm certain of it." Maria said. "Honestly darling, you couldn't have found a better boy." Lily flung her around around her mother, blinking furiously to stop her own tears from falling.

"I'll bet you five galleons that both she and James are crying before they finish the vows." Marlene muttered to Cass.

"Oh please, I'm not going to take a bet I'll lose." Cass scoffed. "I'll up you to ten, and say that Remus, Sirius and Peter will all cry."

"C'mon Cass, do you take me for a fool?" Marlene said. "I don't want to have to pay you ten galleons."

"Marls, come on." Dorcas said, tugging on Marlenes shoulder. "It's time."

.☆*゚・゚。.★.*。・゚☆*.

POTTER MANOR HAD ONCE again been decked out for a wedding, the gazebo had once again been put up — suitable heating charms in place to battle the nippy February weather. Cass grinned at James as she came down the aisle, arm in arm with Noah. James was shifting nervoulsy from foot to foot, fixated on the entrance to the gazebo, looking as if he was afriad Lily had changed her mind.

Cass took her spot beside Marlene, smiling across at Sirius, who looked utterly buzzing at the prospect of his best friend getting married. All heads turned to Lily as she entered, holding tightly on to Maria's arm. She nearly stopped short as she saw James, gazing at her with a look of such love and adoration that she thought her heart was going to explode.

"Alright Potter?" She said quietly, smiling widely at her to-be husband.

"Alright Evans?" James said, giving her a lopsided smile.

"You soppy bastards." Sirius mumbled, already starting to tear up.

James' eyes never left Lily, unable to wipe the goofy grin that had taken residence on his face.

"Dearly beloved..."

Lily and James had personalised their vows, each of them slipping in a few jokes. It was safe to say there wasn't a dry eye within the marquee, everyone basking in the sheer amount of love shared by the two people in front of them. Clara didn't make a sound throughout the whole ceremony, cradled in Remus' arms. She wasn't asleep, taking in her surroundings with her big green eyes. It was safe to say she was going to be an exact replica of Lily, red hair already sprouting from her head.

"And it is now my great pleasure to pronounce you man and wife." The officator said. "You may now kiss the bride."

James wasted no time in pulling Lily toward him, engaging in a kiss filled with passion as stars were sprinkled over them. They pulled away, both of them breathless. Sirius wolf whistled.

"Potter." James said, smirking. Lily rolled her eyes fondly.

"Shut it Potter." She said. "And kiss me."

.☆*゚・゚。.★.*。・゚☆*.

CASS ROCKED CLARA GENTLY AS the music blared, and she was thankful for magic. A small pair of earmuffs, charmed to block out all noise, was perched on Clara's tiny head. Lily and Remus were engaging in a crazy dance to Don't stop me now, and Sirius and James were doing some sort of tango to it.

"Hey Cass." Cass jumped as Poppy Evans, well Snape now, sat down across from her. "Do you mind?"

"Oh, uh no." Cass said. "Course not." Poppy nodded, smiling nervously. "Uh, how've you been?"

"I've been good." Poppy said. "I got married."

"Yeah, Lily said." Cass said. "So did I."

Poppy, of course, knew this, having received an invitation to said wedding.

"I read about the whole thing with Avery." Poppy said. Cass flinched slightly. "Are you alright now?"

"Yeah, yeah it was a long time ago." Cass dismissed it, knowing it was a big fat lie.

"He really couldn't leave you alone, could he?" Poppy said.

"Nope." Cass laughed awkwardly. They sat in an uncomfortable silence, neither knowing what to say after steadily drifting apart.

"I can take Clara Cassiopeia." Euphemia's soft voice came from behind her. "Go and enjoy yourself."

"Thanks Euphemia." Cass said, flashing Euphemia a grateful smile. She careflly passed Clara over. "You haven't seen Noah anywhere, have you?"

"I think he was with Peter, beside the bar." Euphemia said.

"Right, thanks." Cass said. She weaved her way through the crowd, nodding at various people.

"Cass!" Gideon Prewett greeted, slinging an arm over her shoulder. "How have you been?"

"I've been alright Gideon." Cass said, amused at Gideons drunken state. "Are you alright?"

"Me? Never better." Gideon said. "Love is in the air!"

"It sure is." Cass laughed.

"Would you care for a dance?" Gideon said.

"You know I'm married, right?" Cass said, quirking an eyebrow.

"Bummer." Gideon said. "Wait, I did know that — to Noah, right?"

"That'd be correct." Cass said.

"Still, a dance is always fun." Gideon said. "I think we're going to be great friends Cass." Cass smiled.

"I'll take you up on that offer then."

.☆*゚・゚。.★.*。・゚☆*.

"CASSIE!" JAMES CALLED, PUSHING past a few people towards her.

"Hiya Jamesie." Cass said. "Enjoying your night?"

"Its been a dream." James said, a lovesick look on his face. "Lily looks amazing, doesn't she?"

"Yes." Cass said. "You look pretty dashing yourself."

"Thanks Cassie." James beamed. "I don't think we've danced yet, and I think its tradition for a brother, sister one, don't you?"

"Oh of course." Cass said, accepting the hand James extended to her.

"We've come a long way." James said.

"Don't tell me you're going to get all sentimental Jamesie." Cass teased. "You've cried enough today."

"Tears of joy." James said. "Tears of joy."

"Naturally." Cass said. "But I'm supposed to be the emotional one, I am pregnant, after all."

"I'd better be the godfather to that adorable little jellybean." James said, grinning down at Cass' stomach.

"Jellybean, huh?" Cass said.

"Well, we didn't name Clara as a baby bump, and by the end it seemed a bit rude to keep calling her the baby, so I figured I would introduce one for you." James shrugged. "Keep things interesting."

"You're a right dork sometimes, you know that Jamesie?" Cass said.

"It's all a part of my charm." James said. The song ended and the recognisable introduction to Dacning Queen started playing.

"Cass! Come and dance with us!" Lily shouted, grabbing Cass firmly by the hand. "Oh, hi babe." She pecked James' cheek quickly.

"Hi love." James chuckled. Lily dragged Cass over to where Dorcas, Marlene and Alice were all dancing.

"Oh Cass!" Alice said, taking her hands and spinning her around.

"Hiya Al." Cass said.

They spun around, dancing like no one was watching for several songs, until Cass began to grow tired — her feet starting to ache. She excused herself from the dancing, going to sit down again. She frowned slightly, remembering why she had gotten up in the first place. She hadn't seen Noah for the whole evening.

"Cassiopeia, are you alright?" Fleamont said.

"Yeah, just wondering where Noah is." Cass said. Fleamont nodded.

"I saw him with Minerva a few minutes ago." He said. "Over there somewhere." Cass grinned, she had spoken to Minnie at the wedding breakfast but would never pass up on a chance to speak to her again.

"Cheers Fleamont." Cass said, turning in the direction Fleamont had pointed.

Sure enough, Noah was chatting away to Minerva. As she approached them, she realised that they wore serious expressions. Cass wondered what they were talking about, but decided to just ask Noah later.

"Alright love?" Cass said, placing a kiss on Noah's cheek.

"Oh hiya!" Noah said. "Where've you been?"

"I could ask you the same question." Cass said. "I've been all over the place."

Noah chuckled. "I was with Peter for a bit, then Sirius and Remus, and now I'm here."

"Hi Minnie, hows it going?" Cass said.

"Its going well Cassiopeia." Minerva said. "How are you?"

"Wishing I could drink." Cass sighed. "Being pregnant is boring."

"It'll be worth it in the end though." Minerva said, her eyes twinkling. "It always is."

"That's what Lily said." Cass said. "I suppose it's only fair — she didn't drink at my wedding."

"That was probably for the best." Noah laughed. "Someone had to look after James and Sirius."

"And Marlene." Cass said. "Thank Merlin we left that night, I would not have liked to deal with all of them hungover." She paused for a moment. "What were you two talking about anyway?"

"Oh, nothing important." Minerva said. Cass didn't miss the quick glance that the two of them exchanged.

"Yeah, just catching up." Noah said. "Do you want to dance love?"

"Okay." Cass said. "Then I have to find Euphemia and get Clara back, then I think we should head to bed — I'm fucking exhausted." She yawned for emphasis.

"Sounds like a plan." Noah said, giving her a kiss. "Oh, good. It's a slow song."

.☆*゚・゚。.★.*。・゚☆*.

ALL OF THE BRIDESMAIDS and groomsmen were staying at Potter Manor, so they could get drunk enough without having to worry about apparating home. Cass rubbed her eyes as she climbed the stairs, stifling a yawn. Noah was a few steps ahead, a sleeping Clara in his arms. Cass couldn't help but smile, knowing that in a few months, it would be their baby Noah was carrying.

Her heart warmed at the thought, practically bursting with excitement. Of course, she was terrified to bring a child into the world, especially with everything going on and the whole Avery thing, but she felt like as long as Noah was by her side, everything was going to be okay.

"I'll just put her down now." Noah said, keeping his voice quiet so he wouldn't disturb Clara.

"Okay, I'm just going to take my makeup off." Cass said. She slipped into the bathroom, splashing some water onto her face. When she went back through to the bedroom, Noah was already in bed.

"She didn't stir when I put her down." He said.

"She should sleep until about four, Lily said." Cass said. "And then I'll give her a bottle and she should fall back asleep."

"Four?" Noah groaned, burying his head in his pillow. "That's so early!"

"You'd better get used to it." Cass laughed, climbing in beside him. "Soon it'll be our baby waking us up."

"Yeah, and I can't wait." Noah said, kissing her softly. "I'm so excited to meet them."

"Our little jellybean." Cass said, rubbing her stomach fondly. Noahs eyebrows raised and Cass smiled. "Just something James said, and it seems a little rude to just kep referring to them as the baby."

"True." Noah said. "So, our little jellybean it is then."

.☆*゚・゚。.★.*。・゚☆*.

note:
ugh i am jily trash

Continua llegint

You'll Also Like

35.1K 1.5K 75
An obsessed Potterhead mysteriously travels in space and time to meet the Original Order of the Phoenix before the real war started. Will she be succ...
79.3K 2.2K 109
Not even the Youngest Descendant of Godric Gryffindor knew what was so special about her family's sword. The one that their useless fake had been mis...
560 4 50
Aries Cassiopeia Black is a Halfblood Witch and is also a Gryffindor and she is also the only daughter and child of none other than Sirius Black hims...
100K 2.9K 45
"Y/n, I will always be here for you." "Promise?" "I promise." ~*𓃦*~ Going to Hogwarts was something Y/n Black had been looking forward to her ent...