The Vampire

By HiiPower_333

Jessy Volkov is the girl next door, the nice girl that everybody likes but one day everything changes. Everyt... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Epilogue
Author's Note

Chapter 59

130 2 2
By HiiPower_333

I actually got teary eyes writing this because I was listening to The Fray :'( I attached the song on this chapter listen to it with me and we can all cry together </3

~~~~//~~//~~~~

It was nothing but my cries echoed the place even the trees stayed still as if to watch the tragic lost. I felt empty as a ghost holding onto something I have to let go. Once again I have to let go of someone I love, once again we lose someone. 

"No..No..No.." I spoke brokenly shaking my head. 

"Listen to me." He tense his whole body shaking and I see the struggle he have to keep himself from turning. 

"I still see her...the little girl with the big red bow in her hair that shared her juice box with me every lunch time. The girl that made me fall so deeply in love that it was okay if I didn't get the love that I wanted back from you. It's okay..because just looking at you, just being with you was enough...it was enough Jessy. You gave me a life I thought I could never have and you will give them all lives they thought they could never have." He lift my hand and place it right above his chest where his heart lay. His eyes shinning with unshed tears. "It's okay," He gave me a warm smile like he knows everything is going to be okay but nothing will be the same without him, doesn't he understand that?

He's the person the glues me back whenever I'm ready to give up. He's always been that person. 

I knew exactly what he meant by placing my hand there and it scares the crap out of me. It physically pains me realizing what he's asking for. 

"No..." I shook my head but at the same time I knew he would never want to be turned into one of those things. 

I knew what I had to do but I'm still holding on to the fact that it's my best friend. This is Oscar we're talking about. He's been in my life since the moment I learnt how to spell my name. How can I lose someone like him?

I would give it up, I would give everything up to just have that few minutes back and it would be alright again but I look down and I know it's too late to go back and I see the darkness seeping in his hazel eyes. 

I remember him begging me to runaway with him. I remember loving him so much and feeling that love back multiple times. I remember those Saturday nights we would be by the lake roasting marshmallows. I remember our first ever kiss, I remember looking into his eyes and never feeling nervous about it because we knew we would love each other even if our kiss sucked. I remember breaking up with him because I thought he was way too good for me and I was right but he didn't understand and we stopped talking for a month. I wanted him to be happy and find someone deserving but he loved me better, he loved me deeper even after that. He was the one that taught me what true love really is. 

Every part of me aches with pain unable to move dreading to make a move. 

"I can't..." I shook my head tears rolling down my eyes. 

I couldn't take away the one important thing that makes him everything that he is. Kind, loving, sweet, loyal and caring. 

I see the pain, the agonizing pain consuming his whole body as his face flash with pain. I understood that feeling and I would rather die myself then become one of them. I began to pant heavily knowing that time is fading quickly, time with him that I've been clinging to is ending. 

"You can, I want you to please." He whispered his body tensing. 

I lean my forehead against his head placing my trembling lips on his forehead sobbing loudly. I wanted to say so many things, so many words to let him know how much he means to me, how easy he made things for me. I want to hug him tight until the pain leaves, I want to give him everything he deserves but he's slipping. Slipping away from me and I can feel the dreading pain overwhelming my whole body. 

"I love you," I whispered my throat tightening.

I thrust my hand right through his chest breaking his ribcage ripping his heart out. I cry painfully feeling his last beat in my palms. I kept my eyes shut hearing his gasp his finally breath and his whole body falling limp on me. I place his heart on his hand, this is one thing I will not get from him this will forever be his and nobody could take that away. I held onto him tightly unable to let go my arms aching at the tension I held. 

"Thank you for loving me." I whispered to him feeling my cheeks drenched in my tears. 

My whole body shook and I don't know how to stop, I couldn't stop. 

I didn't know how to remove my arms around him, I couldn't pull back and see my best friend's dead face. I didn't have it in me to physically let go. 

The amount of loss we had, the amount of pain I've felt this has been the worst. It's weighing me down, breaking every piece of me inside. A crushing pain that had me panting for relief. 

A warm hand is placed on my back in comfort making me tense at the touch. 

"Jessy." Kat's voice spoke beside me. 

She wrapped her arms around me leaning her head against my back. I cried silently, trying to force the pain away even just for a little while. I finally looked up letting me arms fall around him unable to stare at him so I stared up at the sky. I inhale deeply and with all my strength I push back the pain because the vampires that have survived needs me. 

I push the pain away the best way I know I could. I focus on the anger instead and I let it take over my mind. 

Dominic's POV

We all stood still surrounded by black ash and I am still dumbstruck at what Jessy did. We all held the same expression. We thought she had no ability left but something triggered it. A strong deep emotion pushed her over the edge unleashing this tidal wave of destruction turning the enemies into dust.

I've seen many astonishing abilities vampires have but her one is the most dangerous and we stood by and witness the pure and utter tidal wave of destruction. We are all in awe.

I thought losing Michael was the biggest pain Jessy would experience but as I look at her face. My throat would tightening seeing her finally pull back and I see her staring at the sky holding back the pain as hard as she could. Her lips would tremble in sorrow and her eyes shed tears but some how she stopped it all. Her face became blank and for a second I see darkness flash across her eyes and I knew what that means. 

Losing Michael she let herself feel every bit of pain that's why she ran away but with Oscar she won't let herself feel anything and I'm afraid this will lead to more desaster. More hate and anger that will push her over the edge and maybe this time she will not come back from it. 

I feel my eyes tightened, my throat tightening and no words I could come up with that will make this okay for her. 

I watch her as she stood up and walking away without another glance at Oscar or anyone else. I stared at his still body slowly walking up to him. I knelled infront of him shaking my head. 

"You bastard." I chuckled bitterly. "You weren't suppose to die." 

Oscar and I would bicker at each other whenever we spoke a word to each other. He would stare at me almost angrily but he could never hate me. I know he is trying to hate me but as selfless as he is he could never hate who gives Jessy happiness. 

My mind flash over to the last memory I had with him and it had my eyes burning thinking about it. 

"What do you want?" I feel him lingering in the background like an idiot. 

I lift my eyes away from my book staring at him confused as to why he is staring at me weirdly. 

"I'm trying to figure out how can Jessy ever love you." Oscar lean against the wall.

"Screw you Oscar." 

He smirk pushing himself up and walking over to me sitting infront of me on the couch. I rolled my eyes at him waiting for him to insult me some more. 

"How can my best friend, the woman I've loved since I was 13 pick someone like you?" He frown. 

"I'm just really good in bed that's why." I grin seeing his face twist in disgust and irritation. 

"Are you threatened by me Dominic?" 

He threw me off by his question my mouth opening but no words came out instantly like I usually do.

"Yes of course." I said honestly taking him by surprise. "You have a connection with Jessy whether I like it or not and you will always be in her life. You have a bond with her I cannot understand, you have something with her I don't have. You simply make her life a little better and as hard it is to admit that to myself you are one of the few people that makes her happy and I can't get rid of you." 

He smiled shaking his head laughing as if he's so amused with something. 

"You're an idiot for feeling threatened by me." He lean back on the chair. His face always showing no hint of anger or hate it makes me question if he is capable of feeling that emotion. Is he that much of a good guy? 

I really want to test him how much of a good guy he really is. 

"Aren't you a little mad that I got the girl and you didn't?" I stood up smugly. 

"No." He denied looking up at me. 

"Oh you're not?" I pushed on. "You don't feel a bit of bitterness like you want to rip my head off when I touch her, when I make her feel things you only dream you can do to her." I smirk.

He clenched his jaw standing up as well shaking his head, my eyes landing on his fist bringing a smile to my face. Oh there is anger there finally.  

"Go ahead punch me. Be angry Oscar because I stole her away from you so punch me come on I'll give you one free shot." I egged him on. "Punch me." 

I can see him contemplating it in his mind, I see him over thinking it like he always do and that's the difference between him and I. He thinks of the consequences before he acts and I don't. I see him make a tiny step forward but stopped himself his face relaxing as if letting go of all his anger.

"I know what you're doing." He shook his head unimpressed. 

"Oh?" I spoke mockingly making him roll his eyes. "Aren't you a little mad?" I look at him curiously.

"Yes I was mad. I've been trying to make her love me since I knew I loved her but yet you came along the vampire that sat back and watch her get turned and tortured by your father and I've been trying to figure out why the hell would she love you?!" He shout. "Then I finally saw it, when she was willing to kill those 12 humans to bring you back to life. You don't make each other a better person, no, you would do bad things for each other. You remind each other you were good all along." 

My eyes soften at his word. 

"So yes I was mad but how can I stay mad when I see that." He walk pass me heading to the door. "You'll look after her better then I could." 

I look over my shoulder seeing a different side of Oscar I never saw before. I've always saw him as an annoying little puppy crushing on Jessy but I see a selfless and a better person I could ever be stand infront of me. For a second he resembles the kindness Micheal had and in this moment I can't help but hold a little pride to know someone like him.  

"So you like me now?" I teased. 

"I never hated you." He smirk leaving me with those last four words. 

I now stare at Oscar's lifeless body my flashback of him ending replacing by this corpse. I place my hand on his shoulder in respect I have for this man. He saved Jessy without any fear, without any question about it. He loved her so much that he was willing to die for her and I respect him for saving her. I respect him for loving her. 

"I never hated you either." I frown my throat is painfully tight. 

We burned his body just like Luke and Michael, we let his ash float in the air and we never said a word. A heavy emotion is in the air making everyone feel uncomfortable. I walk inside the house seeing the new vampires sitting around not really sure what to do next. I see Luther giving out blood for them to heal. 

I walk upstairs inside the room and taking out the almost broken box out of the drawer and head to her room where I know she will be. I open the door silently seeing her sitting on the bed not moving. My heart broke when her eyes snap at mine with no single emotion in it.

I sat on the edge of the bed and place the box infront of us. 

"Here." I spoke my eyes lingering over her face making me frown cursing her dad for this. "It's the gift Oscar gave you, I saved it in the old house I thought you would want it." 

Her eyes snap down at the box, her cold emotionless expression cracked with lines expressing pain and regret. Tears fell from her eyes, she stood up and raise her shakey hand on the box to open it revealing the wooden knight that she lift up. She gave out a sob creating a pain in my chest watching her hug the tiny wooden knight against her. 

I got up and was about to leave thinking she needs to be alone for this.

"Wait." Her voice shook. 

I look back seeing her red eyes stare back at me. 

"Stay." 

My heart jump at her word, I nodded and sat back down watching her painfully seeing the importance of all the things in that box. 

Jessy's POV

My fingers clench on the CD in the box my heart pounding loudly. I look up to Dominic finding a tiny bit of courage in there. I stood up and head to the TV putting the disk in there. I sat inches away from the TV seeing the screen lit up to both of us. We are in the car and he is filming. 

He always like to capture memories in a film because he was terrified that he would end up like his father who had bad alzheimer's. So he filmed everything and took pictures of everything. He would tell me he would never want to forget me and I would tell him back I won't let you. 

I watch us singing in our horrible voice in our jeep. I remember this day, I just passed my diver's licence and we were 15 driving around the city. He stuck his head out the window yelling all sorts of stuff. Then another scene is replace of us, I was sneaking into his room surprising him for his 16 birthday. Our tradition was we always prank each other and I had his favorite apple pie with me. I crawled ontop of him holding both the camera and pie laughing quietly to myself seeing his mouth gaping wide and his head tilt up. I slam the pie straight on his face making him give out a cry in surprise while I rolled over laughing shaking the camera.

"Happy Birthday!" I screamed it was one in the morning I remembered.

"Jessy you're so going to pay for this." He wiped the sticky apple on his face. 

This memory is the most special to me. We were so innocent and we were so happy and those days were simple. We ended having a food fight in his house at one in the morning chasing each other in the house. I never laughed so hard I swear I was so close to peeing my pants. Another clip of us is shown I had my cheer leading outfit on and he had his basketball uniform. 

"Do you love me?" His voice had my chest tightening. 

I pretend to think about it earning a shove with the camera. The happiness shine over me and I can't help but smile seeing the real love I have for him.

"You? Oh only a little bit." I answered playfully.

"Oh really?" Amusement hit his voice. "You've loved me since the moment I stole your juice box." He grinned. 

"I know I love that chubby cute boy." I cooed squeezing his cheek tightly making him groan flinching away from me.

The agony in me while watching this had my stomach turning unable to hold the tears any longer. Watching Oscar from the screen. The clip turned into him sitting infront of the camera and he held that smile that made things a little better. 

"Well Happy Birthday Jessy, I hope when you watch this it will give you joy instead of sadness. My family history has been painfully you know that we always die with diseases in our body that's just how we are just made, to die young and to die painfully. When I found out I had bone cancer, I was ready to end it because I wanted to die my own way. Not of a disease, not of any sickness. I will die when I choose to die and I was ready to give up but than I remembered you. I choose to believe that you could save me and I was right." He smiled widely from ear to ear. "You saved me, you see a monster but we all see something else..You told me once I was a reminder of your old self but you are a reminder of someone who gives people second chances. Happy Birthday Jessy Volkov I love you so so much and remember look up to the moon." 

He gave me one final smile before ending the video making my eyes burn with tears hearing his words. He have no idea how much this is hurting me. 

I felt Dominic's arms around me pulling me onto his lap. I bury my face on his neck crying softly, he rock me in a soothing motion combing my hair with his fingers. I sob onto him until my throat couldn't take it anymore and my eyes is sore. I look up towards the window seeing the moon heaviness weighing on me. 

It's hard letting go and I can't find comfort and any peace in this. 

I predicted that something bad will happen and it did and it was nothing I expected it to be. There's nothing about this I will let go until I find my father and rip his heart and watch me burn him. He knew where to attack me, he knew how to hurt me and he did it. I will rip his smug face from his skull. 

I pull back and stare at Dominic who stared back worried his fingers wiping away my wet cheeks. 

"I'm going to kill him." I said like a promise.

I didn't care if I died along with him because of our blood connection, I made my decision and Dominic can see that. I know he wants to argue with me and I know it pains him to lose the little years we have together but he nodded sadness flashing over his eyes. He know that I need to do this. 

He pull me into a hug sighing deeply placing his lips on mine. I hold onto him, holding onto his love.

            ~~//~~//~~//~~

 Yes I know I've killed so many characters! Haha but The Vampire is about love and sacrifice, it is not always about the happy ending. 

Five or Six more Chapters to go! :D :D 

Stay tune and read what will happen in the end, it is something you won't predict. A little plot twist will be waiting for you. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

142K 6.8K 33
After stealing his enemy's daughter, Daniel Volkov never expects to be the one who gets captivated. ⚠️ WHOLESOME & ANGSTY MAFIA ROMANCE ⚠️ She press...
297K 2.8K 29
❝𝘐 𝘯𝘦𝘦𝘥 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘵𝘰 𝘭𝘦𝘵 𝘮𝘦 𝘧𝘶𝘤𝘬 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘣𝘳𝘢𝘪𝘯𝘴 𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘢𝘯𝘨𝘦𝘭.❞ ♤ 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐲'𝐫𝐞 𝐛𝐨𝐭𝐡 𝐦𝐞𝐚𝐧𝐭 𝐭𝐨 𝐤𝐢...
6K 323 34
Valentina , a naive 18 year old sweet girl ,loves to help people ,extremely empathetic. Raised by a single mother ,she is unaware of a lot of not so...
Murderous Intent By Brooke

Mystery / Thriller

611 270 21
Jessica Volkov is a Japanese-American girl who was adopted by Ukrainian immigrants. She was raised in a dysfunctional family because her father was e...