The Torn Sins

Da SlimJimSem

"Greetings to you all across the nation of The Castle. I, your Queen, come today, bearing sad news. Your prin... Altro

The Torn Sins
Chapter I
Chapter II
Chapter III
Chapter IV
Chapter V
Chapter VI
Chapter VII
Chapter VIII
Chapter IX
Chapter X
Chapter XI
Chapter XII
Chapter XIII
Chapter XIV
Chapter XV
Chapter XVI
Chapter XVII
Chapter XVIII
Chapter XIX
Chapter XX
Chapter XXI
Chapter XXII
Chapter XXIII
Chapter XXIV
Chapter XXV
Chapter XXVI
Chapter XXVII
Chapter XXVIII
Chapter XXIX
Chapter XXX
Chapter XXXI
Chapter XXXII
Chapter XXXIII
Chapter XXXV
Epilogue

Chapter XXXIIIV

24 7 0
Da SlimJimSem

Cybil's POV

"Quickly now, quickly," I hiss, urging the troops through the deserted streets. We are as quiet as humans can be, but we have the cover of nightfall and the distraction of fire on our side. I stand behind what's left of a store front and direct my leaders. We've been over this a thousand times and with a simple gesture they guide their troops into the correct positions. Matrix hovers at my side and I can sense the surprise coming off of him.

"You really gave this some thought huh?"

"They're humans, without proper direction they'd all be murdered. Vampire strength and speed is unparalleled, which is why we have to outsmart them. I wish I'd had more time to go over the plans with you," I mutter back.

"I got the gist of it, don't worry. More importantly I've got your back," Matrix gives my shoulder a squeeze of comfort and I smile in return.

We both whip our heads around as Natham leaps down from what's left of the rooftops, landing quietly and with skill.

"Status?"

"Their split, that's for sure. We have less vampires on our side but their standing strong. Evangeline happens to be leading them actually," Natham grins.

"Of course she is, and the rest of our court is with her?" Matrix questions.

"Yes, they've got about five thousand with them, give or take."

"Matrix, what's the population of vampires in this city?" I grimace.

"About fifteen," he's frowning as well.

"So we have more humans, but they have double the vampires," I mutter.

"Doesn't matter, Cybil, we stick to the plan and they'll be so damn surprised their numbers won't mean shit," Natham urges.

I nod in agreement, "You're right, we stick to the plan."

One of my leaders beams a small light towards us, signalling that their all in position.

"It's time," I whisper and taking my brother's hand I step forward.

"I'll be with you Cybil, in the shadows, but with you," Natham promises and I flash him a grateful smile before moving forward, probably towards my death.

We reach the courtyard quickly enough and it doesn't take long for the crowd to notice us. The arguing ceases, the skirmishes come to a quick stop and they all look towards their princess and king.

"Good evening, citizens of the Castle. We've come to see what you've decided," Matrix calls out.

"Decided?! We haven't been given a choice, we've been threatened with starvation, had our homes burnt to the ground, and left here to die!" a voice says and others call out in agreement.

"You're being fools, they have everything we need to survive and start over, you just don't want to sacrifice having an entire species to torture and murder!" Another voice says and I recognize it as Evangeline. My heart soars with pride.

"The only people that were torturing the humans were you fucking nobles! Us regular folks weren't hurting anyone too bad, we just needed to eat!"

"You're delusional! How many have you killed in your lifetime?" the game of back and forth begins, shouting and yelling commences and I hang my head in a moment of sorrow for what is to come.

"Enough!" I snap out and they fall quiet again. "If you are with us, then step towards the right balcony, I want to see a clear line. Consider this your vote!"

The crowd shuffles as people quickly move towards where their hearts lie. Harsh words are tossed out as they pass each other, fury and rage showing on their faces. When the crowd has split I lift my hand to quiet them once more.

"You all have chosen then. I could've left you here to starve and go mad with each other, but instead I've decided to fight," I call out.

"Good! At least you're not a coward, I will fight if it means the Castle stays as it should be," someone calls out and rallies the crowd as well.

"Then we are at war," I take in a deep breath and close my eyes, enjoying this final moment of peace.

"I'll start by cutting the head off the bitch who calls the shots!" a voice yells. I hear the rushing of feet as vampires make their way towards me, eyes red with rage, malice and hatred in their hearts. Before they can even get close the gunshots are fired and they stumble during their race. My troops rush out, and the collision of sides is so loud there's ringing in my ears.

"Cybil, let's go," Natham's voice pulls me out of daze and I feel my fangs slide out.

"I'm ready," I growl.

The three of us rush into battle with the smell of blood already swirling in the air. 

Natham's POV

I never thought I'd get to see the day where I'd rush into battle with Cybil by my side. When Matrix locked me in that cell I thought it was all over, that I'd spend my miserable vampire life stuck in there forever. And I deserved that, I deserved to be left there to suffer and eventually die.

But she didn't let me. I look over at her now and feel my heart swell with emotion. As the sweat drips down her brow from the heat of the fires and the muscles on her body coil as she races towards danger I can't help but wonder how I ever was willing to hurt something that fierce.

Before I can get too caught up in her I collide with a strong body and we both roll, into the chaos of the crowd. I hear Cybil call out for me, but I don't get the chance to look around for her. The vampire on top of me flashes a fierce blow to the jaw and I feel blood well in my mouth almost immediately. He goes for another and I catch his fist, surprising him with my strength. Catching him off guard I swing my other fist down on top of his extended arm and hear the bone crack. He lets out a wail of pain and I twist us so that his head is locked in my arms and he's down on his knees. My eyes connect with Cybil's in this moment and fear races through me. What if, what if, what if?

What if I snap again, what if I like causing pain again, what if something goes wrong and I lose myself again?

"Natham," she's in front of me now, ignoring the battle ensuing around us. "Do it Natham, fucking do it. Because every single one of these bastards will do it to you," she growls.

With my eyes closed I snap his neck and the dread washes away from me, replaced by a feeling of grim determination.

"Thank you," I whisper to her, but she's already gone. It doesn't take me long to be engaged in another fight, a sea of bodies being kicked and punched is all around me. The humans fire bullets out as well, close range of course. The guns are their only chance at survival against the ferocious beasts we all are. I claw, bite, break, and destroy anything that gets in my way. Blood covers my body, as well as bruises and injuries of my own, but I don't stop fighting. I fight for the people I have wronged, I fight for the version of myself that I lost so long ago, and the person I am now. I fight to make sure the monster never comes back.

As I smash through a foe's skull with my bare hands and feel god knows what splatter on my face I think of how lucky I am to have her. How fucking lucky.

"Natham," she grabs my wrist and pulls me away from the pieces of brain and flesh.

"What, what's wrong?" I ask confused.

"Nothing, we just need a break. Water, medicines, blood, I've been pulling the troops back one at a time, now it's our turn," she explains.

"Where's Matrix, how long has it been?" Everything felt like a haze and now I've suddenly snapped back to reality.

"Waiting for us at the water station, and to be honest I have no idea. My brain went kind of fuzzy in the midst of all that," we're sneaking through the streets while a battle rages on a mile away.

"Should we be leaving our comrades?" I gnaw of my already bloodied lip nervously.

"We have to regroup Natham, it's our jobs as leaders. It's our responsibility to stay alert and to observe. We don't even know what time it is or if we're winning or how many casualties we have so far. Matrix moved back to the water station awhile ago to start tallying numbers while I snuck the troops over here," she explains. I nod at the sense of her words and as we approach Matrix I see a human standing beside him as well, waiting to feed Cybil.

"You go first, that way I can restore my strength afterwards," she urges and holds out her wrist. I don't hesitate, sinking my fangs into flesh and watching as the images flash through my mind, as they do everytime we share this bond. We've gotten used to it, used to the emotions that rise within us at all the memories, good and bad.

At least we tell ourselves we have. As I pull back I look up and see Cybil's love in her eyes, the tears spilling over for the first time in months.

"I'm sorry," I whisper. "I'm sorry I make you relive that."

"No, it's not that," she holds up a hand to stop me from speaking. I glance over at her brother who is watching us with wide eyes. "You're right, a little privacy, we'll be back Matrix," she grabs my wrist and pulls me away quickly, behind cover and away from watchful eyes. "I still love you Natham, and I can't turn it off."

"I don't deserve that Cybil, I don't deserve that," I shake my head quickly, backing away from her.

"You didn't deserve it, but now I think you do. I've seen you change, I've seen you grow and become a better man than you ever were."

"That doesn't change what I did!" I yell, trying to scare her, but she doesn't even flinch. "You can't love me Cybil, dear god please don't love me."

"You still love me too," she whispers, taking my hands and pulling me close. I lean my forehead against hers and breathe her in, the scent of her is intoxicating.

"Of course I do, you know I do, but I don't deserve your love," I whisper.

"You're stuck with it, I've forgiven you, I'm trusting in you, I'm going to give you a second chance. You're the only man I've ever loved like this, and probably the only one I ever will. I did things too, hurt people, changed you. We fueled each other and we still do, just in a healthy way now," she whispers. "Natham, if I'm going to die when we go back out there, then I want to die with your kiss on my lips."

"I didn't stop last time I tasted you, I didn't stop," I whisper, fear clouding my brain.

"You'll stop with me, you'll stop when I tell you to, you'll stop because I trust you," and she doesn't leave me a choice. She stands up on her tip toes and presses her lips against mine. I wait for it, the flash of heat and desire to harm or seduce, but it never comes. Instead a slow building warmth slides through me. I leave my hands against the wall as hers tangle in my hair and caress and soothe. I try to ignore the warmth rising up inside of me but there's no way to resist this woman.

Her lips are soft and taste of blood, her hands are strong as they tug and pull at my hair, her body presses closer to mine and I can't help but feel joy. How long had it been since we were this close, how long?

"Natham," she pulls back and I let out a sigh of relief that it is over, who knows how much more I could take. "Kiss me back Natham," she snaps before diving at me again.

And I let it go, the thick chain wrapped around my neck is released and I let my hands slide to her hair, tangling in the soft tendrils, my lips dance with hers, and it feels like it used to. It feels like soft kisses stolen on warm nights in the tower, it feels like a friendship and love so deep no sex is needed, it feels like stargazing at a painted ceiling in a soft bed. It feels like home.

I'm crying, oh god how could I not be crying, I've been so loved for three years and was too stupid to see it. How could I have thought she'd stopped loving me, wasn't it obvious when she dragged me out of my cell and carried me home with her. Yes, there was love here, and I was going to treasure it for as long as I lived.

"I do hate to interrupt," Matrix clears his throat and we pull away. "But we have a war to attend to." I look to his face expecting to see anger, but to my surprise he wears a subtle smirk.

"Sorry, that was my fault," Cybil blushes and guides us over to the water station. "Tell me the stats."

Continua a leggere

Ti piacerà anche

1.8K 30 22
A 15 year old girl faces the extremes starting from a young age... Abuse, mentally..physically..emotionally.. hatred, depression, suicidal thoughts...
1.3K 60 59
HER It's been over a year since my first taste of blood, since I've learned what it means to truly evolve in order to survive. I'm not proud of what...
179 17 69
⚠ Completed⚠ Suitable for 16+ :/ Enjoy! A Ball. In London, Burbury. England. A place of wealth and gold. An event her friends set her up with. What...
615K 33.9K 74
Betrayed, lost, broken. This is Azalea's reality now. Once a slave, now a warrior. A future queen tasked with the enormous weight of the survival...