Attraction Is The Easy Part...

By anamika_writes

• • • • Attraction is spontaneous, but Relationship is not. • • • • Shivaay has celebrated celibacy so far. H... More

P R E L U D E
Chapter 1 : Meet Him
Chapter 2 : Meet Her
Chapter 3 : The Dinner
Chapter 4 : Meeting Again!
Chapter 5 : Amidst Confusion
Chapter 6 : Yes or No?
Chapter 7 : Wedding On The Cards?
Chapter 8 : Laughter and Smiles
Chapter 9 : Hues Of Romance
Chapter 10 : Slow Dancing
Chapter 11 : Awkward Affair
Chapter 12 : Warm Advances
Chapter 13 : Confusing Proximity
Chapter 14 : Exquisite Experience
Chapter 15 : Dazed Curiosity
Chapter 16 : Impassioned Encounters
Chapter 17 : Flaming Fondness
Chapter 18 : Unforeseen Circumstance
Chapter 19 : All in a day's time
Chapter 20 : Healing Time
Chapter 21 : Inevitable Affinity
Chapter 22 : Comforting Closeness
Chapter 23 : Shedding Diffidence
Chapter 24 : Subtle Seduction
Chapter 25: Fervent Temptation
Chapter 26 : Growing Fondness
Chapter 27 : Consuming Attraction
Chapter 28 : Gratifying Mornings
Chapter 29 : Boiling Desires
Chapter 30 : Unexpected Encounters
Chapter 31 : Of Bygones
Chapter 32 : Of Bygones (II)
Chapter 33 : Temporary Fixtures
Chapter 34 : Life Goes On
Chapter 35 : Completely Smitten
Chapter 36 : Insatiable Needs
Chapter 37 : Cherishing Togetherness
Chapter 38 : Sparks Of Love
Chapter 39 : Reality Checks
Chapter 40 : Something Like Love
Chapter 41 : Of Flowers and Hearts
Chapter 42 : Perplexing Emotions
Chapter 43 : Between Heart and Mind
Chapter 44 : Strong Attachment
Chapter 45 : Making Mends
Chapter 46 : Talking Hearts
Chapter 47 : Sparkling Intimacy
Chapter 48 : A New Chapter

• Bonus Scene •

8.6K 651 132
By anamika_writes

Anika looked up when she heard his footsteps. They were slow and heavy. A look at his face and she knew he had an exhausting day. "Hey," she smiled.

His gaze lifted off his phone and fell on her. The corner of his lips lifting briefly. "Hey, beautiful!" He greeted and the corner of his lips tugged down as he sat on the bed.

Anika's eyes didn't go away from him. On the contrary to him, she had had a relaxed day at work. Fridays were always easy for her. She raised herself up and moved forward on her knees, closer to him. Her arm snaked around his arm, her palm resting on his chest. She pressed a kiss on his neck. His hand quickly reached up to caress his wife's hand. "Had a tough day?"

"Yeah," he muttered.

"Want to talk about it?" She asked, her lips inches away from his ear. Anika instantly had the message that his day was worse than she imagined. Over months of knowing him, Anika had picked up the subtle hints that gave away what was on his mind. 

"No, just the regular. I need a shower." He spoke getting off the bed. Anika respected his decision. There was a way to deal with him. She had got accustomed to being a perfect fit to him. She watched as he took off his shirt grabbed his towel and walked into the washroom very evidently lost in his thoughts. The bathroom door clicked open minutes later. Anika didn't bother to look up from her laptop screen. 

"Anika, sorry," he muttered walking over to the bed with just a towel draped around his torso glistening with water.

Anika looked up with a smile playing on her lips. "You know you don't have to," she spoke placing aside her laptop.

He sat on the bed staring at her.

"You seem really off today. Should I be worried?"

"Will that make you stay the weekend with me?" He asked tossing a smile at her.

"Oh Shivaay, not again. Only one weekend in three weeks is what I give to camps..."

"I was kidding," he spoke cutting her off, his hand reaching for hers.

Anika scooted closer to him. "Shivaay, what's the matter?"

"The Mittals backed out from the deal in the last minute. That son..."

"Language," Anika prompted.

Shivaay looked at Anika cross. "I am going to say all the bad words for that stupid Pankaj Ahuja!" 

"He's a poisonous snake," he muttered under his breath.

Anika smiled, "So a snake got you so worked up huh?"

"It's my months of work going down the drain," he mumbled looking away, his hands making their way to his hair. 

"How about you put on some clothes and then I give you a good head massage?" Anika asked rhetorically walking to his cupboard, pulling out his tracks and a cotton tshirt. She tossed it his way. 

"Underwear too," he muttered.

She smiled to herself, pulling out the bright pink boxers she had once used to prank him. "Here you go," she spoke curling it up into a ball and tossing it his way.

"Are you serious?" He muttered looking at the bright pink garment that he had caught.  It would give a barbie's dress a run for it's money.

"It would look nice on you," Anika teased.

Shivaay looked up at her, "Sweetheart, no pink fantasies ever!" He tossed it back at her. Anika grinned noticing the smile that had made it up her face. Oh she could give anything for that smile. Damn, she was in too deep in his love.

She tossed another black one and shut the cupboard. She made her way into the washroom. She stepped out with a bottle of oil in hand. Her husband had dressed up. She sat on the bed, commanding him to take the floor. Shivaay settled on the carpet. 

"How was your day?" He asked, a habit he had formed. 

"Good, we had samosas for the weekly Friday snacks today," she told him while her fingertips pressed against his scalp. 

"I am so envious of you work life," he mumbled. Anika had literally grown over him. He loved talking to her. Just talking to her made him feel better. They both had come a long way together. 

"Since when do you like samosas?" She asked leaning over him her fingers threading through his hair. 

"Uh-uh, not samosas, the fact that every Friday you chill out with your team."

Anika heard him out thoughtfully. "Do you ever feel that what you have is enough? Why new deals?"

"Anika, in business if you don't grow, you're as good as dead," he answered.

"No, Shivaay. I beg to differ. You don't have to keep expanding. You can just maintain what you have." She spoke out her mind.

He let out a sigh, "Anika, it doesn't work that way." 

Anika's lips formed a subtle frown, "Okay,"

His hand reached up to her wrist and he threw his head back to meet her eyes. "I respect what you think. It's just that..."

"I am not a businessman mind. I know," Anika answered before he completed .

"Anika,"

"Let's drop this." She suggested massaging his scalp. "Now, turn around let my fingers give your forehead some attention." He did as he was told. He now sat on the floor facing her. His head tilted back slightly to allow her fingers to work their magic. His hands resting on her thighs.

"We should go for a vacation," he said softly his eyes still closed ad her fingertips moved in soothing patterns over his forehead.

"Yes, I agree. I am bored of shuffling between office home. I could use a break." She responded, her fingertips pressing against his temples.

"Have I ever told you that your fingers are magical?" He asked, opening his rues slightly. 

Anika grinned, "nope, you almost never compliment me."

"Liar," Shivaay accused her, with a hint of smile.

"Tell me the last time you did?"

"Hmm," Shivaay fell silent for a moment, "I told you last night that I love you,"

Anika looked at him recollecting. "I love you, isn't a compliment."

"Right, then, what about You're beautiful?"

"When did you say that?" Anika asked narrowing her eyes trying to recollect those words being said to her.

"Right now," he answered with a grin.

His charm, like always, worked on Anika and a smile broke loose on her face. She lovingly held his face in her hands, her thumb lazily drawing patterns over his cheek. She felt his hands caress her thighs. "Thank you,"

"Anytime!" Anika replied with a wink.

Shivaay smiled not breaking their eye contact. She did make his life better. 

* * *

Shivaay entered the room and locked it immediately, a habit he never broke. He was surprised when Anika instantly walked up to him wrapping her hands around him. 

"Anika, all okay?" He asked cautiously.

" I have some good news for you," she spoke with excitement dripping from her voice. Momentarily, Shivaay's heart stopped beating. She wouldn't say she's pregnant would she? He was totally not ready to welcome another person who'd need his Anika's attention. He and Anika had talked about it once, she didn't want to hurry into parenthood too. 

"What is it?" He asked, forcing his lips into a smile.

"The medical camp got canceled!" She beamed.

Almost instantly, Shivaay climbed out of the worry pit. He pulled her into his arms hugging her tightly. "That's amazing!"

"Let's make a weekend trip!" Anika exclaimed excitedly into his ears.

"But.."

"Please, please, please!"

"Anika, in so little time... where .."

"Manali. It's the perfect weather to be there. I will take an off on Monday and Tuesday is any way a holiday. We can go skiing, witness snowfall and.."

"Anika, slow down." He spoke gently rubbing her shoulders.

"Please?" Anika pouted.

"Don't pout," he muttered peeling her hands off his arm. He quietly walked away.

"Shivaay!" Anika whined.

"Shut up, if you want me to finish the bookings." Shivaay replied taking his phone to call his PA, while he noticed Anika doing a happy dance. 

"I love you!" She squealed. 

Shivaay held back his smile, "Shhh," he quieted her. Once he had instructed his PA to do the needful he turned his attention to Anika who was busy looking for something in her wardrobe.

"Can we sleep? We have an early flight." He spoke aloud to get her attention.

"I don't have winter clothes!" Anika announced horrified.

"So?" He shrugged shoulders peeling off his tshirt. 

Anika glared at him. "What do you mean by so?" She spoke walking up to him. He had that businessman smile on his face. His hands pulled dher by the waist. She gasped at the contact their bodies made. 

"We'll buy new clothes." He answered, his palms navigating around her waist to her hips. Grabbing onto her soft rearside flesh he pulled her closer. 

"Shivaay, what about telling everyone at home?" She almost whispered, lost in the passion she saw in her husband's eyes. 

"That's the best part. We leave before everyone wakes up," his lips pulled into a smirk while Anika's eyes widened.

"That... is going to be rude." She tried to not get lost in the sweet touches his knuckles made on her cheek.

"No, it's not. We will just save some time and go away before people make this couple's weekend getaway to a short family vacation."

"More the merrier Shivaay!" 

"No way." He spoke decisively.

"Fine. But for the record this is not our honeymoon. So no staying at the room all day."

Shivaay's grin grew wicked, "Okay, we'll see."

"Shivaay!" Anika cried in disappointment.

"Uhh," he breathed before pressing his lips on hers. In the matter of seconds, she was responding to his kiss passionately. He should so treat her with short weekend trips if this is what he got in return. Soon they were more busy exploring the other's body finding ways to get rid of the other's clothes. He broke away breathing hard, pulling his hands back from her chest. 

While he hurriedly stepped out of his pants, she got rid of hers. He held her hand before she could go to the bed. He wanted her on all fours today. He kissed her ear whispering into her ears his command. She eyed him with a smile and then got on her knees to give in. 

Around Twenty hours later an excited Anika was pulling a shivering Shivaay out of the hotel premises to walk with her while it snowed. 

"Anika, I am going to fall sick!" He pleaded. He had barely got any sleep since last night, while Anika had slept throughout the entire flight time and the drive. While he felt like a sleep deprived maniac. 

"Come on, Shivaay. Just till there." She spoke dragging him along, their boots sinking into the snow. The soft snow balls falling on their thick leather jackets. Her hand felt as cold as the snow. She left his hand and walked ahead twirling looking up at the grey sky. 

Shivaay stood rubbing his hands together, his eyes fixated on his wife. Despite the stark cold breeze that blew against his face, he felt warm inside. His eyes didn't leave her for a second. She was vivacious, so full of life. As days passed he only felt stronger emotions of affection and attachment. No matter how much he had her he wanted more of her in every possible way. He always thought that a wife was a companion, a person a man could trust, desire and count upon. But that wasn't it. There was more. She had come to be a part of him now. A part he would be incomplete without. He smiled widely walking upto her. She giggled throwing a handful of snow at him. Oh, he was so hit by the arrow of love!

Couldn't write much this week, so decided to complete and publish this draft. I sort of feel that their story had more scope. Anyway for now, this one shot! ❣

Take care,

-Anami!♡

Note - Book On Gauri and Om has been published. It's called Unsteady, you can find it on my profile.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

267K 24.2K 36
-COMPLETED- * "Fhat the wuck" Shivaay shouted. "What the hell" Anika shouted. "Anika and me?" Shivaay asked shocked. "Shivaay bhaiyya and me?" Anik...
27.9K 1.7K 19
These story plots are taken from one of the popular indian television series as ishqbaaz. Shivay and Anika are Lead Protagonist of these stories wher...
697K 47.8K 81
What would happen when two individuals who don't wish to get married and never believe in the concept of love get married? Will their relationship la...
162K 12.6K 32
Love seems to give a tougher way out for both Shivay and Anika. Shivay is not ready to accept Anika and Anika is already head over heels in love wit...