Falling for Two

By HerLittleSunflower

A flirtatious superhero or sweet, shy boy from school? What do you do when you fall in love with two total op... More

Chapter 1: New Beginnings
Chapter 2: Blonde Haired Boy
Chapter 3: Welcoming Party
Chapter 4: Getting to Know You
Chapter 5: Bug-A-Boo
Chapter 6: Adrien's House
Chapter 7: Stay Put
Chapter 8: Proud of You
Chapter 9: Tension
Chapter 10: Differences in Love
Chapter 11: The Tiger Miraculous Pt. 1
Chapter 12: The Tiger Miraculous Pt. 2
Chapter 14: Promise
Chapter 15: ChloƩ Bourgeois
Chapter 16: Hold On
Chapter 17: Breakfast
Chapter 18: Reasonable Suspicion
Chapter 19: Power
Chapter 20: Truth
Chapter 21: Until We Talk
Chapter 22: Amazingly Awesome
Chapter 23: Jealousy
Chapter 24: Top Secret
*Author's Note*
Chapter 25: Shock
Chapter 26: Dating Situation
Chapter 27: Sugar Plum
Chapter 28: Christmas Eve
Chapter 29: Dark Wings
Chapter 30: Solidarity
Chapter 31: Not My Father
Chapter 32: Moments

Chapter 13: Hawk Moth

13.2K 447 322
By HerLittleSunflower

Dark. Everything was dark. I could feel myself in the corner of a room. I picked myself up and stayed close to the wall.

"Seems Ladybug and Cat Noir have offered me a new miraculous to play with." An ominous voice said. Ahead of me, light came flooding in through an opening window. Standing in front of it was a tall, dark figure with a bunch of white butterflies flying around them.

Crap.

"Hawk Moth.." I growled. He laughed evilly.

"Correct, and who this scared little girl in the superhero costume?" He asked. I opened my mouth to spit an insult at him, but he raised a hand.

"I don't care to know. All I need from you is that miraculous!"

"You're not getting anything except for a black eye." I looked around angrily. "Where are the people she made disappear?"

"Oh? I gave meaning to those useless fool's lives and sent them to capture Ladybug and Cat Noir. Don't worry. You'll be reunited soon." This was getting out of hand. Ladybug needed me to help against Olympia. Now Hawk Moth has two others on the move. And here I was trapped in a room with him.

I tried to see his face, but he was turned away from the light. There was no way to tell what he looked like due to the shadow casted over him.

"You won't win."

"Haven't I already?" He said motioning towards me. My blood boiled. I pulled the whip from my waist and slapped it in his direction without thinking. It made contact with his face.

Hawk Moth stumbled back and groaned in pain, not expecting my sudden move. He was down on one knee, holding the side of his face.

"Why, you-!" There was a bright pink flash and I was lifted off my feet by a magical flush of ladybugs. For a split second I caught a glimpse of his face. I could see rage in his eyes. They were engraved into my brain. Hawk Moth's eyes.

I stumbled forward and fell into a pair of arms on the top of the roof I was on before. I looked up and saw Cat Noir. He had worry written all over his face. He helped me stand and then took a few steps back. Olympia was gone, along with Ladybug.

"I saw him. I saw him!" I said panicked. Ladybug swung in and ran up beside me.

"It's okay. Everyone's safe now." She laid a hand on my shoulder to reassure me. I turned to her, not listening.

"I- I used my whip on him, Hawk Moth, and I thought I was dead. You saved me. You saved everyone. I'm sorry. I wasn't any help." Guilt was flooding my entire body. A horrible feeling. Ladybug and Cat Noir exchanged a worried glance.

"Because of you we were able to finally get her. You helped me and Cat Noir so much. We were lucky to have you. I'm lucky I could count on you." Ladybug said sincerely. I couldn't smile much, but it did make me feel better. Still, I was now a huge target with the tiger miraculous.

"Roaar, stripes off." I detransformed and the little kwami appeared in front of me. I heard an audible gasp from Cat Noir.

"You are very brave, Y/N. You're a true hero!" Roaar said flying around me. I laughed.

"Maybe next time we can explore my special power."

"Hopefully, there won't be a need for a next time, but if there is then I'd be happy to be paired up with you again." The kwami smiled at my response. I slipped off the miraculous and handed it to Ladybug. She smiled at me and I felt all the tension between us dissipate.

"Y/N? You were her the whole time?!" Cat Noir questioned. Ladybug and I groaned in annoyance.

"I better get this miraculous to it's safe place. You two should get home. And about what you saw, we need to meet up soon to discuss it." Ladybug held the miraculous close and hesitated before taking off. "Thank you, Y/N."

Cat Noir and I stood there quietly. I could see him staring at me.

"Can I help you?" I asked. He shook his head and crossed his arms. His face told me he had many questions. "You know it's not nice to stare at people."

"You were fighting with us and didn't think it was important to tell me it was you?" He asked while moving in close to me.

"You never tell me who you are. Don't you think that's important?" I crossed my arms.

"You looked really good out there." Cat Noir stopped in front of me, brushing off what I said. Although it was a nice compliment, it made me angry.

"Will you ever tell me?" I searched his eyes for an answer, but he turned away. A beeping began, and we both looked at his ring. He was going to detransform very soon.

"I can take you halfway.. to your house, but I really have to go." I stayed quiet and allowed him to pick me up. We both knew the answer to my question. I didn't like it.

***

Cat Noir and I were behind a building. He didn't have much time. After he set me down, he took a few steps back. I turned away from him and bit my lip.

I could see the flash of light behind me, casting onto me. It was quick. He had just detransformed. I could turn around right now and look at him. See who he was. My head turned to the side, very slightly.

But I couldn't bring myself to do it. Couldn't turn and see who it was that my heart wanted so badly. I took a big step forward, then walked away. We didn't say any words. There was nothing to be said.

At the end of the day, he was Cat Noir and I was me. I could walk around freely, just a normal girl. He had to hide and live his life in fear of some stupid super villain exposing him and taking his miraculous. I don't need him. I don't need to know him.

I closed my eyes in hopes of clearing my head, but Hawk Moth's eyes flashed in my mind. My chest tightened. It was his eyes that stuck with me. Haunted me.

***

*Adrien's P.O.V.*
I put Y/N down and stepped back. She was hurt, I could tell. As much as I wished I could come out and tell her it was me, Adrien, I knew I could never do it.

I destransformed, Plagg fell into my hands exhausted. I looked up at Y/N. I could see her head turn the slightest towards me and I took a cautious step back. My heart stopped. Would she actually look?

She didn't turn, just walked away. No goodbye, not even a wave. I frowned. She couldn't be mad at me. Being Cat Noir isn't easy and it's not like I wanted to keep my identity secret from her.

However, if I wanted to stay a superhero, no one could know. Not even the girl I love. I slipped Plagg into my pocket and made my way home.

***

I finally got home, climbing in through my bedroom window. I turned off the piano music playing to trick Nathalie into thinking I was practicing. I grabbed a big piece of Camembert for Plagg.

"And suddenly I feel like I could run a marathon." Plagg said emerging from shirt pocket. "Get it? Cause we just fought-?"

"I get it, Plagg. Look, stay here and rest, okay?" Plagg took the cheese from me, ignoring my slight hint of attitude.

"Geez, your girlfriend really has you down, huh?" He said, taking a bite, his face morphing into a happy smile.

"I don't have a girlfriend.." I let him sit and eat on my desk. I made my way to the door and opened it.

"Hey, where you goin'?" I didn't say anything, just shut the door behind me. I made my way through the house, trying to find Nathalie or my father.

Ahead of me walking quickly into his office, was my father and Nathalie following behind briskly. He was holding the side of his face, I could hear him grunt angrily.

"Father!" I called out to him, running to the room. The door quickly shut and Nathalie blocked the entrance.

"My father, is he okay? What happened?" I questioned. Her eyes avoided me, instead looking worriedly around the house.

"He's fine, Adrien. Go back to your room and practice some more piano." She glanced at me quickly, then gently pushed me back by my shoulder. "Your father is okay."

"Then let me see him!" I tried pushing my way through to the door, but Nathalie stood her ground and pushed me back. I stared at her angrily.

"That's enough! Nathalie, inside now." I heard my father's voice boom from inside his office. Nathalie looked at me, saying a quick pardon, then entered the room. I looked past her as she opened the door and saw my father standing over his desk, head down, and one hand holding his cheek while the other held him up.

And just like that I was shut out. I clenched my hand and stared at the door. I was angry. Confused. If someone hurt my father, I'd find the person responsible and have a little chat with them. I gritted my teeth.

I wasn't getting answers from anyone. I wasn't getting answers from my father either. I sighed and let my head drop sadly.

My father always kept me in the dark.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

809 31 15
Sabrina is saddened when ChloƩ refuses to return to school for her. When Albibis talks to her in secret, however, Sabrina realizes there may be a cha...
234K 4.9K 33
[UNDER EDITING]Marinette and Adrien take on Hawkmoth in the final battle, overcoming challenges Ladybug never thought she'd face again... including C...
1.1M 46.4K 50
I was on a flight to Paris when the engines of the plane malfunctioned. After a pathetic death, I woke up reincarnated in the world of Miraculous Lad...
548K 15.2K 30
Behind that cocky and arrogant mask that Chat Noir puts on, lies sweet and shy (not to mention cute) Adrien. And under the hard-to-get Parisian supe...