The President's Daughter

By kmrahma

"Watch where you’re going nerd!" Someone said knocking me down, while sending my books flying. I let out a si... More

The Presidents Daughter
Chapter One: A Taste Of Freedom
Chapter Two: A Makeover
Chapter Three: First Day, Bad Impression
Chapter Four: Troublemaker
Chapter Five: A Day with Sarah
Chapter Six: New friends, Enemies and Thoughts
Chapter Seven: We Have a Deal
Chapter Eight: Paint-balling?
Chapter Nine: The Talent Show
Chapter Ten: Second Biggest Shock
Chapter Eleven: Make Outs, Run Away's and Casts.
Chapter Twelve: Fights, Confessions and Dinners
Chapter Thirteen: Making Things Right
Chapter Fourteen: Bonds, Divorces and Apologies
Chapter Fifteen: Bears, Lost Children and Shopping Trips
Chapter Sixteen: Blackmails, Scoldings and Demons
Chapter Seventeen: Lost Winners
Chapter Eighteen: Panics, Softies and Rapists
Chapter Nineteen: I Loved Her
Chapter Twenty: Dances, Partners and Classes
Chapter Twenty-One: No Artistic Vision
Chapter Twenty-Two: Meet the Parents
Chapter Twenty-Three: Coffee's and Rainbows
Chapter Twenty- Four: Thomas Sweet
Chapter Twenty-Five: The Secret is Out
Chapter Twenty-Six: Thomas the Creep
Chapter Twenty- Seven: Tell me a Story
Chapter Twenty- Eight: Swimming in Belgium
Chapter Twenty-Nine: Roaming the Streets of Brussels
Chapter Thirty: Breaking News
Chapter Thirty-One: Sour Kiss
Chapter Thirty-Two: Hickeys and Bruises
Chapter Thirty-Three: James vs. Storm
Chapter Thirty-Four: Trust in You
Chapter Thirty-Five: Sleepover with Mr. Storm
Chapter Thirty-Six: Rainbow's Family Secret
Chapter Thirty-Seven: Realizing the Truth
Chapter Thirty-Eight: Your last Chance
Chapter Thirty-Nine: Together and Forever
Chapter Forty: Gavin "The Idiot" Storm
Chapter Forty-One: Fair Kisses
Chapter Forty-Two: Connecting the Dots
Chapter Forty-Three: Progressing Relationships
Chapter Forty-Four: Soon to Be Eighteen
Chapter Forty-Five: Meet My ...
Chapter Forty-Six: Resisting You
Chapter Forty-Seven: Lying and Betraying You
Chapter Forty-Eight: Loneliness is a Lonely Feeling
Chapter Fifty: Shopping with Menstrual Cycles
Drinking and Driving Ad
Chapter Fifty-One: Prom Kisses and Disses
Chapter Fifty-Two: Lost Boys
Chapter Fifty-Three: Protests for Love
Chapter Fifty-Four: Graduation Celebrations
Epilogue
Thank You's/Questions

Chapter Forty-Nine: Forgive but Not Forget

560K 21.2K 8.9K
By kmrahma

Chapter Forty-Nine: Forgive but Not Forget

“Don’t people ever get tired of the same colors of froot loops?” I mumbled, to myself. Swirling around the four remaining froot loops in my bowl. “Honestly, change it up a bit.” I sighed, finishing up my last few bites and drinking the remaining milk left in my bowl.  

“Hey Alice,” I looked up from my bowl to see Thomas stroll into the breakfast room. “How you feeling?”

I shrugged, lately Thomas has been really concerned with my feelings. It has been three weeks since I left the house and every single day he would ask me how I was doing. He was also being strangely nice to me, like I was a ticking time bomb waiting to explode.

“You know you don’t have to ask me every single day how I am doing.” I said, to him. “I am feeling a lot better now. Honest, to God.” I said, raising up my right hand and placing it over my heart.

“Alright, whatever you say sis.” He muttered, not believing me.

I shook my head, “No. I am serious, I am even thinking of going back to school and getting some knowledge implanted in this brain of mine.”

“You’re actually going to go back? That’s great!” He said, looking genuinely happy for me.

“Yeah. But, not the school you are thinking of. I am coming back to homeschooling.”

“What? Why wouldn’t you just go back to school? Real school, the place where you can socialize with other human beings.” Thomas said, not looking very happy with my decision now.

“Thomas,” I began. “I socialize enough here, why would I want to go and socialize out there? In the real world?”

My brother just slapped his hand on his forehead in return. “Something is really wrong with this generation.” He muttered, to himself.

“Look Thomas, if you think that I am actually going back to where Ben, Holly and Gavin are. Than for a smart kid you are pretty stupid because there is no way in hell that I am stepping foot in that school ever again.”

Marco came into the breakfast room, placing Thomas’ orange juice and eggs in front of him. Not saying a word as he left the room with his head down.

Thomas turned back to look at me, “Did you know that statistics show that around 72 million kids are not in school?”

“Okay?” I responded, not knowing where he was going with this.

“Don’t you realize that some children dream of going to school? They would kill to be in your position and have the opportunity that you have.” Thomas continued on. “Don’t you ever stop and realize that I am one of those children too?”

My eyes widened, slightly. “Thomas,” I called out to him, as he just got up from his chair taking his breakfast with him and walking out of the room without a backwards glance.

I just stared at the spot my brother once sat, looking at it for a couple of minutes. I think I knew what I had to do.

*

“Dad?” I asked, knocking on the door to the oval office.

The situation felt all too familiar.

“Yeah, that is fine. No, no. you just do your job and I will do mine and I will get it sorted it as soon as possible.” My dad looked, at me as he continued to speak on the phone. “Yes, I will be meeting with him in the next few days so don’t worry about it.” He nodded his head, “Alright thank you. Alright, goodbye now.” My father said, hanging up the phone.

He looked down at his desk, writing something on his paper. “What do you need Alice, because I am terribly busy at the moment.” He spoke, not bothering to look up at me.

“I was talking to Thomas and he said some things that really made me open up my eyes.” I said, walking over to the chair in front of my dad’s desk and taking a seat.

“Yes, Thomas does have that effect on people.”

“Well, yeah. But, I was kind of wondering what would you say if I asked you that I wanted to go back to school again?” I asked, scratching the back of my neck.

“I would say you are crazy, then say no.”

“But, why not?” I questioned.

“Alice, did you not see what happened three weeks ago? You were in your room for the last two weeks moping around and refusing to come out. And when you finally do, you want to go back to school? I am sorry, but that is not happening.” My dad said, in his final tone.

“But, I have rights. You out of all people should know that.”

“Alice, you are not going back to school and my decision is final.” My dad said, leaving no room for argument. But, knowing me I just had to say something in order to get him to understand my situation a little better.

“You and mom, taught me from a young age never to give up on my dreams.”

“So, now going to school is a dream for you? I can make that happen, there is still homeschooling available.”

“No, dad you aren’t listening.” I complained, “School is a dream for 72 million children worldwide and believe it or not Thomas made me realize.” My dad looked genuinely surprised, I nodded my head. “I know. The boy who thought the sun was a planet, made me realize that I was wrong.”

“Alice, I just don’t think it is a good idea or a good time. I am in the middle of so many projects-“

“Dad?” I whispered, cutting him off. “I am finally getting back on my feet after three weeks and here you are trying to tear me back down. Aren’t father’s supposed to help the child rise up, above and beyond?”

“You are not listening to me, Alice.”

“And you aren’t listening to me either, dad.”

Just then the phone started ringing. “I think you should just go.” He said, making a move to pick up the phone.

I let out a snort, “And you wonder why I get arrested? Or why Thomas spies on the security cameras in this house for a living.”

“You’re brother does what?” He asked, as if he didn't hear me the first time, stopping himself before he could answer the phone.

I shook my head. “Forget it.” I said, turning around and walking out of the room.

“Alice!” He called out, calling me over. I turned back around, crossing my arms over my chest and began to tap my foot, repeatedly. “I was supposed to give this to you a week ago, but things came up.” He said, opening his drawer and fishing through some papers before he held an envelope out to me.

I took it, cautiously. As I looked down at the title of the envelope. I let out sigh, stuffing the envelope into my back pocket knowing there was nothing more in this moment, I would like to do than rip the envelope into a million of pieces. But, sadly I couldn’t find it in my heart to even come close to doing that.

*

“You got ten minutes. No more, no less.” My mother instructed, glancing at her watch. “You are not to sign any autographs, chitchat with anybody or whatever you teenage girls do now a days.” My mom said, “Do you understand or do we have to go through it twice, like your brother?”

I rolled my eyes, “Don’t worry I get it. And you wouldn’t have to worry about me signing any autographs, I am pretty sure I am labeled as the school’s liar. So, I doubt I have to worry about anyone fan girling over me.”

My mom just looked at me with sympathetic eyes, “Honey…” She began, but I cut her off with a wave of my hand.

I shook my head, “Let’s just get this over with.” I said, signalling to Ricky to follow me.

I knew it was lunch time, so most of the students would be in the cafeteria eating lunch. So I didn’t have to worry about a mob attacking me or anything to do with that. It was also pretty quiet outside, so my guess was that the paparazzi finally got the hint that I wasn’t coming back to school or well that’s really what they assume. Little did they know I still had some personal items I needed to clear out.

I had to beg my mom to let me go to school myself to clear out my locker. She was originally going to send Ricky and a few other guards to do it. But, I begged and pleaded with her until she let me go. I was thankful dad was in a meeting or else he would have forbidden me to go anywhere even if I did have my mother’s consent.

“Stay here.” I said, to Ricky. My locker was just a few sets down from where Ricky was standing, there was a clear view to my locker. However, I didn’t want the attention I could get if someone walked down this hall and saw Ricky in all his black clothing glory.

“Don’t you want me to go with you?” He questioned, making a move to follow me.

I shook my head, blocking his way. “You have a clear view of me. No one is going to attack me, trust me. I think these people are more civilized than that. And if someone does happen to come towards me or speak to me. You can just intervene, happy?”

Ricky nodded his head as I walked over to my locker. My locker was at a secluded part of the school where the Arts wing was and the only people who usually walked here, were the drama, music and art students and teachers. And considering there wasn’t a lot of them, I am pretty sure I would be more than fine.

Once my locker was opened I proceeded to dump all of my contents into my former school bag.

“Ali?” I heard, a soft voice call out to me. I turned my head to see Sarah standing beside me, looking at me with wide eyes. “What are you doing here?”

I just stared at Sarah, with a blank expression. She didn’t scream, yell or curse at me and considering that was the reaction I was mostly getting from others. To say it was expected that Sarah would act to me so calmly, is an understatement.  

“I’m cleaning out my locker,” I said, grabbing a few more books out.

“Oh,” She said, continuing to stare at me.

It was quiet for a few moments when I finally decided to speak up. From the corner of my eye I could see Sarah staring down at her shoes. I knew she was just as flabbergasted on what to say like me. “A-are you mad?” I questioned, getting right to the point.

She tilted her head at me, scanning my face for an answer. “Not anymore, at first yes. I thought you were my friend, after all you befriended me, when really it should have been the other way around considering you were the new girl.” She said, looking down at her shoes once more.

“But, as days went on my anger diminished and I began to understand why you did this whole thing in the first place. In my opinion, I don’t think you should have gone so far with keeping it from your friends that you are the daughter of the man who runs this country. But, what can you do know? The past can’t be erased, changed or forgotten it can only be accepted.” She said, giving me a small smile.

I raised my eyebrows, “When did you become so wise?”

“I learned it from you.”

I smiled, holding my arms out to her. She walked into them, wrapping her hands around my body as we both hugged each other. I hugged her as if I haven’t seen her in years, even though it has only been three weeks.

“I am so sorry, Sarah. I never meant to hurt you or anyone for that matter.” I whispered, burying my face into her shoulder.

“It’s okay. Because in reality, I know I will forgive you but however that doesn’t necessarily mean I will forget.” She whispered. A smile made its way on my face as I didn’t let go of her.

“Hey Ali?”

I nodded my head, “You can call me Alice if you want.” I said, thinking that was what she wanted to tell me.

She shook her head, “No. it’s not that… It’s that there is a big black haired man who looks like he can eat me, making his way over here.” The fear clear in her voice.

I laughed, releasing her turning around to face Ricky who was making his way down the hall rather quickly. “That’s Ricky.” I said, as Ricky grabbed my arm pulling me beside him as he glared at Sarah.

“Ricky this is Sarah.” I said, removing his hand off my arm. “Don’t worry she isn’t a threat or anything, the girl is scared of spiders.”

“The damn thing has eight legs. Who has eight legs?” Sarah said, looking at me with frightened eyes.

I rolled my eyes, “Sarah, Ricky is my bodyguard. And Ricky, Sarah is one of my best friends.” I said, introducing the two as Sarah gave Ricky a shy wave. I could still tell she was scared of him.

Ricky nodded his head at Sarah, his way of greeting a person without making a conversation. He then turned back around, walking back towards the spot where I left him before.

“One of?” Sarah questioned me, as I turned back to look at Sarah.

“What do you mean, one of?” I asked, a tad confused.

“It means, that you still consider Holly a friend.”

I sighed deeply, “What are you talking about best friends for?” I asked, repeating her words. “And how do you know what happened between me and Holly?”

“She might have, accidentally told me.” Sarah said, grimacing.

“She told you all of it?” I asked, hesitant to know the answer.

I took a deep breath. It wasn’t that I was mad with Sarah that she knows what happened between me and Holly, the one thing that I have learned is that the truth comes out eventually, one way or another.

“You do know why she was so upset in the first place, right?”

I crinkled my eyebrows in confusion, “I thought she was mad at me.”

Sarah shook her head, “That was after your whole fight.” Sarah explained. “You honestly don’t know, your parents didn’t tell you?”

I shook my head, Sarah knew Holly and I were cousins. And that my dad was Holly’s mom’s sister that was one thing we didn’t keep from her.

“The day before your whole fight was the last day of the trial against Holly’s parents and who has custody of her. That was the reason why she was coming to your house in the first place.”

The wheels began to churn in my head as I finally began to understand what she was telling me. I knew Holly’s dad had moved out of the house because they were having problems, but I didn’t know it was this bad. Yes, I was aware that there was going to be a trial but judging on the look on Sarah’s face, I knew it wasn’t going to be a good answer.

“So, who won?”

“Well, Holly’s mom won the right to keep the house.”

“That’s great, see Holly is staying.” I said, faking my enthusiasm, for Sarah’s sake. Even though she was my cousin I was still mad at her, nevertheless.

“You didn’t let me finish. Holly’s mom might have won the house, but her dad won Holly.”

I looked at Sarah with a confused expression. “What are you trying to tell me?”

“Holly’s moving away.” She said, finally coming out with it. “For good.”

*****

Hello Lovelies,

Another Cliffhanger ish… What do you think about this chapter? It is more of a filler ish, I did leave it in a cliffhanger. I know you all want happy, but trust me that isn’t going to happen anytime soon. What do you think about the news of Holly? I know A LOT of you hate her, cause of how she reacted over a boy. And how do you think Sarah reacted? Liked it?

On other News…. HAPPY NEW YEARS LOVELIES! If you are already in 2015, wow. Hope you are having an awesome one and if not. Happy New Year’s Eve! I am 2 more hours in until then, the new and hopefully wonderful year. But chances are I will pass out. I am sick, so it was hard for me to sit and write this chapter for you guys. I really do hope you appreciate it.

PLEASE REMEMBER TO SUPPORT ME IN THE WATTY AWARDS OF 2014 AND VOTE, COMMENT, SHARE AND FAN! Last chapter, votes and comments were OUTSTANDING. I WAS SO AMAZED, THANK YOU. HOPEFULLY WE CAN GET ANOTHER 3K COMMENTS AND 5.5K VOTES? FOR ME? THE SICK KADE? Also thanks for the 300k votes and 18 million reads as well as 18.2 fans… So amazed. Also I reached #1 in Teen Fic. For the first time! On 12.4.14 and hopefully we can do it again!

Also note, this is my second last update until I go back to school then updates will become less frequent… I am sorry, but January is exam/finals month and it needs my full attention.

Thanks,

Xoxo_mysteriousgirl 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.8M 93.9K 44
"New student, right?" the Principal asked me. I nodded meekly, hoping that he would turn out to be a patient suffering from short term memory loss an...
584 248 21
Allison Monroe, a passionate college student of a Pre-Law course in University of the Philippines Diliman, come to believe that destiny no longer exi...
58.4K 2.4K 28
Jordan never noticed Juliet. Juliet had given up to get his attention. And if they end up hiding together in the same closet, he can't stop talking a...
2.6M 73.4K 45
Completed - He had me pinned against the wall outside of his dorm late at night. He was staring down at me angrily. I was confused to say the least...