Born Blue

By HoneyMabel

This starts off at the end of the season 10 finale. (Which was amazing!) The interactions with the baby Jamko... More

Starting a Family?
Priorities
Baby Blues
10-13
It's About Time
Sick Day
Telling the Family
Cloudy Judgement
Forgiveness
Operation:Family Stakeout
Not in Church
Christmas Day
Unwanted Visitor
Getting Ready
Mood Swings
Baby Time
First Night Home
Meeting her cousins
Godparents
Babysitters?
Joe Babysits
Nicoles Interview
New
Eddie Goes Back to Work
Know your place
Settling the Dispute
Learning The Ropes
Night Adventure
Eddie Goes Out
Hashing it out
Blast from the past
One thing to the next
More puzzle pieces
Take them down
Ultrasound
Attached
The double date
Pregnancy brain
What does it mean
The reagans 2 cents
Everything happens for a reason
Could've been worse
Run down
Cheater cheater
Now What?
New Game Plan
The Truth
The Old Flame
Unnecessary Visitor
Intensity
Scary
Weighing the options
Professional conversation
So sweet
Case closed
Delivery
Teamwork makes the dreamwork
Quality time
New Partner
Seems Familer
In Need of Love
Over The Edge
One on One
The One That Got Away
Trouble
Making Amends
Still His Little Girl
An Honest Mistake
High Tensions
To be fair
Going to the Chapel
Drama at the 2-9
Bringing work home
Water Under The Bridge
Finally Some R&R
Battle Scars
Court
Kiss and Makeup
A New Addition?
New Dinner Guest
Wrong Place, Wrong Time
Big News
Deja Vu
Relatable
Trouble in Paradise
Spicy Night
The 2 Week Wait
Ryans 1st Birthday
Seeing Double
Drama
The Big Announcement
Gathering Intel
Well This Is Awkward
Who's The Father
Officially Outnumbered
Another Reagan Is Born
Babies Left and Right
Just Another Day- Final Chapter

First Mothers Day

517 6 0
By HoneyMabel

Sunday May 9th 2021

Jamie rolled over in bed to see Eddie was gone. He sat up and saw it was 6:30am. Probably the latest he's slept since the baby was born, he got up and went into the nursery, Eddie was finishing up changing her diaper. Jamie slipped his hands around her from behind and kissed her cheek.

"Happy Mother's Day." He whispered in her ear, she smiled and let him hug her.

"Thank you..." she blushed, he let go of her and stepped back. She picked up Alaina and put her up on her shoulder, she curled her little body up and sucked on the binky, looking around the room.

"Did she just finish eating?" Jamie asked.

"Yeah and she pooped." Eddie said.

"Good. Well I want to make you breakfast and let you relax so why don't you give Lainey to me." He said and reached out to take the baby.

"Oh" she said surprised and excited, it was her first Mother's Day and didn't know what to expect from Jamie.

"What are you hungry for?" He asked and kissed Alainas head, when she laid it down on Jamie's chest.

"Hmm, I'm kinda craving those pancakes of yours." She said with a smile.

"You got it." He winked and walked out of the room.

"I'm going to get out Lainey's bath stuff and outfit for the baptism." She said as she started.

5 minutes later she had it all laid out and ready to go for church and the baptism later. She put the soap, wash cloth, and towel in the baby bath and carried it out to the kitchen. Jamie was shirtless holding the baby and making pancakes at the same time.

"Oooo, who's that hot daddy." Eddie said smiling at the sight. Jamie turned to look at her and blushed.

"Shut up..." he laughed. Eddie laughed with him as she set the bath down on the table.

"Yeah never really got that one." She said shaking her head unsure.

"The whole daddy thing?" Jamie asked.

"Yeah, I just, ugh, gross." She said and shivered grossed out thinking about it.

"Yeah it is weird." He said agreeing, and bouncing Alaina up and down gently as she started fussing. Eddie watched him trying to be super dad, flipping pancakes and shooshing the baby in his other arm.

"Jamie give her to me..." she said wanting to help.

"No, she's good, I got it." Jamie said shutting her down. Eddie tilted her head at him and she cried louder. He set down the flipper so he could readjust her into his arms and put her binky back in her mouth.

"You're okay..sh sh shhhh." He told her, Eddie just watched him struggle.

"Honey...c'mon please let me help. I want to." She insisted. Jamie realized she was right and gave in.

"Yeahh...hey it's okay...shhh." Eddie said softly walking with her to the couch. Jamie went back to the pancakes, but watching Eddie interact so patiently with their baby that was still crying even louder then before.

"Lainey...what's the matter baby?" She said trying to soothe her. She decided to try and nurse her more...winner winner.
———
Jamie finished the pancakes and they sat down on the couch and ate together. Jamie set his plate down on the coffee table and got out a little box from his pocket, then handed it to Eddie. She set her plate down smiling he got her something.

"What's this...?" She said grinning and opened it.

"What do ya think?" Jamie asked when her jaw hung open in surprise.

"Jamie!" She said and looked up at him.

"They're Laineys." He told her, Eddie started crying at how sweet this gift was. It was a necklace with Alainas fingerprints engraved/pressed into the pendant and also a little "A" engraved to the side of it.

"This is so sweet, thank you honey!" She hugged him tightly so thankful.

"Happy first Mother's Day." He told her and kissed her with a smile.

When they were done eating Eddie got the bath ready for Lainey and Jamie undressed her.

"She loves the water, I don't think she'll cry getting baptized." Eddie said and gently used the wash cloth to wash her, softly massaged a little soap in her hair.

"Yeah. Hopefully she doesn't." Jamie said.

"Ha...oh well though." Eddie said and poured a little over her head to rinse the soap out.

"Don't get it in her eyes.." Jamie said worried.

"I'm not.." she said as she was almost done she was getting cold and starting to whine.

"Then why's she crying?" He asked.

"Cause she's cold Jamie, I didn't get any soap in her eyes, now get her towel" she said. He held it out in front of him and she set her in it. Jamie wrapped it around her and held her against his bare chest, Eddie put her binky in her mouth and she calmed down.

"Alright go take her to her room and I wanna put lotion on her before we dress her." Eddie said and started to dump the water out of the bath into the sink.

"Aghhhh...!" Jaime let out and stopped walking toward the nursery.

"What!?" Eddie asked.

"She's peeing!" Jamie said not knowing what to do, he just stood still and waited until she was done.

"Aww...no, haha. Alaina Grace...!" Eddie said laughing Jamie got peed on and not her. She was done and Jamie held her out in front of his face to talk to her.

"That's not what daddy is for." He told her. She didn't have much to say except let out a yawn, Jamie smiled.

"Just use wipes to clean off the smell, put a diaper on her and I'll be in in a minute." Eddie said and Jamie did just that.

————
They got her all ready for church and then took her and laid her in the bassinet so they could get ready and go.

"Is this too much?" Eddie asked and came out of the bathroom.

"Uh no, you look beautiful." He told her.

"I don't want to look like I'm trying too hard but I also don't want to look like I'm still recovering from having a baby." Eddie explained. Jamie's head was spinning that thoughts of such thing went through her head.

"Eddie. It's church. You've been to church plenty of times, everyone knows who you are." He said.

"I know but...just, are you sure this looks okay?" She asked second guessing herself.

"Yes Janko. You look amazing. Like always!" He told her firmly.

"Okay.." she answered and put on her shoes.

———

After church they had the baptism, which ment Nikki and Joe we're officially and legally Alainas god parents! They had a lot to celebrate at Sunday dinner later. Jamie and Eddie had to stop by home first to get the dish she made and the bouncy seat.

————

They were the last ones to get to Franks, they were having a roast, with sweet potatoes, and  stuffing, plus a bunch of other stuff.

Jamie had got the baby out for everyone to pass around while him and Eddie helped get dinner out and ready to go, they were mixing up the salad.

"Ugh, I need to go nurse or pump or something." Eddie quietly said to Jamie and walked away her boobs were hurting and starting to leak.

"Hey care if I steal her to nurse quick?" Eddie asked Danny who was filling up the glasses with water while he held her.

"Of course, this is harder then it looks anyway." He said and handed her to Eddie. She went and sat by herself in the office.
———

During dinner Nikki was holding Lainey while they ate. Eddie got up to get a spit rag from the diaper bag after she spit up on her a little.

"Sorry bout that..." she said.

"It's not a big deal, you hold a baby you accept the risks of getting puked on or pooped on." She said.

"Now that's a good saying." Frank said and laughed with everyone else.

"Haha and these are for you two, before we forget." Eddie set down a little gift in-front of Nikki and Joe.

"What's this for?" Joe asked. Nikki gave Alaina to Frank so she could open the gift with Joe.

"Just a little something." Eddie said and stayed standing by to watch them open them.

"Awww!" Nikki said and got up to give Eddie a hug. Pop asked what it was.

"It's a keychain..." Nikki said and walked around the table to give Jamie a hug too. Joe had gotten his open.

"Godfathers are a blessing, thank you for being mine" he read it out loud and got up smiling to give Eddie a hug too.

"Thank you." He told her then shook Jamie's hand across the table.

"Really...?" Frank said, everyone's attention switched to him and what he was saying that for.

"Alaina...!" Eddie said when she saw she had spit up all down Franks suit jacket. She immediately went to take her from him so he could clean himself up.

"I'm sorry!" She said feeling awful.

"Eddie, remember what Nikki just said? You hold a baby you accept the risks of getting puked on or pooped on?" He said. She smiled and everyone laughed.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

191K 6.1K 48
Everybody makes mistakes but can these two fix things when a doctor gets shy and another patient mixed up, shy finds out she is pregnant with a compl...
46.2K 978 44
Having Jai Brooks' baby? I think yes.
2K 40 14
Jamie and Eddie grew up as best friends all the way through to their senior year of High School. They both promised they'd go to police academy toget...
24K 338 43
He was a cop I was a detective we meet by chance but fate definitely played a part in it because I knew Jamie Reagan was the one for me all though th...