Dark Paradise | Kylo Ren | X...

By adamscustomrat

You've recently become a nurse serving the First Order. So far your life was uneventful and unimportant...you... More

1 Tend To 1
2 The Letter 2
3 Loyalty 3
4 Talk To Me 4
5 Raw Temptation 5
6 Intoxicated 6
7 Remember To Forget Me 7
8 Bad Girls Like You 8
9 You Asked For It 9
10 Foreign Feelings 10
11 Irresistible 11
12 Where Are You When I Need You? 12
13 I'm Here Now 13
14 You Know Where To Find Me 14
15 The Forbidden Act 15
16 Care For Me 16
17 Angel 17
18 I'm In Charge 18
[Important Announcement]
20 Let Me Make It Up To You 20
21 A Night On Canto Bight 21
22 You're My Weakness 22
23 Fight For Me 23
24 Know Your Place 24
25 My Pretty Girl 25
26 Deepest Darkest Secret 26
27 Stay With Me 27
28 It's Me, Angel 28
29 Lost Without You 29
30 All Yours 30
31 I Promise 31
32 No Turning Back 32
33 Home 33

19 One Step Forward, Two Steps Back 19

7.6K 145 692
By adamscustomrat

It'd been a week since you last saw Kylo. Today had been a very special day for you, you graduated from your nursing trainee position and moved on to become an official RN. Lydia and Emerson were estatic for you, considering you would now be seeing them more frequently. Tomorrow would start your new journey to treating patients on a day to day basis. Although it didn't seem like it, there was a wide variety of patients in need of care on the finalizer. From wounded stormtroopers returning from combat, or workers on the finalizer with reoccurring health issues, to senior citizens living out their last days.

You were excited to follow a new path that would hopefully distract you from thinking about Kylo. He hadn't reached out to you after your last encounter, and you hadn't reached out to him either. You assumed you were nearing the end of your fling with him...as much as you didn't want it to conclude, it was destined to at some point. But one thing you were certain of was that you wouldn't lose the powerful feelings you possessed towards him, those would never fade away. They would always be there in the back of your mind, all you could do was try your best to silence them.

The next morning you woke up with eagerness to start your day. You slipped into your new and improved nursing uniform, topping it off with your white jacket that included the first order symbol patent on the arm.

After grabbing some breakfast, you headed to the bay with Lydia.

"Okay so here's a list of the patients, they need to be checked during rounds before anything else and these two, need to be looked after every 2-3 hours." Lydia handed you a clipboard which included a handful of people that were now in your care.

"Thank you so much." You smiled genuinely.

"Also we have a new, soon to be RN, arriving today. Since Elijah would've been graduating in a few months...he will be taking his spot. He's a little more advanced than Elijah was so he'll be shadowing you until he graduates. They have Luxton from custodial assigned to look after the storage room now. You finally escaped that hell, good for you girl."

"Haha thanks again Lydia I really appreciate everything."

"Of course, and Emerson and I will be floating around these parts, of you need anything just holler! Good luck today you'll do great ." Lydia patted your shoulder and made her way down the hall.

Of course you were beyond nervous for your first day but you were finally getting some hands on action. Your responsibilities had increased tremendously, you weren't just unpacking stupid boxes all day.

You began your morning rounds and it was refreshing to become introduced with so many new faces. Most of your patients weren't in need of serious medical care, but they still needed to be held in the medbay. You enjoyed chatting with some while you tended to them, getting to know their life stories really intrigued you.

As you strolled the halls and analyzed your clipboard, you accidentally bumped into someone. "I'm so sorry." You glanced up only to be met with an unfamiliar face.

"No problem, I'm Noah! It's nice to meet you, Lydia told me you'd be around here somewhere. Y/N right?"

"Y-yeah that's me, it's nice to meet you too." Your face beamed while you gazed up at him.

This must've been the guy Lydia had mentioned earlier...stars please let it be him. His eyes were sparkling with an ocean blue tint and his locks were a rich golden-blonde shade. The widest smile took home on his face and his dimples created a unique accent to his slightly tan complexion.

"I just arrived on the Finalizer yesterday so I'm still settling in, I was told I'd be shadowing you though?"

"Oh yes, this is um actually my first day as an Rn. I just graduated from my trainee position yesterday." Your tone was slightly anxious.

"Sweet, Congratulations!" Noah nodded in approval.

"Thanks, it was a long journey but...I finally made it." You laughed nervously.

"Ha, trust me I know how you feel." He grinned.

"So what's the plan for today?" Noah gestured to your clipboard.

"Oh yeah right, well I just finished morning rounds and these two patients need to be checked upon every 2-3 hours. That's pretty much all that's on the schedule. Well and a few straggler patients, mainly stormtroopers with minor injuries." You tapped your pen against your paper.

"That's not bad, what time do you guys usually go on break?"

"Around 12:00 sometimes 12:30. Depends on how busy Lydia and Emerson are, I'll meet them sometimes for lunch...if not I usually just um, eat alone." You looked down in embarrassment.

"Well you got company now so." Noah laughed.

You shot him a wide smile and nodded. "It's about 11:00 right now, I'd say we check up on those storm troopers then head down to the cafe if you want?"

"Sounds good." He bowed his head in agreement.

The two of you walked side by side down the bay hall and he towered over you like a damn skyscraper...almost as much as Kylo had but, not quite as much. You sighed slightly as his name brought back an abundance of feelings. You carried on your way and proceeded to treat a handful of troopers, finally you had reached the last one.

"Room 122, here we are." You glanced at Noah. You knocked slightly on the door, making sure the patient was decent.

"Come in." The stormtrooper groaned.

"Hi I'm nurse Y/N, I'll be treating you from now on." You attempted to sound confident. It was odd hearing those words roll off your tongue.

"What are you..new? I don't need some amateur treating me, can you maybe get me someone who actually knows what they're doing?" His tone was snarky.

"I- um" you panicked, you weren't expecting such hostility.

Noah intervened. "Why don't you lay off buddy, she's very good at her job I promise you're in good hands. Cut her some slack here."

You stood there in utter shock. Noah had only known you for ten minutes and was already defending you...you were pleasantly surprised.

"Alright." The stormtrooper obliged.

You proceeded to care for the patient and it went way quicker than you thought it would. He only had a sprained wrist and a few abrasions on his cheek, that was it.

While you exited, Noah tailed behind you. "Um, thanks for doing that you really didn't have t-"

"I wanted to. He was being a jackass cmon..." Noah interrupted you.

It was very strange to have a man be this kind to you...you hadn't received this treatment in quite sometime.

"Yeah you're right, but thanks again." You laughed slightly.

"No problem." Noah glared down at you with a grin.

The two of you proceeded down the hallway, then made your way down to the cafe for lunch."Just a warning this food is...well it isn't gourmet." You pursed your lips.

Noah went in for his first bite and you stared at him, expecting a negative reaction."No kidding...yikes." He mumbled after swallowing.

You let out a slight laugh.

So far Noah had come off extremely charming, and this is exactly what you needed to get your mind off of Kylo. You were genuinely buoyant to be sharing a conversation with him. Kylo and you never talked. It seemed as if Noah really wanted to get to know you, the real you. The feeling of someone having interest in something more than your body, was beyond revitalizing.

The two of you began to bond as you sat in cafe and you almost didn't want it to end. But unfortunately you had to head back to work. You and Noah were on your way to the bay, when a sudden sentence made your heart shatter into a million microscopic fragments.

"Oh shit is that the First Comander, Kylo Ren?" Noah nudged your arm.

In the distance, Kylo was strutting down the hall. His wardrobe was the usual all black attire with heavy boots that smacked the ground when his foot met the floor. His mask shielded any sort of facial expression, while the midnight black leather gloves engulfed his hands.

You wanted nothing more than to disintegrate into thin air.

You almost couldn't look at him. The feelings his presence brought they were, they were reminding you of why you had fallen for him the first place. You didn't want that...you were just starting over.

"I'm pretty sure that's him...ever met him?" Noah's voice snapped you out of the trance you were trapped in.

"Uh- I um, yeah I actually treated him when he returned back to the finalizer from some...battle with the Resistance." You tried your best to perfect your speech.

"No way, that's actually pretty awesome. He a cool guy or...is he like everyone says he is...terrifying?" Noah questioned.

"He's um, kinda a fucking asshole."

Noah looked down and furrowed his brows.

"S-Sorry he was just rude to me when I...treated him." You shot him a nervous smile.

"That sucks I'm sorry. But he's uh headed our way, we better change the subject or something."

"Right." You nodded

"So um what are you doing later tonight...after work?" You made sure your voice was loud and clear for Kylo to listen in on. Hopefully, just hopefully he'd possess the tiniest bit of jealously and start to regret what he lost.

Kylo's head snapped in your direction as he swiftly passed by the two of you. He'd definitely heard you. You shot him the dirtiest expression that your face could form.

"Well I'm not really doing anything. As I said before, just settling in still. Noah gave a slight smile.

You almost completely ignored Noah's reply as your head whipped over your shoulder, curious if Kylo had been looking back as well.

He was.

Good. Maybe he'd gotten the hint that you were over him and that you...well, kinda hated his guts for what he did. You wanted Kylo to feel the pain you had felt that night he'd abandon you. And the time after that, when he left you filled with his cum just standing in the storage room. He didn't deserve you, and you knew that. Stars why were you even hung up on making him jealous? You had to stop obsessing over such a toxic and manipulating man.

You quickly turned your head back around.

"Hello?" Noah tapped your shoulder.

"Oh I'm sorry, I was um...sorry what did you say?" You tried to redeem yourself.

"I asked if you wanted to come over, late-"

"Yes." You jumped the gun and afterwards realized how desperate you'd just sounded.

"Okay." Noah laughed.

You finished your work day with Noah and had a pleasant dinner with him, including the girls. Almost like old times...but fuck Elijah you hated him. Noah had told you to arrive at his room around 8:00 pm, it was 7:55. You had already changed and gotten ready, attempting to look as presentable as you could. While you made your way to his room, you were slightly excited for what tonight might bring.

"Hey!" Noah greeted you at the door, wearing grey sweats and a white tee shirt.

"Hi." You shot him a smile and entered.

The two of you sat in conversation for about an hour, just chatting about life before the finalizer. Noah had asked you so many questions about yourself, some you didn't even know the answer to. It was still nice though, having someone who was genuinely curious about your life. Kylo had never asked you questions...he didn't care enough to.

Being able to talk with Noah was great and all but...you wanted something more, you had been sitting and doing absolutely nothing for the past two hours now. You came here with pretty high expectations as to how the night would go. You assumed you would have to make the first move which...you weren't all that fond of.

You cut Noah off mid conversation by tugging his shirt and bringing him closer to you.

He looked up in confusion. But you immediately laid your lips on his. Your tongue began to slip into his mouth when he gently pushed you away. The only thing that wasn't gentle was his tooth that had accidentally caught on your lip, sinking into it as he pulled away. Your kiss was so unexpected that Noah had actually bit your fucking lip.

"Shit I'm- I'm so sorry are you okay?"

Your hand quickly traveled to your lip, wiping away the slight blood that had ejected. "Yeah no I'm fine don't worry about it." You looked down in shame and let out a slight laugh.

"Hey, hey look you're a great girl but we- we just met. I just wanted a little company tonight. I'm not saying this wouldn't work out in the future, I'm just talking about right now. I'm sorry." Noah stroked your arm.

"No I'm- I'm sorry." You shook your head and let out another laugh.

The poor guy just wanted to hangout and you automatically assumed the two of you were hooking up. Kylo and Elijah may have been right, maybe you were a fucking whore.

"I'm actually gonna get going I'm kinda tired and I have to um...take care of this." You gestured to your lip and began to head for the door

"Y/N if it's because of what just happened, please...don't take it to heart. Stay."

Hearing the word "stay" had formed a lump in your throat and you weren't sure why. But you did know, you really wanted to escape the awkward situation you'd just created.

"No really it's ok, I'm just tired. I'll see you tomorrow bye!" You gave an artificial smile with your hand covering half your lip as you exited.

You pivoted after shutting the door behind you.

"Who was that."

You jumped at the unexpected voice.

"Fuck...Kylo? What the hell do you want?" You immediately sucked the blood off your lip, hoping he wouldn't question it. Why was he here? You had no patience for anymore of his bullshit.

"Did you not hear me the first time, who was that?"

"None of your business that's who." Your gaze fell upon the floor, hiding your slight injury.

You wrist was met with a tight grasp and Kylo had yanked you close to his chest. "Who. Was. It." The hissing of his mask made his tone ten time more intimidating.

You continued to fixate on the tile flooring.

"One of my coworkers, can you um...let go?" You attempted to pull your wrist out of his grasp and in the process, lifted your head in slight fear.

"Did he- did he do this to you?" His gloved finger swiped the blood across your swollen lips.

"Get off." You mumbled.

His grasp tightened and you yelped in slight pain.

"KYLO. GET OFF." His strength was overpowering you, and you had no chance of escaping.

The door suddenly swung open. "Is everything o-" Noah's eyes caught the sight of your limp, blood deprived hand.

"Woah um, I-...Y/N are you okay?" Noah took a small step closer.

In a split second Noah was pinned against the wall by the force.

"KYLO STOP. LET ME GO, L- LET HIM GO."

Kylo released your wrist but still had you in a force hold, unable to move a single bone in your body. He pivoted to directly face Noah

"KYLO!"

"Did you do this to her?" His chest rose and fell significantly faster, you could hear his breath shuddering through his mask.

Kylo smeared the blood collected on his finger, across Noah's fear encompassed face. "Did you?"

Noah shook with complete and utter terror."Nnn- no sir, I mean yes Commander but it's not what you thin-"

Kylo launched his fist directly in Noah's eye.

"KYLO FUCKING STOP! IT WASN'T HIS FAULT!" The hold he had on you was unbearable, you were unable to prevent any of his threatening actions.

Another blow landed directly in Noah's mouth this time.

"KKYL-" You began to choke on your tears. He was hurting Noah, and this was all your fault.

Kylo heard your cries and immediately whipped his head around. He stood before you, watching as the tears streamed down your face.

"My Angel. Did he hurt you?" Kylo's hand caressed your hair.

The words that'd just escaped Kylo's lips had increased your distress. Your ears began to roar and you shook with confusion. Confusion over your own feelings. This interaction had taken you back in time to Kylo's altercation with Elijah. He cared about you then...and it appeared he still did now. You were at a crossroad, you were supposed to be starting fresh...beginning a new journey. But your feelings for Kylo were...everlasting. Your head dropped in frustration and you watched as your tears splattered on the shiny floor beneath you.

"Kk-Kylo. He didn't hurt me, it- it was an accident. Please let him go. Please." You pleaded.

"What do you mean it was...an accident?" Kylo tilted your head up with one finger holding your chin.

"I- I tried to um, I tried to kiss him and he accidentally but my l-"

Kylo removed his finger from your face, allowing your head to droop back down. "Is that true?" Kylo's tone was harsh as he faced Noah.

"Yes, s-sir." Blood oozed from Noah's mouth and his pupil appeared buried beneath his swollen eyelid.

Kylo released the force hold on you both.

Noah shot you a look of dismay. You tried your best to give him any facial expression that projected sympathy, without Kylo noticing. Kylo was standing between you and Noah, not moving a single muscle nor speaking a single word.

"Noah go inside, I'm fine, I promise." You shot Noah a glance of desperation.

Noah nodded and returned to his room.

"Kylo, what the fuck?"

Silence.

"Kylo, answer me."

"I thought he- I thought he hurt you." Kylo's head sunk to face the floor.

"But- why do you care?"

"Because. You're mine, I- I care about you." Kylo's fists clenched at his sides after realizing what he had just said.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8K 292 22
I heard him. Barely, but I did. Those three words I had been hearing in my vision repeatedly throughout the years. You. Are. Mine. I trembled upo...
10K 276 40
You are Sidrienne Parroba, a member of the resistance, and daughter of the General and Admiral. Trained in the ways of the Force since you were very...
3.2M 71.5K 131
*BRITTANY BROSKI APPROVED* RANKINGS: #1 - starwars 6/10/2019 #3 - kylo 6/10/2019 #3 - kyloren 6/10/2019 He made eye contact with me with those intens...
7.4K 287 58
I did everything I was supposed to do. I trained hard; I learned strategy; I kept my secrets buried deep. But there had been nothing in my training t...