17 Angel 17

[KYLO'S POV]

As Kylo entered the bathroom, the emotions saturating his chest created a whirlwind. He slammed the door shut behind him in frustration...he'd allowed you to get too close this time. It wasn't supposed to unfold this way. Kylo was only using you to please him and that was all it could ever be. By the power of Snoke's training he would not be seduced by your endearment...he couldn't break the loyalty he had to the dark side.

His muscles tensed and an abnormally large lump began to grow in the of his throat, he swallowed hard. Kylo's thoughts were stars that he could not fathom into constellations...he didn't want your affection. It evoked the emotion of great discomfort, he physically and mentally couldn't let you break him.

He was determined to remain as a figure of powerful authority...the First Commander. This was nonsense, there was no question as to what the next decision in this situation was. Kylo needed to extract the cause of all this confliction, you.

He flung open the door and what he revealed had stopped time in a collision of senses. Undeniable warmth began to engulf his heart.

Your head was resting on his pillow and you were nestled up within the soft, silky sheets...sound asleep in Kylo's bed. He observed with full attentiveness, how your frame was encompassed by his jet black cotton t-shirt. The way your rib cage inflated with every small breath you took and how it descended back down as you released the oxygen filling your lungs. He gazed upon a damp strand of hair that draped over your cheek. It had landed perfectly in the palm of your delicate hand which was curled up next to your head.

His stare shifted to your soft, rose colored lips and they reminded him of what an intoxicating impact you had on his soul. The skin on your face glistened from the slight reflection of the stars shining through the window and he was taken back at how...perfect you were.

While your body was spread across his mattress, you appeared as if you were an angel sitting upon a cloud. And that same cloud hovered over Kylo wherever he went, unable to escape the thought of your existence.

Kylo was astonished as to how you still managed to creep your way into the depths of his brain, even while slumbering.

He needed to snap out of the trance your presence had set him in.

He needed you gone now.

Slowly but surely he made his way to the bed and reached for your shoulder, but suddenly your body began to shift into a new position. You rolled over onto your side and curled up like a kitten, rubbing your cheek on your forearm to settle in. While your lashes fluttered, Kylo stared down at you with a heavy, aching chest. He didn't have the power to wake you, you seemed so at peace. Something he'd never experienced for as long as he lived. Even before the Finalizer, life was difficult for Kylo. His trust for any human being had vanished after his Jedi master Luke Skywalker had turned on him. But he didn't regret turning himself over to the dark forces, they were...life giving and so utterly powerful. He needed that power, and had never stopped craving it even after he'd acquired his role as First Commander.

Kylo ultimately couldn't wake you...but he refused to sleep with you, that was too dangerous for him and he was certain of it. He exited his main quarters and planned on spending the night in the guest bedroom, away from any potential temptation.

[YOUR POV]

When you awakened Kylo was no where to be found. You didn't recall him returning to bed last night either. Curious as to where he had gone, you pulled back the covers and began to search for him. Checking the entirety of his sleeping quarters there was no sign of him. You were hurt at the fact that he hadn't bothered to join you last night or even wake you this morning...you felt used.

As disappointed as you were, you had to return to your room eventually. You retrieved your clothes from the night before and slipped into them, leaving Kylo's shirt folded with care on the edge of his bed. While making your way out of his quarters one of his Knights had suddenly tapped your shoulder.

"Um excuse me, I- I think you...dropped this." His tone was low yet inviting, he held up the lace bralette Kylo had gifted you.

"Oh my- I- haha thanks." You laughed nervously and took off power walking down the hallway.

You could've sworn it was tucked away safely in your pocket but with just your luck it had managed to escape.

Stars you were mortified.

You'd only spoken to The Knights Of Ren once or twice but only along the lines of entry privileges. This time around felt odd, he seemed...nice. Considering he worked for Kylo you highly doubted he would have any trace of kindness in him but he gave you the impression that he just might.

The fact was fascinating to you but as you carried on to your room, other things had taken home in your mind.

Kylo.

You still had no insight on what'd happened and being as you were unable to find him, you had no possible way of asking. It was still very early in the morning and your shift started in about an hour and a half. You figured you'd get a head start on your day and head down to cafe early.

First you headed to your room and got ready for your day, then you were on your way down to get breakfast. You caught a glimpse of Lydia and Emerson in the distance and waited for them to to catch up. The three of you chatted over food and you failed to mention anything about your night with Kylo, they certainly didn't need to know everything.

The day carried on and the hours passing by during work were long and dreadful. Thankfully you'd made it through and it was finally time to clock out. You hadn't seen the sight of Kylo for the entirety of your day and it concerned you slightly...was he avoiding you? The thought that you'd done something wrong wouldn't flee your mind. After everything that'd happened last night...he abandoned you, Left you...all alone. Who. The. Fuck. Does. That? Instead of being saddened by it, you grew slightly angry. For a second... you'd actually thought things between the two of you were starting to change. Apparently you were wrong.

[Author's note:] I apologize for these chapters being kinda short, thank you all so much for reading!

XOXO