31 I Promise 31

- - One Month Later - -

Recently, life on the Finalizer had improved significantly. You were back on track at work and things with Ben were actually good. Of course you'd come across those little arguments here and there but overall, you were enjoying your days.

- -

"What's wrong?" You furrowed your brows, laying your hand to rest upon Ben's raised shoulder.

"Nothing." He shook his head, falling backwards onto the bed and sprawling out completely.

"Ben." You hovered over him, running your finger along his defined cheekbone, voice filled with sincerity. "You're a really bad liar."

He let out a lazy laugh, eyes penetrating yours as he threaded through your draping hair. "Hux is on my case about the Super Laser; we failed to retrieved those parts when we traveled to Batuu so, some of the First Order engineers have been in charge of the new mechanics. But it's taking too long; we don't have time to sit around and wait for them to complete the task. We need it assembeled soon."

"I- I'm sorry, I know we haven't really talked about what happened but, I fucked everything up, I know that. Please let me make up for it. There must be something I can do; anything?" Your expression was overcome with desperation and guilt.

"No, I don't want you involved in this mess, it's too much. It'll be dealt with soon but the quicker the better, no one knows what the Resistance is planning." He sighed heavily, jaw tensing up the slightest bit.

"What do you mean?" You tilted your head, bewildered and somewhat frightened by his comment on the Resistance.

"N-nothing, it'll be fine." His hands clasped around your back, stroking along your spine with care.

"Are you sure?" You swallowed hard studying his face attentively.

"Yes. Come here." He pulled you close to his frame, your body jerked, falling on top of his which laid upon the mattress. "I don't want you to worry, ok?"

"Ok." You nodded excessively, eyes distracted by his enhanced pink lips."I'm sorry again...for Batuu." Your gaze fell downwards, shameful of your mistake.

"I know you are, it's ok." Thumb tracing your lower lip he stared up at you with desire, noticeably hungry for some sort of affection.

You nodded and accepted his sentence. Returning the emotion of lust, your face descended, nose now centimeters away from his.

In an instant, you moved on him, fiercely stealing a kiss. Tongue slowly caressing his at first, it rapidly transformed into a wild tempo as your paces increased.

Your leg swung over his, placing yourself on top of his hips while his hands dug into the skin that encompassed your ass. You kissed him until reason seeped out through your pores and you became a living pulse, conscious only of what you wanted him to do. The scent of him clung to your nostrils, the taste plastering itself to your mouth. Tiny fireworks exploding all over, bits of you that you'd thought to be dead, reigniting to life.

You wanted to take him in your possession and drink the honey from his delicious lips forever. His tongue was one of his greatest qualities. He knew exactly how to use it. It spoke life into you, awakening gifts in you that you didn't know existed.