32 No Turning Back 32

[BEN'S POV]

Ben witnessed his greatest treasure departing from him, he studied the very last moments of your presence, engraving the sight of you into his mind. He promised he would find you, and he would. Nothing would stop him from reuniting with the one person he cherished most. With a painful pivot, he turned away from you and headed down the hall, distress swarming his nearly shattered chest. Long and passionate strides carried him to the front of the ship alongside Hux and his affiliates.

"Fire on those ships!" Ben lunged forwards, pointing a threatening finger at the herd of TIE fighters that were racing towards the Finalizer.

The man obliged, laying a harsh finger down on the wide, red button. The Supreme Leader watched as orange and red flames sparked within the abyss of galaxy.

"MORE!" He spat, straining his voice box with very little care. "MORE!" One after the other, the ships descended down. "MORE!" Sweat pooled upon his forehead and upper lip.

Ben never saw the blast coming. Nobody did, until it was too late. A blow shot through the window, shattering the glass into tiny fragments which now laid upon the control panel and floor. Hux was hit, down came another, people dropping all around him. Without hesitation, Ben's frame hit the cold black floor in attempts to shield himself from the lethal explosions. The Finalizer was being obliterated, the First Order's chance of survival was lower than ever before.

Panic took home in his heart, aching and clinging onto the thought of his angel, every aspect of you. All that mattered to him was your safety, he knew Vicrul would care for you...but that wasn't enough. Sorrow struck him like an arrow, there was that chance, that lingering possibility that he may have to break his meaningful promise.

A very long time ago, Ben's desire for you had morphed into an aspect that he'd sell his soul to protect. He wasn't important, not in this moment, this was about you, only you. He'd given his life for you once, and he wouldn't hesitate to do it again. The realization hit him violently, he may not make it out alive. But that didn't matter, just as long as you were breathing.

[YOUR POV]

*I recommend listening to "As The World Caves In" by Matt Maltese and "Wait" by M83 for the remainder of this chapter :))*

"Where are we going?" You sniffled, moving deeper and deeper into the shimmering atmosphere of stars and space.

"I'm not sure yet. Anywhere but here." Vicrul gripped the controls firmly, sucking in a deep breath of additional courage. "Any ideas?"

"I- I don't know." You sighed, massaging the sides of your head. "I mean there's that one place, no one really goes there. It's got a bunch of islands or something? Has to do with the Jedi Order?"

"You mean Ahch-To?" The tone of his voice had increased.

The word was so foreign to your brain, it was rarely spoken of within the First Order."Yeah that's it, how about there?" You shrugged both shoulders.

"Why there?" Vicrul's expression was overcome with  bewilderment.

"I've heard it's safe...isn't it? We can wait for Ben there." You spoke with weariness, hoping he'd agree to hold up on the planet for the night.

"If that's what you want then yeah, that's fine." His speed accelerated and you attempted to balance yourself on his legs.

"Ok." You shifted slightly in his lap as your fingertips twitched on top of your thighs."Ben will be ok...right?"