21 A Night On Canto Bight 21

[WARNING: VIOLENCE & MILD BLOOD]

[KYLO'S POV]

The words that had just escaped Kylo's lips were completely foreign to him. He shouldn't have said them but...he couldn't help it, you were beautiful. Not once in his life had he told someone that. He'd also never taken anyone to visit Canto Bight, but you weren't just anyone to him.

However, Kylo had to fight those feelings. He couldn't let you control his emotions, he couldn't let you affect him in any way. Because if he did, Kylo may be seduced into the light and...Snoke would kill you. That's how he viewed the entire situation at hand.

[YOUR POV]

"Hello? Kylo?" You waved your hand in his face.

"What?" He seemed startled at your voice.

"When are we leaving?"

"Oh, now." He rose from the bed and headed for the door.

"What about your mask?" You held it up to him.

Kylo came rushing over. "Don't touch that...ever. Ok?" His tone was intimidating.

"Um ok? But aren't you gonna wear it?"

"Not on Canto Bight. We don't need any attention drawn to us." He headed for the door again and you followed.

"Oh, ok." You closed the door behind you.

The two of you strolled out of the hotel and into the streets, the night life here seemed unreal. The amount of people dressed in luxury clothing and covered in expensive jewelry,  was purely insane. As you approached a large circular building you questioned,

"What's this?"

"The casino, I- I made plans for us to um...to eat d- dinner here on the...balcony out back." Kylo stared down at you.

You couldn't even fathom the amount of stuttering in that one sentence. "You what?" You soon realized how rude you'd just sounded.

"I mean, I- that's um...that's really nice thank you Kylo." You gave a slight smile as your heart sunk down into your stomach. Kylo actually wanted to make it up to you and he was trying so hard to. You saw that.

Kylo kept his hand lingering on your lower back. You were just about to intervene when you realized, he was only trying to keep you close to him...to keep you safe.

As you walked throughout the casino to reach the balcony, the scene around you was unlike anything you'd ever seen before. It seemed surreal, all it screamed was rich. Drinks, food, games, glamour and romance surrounded you. Multiple species provided musical entertainment and you were absolutely astonished at the party life you saw.

You reached two tall glass doors with golden handles and
made your way outside. Your gaze fell upon a black clothed table, lined with porcelain plates and two shimmering wine glasses. Placed in the middle was a single red rose, soaking in a vase of water. The chairs must've been worth more than your entire life savings, they were accented with gold with black cushions.

As your stare shifted away from the balcony, you were met with a night sky engulfed in thousands of twinkling stars. Your hands traveled up to your mouth and your jaw dropped, you were speechless. You pivoted towards Kylo and he was fixated upon you. Not the exquisite dinner table set up, not the magnificent night sky...but you, just you.

You couldn't help but lean in and latch your arms around his waist, hugging him. You were so genuinely pleased with the night so far...and it'd just begun. He was slightly startled by your body contact but his hands soon found your head and he slowly caressed your hair. Your chest caved in at the powerful and emotional connection the two of you shared right there, standing on Canto Bight.