19 One Step Forward, Two Steps Back 19

It'd been a week since you last saw Kylo. Today had been a very special day for you, you graduated from your nursing trainee position and moved on to become an official RN. Lydia and Emerson were estatic for you, considering you would now be seeing them more frequently. Tomorrow would start your new journey to treating patients on a day to day basis. Although it didn't seem like it, there was a wide variety of patients in need of care on the finalizer. From wounded stormtroopers returning from combat, or workers on the finalizer with reoccurring health issues, to senior citizens living out their last days.

You were excited to follow a new path that would hopefully distract you from thinking about Kylo. He hadn't reached out to you after your last encounter, and you hadn't reached out to him either. You assumed you were nearing the end of your fling with him...as much as you didn't want it to conclude, it was destined to at some point. But one thing you were certain of was that you wouldn't lose the powerful feelings you possessed towards him, those would never fade away. They would always be there in the back of your mind, all you could do was try your best to silence them.

The next morning you woke up with eagerness to start your day. You slipped into your new and improved nursing uniform, topping it off with your white jacket that included the first order symbol patent on the arm.

After grabbing some breakfast, you headed to the bay with Lydia.

"Okay so here's a list of the patients, they need to be checked during rounds before anything else and these two, need to be looked after every 2-3 hours." Lydia handed you a clipboard which included a handful of people that were now in your care.

"Thank you so much." You smiled genuinely.

"Also we have a new, soon to be RN, arriving today. Since Elijah would've been graduating in a few months...he will be taking his spot. He's a little more advanced than Elijah was so he'll be shadowing you until he graduates. They have Luxton from custodial assigned to look after the storage room now. You finally escaped that hell, good for you girl."

"Haha thanks again Lydia I really appreciate everything."

"Of course, and Emerson and I will be floating around these parts, of you need anything just holler! Good luck today you'll do great ." Lydia patted your shoulder and made her way down the hall.

Of course you were beyond nervous for your first day but you were finally getting some hands on action. Your responsibilities had increased tremendously, you weren't just unpacking stupid boxes all day.

You began your morning rounds and it was refreshing to become introduced with so many new faces. Most of your patients weren't in need of serious medical care, but they still needed to be held in the medbay. You enjoyed chatting with some while you tended to them, getting to know their life stories really intrigued you.

As you strolled the halls and analyzed your clipboard, you accidentally bumped into someone. "I'm so sorry." You glanced up only to be met with an unfamiliar face.

"No problem, I'm Noah! It's nice to meet you, Lydia told me you'd be around here somewhere. Y/N right?"

"Y-yeah that's me, it's nice to meet you too." Your face beamed while you gazed up at him.

This must've been the guy Lydia had mentioned earlier...stars please let it be him. His eyes were sparkling with an ocean blue tint and his locks were a rich golden-blonde shade. The widest smile took home on his face and his dimples created a unique accent to his slightly tan complexion.

"I just arrived on the Finalizer yesterday so I'm still settling in, I was told I'd be shadowing you though?"

"Oh yes, this is um actually my first day as an Rn. I just graduated from my trainee position yesterday." Your tone was slightly anxious.