1 Tend To 1

The scene surrounding you was chaotic and fear lingered throughout the air. The war between the First Order and the Resistance had been transpiring for years and you'd just gotten word that some of the top officials had left the Finalizer to help put an end to this feud. All you really knew was that multiple star destroyers had been under attack, causing the retreat of wounded stormtroopers.

Only a few months into training, your nursing skills weren't exactly top tier. You'd never experienced anything this stressful before and only assigned to care for one patient so far wasn't bad but...they just kept flooding in. You rushed to aid storm trooper LN-456. With a collapsed lung you had very little hope that he'd pull through, one of your best friends Lydia had joined you in the Medbay.

"Finally another nurse." your tone was overcome with relief.

"This is crazy, what even happened out there?" She let out a hard breath.

"I'm not sure, talk later."
You needed to get to work.

Another nurse, Emerson, had raced over to the patient you were caring for, this was the most critical case and she became aware that you needed some assistance. You were struggling to keep it together, accidentally knocking items off the counter with your elbow, trying to find a ventilator.

"Emerson can you take over for a minute please?" You pleaded with desperation.

"Yeah of course I got this" She seemed certain.

"Thank you."

"Psst Lydia come here" you whispered.

"What's wrong?" She furrowed her brows.

"He's not going to make it, LN-456, he- he isn't gonna make it" you breathed heavily.

"Okay, okay...I'll have Emerson take care of it, it'll be fine...cmon they need our help." Lydia's words were reassuring.

She knew how nervous you were and had delt with stuff like this all the time, you were so lucky to have her here. You both raced down the hall seeing where your help was needed, she found a new patient that needed to be treated and you guys parted ways.

"I'll see you later. you got this, holler if you need me and be safe." She gave you a pat on the shoulder.

"Thanks, you too."

You continued walking when a sudden parade of people came running up behind you, reeling a gurney. You whipped your head around so fast your neck ached from whiplash. They were top officials from the first order, faces overcome with desperation and terror.

"NURSE, WE NEED A NURSE NOW!"
The expression on Hux's face was like nothing you've ever seen before. Sheer panic...he was white as a ghost.

"Me, here I'm- I'm a nurse." You spoke with confidence despite your overwhelming anxiety.

"You need to save him, do whatever you have to." He spat at you with frustration.

"I- I'll try my best sir. I need some space please!" Your heart rate increased at the thought...this patient's life was now in your hands.

As the crowd parted you had yet to recognize who it was that you were hustling to reel into the nearest room. Hux's words bounced off the walls in your cranium, you took a deep breath and composed yourself...this patient appeared to be very important.

As you settled the gurney down, you finally took a quick glance at the patient's face. You froze, still as ever you were shell shocked. This was Kylo Ren, First Commander...Kylo Ren. You'd rarely seen him, but never without his mask on before. You came to your senses and realized there was no time to be star struck. You had a job to do.