5 Raw Temptation 5

The intimacy with Kylo that you'd been craving for so long was ruined within a matter of seconds and you were at fault. You should've kept your mouth shut, who knows what else might've happened...how far it might've escalated. Your stomach growled with hunger. You had missed your lunch break but that was the least of your worries right now. You really didn't have the time to sulk and feel sorry for yourself. You needed to finish your work for the day.

Exiting one of the medbay rooms you saw a familiar face in the distance. Your supervisor, Dr. Ezekiel. He had just gotten back from a two week trip to Garel.

"Hey you! How are things?" Ezekiel was smiling, ear to ear.

"They've been better, but its good to finally see you!" And you were glad to see him but the timing happened to be inconvenient.

"You too! I'm sorry to hear that, is there anything I can do?" His tone was genuine.

"No, no thank you though." There really wasn't anything he could do. This was your problem.

"Anytime kiddo, how was work while I was gone? You staying on top of things?" He pointed his finger at you, jokingly.

"Yes, I actually got the opportunity to treat Commander Ren, he was wounded in an altercation with a Resistance member." Your voice shook as his name rolled off your tongue.

"Ahh, I see you're moving up in the world, good for you." He patted you on the shoulder.

"Thanks" you smiled.

"How is he?" Ezekiel asked.

"Oh he's fine, I treated him and he was on his way." You fiddled you're thumbs, looking down. You really didn't enjoy discussing Kylo. Especially now.

"Good, good. Hey, Elijah is back by the way!" Ezekiel's tone was filled with excitement.

"Oh ok, I'm sure I'll see him soon." You were blushing.

Elijah was one of your friends who worked alongside you in the storage room. He was still fairly new but so far the two of you had gotten along pretty well. His crystal clear blue eyes and milk chocolate hair were quite a sight to say the least and he'd recently accompanied Dr. Ezekiel on the trip, working as his assistant. You weren't sure why Ezekiel hadn't picked you instead, seeing as you've been in training longer than Elijah...but it was whatever.

"I'll catch you later, got lots of work to do." Ezekiel tapped his clipboard with his pen.

"See ya." You smiled.

Dr. Ezekiel was a good guy, only a couple years older than you. He taught you everything you knew and you two were really close despite him being your boss.

You returned to your usual work area and it was difficult to complete the tasks you'd been assigned. You were normally  unmotivated while working but it was never this severe. Constantly thinking of Kylo made it especially hard to focus and you still failed to comprehend what had happened earlier.

Getting off work in twenty minutes, you'd soon see Lydia and Emerson at dinner. Hopefully being in their presence would ease some of your worries. You decided you wouldn't tell them anything more about Kylo for now, considering how were embarrassed you were that you'd screwed up again. You needed to figure this one out by yourself.

Some time later you collected your belongings and flipped off the light switch in the storage room. You exited and the door clicked shut, shuffling down the long hall, you headed towards your room. After entering you quickly changed out of your scrubs and you were on your way to dinner. Power walking down to the cafe, you were famished considering you never got the chance to eat lunch.