7 Remember To Forget Me 7

You held back the tears welling in your eyes as you made your way down the hall. The lump in your throat made it slightly painful to swallow. Entering your room you slammed the door shut, causing the wall to shake. You threw yourself onto your bed and laid there staring up at the dull white ceiling. Who the hell does that? Kicks you out immediately after an act like that...stars, you were stupid for falling into his trap. As you ruminated on the situation you were still unable to comprehend his decision.

You felt like giving up on Kylo. He didn't actually want you and you realized that. You promised yourself that from now on, you weren't living for him...you were gonna live for you. Tomorrow was a new day and you didn't want to spend another second stuck on the thought of how much Kylo had hurt you. Soon you drifted off to sleep.

When you woke up you were still in your clothes from last night, your hair was matted and your neck ached. While changing out of your current clothes, the scent of Kylo lingered underneath your nose. Holding the fabric close to your face, you sniffed. The fresh smell of him made your insides stir into a whirlpool. You were already breaking the promise you'd made to yourself. Taking a sharp breath in, you threw your shirt on the floor and continued to undressing.

Just as you were about ready to shower you glanced in the mirror and noticed a red, raised handprint upon your ass. Stars you couldn't escape him. He was everywhere. You reminded yourself to only focus on the present moment, you should just let him go already. Maybe he just wasn't the guy for you...

After getting ready for work you grabbed some breakfast, then made your way down to the storage room. You greeted Lydia and Emerson in the hall, the three of you chatted for a few minutes. You tried your hardest to mask your saddened expression but you were still glad to see them. They always made you feel better no matter what your mental state might be.

When you reached your work station you were met with wide arms from Elijah. You were relieved to see him. He wrapped his arms around you and patted your back. Your head rested in the gap between his neck and shoulder.

"Ahh it's so good to see you." He said with a smile.

"You too, How was the trip?" Your pitch was high.

"You know how Ezekiel can be, bossy sometimes...but overall it wasn't too bad, a little fun actually." He laughed.

"That's great, I'm glad you enjoyed yourself." Deep down you wished you were in Elijah's shoes and had gotten to travel with Dr. Ezekiel instead. Oh well.

"So clearly we have a lot of work to do...I definitely didn't miss this." Elijah sighed and gestured to the boxes stacked, almost hitting the ceiling.

Your only wish was to go back to your room and curl up in bed, but unfortunately that wasn't an option.

"Guess we should get started." You sounded unenthusiastic.
As you and Elijah were in the midst of unpacking new antibiotics he looked up at you,

"I missed you though, while- while I was on the trip." He gave a slight grin.

"I missed you too..." You blushed.

You didn't know how to feel. Hearing those words made it seem like you mattered, to him at least. Why were you so hung up on Kylo when you had a good guy who seemed to genuinely care about you...?

You both continued unboxing and hours later it was time for your break. You finally had company to eat with considering you rarely saw Emerson and Lydia around this hour. Elijah and you headed down to the cafe and grabbed some food. As you sat at the table the two of you shared a few laughs and you were actually enjoying yourself, you really needed that right now.

"Did you do something different with your hair while was I gone? Cut it maybe?" His ocean blue eyes stared into yours and suddenly your heart fluttered just the tiniest bit.

"No- no I didn't." You laughed nervously.

"Oh ok." He shrugged while smiling and returned back to eating.

Maybe you were moving on from Kylo already, if so it felt kinda good.

You both continued eating then headed back to work. After hours of constant organization and unpacking, you were finally finished. Your had lunch filled you up so much, that you decided to skip dinner tonight; you made sure Elijah would notify the girls for you. He was part of the group now so he'd usually eat with you guys after work.

You reached your room and attempted to open your door. Fiddling with the knob, the door appeared to be jammed. You gave it a hard push and it flung open, a small black box was placed directly in front of your feet on the floor. Not expecting any packages, you were confused as to what it was...

Lifting the lid you revealed a shimmering crystal necklace. It's luster caught your eye and you were astonished at it's beauty. The chain consisted of gold and black beads as well as a gold wire that wrapped around the thick black pendant. There was a small folded note underneath it, you opened it up and read,

Enjoy.

That's all that was written which really puzzled you..could this be from Kylo? The thought weakened your knees and you studied the necklace once more. Maybe he really did care about you. Maybe he wanted you as much as you wanted him...

Your face lit up with joy and butterflies filled your lower abdomen. Screw your promise, you needed to see Kylo...to thank him for this. Wrapping the chain around your neck, you hooked it in the back and it dangled down at just the perfect length. As you swung the door open Elijah appeared to be blocking the exit.

"What are you doing he-"

"I see you got my present!"

"Wait...w- what?" Your brows furrowed and the bile in your stomach shifted. The thought was like a punch in the gut...this wasn't from Kylo.

"I got it on my trip with Ezekiel! How do you like it?"

"I- I..." you tried your best to keep it together. "Oh I love it!" You'd never acted this artificial in your entire life.

"I'm so glad...I thought you would. It's made of pure crystal extracted from the rocks on Garel!"

"That's, that's so nice thank you Elijah." Hiding your true emotion was getting harder and harder each second.

"No problem." He smiled.

"I actually um, I was just about to turn in for the night...I heard a noise outside I wanted to check it out before I went to bed." Your voice shook.

Elijah's eyes scanned your nursing uniform that you still had on.

You forgot about that. Kriff.

"Oh, ok well I'll...I'll see you tomorrow, goodnight." His tone sounded suspicious, but he walked away and disappeared down the hall.

You slammed the door shut and pressed your back against it. Sliding down, your butt hit the floor. You held your knees close to your chest and buried your head between them. A tear snuck it's way down your burning hot cheek. You couldn't believe this, you didn't want to believe it. Were you really that ignorant to think Kylo would ever do something that kind? The pit in your stomach was only growing larger as salty tears soaked your face. Time flew by and you sat there sobbing, images of Kylo infused your brain. You were devastated.