8 Bad Girls Like You 8

"Ouch." Your limp body flew forward as the wooden door smacked you in the head.

"Y/N, what are you doing...I've been looking for you in the medbay...what the hell happened? Lydia's tone was high and concerned.

"Kriff what- what time is it?!" You shot up, stumbling as your knees wobbled.

"10:00 am, you're dressed for work did you um hit your head on the door while leaving or..." Lydia stood there staring back at you with wide eyes.

"No, I- I fell asleep like this...uhh rough night." You darted to the bathroom to brush your teeth.

Wiping the crust from your eyes, they were swollen and bloodshot. You couldn't recall how long you had cried last night and didn't recall falling asleep either.

"I'll be down soon." You spat tooth paste into the sink.

"Are you- is everything okay?" Lydia was standing in the bathroom doorway.

"Yeah yeah I'm fine, I'll- I'll explain later." You were rushing to fix your hair, it was way to greasy and tangled today so you threw it up into a high bun.

"Okay, I'll see you in a bit. Come to me if you need anything. I'm serious." Lydia walked out.

"Thank you." You raised your voice, making sure she would hear.

You rushed to grab your belongings then darted out the door. There was certainly no time to grab food, you immediately headed towards the medbay. When you arrived you practically bodied the door to the storage room. You stumbled in while out of breath from getting ready so frantically.

You shut the door behind you.

"H- hi" you were bent over with your hands on your knees, looking up at Elijah.

"About time...hey." He smiled at you.

You knew how disheveled you looked. The dark bags under your eyes, crinkled uniform and rat's nest on top your head said it all. Stars you were so embarrassed.

"Sorry I slept in." You shifted to help Elijah move a heavy crate.

"No worries." He chuckled.

"What..." you laughed knowing he was probably making fun of your appearance.

"Nothing just um, you look...good." He pursed his lips together.

"Are you insane Elijah?" You were genuinely concerned.

"You look...candid and well...I've never seen you like this. I like it." He smiled.

Your eyes widened as the words escaped his lips.
"I- well, thanks." You were blushing...heavily.

But he was definitely crazy, you practically looked homeless.

"Yeah no problem." He placed the crate down in sync with you.

"How's your day going so far?" You smiled.

"Well it was pretty lonely this morning...considering you failed to show up..." He was teasing you.

"Alright I said I was sorry." You laughed.

"I'm kidding." Elijah smirked and chuckled.

The two of you stood there in silence staring back at one another.

"Sooo." You attempted to cease the awkwardness.

Before you could speak Elijah was centimeters from your face. Your breathing increased and your palms started to sweat. He analyzed your eyes with his own.