30 All Yours 30

Almost two weeks since you last saw Ben, the days had grown longer and longer, seemingly endless. There was a hole in your world where he used to live. You found yourself constantly walking around in the daytime, and falling in at night. There were seconds of remembering him throughout the day, moments when your heart twitched. Moments where you were hell-bent on forgetting his heaven-sent scent. You craved his mouth, his voice, his sleek laugh, his luscious hair, his hot heart, the feeling of being looked after, feeling like you were the only girl in his entire world.

Today being his last day in the medbay, you were unsure if you favored the concept or if it caused you to feel uneasy. Most likely a mixture of both.

"Just to make sure he's safe, the knights and I are going to escort him onto the Finalizer when it arrives. Did you wanna come down to the medbay with us?" Vicrul spoke softly, approaching with ease.

"I'm not sure yet." Your head hung low, discouraged to respond right away.

"Whatever you choose, just let me know." He nodded understandingly.

"I will, thanks." You let a slight smile grow on your face to express your appreciation.

Vicrul exited, leaving you alone to decide on how you'd approach this situation. Of course you wanted to see Ben, you wanted to help him, but if that caused you to fall into another gaping hole of sadness, it ultimately wasn't worth it. You'd given up, coming to the heart wrenching conclusion that he wasn't recovering anytime soon. That maybe he never would. But you still cared about him, that feeling would never depart, so you decided to tag along in traveling to the medbay.

After collecting the very little amount of belongings you possessed, you left behind the room in which your sorrows now lingered. You made your way down to Vicrul's room as you rethought your decision, it was the right thing, seeing Ben again. This was good. You knocked softly and the door flung open.

"Hey what's up?" Vicrul leaned against the frame, interested in your presence.

"I'm gonna go to the medbay with you guys." You twiddled your thumbs, rocking back and fourth on the heels of your feet.

"Oh ok, well we're gonna head down in about a half an hour, you can wait here or I'll just come and get you from your room?"

"Actually I wanna visit him alone first, if that's alright?" You hadn't processed the words that'd slithered out of your mouth until you heard them yourself. They must've found their own way out, displaying what your heart truly craved.

"Yeah of course, I'll meet you down there." Vicrul nodded and returned into his room.

On your journey down to the medbay, your internal organs grinded themselves into a nervous pulp. You stopped, fixated on the door of Ben's room. Your heartbeat was an alive and determined entity trying to claw its way out of your throat. Sweaty hands clenched at your sides and you finally reached for the knob.

When you entered, the gut wrenching sight your eyes fell upon sent you into a feral state. Ferocious eyes locked on Calista, she was straddling Ben on his bed, passionately devouring his mouth. His hands were clasped around her waist, gripping her tightly. Her long, silky brunette hair swayed and brushed against his cheek.

Your mouth hung open in paralyzing shock. Your soul became so frigid that your entire body shivered and twitched. In an instant, you realized your anger was even harder to endure than your crippling sorrow.

As if your body had acted faster than your brain, you barged in and sunk your digits into both of her shoulders, yanking her off of him with intent to hurt. She abruptly collided with the white tile floor, entire frame smacking it without relent.