2 The Letter 2

A few days had passed since your meeting with Kylo and Hux. You still couldn't shake him from your thoughts. You had gotten off work early today and were supposed to meet Lydia and Emerson for dinner in a little while.

Still in your nursing scrubs, you were more than uncomfortable, so you decided to change. Shimmying your way out, you threw them in your dirty laundry basket. You didn't have many clothing options unfortunately so you settled for some black leggings and a hoodie. Looking at your reflection in the mirror you saw your hair needed fixing. Yikes. After putting it into two braids you were satisfied with your appearance. You slipped on your shoes and made your way down to the cafe.

During your walk down you had passed Hux who shot you a dirty look...to which you shot one right back. You really didn't care for him.

Emerson and Lydia were sitting at one of the back tables in the cafe as they flagged you down. You let them know you'd be right over after you grabbed dinner. The food was...well it wasn't the slightest bit tasty, but you obviously had to eat so you settled for whatever stew or slop was being served.

Carrying your tray over to their table, you greeted them. The three of you carried on random conversations, giggling through bites of food. They were the ones who made life bearable; you were fortunate enough to have them as friends. Kylo had come up in the conversation a few times and you filled them in on the whole Hux/Kylo meeting...feud...type situation. You weren't even sure what to call it.

However, you didn't share your opinion on Kylo, and to be honest you weren't even sure how you felt. You'd only talked to him twice and were already starting to ruminate on those interactions. You were kind of embarrassed, that made you seem so desperate you thought; its so soon you can't possibly be that attracted to him. You decided to keep your thoughts to yourself for now.

After dinner, they mentioned hanging out in Emerson's room, it was Friday and that was basically routine by now. Go to Emerson's and just hang out...talk about the latest cute stormtroopers, make theories about the war with the resistance and have little chats about nonsense.

You agreed and the night carried on. The three of you spent hours of fun together before Lydia and you decided to head back to your rooms. You said your goodbyes and were on your way.

When entering your room you heard a crinkle from underneath your shoe. With curiosity, you lifted your foot to reveal a small piece of paper with y/n written in red ink. You unfolded it, the handwriting printed was such beautiful cursive you had no idea who this could be from, it read:

"I believe my wound needs some medical attention. My quarters, 7:00 tomorrow night."
- Ren

There was an arrow on the bottom and you turned the letter over to find a map. It was directions to his quarters and a code to give the guards outside his room.

It took you a second to process what you had just read. You clutched the paper to your chest and fell back right onto your bed. The springs gave off squeak and you sat back up. You smiled ear to ear and genuine happiness flooded your heart. You couldn't remember the last time you'd felt like this.

It seemed that joy was all you could feel at this moment...until your nerves set in. Why would he want to meet in his quarters? You couldn't meet him there you- you were too nervous. No this can't happen. But...you wanted to see him. UGH. You were so utterly frustrated you gripped your head and let out a heavy and loud sigh. What were you gonna do?

After a few minutes of heavy thinking, you decided you'd ask Lydia and Emerson for advice tomorrow. They'd know exactly what to do. You got ready for bed, letter placed on your night table and fell into a deep sleep.