Attraction Is The Easy Part...

By anamika_writes

• • • • Attraction is spontaneous, but Relationship is not. • • • • Shivaay has celebrated celibacy so far. H... More

P R E L U D E
Chapter 1 : Meet Him
Chapter 2 : Meet Her
Chapter 3 : The Dinner
Chapter 4 : Meeting Again!
Chapter 5 : Amidst Confusion
Chapter 6 : Yes or No?
Chapter 7 : Wedding On The Cards?
Chapter 8 : Laughter and Smiles
Chapter 9 : Hues Of Romance
Chapter 10 : Slow Dancing
Chapter 11 : Awkward Affair
Chapter 12 : Warm Advances
Chapter 13 : Confusing Proximity
Chapter 14 : Exquisite Experience
Chapter 15 : Dazed Curiosity
Chapter 16 : Impassioned Encounters
Chapter 17 : Flaming Fondness
Chapter 18 : Unforeseen Circumstance
Chapter 19 : All in a day's time
Chapter 20 : Healing Time
Chapter 21 : Inevitable Affinity
Chapter 22 : Comforting Closeness
Chapter 23 : Shedding Diffidence
Chapter 24 : Subtle Seduction
Chapter 25: Fervent Temptation
Chapter 26 : Growing Fondness
Chapter 27 : Consuming Attraction
Chapter 28 : Gratifying Mornings
Chapter 29 : Boiling Desires
Chapter 30 : Unexpected Encounters
Chapter 31 : Of Bygones
Chapter 32 : Of Bygones (II)
Chapter 33 : Temporary Fixtures
Chapter 34 : Life Goes On
Chapter 35 : Completely Smitten
Chapter 36 : Insatiable Needs
Chapter 37 : Cherishing Togetherness
Chapter 38 : Sparks Of Love
Chapter 39 : Reality Checks
Chapter 40 : Something Like Love
Chapter 41 : Of Flowers and Hearts
Chapter 42 : Perplexing Emotions
Chapter 43 : Between Heart and Mind
Chapter 44 : Strong Attachment
Chapter 45 : Making Mends
Chapter 46 : Talking Hearts
Chapter 48 : A New Chapter
• Bonus Scene •

Chapter 47 : Sparkling Intimacy

9K 782 213
By anamika_writes

Don't forget to vote on this chapter and the previous ones! 

--------

It had been more than eight months to their wedding. Things were good. Anika's fondness for Shivaay only deepened with time. He was a terrific package - a sweet guy at home, a no-nonsense businessman at the office, and an ardent lover in the bedroom. Anika had no complaints whatsoever. He would occasionally surprise her by picking her up after work. At times he'd help her by eating the ladyfingers and brinjals from her plate when Pinky wasn't looking. There were days when Anika would actually sneak out of the mansion and put sabzis she didn't like into his lunch tiffin and take the other gravy she liked into hers. He would scold her but wait patiently for her to carry out her stupid swap. Anika's list wouldn't find an end.

She was laying on the couch in the living hall. It was past twelve in the night. She was waiting for her husband. Shivaay had left for a week-long business conference in London. He had wanted to take her along but Anika had her own work commitments. Lately, she had been banking on her leaves so that she could take a ten-day break all at once. She had been planning a perfect family vacation with Pinky on the side.

"Hey, gorgeous!" her favorite voice made her sit up immediately. She placed the book on the table and rushed to hug him. He smiled immediately taking her into a bone-crushing hug, not bothering that her impact made him strain his back.

"I missed you so much," Anika mumbled kissing his cheek tightening her arms around him. 

Shivaay smiled fondly. Oh, how he missed this one person! He closed his eyes placing a kiss on her cheek.

Anika pulled away after the longest five minutes. "You ate dinner?"

"Yes, on the plane!" He answered turning around to instruct the security guard to take the bags up to his room. He turned back to her once the person was moving up the stairs. He pulled her back into his embrace and placed his lips on her.

Anika was quick in responding to it. She parted her lips, inviting him to explore. They broke the kiss quickly, smiling at each other. Anika leaned again quickly to capture his lips, he smiled letting her. No words helped them to express how happy each was to see the other. After the brief kiss, he took the remaining bags up while Anika took his laptop bag and coat. 

"Everyone's asleep?"

"Yes," Anika answered beaming at him. She was truly elated to see him again. It seemed as though it had been months.

Once the guard was gone and Anika had instructed the servant to lock the doors she returned to the room shutting the door. He had washed up and now sat on the bed. She walked up and stood between his legs cupping his face. His lips curved up and he tilted his face up, his arms locking around her waist. She simply looked on smiling softly. 

"I missed you too!" He said and pulled her to sit on his lap. Anika leaned closer kissing his lips gently. He moaned pulling her closer, deepening the kiss. His one hand around her waist to support her and the other holding her face. Anika had never felt so ready for him. However, she knew he'd be tired after that long flight. She broke away, "how was your flight?" She asked getting off his lap and sitting beside him. 

"Tiring!" He answered stretching his leg, while looking at her. He just couldn't have enough of her sight. He was finally home to her. 

"Let's sleep," she mumbled leaning to kiss his forehead while her hand reached out to ruffle his hair. 

"I need a shower. I can't sleep without that!" He spoke getting off the bed. "In the meanwhile, could you please text Harish to push the meeting that's scheduled for tomorrow evening to the day after. I think I need a day off." He spoke handing her his phone. He walked to his cupboard and pulled out his nightclothes and a fresh towel.

Anika got on with the task and then proceeded to organize the room a little. Putting away the bags and rearranging the pillows. That night the two slept entangled in each other's arms.

Anika smiled running her fingers through his hair. "Shivaay, it's eleven! Wake up, sleeping beauty."

Shivaay took a pillow and covered his face. Anika smiled snatching the pillow. "Wake up, eat something, and then sleep again of you want!" 

"Anika," he muttered annoyed sitting up. 

"Morning Sweetheart!" She greeted kissing his cheek. 

"Oh, I missed this!" He mumbled, wrapping his arms around her, pulling her down with him.

"Shivaay, my hair!" Anika muttered as his hold tugged at her hair. He loosened his hold and she quickly sat up straight.

"Wake up, now. Everyone's waiting to see you!" Anika spoke pulling the duvet off him. She started folding it while he woke up like a cranky kid and walked to the washroom.

* * *

"Where were you?" She heard as she entered the room to witness her husband unpacking.

"Was helping mom make your favorite Kheer!" She smiled hugging him from behind. Her arms snaked around his waist while her cheek pressed against his shoulder blade. A smile made it to his lips and he gently placed his hands on hers loosening her hold. He turned around and pulled her for a proper hug. Anika beamed, she just needed to be in his arms. God, she never thought she'd be so crazy about anyone.

"Now, see what I got." He spoke breaking the hug. He made her sit beside his bag and took out a box. He read the name scribbled on the post-it pasted over it. "This is the same earrings you liked for your mother." He informed placing it in her hand.

Anika smiled opening the box. The pair looked even better than they did on the picture. "These are watches for OmRu." He said handing her two identical boxes, each with a post-it on it. "This is for Gauri," he spoke handing her a dress pouch. 

"And this is for mom!" He spoke handing her a huge garment bag. 

"The coat?" She asked smiling 

"Yeah, don't know why mom would want that in Mumbai!" He muttered shaking his head.

"Did you buy anything for yourself?" Anika asked.

"Oh, yes one jacket, two shirts, and a tuxedo."

Anika looked at him surprised. "Don't you have enough shirts and tuxedos? I am sure there will be a few in your cupboards that you've never even worn once."

"I liked it so I bought it." He shrugged. "And finally, this is the dress I bought for you!" He smiled unzipping the garment bag to reveal the dress to her.

"Wow, that's nice," Anika spoke.

Shivaay sensed a but there. "But?" He probed.

"Don't you think it will be a little too tight?" She said taking the dress out.

"It's flexible, Anika, try it." He spoke folding his arms.

"Okay," Anika answered uncertainly walking to the washroom.

Minutes later she stepped out dressed in the dark red dress. It hugged her body tightly. It had a sweetheart neck and spaghetti straps for the sleeves. Anika tried running her hand over her stomach to straightening the creases. 

"Wow, Anika! You look amazing!"

Anika tried smiling but she felt extremely uncomfortable in the dress.

"What happened?" He asked walking up to her. 

"It's tight at the bust," she answered.

Shivaay looked down, "you're wearing it too high up," he spoke straightening the straps of a bra and dress. He then tugged at the dress at the sides. Anika looked on as the dress became comfortable but revealed her bosom a little. Her eyes went up to him. His were down at her chest.

"There's a caplet you can wear over it," he said softly smiling his gaze climbing up to her eyes. He stepped back and bought out a piece of cloth from the bag. 

He passed it to Anika who immediately sighed in relief, "thank God!"

Shivaay chuckled. "I'd prefer, you not  wear that."

Anika gave him a look and put it on. She then walked over to the dressing table mirror and looked at herself. "It looks pretty, actually!"

"I knew that!" He smiled flopping on the bed.

"How much.."

"I am not telling. You like it and that's what I wanted."

"But.."

"Anika, no. Anyway there's more in this bag for you," he grinned propping up on an elbow, his eyes shining with mischief. Anika took the bag and peeped in. Her eyes widened and she looked up at him.

"Do you like it?"

Anika pulled out a black colored sheer lace bralette. "Seriously?" She looked at him and then the piece of lace. "Is this even my size?" She thought out loud.

"Duh, you can try them on I don't mind reviewing!" He said playfully laying his head back on two pillows.

Anika shook her head, "and how much did you spend on this?" she asked crossly.

"Anika, come on. Don't go to the price. Appreciate my efforts to shop."

"Yeah with me on the call, you brought the right things. But these..." Anika began to argue but was cut off.

"You get me a trunk, boxer, vest, or briefs anything and I will show you how happy I am!" He winked.

Anika huffed and went back to change. After coming out she lay on the bed beside him, "show me the pictures." She said placing her hand around him. 

"Oh, the pictures," he spoke turning towards her. He lay on his side propped up on his elbow handing her the phone. She happily swiped through the gallery while he placed his arm around her. 

"That's.."

"Big Ben!" Anika answered, "I know!" He smiled gazing at her smile. He had grown so fond of everything about her. Oh, he definitely loved that smile.

"That's Bond Street!" Shivaay spoke as a picture came up followed by his selfie.

"You take awful selfies!" Anika remarked. "Look at this, half your face has some light over it and the other half doesn't. " she frowned pointing to the screen.

"The full face is here right next to you. You can even kiss, you know?" He argued.

Anika giggled looking up at him. She turned and pecked on his lips. 

"That was nice, but you can do better, Mrs. Oberoi." Anika grinned widely and placed the phone down. She turned to face him. He landed his head on the pillow. She held his face leaning closer for a proper mouth kiss.

"Our position sucks," Shivaay spoke when she broke the kiss. Saying that he quickly flung his leg over her, getting on top of her. 

"Shivaay, I haven't shut the door," Anika said before he could claim her mouth.

Shivaay turned to the door that was ajar. "We are just kissing!"

"Shivaay," Anika pleaded placing her palm on his chest to keep him away.

"Anika!" He exclaimed irked.

"Just shut the door, Shivaay. There's time for dinner anyway." 

Shivaay rolled his eyes and got off her quickly making it to the door. When he turned her words sank in. "Oh, it seems like someone definitely missed me!" He teased unbuttoning his shirt.

"Happy slow realization!" Anika mocked as she saw him stare at her. 

* * *

A month later: 

"Shivaay, no!" Anika reprimanded whacking his hand off her thighs. She got off the bed hurriedly to change. Shivaay and she had started a new routine. Thanks to the fact that Anika was tired of his vigorous appetite. Shivaay's libido was getting hard for Anika to keep up with. Especially his morning urges. They had seen an online couple counselor after she had voiced her thoughts. She did think, Shivaay would get mad at her. Surprisingly he didn't. He was cross with her for a day and cranky for a week, but he agreed to take up the online counselor.

So they had together charted out a regular schedule. The mornings would begin with physical exercise. While Anika opted for yoga, Shivaay was suggested to go for intense workouts. They usually did their exercise routine together on the terrace. They had also added game time and movie time to their lifestyle. They went out a lot even on weekdays. Basically spending time with each other but not having sex. 

"Anika, how can you prefer this to sex?" Shivaay mumbled climbing up the last step.

"Sh," Anika warned him spreading out her yoga mat on the terrace floor.

Shivaay stood with folded arms looking at her. The yoga slacks and the gym vest made her look more tempting to him. Not to miss mentioning when she started those breathing exercises and weird postures. 

"Standing and watching me won't help you make abs," Anika remarked. 

Shivaay rolled his eyes and spread out the mat. Anika had challenged him to get abs. She said she'd be okay with even four. She thought he had a potbelly. He refused to agree. He had a flat stomach or so he believed. Anika's tummy was more protruding than his. He obviously didn't point that out. 

He began with stretches looking at her.

"Can you stop looking at me and focus on getting your abs?" Anika asked irked. He literally stripped her with his eyes.

"I am... what's making you so bothered?" He teased flexing his neck muscles.

"I think you should work out with Rudra in his gym from tomorrow!" Anika replied.

"Fine, I am turning around. I know you love checking out my butt anyway,"

"You're such a dirty talker!" Anika mumbled closing her eyes. 

"You get wet with that!" Shivaay grinned commenting.

Anika shook her head with a smile playing on her lips. Their day started like that with teasings and banters. She preferred that to morning sex any day. Besides she felt they bonded much better. They did things together like solving crosswords to watching movies at night. 

That no way meant their sex life had ceased to exist. No way. They still were passionate in bed. Initially, Shivaay was very cranky not getting enough. They had actually decided on how many times a week and other stuff like that.

Life was running well. There was one tiny glitch that still bothered Anika. He never said he loved her. Never. It was always like. Not love. He was doing everything to be the best. But Anika was still stuck at those three words. She had never said those three words again. At times she did want to do it again plan a romantic confession date for him. But she didn't do it. Her fear got the best of her. 

They did fight too. Most times it was because their moods didn't match. He wanted to make love and she wanted to sleep. There were times when she'd come home pissed because of her manager. There were times when they'd fight about who skipped making the bed. The list went on. But they never let anything, any argument go beyond a day. 

Shivaay walked into the bathroom with Anika. Bathing together was like a routine. With no hanky panky, at most times. He was appalled how his once upon a time shy wife, would actually let him touch her in the shower. It had actually become their favorite thing to do together, after kissing of course. 

"Anika," he whispered in her ears as his hands worked on lathering her back. Anika blinked knowing what that meant. They were usually silent while taking the shower. Anika actually enjoyed his hands touching her everywhere. It was just utterly intimate. She liked showering with him. They knew what the other liked and how they liked it. 

"Hmm," she responded tilting her head a little. 

He kissed her shoulder. Anika smiled. He generally was a gentleman in the shower. His kiss was enough for her to know what he needed. She turned around, turning off the knob. He looked at her with eyes dilated with desire.

He stepped close to her until she was against the wall. His hands touched her body and where he pleased. She gasped not breaking eye contact with him. Soon his tongue was inside her mouth making her all hot. She felt his one hand reach between her legs. "Oh, Shivaay!" She moaned softly.

He smirked as she closed her eyes enjoying his touch. "Touch me, Anika!" He hissed while his mouth went down her neck. He bit hard at her bosom as her long fingers wrapped around him. "Fu-k!" He cursed leaning over her. 

They let passion consume them and fulfilled the other's needs affectionately with patience. 

Again, this story never went as I planned. I just didn't want cliche jealousy tracks, fights or twists. Hence, I tried keeping it simple. I hope this one didn't disappoint. Feel free to tell me if it did. 

-Anami!♡

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

461K 20.7K 44
Dreaming about the bright future with her husband, she entered in to hell with beast or heartless himself. She was dreaming about him. While his onl...
187K 14.9K 53
© @loveeagle_ ©️ALL RIGHTS ARE RESERVED Shivaay Singh Oberoi: A successful business tycoon. Arrogant, Ruthless person for world, a loving, caring fam...
134K 12.8K 34
Finally, their 5 years of marriage came to an end. He wanted to stop her from leaving him but his ego didn't let him do that also some part of him be...
257K 15.7K 37
A story of separation and longing for love. Shivika, got married after facing many troubles because of his mother Pinky Singh Oberoi. But his one mis...