Attraction Is The Easy Part...

By anamika_writes

• • • • Attraction is spontaneous, but Relationship is not. • • • • Shivaay has celebrated celibacy so far. H... More

P R E L U D E
Chapter 1 : Meet Him
Chapter 2 : Meet Her
Chapter 3 : The Dinner
Chapter 4 : Meeting Again!
Chapter 5 : Amidst Confusion
Chapter 6 : Yes or No?
Chapter 7 : Wedding On The Cards?
Chapter 8 : Laughter and Smiles
Chapter 9 : Hues Of Romance
Chapter 10 : Slow Dancing
Chapter 11 : Awkward Affair
Chapter 12 : Warm Advances
Chapter 13 : Confusing Proximity
Chapter 14 : Exquisite Experience
Chapter 15 : Dazed Curiosity
Chapter 16 : Impassioned Encounters
Chapter 17 : Flaming Fondness
Chapter 18 : Unforeseen Circumstance
Chapter 19 : All in a day's time
Chapter 20 : Healing Time
Chapter 21 : Inevitable Affinity
Chapter 22 : Comforting Closeness
Chapter 23 : Shedding Diffidence
Chapter 24 : Subtle Seduction
Chapter 25: Fervent Temptation
Chapter 26 : Growing Fondness
Chapter 27 : Consuming Attraction
Chapter 28 : Gratifying Mornings
Chapter 29 : Boiling Desires
Chapter 30 : Unexpected Encounters
Chapter 31 : Of Bygones
Chapter 32 : Of Bygones (II)
Chapter 33 : Temporary Fixtures
Chapter 34 : Life Goes On
Chapter 35 : Completely Smitten
Chapter 36 : Insatiable Needs
Chapter 37 : Cherishing Togetherness
Chapter 38 : Sparks Of Love
Chapter 39 : Reality Checks
Chapter 40 : Something Like Love
Chapter 41 : Of Flowers and Hearts
Chapter 42 : Perplexing Emotions
Chapter 43 : Between Heart and Mind
Chapter 45 : Making Mends
Chapter 46 : Talking Hearts
Chapter 47 : Sparkling Intimacy
Chapter 48 : A New Chapter
• Bonus Scene •

Chapter 44 : Strong Attachment

6.7K 792 379
By anamika_writes

It was Friday night. Shivaay sat with Omkara and Rudra by the common pool on the first floor of their mansion. "You know what's the advantage of these stupid plasters, I know those who really care for me," Rudra spoke. "The count is 67." He added.

"Sixty-seven people came to see you?"

"Yes," Rudra beamed.

Omkara chuckled, "And half of them were girls?"

"No, nine-tenth of them were girls," Rudra grinned. "I told you I am the heartthrob of the college."

"Rudra, that's not important. It's better to have one person who truly cares than a hundred who turn up because you're handsome or rich." Omkara told him, while Shivaay listened his thoughts still lingering around Anika. They hadn't spoken since last evening. 

"Bhavya didn't come," Rudra frowned evidently not happy about it.

"You were expecting her?" Omkara asked deciphering the hurt from his brother's tone.

Rudra shrugged, "Many people came. Even Saumya. She fights with me and we are never sweet to each other. I have embarrassed her so many times with my pranks but she still came. She also bought protein shakes and a poster that had a title Mr. Prankster, Get Well Soon. But Bhavya didn't even come. I am sweet to her. I always try to be there for her. I like her." 

Omkara put his arm around his brother. "Start caring more about Saumya then. Those who don't care for you don't deserve you."

Rudra nodded dejectedly and then looked at him observantly, "You seem happy off late,"

Shivaay glanced up at Omkara. Omkara shrugged and met Shivaay's gaze. Rudra was right, off late Omkara wasn't brooding he was cheerful. "Is it not a good thing?" Omkara asked.

"It is, it's nice to see you happy," Rudra tossed a warm smile hugging him. Shivaay smiled.

"But I can't say the same about Shivaay Bhaiya," Rudra spoke looking at him. 

"I agree," Omkara spoke looking at Shivaay.

"You still haven't made up with Bhabhi, have you?" Rudra asked confused.

"We are okay," Shivaay muttered looking away at the blue water.

"Shivaay, please. It's visible. You both don't even see each other in the eyes." Omkara spoke up.

"It will pass with time," Shivaay shrugged sighing. 

"Shivaay, are you serious? If she's upset you should make it up to her instead of sitting here and saying it will pass."

"O is right!" Rudra expressed his agreement.

"What do I do?" Shivaay asked.

"Take her out, a date maybe." Rudra grinned.

"Shut up," Omkara muttered. "I think you should go for the small things."

"Small things?" Rudra and Shivaay asked in unison turning towards Omkara.

"Yeah, small things. Like being there for her when she needs you. Helping her with things she can do on her own. Making her a cup of coffee." Omkara smiled reminiscing how he loved doing all that for Gauri. She'd go all aww and reward him with kisses. His wide smile wavered and he turned back to his brothers, "The subtle stuff like that.."

The two of them gaped at him. "Bhaiya, is this Omkara Singh Oberoi? Do you think his look-alike took his place?" Rudra asked dumbfounded. 

"Hey, what do you mean?" Omkara asked offended.

"You were the guy who went on professing how love was a scam and women were the deal-breakers. Now, you're saying all this, which makes me strongly believe that you've had a character flip or it's not you!" Rudra explained.

Shivaay chuckled, "Are you seeing someone Omkara?" 

Omkara glared at Shivaay. 

"No one," Omkara muttered.

"Yeah, because he's seeing many!" Rudra joked.

"It's not funny Rudra!" Omkara spoke sternly. "Anyway, I am tired. Good night." Saying that he walked away.

Shivaay regretted asking the stupid question.

"What happened to him Bhaiya?" 

"Must be tired and sleepy. Come on you need to sleep too!" Shivaay spoke helping his brother up.

"Are you sleeping with me today as well?"

"Yeah!" Shivaay muttered.

"On a serious note, you should make it up to her." 

Shivaay sighed. "I will."

* * *

Shivaay entered his room to change. Anika was working on her laptop. She looked up and quickly looked back at her screen. Shivaay shut the door and walked to his cupboard. Pulling out his clothes he walked into the bathroom to have a shower. 

He stepped out dressed in his night pants and a tee. Anika was busy arranging the desk. "Anika, I--"

"I know you'll sleep with Rudra!" She completed glancing at him. 

Shivaay stepped closer to her and she looked up. "Tell me what to do Anika? You're upset and I am the reason. I don't know what I can do to set things right."

Anika stared at him. She herself was unclear about their situation. She was unhappy that he didn't say he loved her but there was a slight relief that he didn't choose to lie. Maybe he'd never felt the way she felt for him. But that didn't mean she wasn't important to him. Her heart wanted more of him and more from him. But her mind knew she would be only disappointed keeping more expectations. 

"Anika?" He asked trying to hold her hand.

She dodged her hand way looking aside. She wanted to be stubborn. She wanted him to love her the way she loved him. Her hear- felt heavy. Was it really so hard for him to love her back? 

"Anika, tell me!" Shivaay pleaded. "I want us to get back to normal."

Anika glanced at him. She wanted to go back to normal too. She hated this distance between them. She missed sleeping in content in his arms and waking up to his smile. She missed the fun, the teasing, their stupid banters, and small talks. "Good night," she muttered, stepping away when he held her hand and pulled her towards him. Anika gasped shocked at his sudden action.

He looked into her eyes deeply. He leaned closer and Anika couldn't breathe normally. He messed up her breathing, her heartbeat, her mind, and pretty much everything, every single time. His look inked with longing made Anika go weak in the knees. Her gaze drifted down to his lips. They were only centimeters away. She gave in and closed the distance between them kissing him. The wet towel slipped from his hands and he pulled her closer deepening the kiss. A raw need that burned inside him got m the best of him.

Anika's one hand was still held in his grip. His other arm wrapped around her waist to keep her close. Anika's free hand reached the side of his face and quickly made its way to his hair. She tugged at them and pulled his head closer to hers. Their tongues mating in urgency. He pulled away staring at her. His hand gently releasing her wrist. A tear escaped from the edge of her eye. His eyes followed that tear and his thumb was quick in wiping it. He leaned and kissed her cheek, "good night!" He whispered softly walking out of the room hurriedly. 

He leaned over the railing outside his room once he had shut the door. Something really strong had transpired in there. That kiss had crazily got his heart jumping in need. Not his body, his heart. He felt terrible to see her cry, to see her so helpless. He hated the truth that he was the reason. He needed to do something. 

* * *

Shivaay only met Anika at the breakfast table the following day. Tej and Jhanvi had arrived that morning. There was a lot of chatter at the dining table. Jaanvi was talking to Anika. Tej was busy talking to Shakti and Pinky the topic was Rudra's carelessness. While Rudra was complaining and seeking Omkara's support. Shivaay sat silently aware of Anika's smallest movements. She glanced at him and their eyes met. Her heart skipped a beat and she quickly looked away. Shivaay quickly finished his breakfast and got off excusing himself. 

"Shivaay, stay at home today," Pinky spoke frowning.

"Mom, I will be back in two hours. It's important." He answered glancing at Anika. She looked up at him as though to acknowledge having heard him. She was surprised when he leaned and kissed her cheek softly. "Bye " he whispered and turned around walking away. Anika blushed noticing Pinky, Tej, and Jaanvi looking at her. It warmed her heart.

* * *

"Shivaay, can I speak to you for a few minutes?" Shivaay heard Kashsih's voice.

"Sure," he answered looking up. 

"I know this is not my place to ask,  but like a friend I just wanted to know if everything is okay between you and your wife after that dirty stunt that Shilpa pulled."

Shivaay was extremely professional at office. No one dared to talk to him about anything but work. But Kashish and Mehra were exceptions. "Yeah," he answered.

"Doesn't sound good," Kashish spoke sitting back on the chair. 

"She's been a little aloof since Shilpa approached her," Shivaay spoke earnestly. 

"I can relate to her." Kashish sighed and Shivaay looked up at her. She had divorced Dhruv because she had caught him cheating on her more than one once. She had forgiven him more than once for the sake of their kid Karan but had pulled the plug when she couldn't stand his cheating anymore. "Shivaay, just be there for her. She just needs small acts from you to strengthen her trust in you."

"I don't understand what she wants me to do about it. She trusts me but.." he blurted out and then paused immediately. He wasn't used to discussing his personal problems with everyone around.

Kashish smiled, "just be there with her. Do all of that she likes about you. Tell her often that you love her. Sometimes we women need a lot of small gestures and small affirmations. You'll be fine." 

Shivaay nodded smiling. "You and Mehra seemed to have warmed up after this case. Can I expect you both to work collectively at future stuff? Honestly, I think you both make a good team."

"I shall think about that. I hate working with men like Mehra, he thinks he's the best."

"Technically speaking," Shivaay began.

"Don't bother to complete that," Kashish spoke cutting him off. He chuckled while Kashish took leave.

* * *

"Bhaiya, you're on time!" Rudra spoke excitedly. "Come on sit next to Bhabhi!" He spoke waving rolled sheets in the air pointing to Anika.

Omkara shook his head, "More like, you have awful timing and you are stuck in Rudy's stupid game."

"Hey, O, it's not stupid!" Rudra argued irked.

Pinky chuckled, "Well Ru, it is stupid to him because he doesn't get to participate."

Tej chuckled, "Pinky is right!"

"Dad!" Omkara whined.

"I told you Omkara, my offer is still open. I am a pro at using the matrimonial websites. See, I found such a gem!" Pinky smiled proudly looking at Anika.

Shivaay sat beside her, greeting her with a brief "hey!" She gave a small smile acknowledging his greeting.

"Please, I don't want an arranged marriage, for God's sake!" Omkara muttered.

"So do you have anybody in mind?" Jaanvi quizzed smiling at him.

"No," he murmured looking at Shivaay and Anika who watched him carefully. "Rudra, what about those sheets?" Omkara asked to deviate everyone's attention off him.

"Oh okay, this. So since I was jobless I made this compatibility test for couples. Let's see who is the power couple at home!" He said excitedly looking at all of them. "This sheet has same questions that you're supposed to answer about yourself and then in the lower blank, about your partner. No cheating! So here we start Round one!"  

Everyone silently paid attention to Rudra. He stared at them dumbfounded. "Om, I need you to be my assistant I can't limp around."

"Great!" Omkara muttered sarcastically. He took the sheets, the paper board, and pens.

"Wait, Jeth Ji and Bhabhi are sitting next to each other, what if they cheat!"

"Are you serious Pinky?" Jaanvi rolled her eyes while Tej laughed.

"Okay, Pinky. Come on Shivaay, switch positions."

A brief silence fell once the six people started filling the forms. Omkara took a spare one and started going through it.

"O, it's meant for couples."

"I thought let me see how compatible I am with myself," Omkara exclaimed sarcastically. His eyes went back to the paper and he smiled. He was sure he'd get a hundred percent if Gauri was to verify his answers about her. 

"Okay one minute left!" Rudra warned.

"Thirty seconds!"

"Okay, time's up." 

They kept writing. "O, where are you lost? Collect their forms you should never be an invigilator at an exam. Students won't just get the extra time they'd cheat too."

"Shut up, Rudra! What did you eat for breakfast today?"

"I know I am smart. Happy late realization, now, get me their sheets." Rudra ordered and then asked everybody to sit with their spouse.

Omkara stared at him with folded arms. Rudra made a cute face, Om, please." 

"Better," Omkara muttered collecting the sheets.

"Alright, question one, what's your partner's favorite color?" Rudra read. "Two points to team TejVi and Shaky. But team Shivika is disappointing. 

Anika frowned, "Shivaay's favorite colors are deep shades of red, sky blue and black. Not my fault if he has so many!" 

Shivaay stared at her. "That's what I wrote."

"Yeah, but you got Bhabhi's favorite color wrong. 

Shivaay turned to Anika- "Isn't pink your favorite?"

"Blue and yellow!" She answered.

"Anyways next question, what's your partner's favorite sport!"

"Shakti Ji likes golf."

"Tej too!" Jaanvis smiled.

"Pinky like badminton. She used to be a champion apparently..."

"Shakti Jii, are you doubting that?"

"No, no."

Rudra grinned, "the senior couples get full two points again but Bhaiya disappoints again. You left it blank, while Bhabhi guessed right!"

"That's because Anika likes all kinds of sports."

"But she mentioned two here.." Rudra spoke holding the sheet up.

 "I like cycling and cricket!" Anika informed Shivaay.

"You never told me that!" Shivaay complained.

"Bhaiya, you haven't bagged a single point yet. Very disappointing from a gold medalist like you!"

Shivaay frowned. 

"Next question, What's your partner's favorite food? Shaky gets that right, But Dad, mom doesn't like roasted prawns. She likes brownies more. So half points there. And Bhaiya made a hattrick. Bhaiya, you didn't seem to have understood the question."

"Shut up, Rudra. I wrote Anika doesn't like ladyfingers and brinjals." Shivaay protested.

"But that doesn't mean she likes everything apart from that," Jaanvi argued.

" By rule of complements she does." Shivaay challenged.

"The question is not "like" Bhaiya, it's her favorite food!" Rudra challenged smirking. 

"Yes, that's paneer tikka!" Pinky answered. Anika smiled at her mother in law's enthusiasm, trying not to show how much Shivaay's wrong guesses hurt her.

"See, even Choti Maa knows that!" Rudra shook his head in disapproval.

"Next question, what're your partner's parents' names? TejVi and Shaky get it right but Bhaiya loses a point as usual." Rudra looked up at him frowning. "You wrote to Mr. and Mrs. Talwar!" He exclaimed.

"Harsh Talwar and Tanishka Talwar," Anika answered looking at Shivaay.

 Rudra continued talking while Shivaay felt bad. "I am sorry, I didn't know. It never came up..."

"It's okay," Anika said softly before looking back at Rudra.

"Shaky are leading with full points, TejVi are behind with one and Shivika are trailing way behind with just four points."

Omkara was observing Anika who sat directly across from him. She was blinking a lot her hands were fisted. His eyes drifted to Shivaay. He seemed uncomfortable with the entire thing. However, the other two couples were enjoying a lot to notice the tension between the younger couple.

"Final question of round one, What's your partner's favorite song?"

"Mere sapno ki Raani!" Pinky grinned while Shakti smiled. "He sang that for me on our tenth marriage anniversary! Ever since then it's been our favorite song!" She added.

The others chuckled. 

"Tej, is a Kishore Da fan, his favorite has to be Ek Ladki Bheegi Bhaagi Sii, after all, he was a Madhubala fan too!" Jaanvi smiled while Tej held her hand and kissed it affectionately. While Rudra whistled and hummed a romantic tune.

"Jaanvi's favorite song is Yeh Vaada Raha, Asha Bhosle, and Kishore Da." He smiled and she blushed.

Rudra shook his head sighing, "no points at all to Bhaiya Bhabhi. They left it blank."

"Why blank?" Pinky asked curiously.

"Because I prefer instrumentals to songs," Shivaay spoke and glanced at Anika. 

"And I don't have a single favorite!" Anika answered.

"Okay, time for Round Two," Ridra spoke rubbing his hands.

"No Rudra, whose going to set up the lunch table?" Pinky spoke getting to her feet.

Jaanvi ruffled Rudra's hair, "some other time baby!"

"Mom, please no baby!" Rudra protested.

"Oh my baby, do you want Mumma to sing a lullaby?" Jaanvi teased.

"Mom!" Rudra whined. Aniak quickly excused herself and hurriedly made her way up the stairs. Shivaay followed her suite. 

"Anika," he reached where she stood and placed a hand on her shoulder. She peeled the hand off her shoulder, not turning around. Shivaay took after steps and stood before her. 

"I am sorry,"

"You don't have to be, Shivaay," she spoke wiping her tears. She hated how she had turned into a cry baby. 

"Anika," Shivaay held her hands feeling extremely guilty. "I am really sorry. I am certainly not a good husband..."

Anika looked at him with her eyes reflecting her hurt.

"I am sorry. I didn't know anything on that list and you ... you knew everything so precisely! Anika... I don't know what I should do!"

Anika looked at him hurt. "Just try being the person you were before marriage Shivaay. The one who found ways of understanding me." She requested her eyes shimmering with both hurt and love. Pulling her hands away from his she stepped aside and then walked to the washroom.

Waiting to read your take on the chapter as usual! :)

-Anami ♡

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

162K 12.6K 32
Love seems to give a tougher way out for both Shivay and Anika. Shivay is not ready to accept Anika and Anika is already head over heels in love wit...
22.9K 2.3K 44
Annika Vardhan Trivedi and Shivaay Singh Oberoi find themselves engaged in a marriage of convenience orchestrated by their families at a very tender...
697K 47.8K 81
What would happen when two individuals who don't wish to get married and never believe in the concept of love get married? Will their relationship la...
411K 32.6K 47
Shivaay Singh Oberoi, a business tycoon, wants to marry as soon as possible due to circumstances. Anika, an orphan, is in immediate need of money. ...