Dynasty: The Building ✓

By Queen_Selenium

Kim Eun-Ji , a simple girl in the present time gets thrown back in the past for a reason she doesn't know. No... More

Readers
Prologue
01
02
03
04
05
06
07
08
09
10
11
12
Dear Readers
Dear Readers
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
New Book Cover!
40
A Question
41
42
43
44
45
46
48
49
50
51
52
53
A/N

47

1K 34 4
By Queen_Selenium

Dynasty:The Building

Kim Eun-Ji

Bloop.

Bloop.

I opened my eyes, hearing water droplets. I sat up, feeling water dripping from my back, everything was dark but there was a golden light underwater.

“ Where the hell am I? ”

I looked around the pitch dark room the glow from below didn't reach the corners of this place. I gasped.

“ I am DEAD...! ”

“ Not quite. ” a voice echoed.

I looked up to see Ji Eun standing in front of me. “ Ah! ” my hand flew to my chest, almost fooling myself into feeling my heart would fall from my chest.

“ Ji Eun...is this your doing? You really wanted me dead? ”

She shook her head. “ I don't. But they do. ”

“ Who? ”

“ They do not go by any name. ” she approached me and knelt down to my level. “ But they are after your life as you shouldn't be where you are. ”

I looked down and stared at the glowing light below me.

“ That's your life. ”

I looked up at Ji Eun to see her gazing at the light.

“ It used to glow brighter than that. It used to light up this whole place. ”

“ What happened? ”

“ You happened to be lost in time. You are slowly dying. Very. ”

I raised a brow at her. “ Seriously? ”

“ I do not jest. Your body is giving up, your insides are slowly bleeding. Your brain... it's shutting down. It's a consequence. A slow death for people like you. ”

“ People like me? ”

“ You are not the first to ever jump back in time. There are others as well. If the catchers cannot catch you, it's all right, you die anyway. ”

“ Thanks for being honest. ”

“ Oh you will be thankful. You should go to the coffin. ”

“ I'm NOT going to BURY myself alive. ”

“ I know! Just please bear with me, I am trying to help you. If you die here, you die in your present time as well. Your body which is currently in a coma right now, is going to collapse.”

“ What? ”

“ Trust me, it's not worth it to live here. If you do stay, they will kill everyone involved with you, romantically or not. They will kill anyone and will leave no traces of you ever living. So what if you become someone worth remembering? A plague will be released and all who have known you will die, it won't matter if it's a whole nation. ”

I covered my mouth with my hand. A tear escaped my eye. I couldn't be selfish. I can't.

“ Do you want that? All your loved ones? Dying? The only way to save them and yourself is to go back. ”

“ I can't possibly leave...I- ”

“ I know... You love him and he loves you, in the near future he plans to marry you but it can't happen. Alright? I can't let the people of Silla die. ”

“ What? Just because of my existence...my influence... people are bound to die?! ”

“...yes. ”

“ That's a pathetic reason to die...” I closed my eyes, feeling tears fall down and join the water around me.

Love

Or

Life?

Just when everything is looking up, something always goes wrong. Maybe it wasn't meant to be.

3rd Person POV

Eun-Ji cried silently, though she was unconscious. Ji Eun put hand on her shoulder.

“ ...Wasn't love supposed to be worth fighting for? ” She whimpered.

“ ... It's not always right to fight for something. ”

“ Then, is it wrong? Why? ”

Ji Eun sighed inaudibly. “ I don't know. It is not wrong to love...I...I don't know. ”

Eun Ji looked down.

||Time Skip||

“ Halt! ” Ji So raised her voice in a commanding manner.

The man, who was holding a dagger above Eun-Ji's form froze. He sighed.

“ Guards! ” Ji So called.

“ I didn't want to take your life before hers, but you leave me no choice. ” the man tried to swing at the queen but his dagger was blocked by a the commandant's sword.

The man got into a small fight with the commandant. Ji So stayed beside Eun-Ji's unconscious body in order to protect her as more guards came along and seized the criminal.

Ji So looked down at him, he was forced to kneel by the guards. “ Who ordered you to assassinate the princess? ”

“ We are coming to take her life. But I see no use to convince you to hand her over to us since you are deeply attached and no reason will change your mind. No matter, we'll just end all of you first then finally, her. ”

The Queen got down to meet his eyes. “ I see that you will give no information regarding your master. Know this, I don't care how many of you are there who are after my children. None of you will be able to lay a single finger on her. ” she eyed him hardly before standing up and ordering the guards to imprison him.

“ Get Pa Oh. ” Ji So commanded, trying to calm her breathing. She was scared and confused but it didn't matter.

A few moments later, Pa Oh arrived.

“ Pe Ha, you called for me? ”

“ I want you to protect Ji Eun at all costs. If anyone tried to spy, trespass or do anything suspicious, kill it. I care not who it is, I do not want anyone harming the princess.”

Pa Oh bowed. “ Understood, Pe Ha.”

A gasp interupted the two, causing all three of them to look at Eun-Ji who just woke up.

The Queen wasted no time and walked over to her side. “ You will be safe, none will harm you as long as I am here. ” she promised, her eyes assuring the young lady.

Eun-Ji stayed quiet and looked up at the Queen. She smiled a little, she didn't know what happened but she feels as if she knows what she is talking about and having her say that she will make sure she is protected melted the young lady's heart.

Eun-Ji knew this was one of the reasons why. She was one of the reasons why she didn't want to leave. She showed her what a mother is even just a bit and even if it is not perfect. It's not perfect and it's not much but the thought...it is there. She cares.

Eun-Ji was lost in thought as she stared at the older woman's reassuring eyes. Her hand unconsciously reached up to hold her hand.

For Ji So, it was enough. Just looking at her eyes and her subtle smile. She knew. She was thankful.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.7K 107 10
Y/N is a transferred girl from Japan... she went to Seoul because her dad had some business affairs... her mum passed away when she was three, so her...
934 145 11
In which two childhood best friends get one last chance to reveal their true feelings After three busy years, she got a call from someone she thought...
593 28 23
Reader x BTS. This story starts as 4 best friends. The three friends fell for an ordinary girl from their pasts. Little did they know, this story was...
14.1K 580 12
In which two strangers meet at the wrong time, breaking each other's heart. Hyunjin needs a fake girlfriend to show his ex that he can move on. Won...