Trump Card

By Karishma357

This is a book two continuing of Alone And Pregnant. This book is based on Veronica Johnson and her being kid... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Sneak Peak of 11
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Sneak Peek of 13
Chapter 13
Sneek Peek of 14
Chapter 14
Sneek Peak of 15
Chapter 15
Sneek Peak Of 16
Chapter 16
Sneek Peak Of 17
Chapter 17
Sneak Peek of 18
Chapter 18-(The Next Victim Crossover)
Sneak Peek of 19
Chapter 19
Sneak Peek of 20
Chapter 20
Sneak Peek of 21
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
COVID-19 - IMPORTANT MUST READ
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Sneak Peek of 27
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Crossover Details
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Sneak Peek of 47
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Sneak Peek Of 53
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Sneak Peek of 55
Chapter 55
Sneak Peek of 56
Chapter 56
A/N do read :) The Truth
Sneak Peek Of 57
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
A/N
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Merry Christmas
Chapter 72
Sneak Peek Of 73
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Final Chapter
IG Account// New
Its Finally Here!!!!!

Chapter 29

132 9 0
By Karishma357

"Let me know if you need anything." Michael said and I look at him.

"Uh..." I started but he cut me off.

"I mean...if Chelsea isn't better or if you're feeling sick or anything." He said.

"Oh. Sure, goodnight." I said.

"Goodnight." He said before leaving.

******
The Next Day.....
Scott's POV...

I was going to interview a new person today. Hopefully, I finally get my Secretary or more like a personal assistant. I mean Brandon usually do these things! Alright here goes.

I walk into the room looking at the file in my hands as I sat down in my seat.

"Good morning." I said.

"Good morning Mr Johnson." A familiar female voice said. I look to make sure I heard right.

"It's you!" I said looking at Ivy.

"Hey." She said.

"How...I mean why are you here?" I ask.

"Is that one of the interview questions?" She ask with a laughing tone.

"Oh...uhm..sorry." I said laughing. Maybe I should interview her... I'll get to know more about her.

"Alright. Well lets start then. I mean we don't have to but if my brother where to come and find out I just took in someone he'll probably give me a leave." I said. Sorry Bran...I had to use you a little.

"No problem. Where is your brother?" She ask.

"He's uh...away." I said. I can't really tell her what he's doing.

"Oh." She said.

"Alright let's start. Your name is Ivy Lawrence. Is it your birth name?" I ask.

"I...yes it is." She said.

"Okay. You're twenty seven years old?" I ask.

"Yes." Damn! She's older than me but it wouldn't bother me.

"What are your graduated subjects?" He ask.

"Uhm...I..isn't it on the resumé form?" She ask.

"Oh right." I said stupidly.

"So why did you decide on working here?" I ask.

"Because I've recently move here and desperately need a job. A friend of mines recommend here." She said.

"Really? Mind if I ask who this friend is?" I ask and she seem to get a bit nervous.

"I..." She started but someone walk into the room and spoke.

"I did." She said. I look up to see none other than my cousin.

"Lesley?" I ask. Ivy then look back.

******
Ivy's POV....

"Lesley?" Scott ask. I then look back and i immediately went to shock.

"Sorry I eavesdrop. But I have something for you to see." She said as she place her eyes on me smiling. She's such an smartass isn't she?

"How do you two know each other?" He ask.

"We go back." I said smiling as she look at me.

"We sure do." She said.

"Well in that case. You're hired. Welcome aboard." Scott said shaking my hand.

"Thank you." I said.

"You can start from tomorrow." He said.

"Or she can start now?" Lesley said. Crap! I already have plans for today.

"Uhm...that's not a problem if she wants to." He said.

"I can show her around if you want?" Lesley said smiling with pure evilness in her voice.

"You don't have to take all that trouble." I said trying for her to give up.

"Its no trouble." She said.

"Good idea. You both can catch up." He said.

"I'm sure we both would love to, right Irene?" She said and I look at her with a nervous face.

"Its Ivy, Irene's dead remember?" I said with a furious angry tone.

"Whose Irene?" Scott ask.

"It's her, Ivy..." She started and I look at her then at Scott who look a bit confuse.

"Ivy's sister." Lesley then finish her sentence looking at me.

"Oh. Sorry about your lost." He said.

"Thanks." I said as I look at Lesley with boiling blood.

******
As I walk left Scott's office I walk out with Lesley.

"What are you doing here?" Lesley ask.

"I should ask the same thing." I said folding my arms.

"I work here. This is my family's business. You in the other hand..." She said looking at me.

"You'll find out soon enough. Remember what I'm capable of Lesley." I said turning around and was about to walk out but she so first.

"Careful Irene...sorry I mean Ivy." She said and I turn to look at her.

"I'm not Irene. She's dead I hope you remember that!" I said leaving. I walk out the building and decided to make a call..

*******
Scott's POV....

The next day came by and Ivy came to my office.

"Hey." She said.

"Hey. You ready?" I ask.

"Sure, boss. What do I do first?" She asked with a smile.

"Well you can start by with this file. Your office is right across from mines." I said. I purposely gave her the office next to mines of course.

"Thanks. Uh... I'll get started." She said taking the file and walking out.

So should I ask her out for lunch? Or is it too soon? What if she denies? But even if she says no then no harm done, right?

"Ugh!!! Brandon! Where are you?!" I said leaning back on the chair and looking up at the ceiling.

******
Ivy's POV.....

After finishing up with the file it was almost time for lunch break so I had some time to pack up.

"Hey." Someone said knocking on my door.

"Mr Johnson. Come in." I said.

"You can call me Scott when there's no one around if you like." He said.

"Okay Scott." I said.

"I wanted to ask you something." He said.

"Sure." I replied.

"Well...for lunch, you know.... I was thinking maybe we can..." He started but my phone rang.

"Crap! Sorry, I need to take this. It's my sister." I said.

"No problem." He said. He then left and I then answered the phone.

******
After I ended the call I then grab my bag and left. As I was walking down to the cafeteria I bumped into Lesley again.

"Well, hello there." She said.

"What do you want now?" I asked.

"No need to get upset, I didn't say anything." She said.

"Whatever." I said walking pass her.

"I hope you remember who you are...Ivy." She said and we both turn around at the same time.

"And I hope you remember who I am and where you stand in front of me. I really don't mind showing you. Let's hope it doesn't reach that point, it won't be nice." I said with a threatening tone as she look at me furious while I smile.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Vote, comment & share❤

Sorry about the late update. I'll try not to repeat it again...

Click the star and leave your comments below....don't forget to follow me.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

659 158 22
Carry on living without parents is already hard for them. Angeline and Sarah have been living under a happy masks seeing the other's happiness. Mostl...
15.1K 248 36
This book is currently under a great deal of construction. I am switching it over to third person and editing it. The new version will be posted sepe...
45K 1.8K 33
🥉🥉Third Place in 'New Adult' Platinum Award 2020🥉🥉 Book 1 in The Gangleader's Obsession duology. Blurb: Shania Jakes has been through a life of...
84.1K 4K 42
"Why the secret?" "Secret? More like secrets. And why do you care anyway?" "Because secrets are like lies, and I always find the truth..." ••••• Elna...