Replay

By FramingTRS1996

Carter Sanders is just a normal 26 year old girl who just so happens to be the best friend of country music's... More

Chapter One; Coming Home
Chapter Two; The Big Party
Chapter Three; Modern Day Prodigal Son
Chapter Four; The Strange Dream
Chapter Five; Bad Kidnapper
Chapter Six; The Notebook
Chapter Seven; Halfway To Heaven
Chapter Eight; Nicest Kidnapper
Chapter Nine; Miss Carter Mae
Chapter Ten; The Almost Kiss
Chapter Eleven; New Prom Night
Chapter Twelve; Pott's Farm
Chapter Thirteen; The Kiss
Chapter Fourteen; The Diner
Chapter Fifteen; Home To Mama
Chapter Sixteen; Fully Clothed
Chapter Seventeen; Where's My Hat?
Chapter Eighteen; What The Shit!?
Chapter Nineteen; Woah!
Chapter Twenty; Not A Toy
Chapter Twenty One; Mohawks and Jackson
Chapter Twenty Two; Ice Cream and 'The Vow'
Chapter Twenty Three; You Dont Know?
Chapter Twenty Four; I Love You
Chapter Twenty Five; She Said Ass
Chatper Twenty Six; PA
Chapter Twenty Seven; Layin In The Floor
Chapter Twenty Eight; We Did It
Chapter Twenty Nine; Jack and Diane
Chapter Thirty; Hey Lovely
Chapter Thirty One; Jackson
Chapter Thirty Two; Brantley Please Don't
Chapter Thirty Three; Break up?
Chapter Thirty Four; Babies
Chapter Thirty Five; What's Wrong?
Chapter Thirty Six; Pep Talk
Chapter Thirty Seven; Awkward Repeat of A First Date
Chapter Thirty Eight; Don't Break Me
Chapter Forty; No way!
Chapter Forty One; You Have To Share
Chapter Forty-Two
Chapter Forty Three
Chapter Fourty Four

Chapter Thirty Nine; First Concert

2.8K 78 5
By FramingTRS1996

After Brantley went to sound check we all just kind of hung out on the bus before the show. I was sitting kind of diagonal from Brantley because I was talking to Sarah. I looked over at Brantley and noticed he was sleeping in his chair. He's worn out? Geez, it was my first time and I'm just fine. I pulled my phone out of my pocket and took a picture of him. He looks so cute when he's sleeping.. Well he looks cute all the time it's just even more so when he's sleeping.

"What are you gonna do with that picture?" Ben asked with a smirk.

I shurgged, "I don't know. I haven't decided I kinda wanna post it everywhere, but I also kinda wanna keep it for myself." I said.

"You should post that one. You'll have plenty of other times to sneak pictures of him while he's sleeping." Sarah said.

I thought about it for a second and she's right I will have plenty of other times to catch him while he's sleeping, "You're right. This picture is goin everywhere." I said. I heard everyone chuckle as I was posting the picture. I put it on Instagram and Twitter, I deleted my Facebook after this one crazy chick started messaging me asking me if Brantley slept naked and if we had sex like every night of the week. It was right scary so I got rid of Facebook. I heard Brantley's phone buzz since it was just chillin on the table beside him. I got up from my seat and walked over to him and planted myself in his lap.

"What're you doin?" Brantley asked sleepily wrapping his arms around me.

"Sittin on your lap. Am I not allowed?" I asked.

Brantley nodded, "You can." 

I kissed his cheek, "Good, check your phone. I heard it buzz a couple times." I said.

Brantley rubbed the sleep out of his eyes and grabbed his phone, "Did you have to do that?" Brantley asked looking at me.

I nodded, "Yes, I did have to. People want to see your cute face." I said poking his nose.

Brantley shook his head at me, "Payback, Angel. Remember that." He said with a devilous grin.

"I don't mind. I look cute when I sleep, unless I'm sick. You take a picture of me while I'm sick I'll throw up on you." I said pointing my finger at him.

"You wouldn't." He said.

"Don't try me." I said.

Brantley chuckled and we joined in with the conversations floating around. I was in an across the room conversation with Ben when my phone started ringing. I looked at the caller ID and stood up immediantly walking off the bus. Once I was outside I answered the phone, "Hello." I answered.

"Hi there. Is this Carter Sanders?" The woman on the other end said.

"This is she, may I ask whose calling?" Carter asked even though she already knew.

"This is Makayla from The Department of Social Services here in Georgia." She said.

"Okay, is this in regards to my application?" I asked.

"Yes ma'am. I'd like to schedaule an interview for you next Tuesday at eleven am. If that works for you?" She asked.

"That's perfect. Is the interview for the position I applied for or for another department? I was told that was a possibility." I asked.

"Hold on and I'll check that for you." She said.

"Alright, thank you." I said. I heard the bus door open so I looked back to see Brantley.

"Everything alright?" He asked.

I nodded and had a huge smile on my face, "Perfect." I said.

"Miss. Sanders?" She questioned.

"Yes, I'm here." I said.

"Okay, it looks like it's actually for two positions. The one you applied for originally and a mentoring program." She told me.

"Okay, what exactly is the mentoring program?" I asked.

"We assign you to Elementary, Middle, or High schools and you go in and just talk to children who might not have great homelives but not enough to be removed." She explained.

"Alright, thank you. You said the interview was next Thursday at eleven a.m., correct?" I asked just to double check.

"Yes ma'am. We look forward to seeing you." She said.

"I look forward to seeing you as well. Have a great evening." I said.

"Thank you. You too." She said.

Once I hung up the phone I turned around and Brantley was still standing there, looking slightly confused. 

I jumped up wrapping myself around him and he planted his hands firmly on my butt holding me up, "What're ya so excited about?" Brantley asked.

"I got an interview with social services next Thursday." I said still smiling.

"I didn't know you applied." He said.

I nodded, "Yupp, I applied before I moved and was gonna wait until I knew if I got the job or not, but I was ready to come home. I'm either going to work with kids with mental health problems or I'm going to be a mentor." I said.

"Wow, Angel, that's awesome. You've always talked about working with kids." Brantley said and smiled.

"I know. I love working with kids. I don't know what it is, but I love it." I said.

"You're great with kids. They're attractied to you like a maganet." Brantley said.

I shrugged, "I can't help it. You can put me down now, you know?" I said with a smirk.

"Maybe I don't want too." Brantley said and squeezed my butt.

"Brantley Keith Gilbert, put me down." I said smacking his chest. 

Brantley chuckled and put me down, "Not my fault you have an ass worth grabbing." 

I shook my head, "Men." I said and walked back onto the bus.

"Men better not be grabbing your ass. Only I can do that." Brantley said and of course the bus would be silent when he said that.

"Y'all out there grabbin ass, huh?" Kolby said raising an eyebrow and everyone else laughed.

I shook my head, "Your brother grabbed my butt and I made him put me down." I said.

"Okay, TMI." Kolby said holding his hands up. Everyone laughed again.

I sighed and sat in the chair Brantley had been sitting in and he sat on me, "You're gonna crush me." I said hitting Brantley's back.

"Did you just call me fat?" Brantley asked.

"No, you're just bigger than me." I said.

"You called me fat." Brantley said leaning back and crushing me even more.

"Sarah! Get him." I said still hitting his back.

"Sorry, Carter. You're in this alone." Sarah said.

"Kolby, get you're brother off me." I said.

"Come on B, don't crush her. I like having her around." Kolby said.

Brantley sat up but didn't get off my lap, "I won't completely crush her. I like havin her around too." Brantley said.

I smiled and slipped my hand under Brantley's shirt and scratched his back, truthfully he wasn't actually crushing me I just didn't want him to sit on me. We sat and talked for about another hour or so. Brantley and I had switched places only he didn't scratch my back he would just randomly poke my butt from time to time and I'd hit him and we both laughed. I swear I love this guy with all my heart, how I survived just being his friend for so long I'll never understand.

A knock on the bus door made everyone quiet down, "Come on in!" Brantley called out to the person.

I wasn't really paying attention to who walked onto the bus until I heard their voice, Luke Bryan. I might not listen to country muisc as much as most people but damn if I don't know who Luke Bryan is.

"Show starts in fifteen minutes, BG." Luke said and had that 'teeth brighter than my future smile'.

"Alright, Luke, I want you to meet my girlfriend." Brantley said and poked my butt again and I knew that was because he wanted me to stand up.

"Luke, this is Carter, Carter this is Luke." Brantley said.

"Nice to meet you." I said.

Luke pulled me into a hug, "Nice to meet you too, Darlin." Luke said let go of me. Well, friendly ain't he?, "You comin to the show?" Luke asked.

"I sure am. It'll be my first famous Brantley Gilbert concert." I said and looked over at Brantley and smiled.

"FIrst famous concert?" Luke questioned.

I nodded, "He's been puttin concerts on for me since I was seventeen."

"Oh, so y'all are like high school sweethearts." Luke said.

"Not exactly. We were best friends. Brantley was eighteen when I met him and I was fifteen." I said.

"Oh, the whole age thing. Got it." Luke said seeming to understand.

This time Brantley said something, "Yeah, she's seen it all." He said. I knew he meant the good and the bad. I'll still never forget when he called me drunk off his ass and I had to go get him.

*Flashback*
Carter- Seventeen
Brantley- Twenty

It was two in the morning and my phone was buzzing like crazy right beside my head. I didn't bother to look at the caller ID when I answered.

"Hello?" I asked sleepily.

"I need ya to come get me, Angel." Brantley said slurring over his words.

"Where are you?" I asked.

"My buddy Mark's place." Brantley said.

"I'm on my way. Please, just stay where you are."  I said.

"I love you, Angel." Brantley said.

"I love you too, BrantBear. Sit tight." I said and hung up before throwing on a hoodie and sliding on my flip flops. I snuck out of the house and went straight to Brantley. There were a bunch of guys and whores rubbing all up on them.

"Carter, see you came to join the fun." Mark, Brantley's buddy said with a skank attached to his hip.

"No, I'm here to pick Brantley up were is he?" I asked.

Mark pointed to the back door, "Out there with some chick." Mark said.

I sighed and thanked him before walking through the back door, of course some blonde haird twig bitch was sitting on his lap and whispering in his ear.

"Hey skank! Get off my boyfriend." I said. I had pretended to be Brantley's girlfriend more than once when he drunk and not aware of what he was doing.

She looked at me and scuffed before turning back to Brantley. Jesus, can't she just be a good whore and move on.

I grabbed her by her barely there shirt and pulled her off Brantley's lap, "I said get off my boyfriend." I turned to Brantley and helped him to his feet.

"Hey, you're here." Brantley said.

"I told you I would be." I said putting his arm around my shoulder.

"Thanks, Angel." Brantley said supporting himself enough to walk out of the house and get in my car before he slumped over and passed out. Wonderful.

I waited to call Kolby until I got to the house. Kolby came out and helped me get Brantley up to his room before he went back to bed. I stayed with Brantley for a littel bit to make sure he was alright. 

"Bye, BrantBear." I whispered and kissed his cheek.

Brantley's arm stretched out and grabbed my sweatshirt.

"Don't. Stay." Brantley said and pulled me into his bed and had the death grip on my sweatshirt. 

That was the first time I got caught sneaking back into my house.

*End Flashback*

I was smiling like an idiot and I knew I was but I didn't care. It might not have been the best flashback but it was me and Brantley. That was how our friendship worked.

"What're you smilin about?" Brantley asked.

I shook my head and let out a brethy laugh, "The night I had to go get you from Mark's. The first time I got caught sneaking back into the house." I said.

Brantley raised an eyebrow, "I don't remember that." He said.

"I pulled some blonde haird skank off your lap and had to get Kolby to help me bring you inside. I stayed there for a little to make sure you were gonna be okay. When I went to leave I kissed your cheek and put the death grip on my sweatshirt and made me stay with you." I said just giving him the basic run down.

"Oh, yeah. I remember that. You called me later that day and told me that you got caught sneaking back in. Jack and Diane knew you were with me cause you smelled like me." Brantley said.

I nodded, "That and you left your hat in my car." I said.

Brantley chuckled, "I was a mess back them." He said.

I nodded in agreement, "Yes you were but I would've liked ya either way." I said and smiled.

Brantley softly kissed me on the lips, "Let's get to the show." He said.

All of us went to the stage where Sarah and I had to stand off to the side. Brantley sang about three songs and he stopped to talk to the crowd for a little bit and then he went back to singing. He sand two more songs and stopped again to talk to the crowd again.

"As most of you probably know I recently got into a relationship with a girl I've known since I was eighteen years old. Well, she's here with me tonight and I fell like I need to play this song for her cause I actually told her that it was about her." Brantley said and looked over at me. I had a smile plasterd on my face and I couldn't wait to here this mystery song.

"Alright, here it goes." Brantley said and started strumming on his guitar.

A whisper away from changing everything

But is it safe to say such dangerous things?

And your hands are trembling

Girl, I'm weak in the knees

It's times like these

When silence means everything

More than anything

So fall when you're ready, babe

Let our kiss count the moments

And hearts set the pace

And I'll be your love song

And I'll love you right off your feet

Until you fall into me

Love ain't a race, there's no finish line

And I love a chance but don't leave me behind

'Cause, girl, we're both gambling

But I'm playing for keeps

It's times like these

When patience means everything

More than anything

So fall when you're ready, babe

Let our kiss count the moments

And hearts set the pace

And I'll be your love song

I'll love you right off your feet

And I'll fall for you every day

I'll cherish the moments, time can't erase

We'll be the love song

I promise you we're gonna sing

Girl, when you fall in me

Come on, baby, fall into me, yeah

I'm waiting, fall into me, fall into me, fall into me

A whisper away from changing everything

When Brantley finished singing I had tears in my eyes. It only took us tweleve years to get to this point but we made it and I couldn't be happier.

"That song is probably one of my favorite songs that I wrote. I wrote for her when I was twenty cause that's when I fell for her. My best friend, can you believe that? It took us twelve years. Guys, in the friendzone, don't always thinks it's forever." Brantley said and walked off stage.

I met him halfway and the crowd could just see us and Brantley knew that but apparently he didn't care cause he pulled me into a lingering passionate kiss.

"I love you, Angel." Brantley said when he pulled away.

I smiled and pecked his lips, "I love you too, BrantBear." I said. We walked back to the bus hand in hand. Once everyone was on the bus we made the quick drive to the hotel. Everyone said their goodnights and went our own ways.

"We gonna go right to sleep?" Brantley asked.

"I was thinking we could order a movie, get some room service, and cuddle." I said.

"That sounds perfect." Brantley said.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

18.1K 527 19
♡☆They're Baaaaack!!!☆♡ 《In a different storyline, of course》 Brantley and K.C had been friends for as long as they could remember. He always pr...
60.9K 2.3K 30
A small town baker. The resident bad boy of Jackson County. The push and pull. Words said like "yea we're done" or "moving on". But do you ever reall...
200K 6.2K 115
Savannah LaShae Miller, senior at the University of Alabama ,was doing a favor and working on Game Day in Bryant Denny stadium since her friend and...
35K 1.3K 21
What happens when two artists on top of their game are tossed together? Is there a past that stands the chance to be relived? Or collateral throughou...