Little Things

By fizzyfiction

A Niall Horan based fanfic. "I'm in love with you, and all these little things" Allyson Parker, a twenty year... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Spin-Off

Chapter 48

860 32 29
By fizzyfiction

/// I've been getting so much support for this story lately! Thank you so much for that! I love reading all of your comments and I love when you guys post on instagram showing how much you love Niall and Allyson (: Enjoy the chapter! x ///

It's been a week since I kissed Niall...or should I say, he kissed me.

Ever since then my lips have been longing for the touch of his and the warm sensation they brought. 

My concussion has been recovering, and in Dr. Jammeson's own words, "remarkably fast". He said it's unheard of someone to go through two traumatic events, and feel so much better within a few days. He also said he doesn't know what is causing the antidote to this speedy healing process, but I have a pretty good idea what, or rather who, is doing it.

I was discharged from the hospital and came home the morning after that miraculous day, and since then Niall has slept on the couch, since I am still supposed to be on crutches, due to my slightly fractured ankle, which became more inflamed after I ran out of my room, and the only thing that stopped all of that pain in the moment was pure adrenaline.

He has kept me company and even though I slept for the first few days pretty much for the length of them, he remained by my side. When I started to feel better, which happened rapidly, we would play simple board games, and he would tell me stories to take my mind off of my headaches.

I wasn't able to go to the Farmer's Market this week, which is kind of a disappointment because next week is the last one before the season is over. 

Tonight is the first night I have gone beyond the walls of my apartment since coming home from the hospital, so Niall and I are spending it at the common, by the duck pond where we spent one of our first few days knowing each other.

It's dark now, and the evening skies are glistening while the air is a bit chilly, but nothing too bad that a warm coat and gloves couldn't take care of.

"How's your head?" Niall asks, as we walk the perimeter of the calm body of water.

"Actually, hasn't bothered me for over three hours so I think that's a real improvement," I answer him, but he doesn't seem to be as proud as he usual is when I tell him I am feeling better.

Before we left, he was fussy in wearing warm clothes, but I ended up forcing him not only to wear his black trench coat, but also my yellow gloves and cashmere scarf. To my own surprise, he looks rather fashionable.

"Are you cold?" he asks, looking straight in front of us.

"I'm fine," I tell him, honestly. I have lived in Boston my whole life, I know how to deal with the fickle weather.

In the middle of the pond, there are two swans, swimming towards each other. One ducks it's head into the water, and the other just looks around, waiting for the other to come back up. When it does, they meet in the middle, moving around each other in circles. This small movement sends ripples throughout the entire pond, and it's rather beautiful. Then, they come together, wrapping their necks around one another and it's remarkable. 

"I've never seen a swan before," Niall says, and I realize we are both watching the two birds.

"Really?"

"Yeah, well no. I mean, not this close. Just in pictures and like far away."

I never took to consideration that there are people that have never seen the beauty of these elegant creatures. I never realized how lucky I was that I can come down to this quaint pond and watch them all night, if I really wanted too.

"I did see a group of geese biting each other's necks one time though, while I was in New York on tour," Niall says and I can't help but laugh.

"Oh really?" 

"Yep, really," he says, also bellowing his cheerful laugh that makes the butterflies in my stomach flutter all around.

"And one time we went to this crazy zoo in Australia and they had the strangest birds. Actually, they had some crazy animals in general," he says as we continue to watch the swans dance. Both of us are now standing only a few feet from the edge of the water.

"You've been to Australia?" I gasp, that is a major point on my bucket list to visit. I am envious of him for getting to experience a trip there.

"Yeah, a few times. It's really great. I've been a lot of places actually," 

"Where else?" I am genuinely curious. I bet with all the money he has, he can travel all the time if he wants too.

"All over the globe. Japan, Italy, Canada, Brazil, Portugal, just to name a few," he says and my jaw is dropped.

"That's so cool," I say so softly, to hide my jealousy.

"D'you like to travel?" he asks, turning to face me with his hands in the bottom of his pockets.

"Well, I haven't been far, never left the country, but I want too more than anything," 

"One day I want to take you around the world so you can see all the places I've been too," he says and my face blushes. Does he really mean it? Or is he just saying it now, in the moment?

"That-that would be really nice," I shyly admit.

We continue to walk down the path, by the trees and lit up lampposts. 

"But out of all the places I've been too, Boston is a favorite," he says.

"Yeah, okay," I laugh. Boston is my home, and always will be, but I can guarantee if I went to all of the places Niall has been too, it would be towards the bottom of my list.

"I'm serious. It gives off this nice vibe, and it's a large city with massive buildings, but it also has these small less packed places, like this common, and it's just truly magnificent. The foods great too, and don't get me started on the people," he says and I smile.

"I hear the people in Boston are pretty cool," I smirk.

"I haven't met everyone from Boston, but I know this one girl and she's really amazing," he says.

"Oh really?" I smirk.

"Yeah, her name's Shirley. I think you'd like her,"

"Not funny," I playfully swat at his arm and he laughs.

"Kidding, I'm kidding Jesus. You know it's actually you, I didn't even have to say it," he says and I don't reply, because I did figure so.

We continue to walk, as Niall does funny shuffle steps and skips for a little while.

"Allyson, do you want to sit?" he asks.

"No, I took pain killers this morning and I have my boot on so my ankles fine, I swear," I tell him, and I want to walk. I don't want to sit.

"Well that too, but it's not what I was talking about. I wanna...say something," he says, darting his eyes away from mine, and poking the toes of his shoes against the path.

"Oh, okay?" I answer, uneasily as we make our way to a nearby bench. Very similar to the one we sat at. It seems like ages ago we were in this common, when I realized how much I really liked Niall.

We don't say anything as we sit and watch the city that is still alive even at around ten o'clock in the evening. The buildings are all lit up for the most part that we can see from here, and the cars, trucks, and taxis zoom by.

"How are you? Answer honestly," Niall finally speaks up.

"Niall, I told you I'm fine," I roll my eyes. Is this really what this is about? My health?

"I just want to know you'd be okay to take care of yourself," he says, as we both stare off still watching the city.

"I have been taking care of myself, haven't I?" I am confused, I have been doing exactly what Dr. Jammeson has told me to do, and he knows that. He has been with me every day since, how could he not know? Maybe he's the one who should get his brain checked out.

"I meant without me," my heart sinks. 

"Oh," is all I answer at first. "I mean, yeah, I can take care of myself just fine on my own."

No one says anything and I wonder why he brought up the idea. I mean, I hope he doesn't feel obligated to stay at my apartment every night, he is more than welcome to stay in the hotel with the rest of his band.

"Niall, if you want to stay with your friends that's fine I can take care of myself, you can just tell me you want to be at the hotel I'm fine," I tell him. Not wanting to be an obligation to him.

"I want to stay with you," he says.

"Then why are you asking me this?"

He doesn't reply.

Neither of us have had any eye contact, and it's as if we are both talking into the swirls of the breezy wind in front of us.

"I just want to make sure you're okay before-before I leave," he mutters. And my head starts to slowly pain again. Is it the concussion?

"Oh."

A building across the street slowly starts to turn of the lights in the windows, and I assume the office workers are turning their lights off and going home.

"When do you uh, leave?" I manage to squeak out the words, anticipating what's to follow.

"Tomorrow."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

33.3K 697 66
Izzy is just a normal, 17 year old, teenage girl, who dreams of the day she will meet the one and only Niall Horan, and when she does, her whole life...
24.5K 794 33
My description is too long, so you may read it in the first part of this story!
1.7K 51 30
That's my first fan fiction so I guess it's an absolute crap, A girl meets Harry Styles as just another fan and many changes happens to both of their...
69 0 24
There's no explanation about this story. It's a 1D fanfic!! Take a try and read it :)