Harry and Amelia Potter

By bethkathyyy

Follow the lives of young wizards, Harry and Amelia Potter, and their friends Hermione Granger and Ron Weasle... More

1.1
1.2
1.3
1.4
1.6
1.7
1.8
1.9
1.10
1.11
1.12
1.13
1.14
1.15
1.16
2.1
2.2
2.3
2.4
2.5
2.6
2.7
2.8
2.9
2.10
2.11
2.12
2.13
2.14
2.15
2.16
2.17
2.18
2.19
2.20
2.21
2.22
2.23
3.1
3.2
3.3
3.4
3.5
3.6
3.7
3.8
3.9
3.10
3.11
3.12
3.13
3.14
3.15
3.16
3.17
3.18
4.1
4.2
4.3
4.4
4.5
4.6
4.7
4.8
4.9
4.10
4.11
4.12
4.13
4.14
4.15
4.16
4.17
4.18
4.19
4.20
4.21
4.22
5.1
5.2
5.3
5.4
5.5
5.6
5.7
5.8
5.9
5.10
5.11
5.12
5.13
5.14
5.15
5.16
5.17
5.18
5.19
5.20
5.21
6.1
6.2
6.3
6.4
6.5
6.6
6.7
6.8
6.9
6.10
6.11
6.12
6.13
6.14
6.15
6.16
6.17
6.18
6.19
6.20
6.21
6.22
6.23
6.24
6.25
6.26
6.27
6.28
6.29
7.1
7.2
7.3
7.4
7.5
7.6
7.7
7.8
7.9
7.10
7.11
7.12
7.13
7.14
7.15
7.16
7.17
7.18
7.19
7.20
7.21
7.22
7.23
7.24
7.25
7.26
7.27
7.28
7.29
7.30
7.31
7.32
7.33
7.34
7.35
7.36
7.37
7.38
7.39
7.40
7.41
7.42

1.5

4.8K 103 51
By bethkathyyy

The train blows its whistle and pulls into an outdoor station. Hagrid walks along the side aisle, with a lantern. People begin pouring out of the train.

"Right, then! First years! This way, please! Come on, now, don't be shy! Come on now, hurry up!"

Harry, Ron and I walk up to Hagrid.

"Hello, Harry. Hi, Amelia."

"Hey, Hagrid." My brother says.

"Whoaa!" Ron says in amazement.

"Please, Hagrid. Call me Mia." I tell him.

"Right then." He says smiling at me. "This way to the boats! Come on, now, follow me."

A number of boats are plugging across a vast lake, where up ahead a huge castle can be seen. People are in awe. I am in awe.

"Wicked." I mutter.

We make our way into the castle. On a higher level, An elderly witch is waiting. She raps her fingers on a stone railing, and then goes to the top of the stairs to greet the newcomers.

"Welcome to Hogwarts. My name is Professor McGonagall. Now, in a few moments, you will pass through these doors and join your classmates. But before you can take your seats you must be sorted into your houses. They are Gryffindor, Ravenclaw, Hufflepuff, and Slytherin. Now, while you are here, your house will be like your family. Your triumphs will earn you house points. Any rule breaking, and you will lose points. At the end of the year, the house with the most points is awarded the house cup."

A toad croaks at the foot of her and a scared looking boy spots it. He jumps forward.

"Trevor!" McGonagall stares down at him. "Sorry." He backs away.

"The sorting ceremony will begin momentarily." Then the witch leaves.

Then, a slicked back evil looking boy speaks up.

"It's true then, what they're saying on the train. Harry and Amelia Potter have come to Hogwarts." Students whisper our names. "This is Crabbe, and Goyle." He nods to his thugs. "and I'm Malfoy...Draco Malfoy." Ron snickers at his name. "Think my name's funny, do you? No need to ask yours. Red hair, and a hand me down robe? You must be a Weasley. You'll soon find that some wizarding families are better than others, Potters. Dont want to go making friends with the wrong sort. I can help you there." He extends his hand.

"I think we can tell who the wrong sort are for ourselves, thanks." Harry tells him.

"Malfoy was it?" I ask him. He nods with a glare. "Can you please move? I think Professor McGonagall is going to take us in now, and you're kind of in our way."

Draco glares. McGonagall smacks him on the shoulder with a paper. He retreats with one last glare.

"We're ready for you now." She leads everyone through two large doors and into the Great Hall, where there are four long tables with many kids, as well as floating candles. The roof appears to be the sky.

"It's not real, the ceiling." Hermione whispers to me. "It's just bewitched to look like the night sky. I read about it in Hogwarts: A History."

"You must lend me that book." I tell her and she smiles.

"All right, will you wait along here, please?" The Professor guides us through the tables and gestures to an open spot in the front of the grand room. "Now, before we begin, Professor Dumbldedore would like to say a few words."

Dumbledore rises from the main table.

"I have a few start of term notices I wish to announce. The first years please note that the dark forest is strictly forbidden to all students. Also, our caretaker, Mr. Filch," He signals to ragged old man with a cat with red eyes, "has asked me to remind you that the 3rd floor corridor on the right hand side is out of bounds to everyone who does not wish to die a most painful death. Thank you."

"When I call your name, you will come forth, I shall place the sorting hat on your head, and you will be sorted into your houses." Professor McGonagall begins. "Hermione Granger."

"Oh, no." She whispers.

"You'll be fine. Go on." I gently push her forwards.

"Okay, relax." She tells herself and goes up to the stool.

"Mental that one, I'm telling you." Ron whispers to Harry and I. Harry nods in agreement. I slap both of their arms.

"Be kind, boys."

"Ah, right then...hmm...right. Okay...Gryffindor!!" The Sorting hat says after it's placed on Hermiones head. Cheering erupts at the Gryffindor table. She jumps off with a smile.

"Draco Malfoy."

Draco saunters up proudly. The tattered hat nearly freaks before touching down on Dracos head.

"SLYTHERIN!"

"There isn't a witch or wizard who went bad who wasnt in Slytherin." Ron tells us.

"Well then it makes sense why he's in there." I whisper back and both boys agree.

"Susan Bones."

A small, redhead goes up. I look around and spot a black haired, pale teacher looking at me. My scar starts to hurt.

"Ahh!" I wince in pain and place my hand on my forehead. Harry does the same.

"Harry, Mia, what is it?" Ron asks.

"Nothing...it's nothing, we're fine." Harry says looking to me.

"Let's see...I know...Hufflepuff!" The sorting hat exclaims.

"Ronald Weasley."

Ron gulps and walks up. He sits down and the hat is put on.

"Ah! Another Weasley. I know just where to put you...Gryffindor!!" He sighs in relief and walks over to the cheering table.

"Harry Potter."

Everything goes silent. Harry walks up and sits down.

"Well, if youre sure...better be...GRYFFINDOR!!"

There is an immense cheering and Harry goes to the Gryffindor table. Fred and George are also there, and cheer, "We got a Potter! We got a Potter!" Harry sits down.

"Amelia Potter."

I take in a deep breath and walk up to the stool and take a seat. As soon as the hat is placed on my head, it begins talking.

"Another Potter. Yes, lots of courage, excellent mind, great for Ravenclaw, a rule breaker, but for all the right reasons. Where to place you? Slytherin perhaps?"

"Not Slytherin. Not Slytherin." I mutter to myself.

"Not Slytherin? Are you sure? I would expect great things from you and your brother, and I'll tell you what I told him. Slytherin could lead you on your path to greatness. But...."

"Please, anything but Slytherin." I whisper.

"Well, I suppose you know you better than I do. Better be.... GRYFFINDOR!"

I sigh in relief and plaster a huge smile on my face. My brother and Ron shoot up and begin clapping and cheering along with my other new housemates. I walk over to the table and give Harry, Ron, and Hermione a hug.

McGonagall dings on a cup. "Your attention, please."

"Let the feast...begin." Dumbledore states.

Food magically appears on all the tables, and the hall is filled with awe and chatter.

"Wow." Harry and I say in unison.

Ron stuffs his face. I grab a chicken leg, add a scoop of corn and mashed potatoes to my plate and then take a roll.

A tiny boy, who I learned to be named Seamus Finnigan, speaks.

"I'm half and half. Me dad's a Muggle. Mam's a witch. Bit of a nasty shock for him when he found out."

Neville, the boy with a toad, laughs.

Harry is sitting next to Percy, Ron's older brother. He leans over.

"Say, Percy, who's that teacher talking to Professor Quirrell?"

"Oh, that's Professor Snape, head of Slytherin house."

"What's he teach?" I ask.

"Potions. But everyone knows it's the Dark Arts he fancies. He's been after Quirrells job for years."

Ron, having just finished a chicken wing, reaches into the bowl for more, and a ghostly head pops out. "Ahh!"

"Hello! How are you? Welcome to Gryffindor."

Numerous ghosts come pouring from the walls, sailing over the tables.

"Hello, Sir Nicholas. Have a nice summer?" Perch asks.

"Dismal. Once again, my request to join the headless hunt has been denied." He begins to leave.

"Hey, I know you! You're Nearly Headless Nick!" Ron tells him.

"I prefer Sir Nicholas if you don't mind."

"Nearly headless? How can you be nearly headless?" Hermione asks.

"Like this." He grabs his head and pulls it to the side. His head is hanging on just by a thread.

"Oh my." I sigh out, in awe of what I just witnessed.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10K 195 28
In which °• a young single mother tries to go through life•° °•°•° JILY and Regulus survives! Voldemort dies by comes back in GOF! Peter never betray...
6.1K 78 36
Raven Potter has spiralled into trouble as the near expulsion of her and her twin brother takes place, the death of her best friend Cedric Diggory oc...
261K 8.1K 56
Y/N Y/L/N is a shy, quiet, smart and hard-working girl who is sorted into Slytherin. Her father, Y/F/N Y/L/N, is keeping a secret from his own daught...
349K 9.6K 105
Y/N L/N, a young half-blood gets his letter from Hogwarts we follow his strange, and quite dangerous adventures, along with his friend Harry Potter. ...