Magic Mania Online

By YenSkiiee

It was the year 2065 and a game only exclusive to a device called CraniaSole was made. MagMa Online or Magic... More

Prologue
Chapter 1: The Fanta Fly Tourney
Chapter 2: Trapped
Chapter 3: A New Life And Skill Trees
Chapter 4: Expedition
Chapter 5: Dungeon
Chapter 6: Shy Healer
Chapter 7: Rest
Chapter 8: Varix
Chapter 9: Skill System
Chapter 10: Changes
Chapter 11: Treant Encounter
Chapter 12: Rebirth
Chapter 13: Trip
Chapter 14: Little Shopping
Chapter 15: The Hedian Labyrinth
Chapter 16: The Chamber of Death
Chapter 17: Turn Around
Chapter 18: Scoropede Down
Chapter 19: The Return To Hedia
Chapter 20: Preparations
Chapter 21: Varix vs. Sigrun
Chapter 22: A Trouble Arises
Chapter 23: Hero And Leader
Chapter 24: What Lies At The End
Chapter 25: First Stop
Chapter 26: "Lead"
Chapter 27: To The Mountain Top!
Chapter 28: Mountain Battles
Chapter 29: The Peak
Chapter 30: Back to Kelgar
Chapter 31: To The North!
Chapter 32: Arfoyd Caves (Part 1)
Chapter 33: Arfoyd Caves (Part 2)
Chapter 34: Arfoyd Caves (Final Part)
Chapter 35: Vrojen and the Nefarious Hands
Intermission 1
Chapter 36: The Vrojen Royals
Chapter 37: Establishing A Relationship
Character Illustrations
Chapter 39: Party Briefing
Chapter 40: Shall We Dance?
Chapter 41: Learning Magic
Chapter 42: The Plan To Uncover
Chapter 43: Just Keep Reading!
Chapter 44: Experiment and the Results
Chapter 45: The Industrial District Pt. I
Chapter 46: The Industrial District Pt. II
Chapter 47: Collecting the Pieces
Chapter 48: The Start of the Next Phase
Chapter 49: A Mild Greeting
Chapter 50: Enjoying the free time
Chapter 51: A Date With The Energetic Healer
Chapter 52: House Investigation
Chapter 53: Draughn's Dungeon
Chapter 54: The Feral One
Chapter 55: The Queen's Chamber
Chapter 56: A Not-So-Typical Queen
Chapter 57: For the Rest of the Day
Chapter 58: Change of Plans
Chapter 59: Angels?

Chapter 38: The King's Quest

162 11 0
By YenSkiiee

Time swiftly went by and before eveyone knew, night is already coming. The moon began its ascension to its rightful throne slowly as the sun retreated on the horizon, following the moon were its companions, the stars who never failed to shine and light the dark night sky. Strangely, the foreign world had similar constellations and famous, bright stars that outshone the others, such as the constellation of Orion, and the star Rigel. It reminded every Adventurer who gazed at the sky that no matter how foreign or far a place could be, they're still accompanied by the same stars that they've been looking at since the beginning of eternity.

For most, this particular time indicates that they're day is already over, the only thing left to do for them is to go back to their homes, have time with their family and have a good rest to prepare themselves for another cavalry in their lives that awaits them on the next day, however, the day isn't done yet for the Adventurers. They still have yet to attend a celebration in the royal family's castle as told by the king himself.

"Oi Nimbus, you good?" Jouzu asked as he knocked on the door.

"Almost done, fine men like me take time in grooming y'know?"

"All right, I'll wait for you outside then. I don't want to tire myself from waiting." bidding Nimbus a goodbye, he went out of the inn, sitting on a nearby bench just a few steps outside. He took a quick glance on the night sky and raised his hand, motioning his fist as if he's grabbing the stars, "Stars are honestly beautiful" he said, "Yet no one ever notices that they're gone a long time ago and most of them are just remnants of the past... even so, these remnants are beautiful and shine bright even in the darkest nights."

"There you go again talking to yourself" Nimbus barged in suddenly, "To be honest everytime I hear your tantrums, I think you'd be a great philosopher."

"As if my aim is to become a philosopher" he countered, retracting his raised hands back to the bench, "I feel like I just have to release my thoughts from time to time, I actually never think about them, it just comes out of my mouth."

"Heh?" Nimbus raised his brow, a teasing expression on his face, "Well if you'd only hear your 'thoughts' from my perspective, I'm sure you'd think the same."

"Who knows? Maybe there'll be a day I'll eventually 'hear' what I've been saying."

"So? How's life been here for you?"

Jouzu faced Nimbus when he asked, he was the first person to ask him what he has been asking to the others. He gazed back into the night sky as he answered, "Its been... probably ok, I guess. Nothing much changed, you guys are still there and everything's just the same except for the fact that this is our reality now."

Nimbus sighed, a short delay before he responded, "You're right, everything is still the same. I was actually excited the first time we came here because I thought that I could do anything freely since this is just a game world and a game world doesn't have limits, yet we've only come this far because this world became our world. The limits of everything had once again been put to action." he said.

"The limits of everything huh?" Jouzu muttered as he closed his eyes for a short moment.

"Ah, they're finally here."

"Sorry for the wait Nimbus, Jouzu. Shard took a long time picking a dress." Sigrun apologized.

"Ohoho! Damn ya'll look great!"

"Yeah, all of you look beautiful" Jouzu smiled and complimented, earning him slight blushes from the girls, "Well then, shall we get going?"

Everyone agreed and went to the carriage that they rode earlier that day, once everyone was on board they immediately headed to the castle.

----------------------------------

"Really!? Its just your first time to fight on our sparring match?"

"Y-yeah, I'm actually surprised myself that I lasted that long against you. Its like everything slowed down and I somehow managed to dodge everything." Zerti answered, scratching the back of his head while laughing non-enthusiastically.

"Yeah right? I mean, its just your first time yet you were already able to anticipate and evade my attacks. That's really amazing y'know?"

"I don't know if that's something to be proud of though, I never once thought that I'd be trained to be a fighter myself."

"Wait, wait, wait. You never though of being a fighter? Come on Zerti, you were able to dodge my attacks that easy and you never thought of becoming one?"

"Y-yeah, really. A lot of things happened and the next thing I knew, I'm preparing to be a fighter."

"You..." Terrence sighed as he palmed his face, "Nevermind, there must be a reason why you wanted to become a fighter, I won't ask it and you can keep it yourself but remember this. I will only be your rival got it?"

"S-sure."

"Oh, looks like were here now."

In front of them was a small, decent house, it looked a little bit old but it had a nice homey atmosphere within it.

"Oooooooooiiiiii Ji-san, its me Terrence." he called as he knocked on the door.

The door clucked and creaked as it slowly opened, revealing a lean but strong figure, "Ah, Terrence! How did you get here? Its been a long time since I saw you."

"Well yeah, Papa told me that the last time you visited was when I was only three years old."

"Y-yeah, I'm sorry about that. More importantly, how did you managed to pass the Arfoyd Caves? We were lucky enough to escape death on that hell."

"You wouldn't believe it gramps, but we had a heck of a journey to get here" Terrence replied, "Oh, I almost forgot. This is my friend Zerti, he's an unbelievable guy Ji-san."

"You're not telling me that he managed to defeat that monster aren't you?"

Terrence laughed, "No, no, no, that monster is too much for me and him to handle" he said, "Before anything, do you have some food Ji-san? I'm really hungry now."

Terrence's grandfather chuckled, "I'm glad you haven't changed. Of course, there's food inside, come in and help yourself."

The boys went inside the old man's house, it was everything you'd expect when you're going to your grandparent's home. Pictures of the family hanging on the wall, a clock, some dusty old shelf, the antique furnitures, and the classic sword they used in their primes.

"Sit wherever you want, I'll just go and cook some food. Do you have any requests Terrence?"

"Dad always told me how your glazed steak tastes delicious and my taste buds had always imagined its taste, can I experience your specialty Ji-san?"

The old man chuckled, "Of course, but it takes time to prepare the ingredients I take it that you're willing to wait?"

"Anything for that steak Ji-san."

"Alright then, just wait there with your friend."

The old man then silently went onto the kitchen to do their meal, "Why does your grandfather have an old sword hanging on display?" Zerti asked curiously.

"I'm also curious about that, my dad never told me anything about gramps other than his glazed steak. Maybe he's a warrior back in his days, or maybe he was something more than a warrior but who knows right?" he smiled, "by the way, do you still remember Haff-san?"

"Yeah, he was the one who asked us to join them here right?"

"Yes, yes. You see I'm really curious about him, you remember how he suddenly appeared in front of us right? I mean, isn't that interesting?"

"Now that you mention it, Haff-san isn't just an ordinary fighter. I recall him telling us that they are not from this world. I wonder where did they came from to have such great combat capabilities without using much effort?"

"Yeah right? I mean, people with such skills are a rare case and most of them were just told in myths and legends. That said, once we meet him again I'll ask him to train me, I want to learn how he does things effortlessly and of course how to be a better fighter. Oh, I'll also ask him to train you. I have no intentions of leaving you behind as my rival so I'll play it fair."

"Really, you're going to ask him?"

"Yeah."

"Why?"

"Because why not right? C'mon Zerti, we both know he's a great fighter and admit that we also want to be like him."

"You're certainy right but..."

"But...?"

"I really want to learn everything myself, its more than satisfying when you learn and figure out things by yourself. You know, uhh I don't know how to describe it but there's that feeling you sense when you've done things your own way."

Terrence smiled, "I know what you mean Zerti, but asking someone for help once in a while is also something that we must do as a human. No man is an island and thus, we must ask others for their help when we need it. Yes, its great when you've achieved something by yourself but its better when you can celebrate that with someone that helped you or someone you've helped. The more the merrier."

Zerti went silent for a moment after he munched Terrence's words. He made a deep thought about it. Ever since he lost everything, his place, his home, his parents, and his brother. Ever since he lost all of those in his life he's been trying to do things by himself. He even left Pontiferre just to go with his own accord. There's so much that happened in his life that he forgot that there are people who can lend him a hand in his journey in life. He forgot that he exists because of the people who raised and helped him grow, he forgot that he still exists because Pontiferre took care of him when he was on the brink of death. He's been only focusing on getting things done by himself that he never noticed that there's always someone out there that's willing to help him out of his situation and Terrence made him remember that. He wasn't just his rival, he was also his friend. A friend that cares about him, a rival that wants to be on equal standing with him.

Zerti sighed and smiled as he finished internalizing, "Maybe you're right, I'm counting on you to ask him ok?"

"Aah! Just leave it to me."

Minutes passed and after the wait, Terrence's grandfather came out, holding his specialty dish. Terrence's eyes glimmered as he drooled on the delicious delicacy that his grandfather is holding, "Woah~ I can already tell that its tasty just from its looks, hurry up Ji-san put it on the table, I want to eat it so badly."

His grandfather chuckled, "Hai, hai. Really Terrence, do consider my age." he said sarcastically.

Terrence replied by sitting back to his chair, a gesture which made Zerti giggle softly. When the old man placed the meal on the table, Terrence quickly took a piece of the glazed steak. He couldn't wait anymore, his stomach is overpowering the brain's control over his body more than anything else, his taste buds are begging him to hand them the taste of food. As he munched the steak, the flavors exploded in his mouth. The rich taste of the tender meat, the sweetness of the honey glaze, the tinge of spiciness from the herbs and spices used as the meat was marinated to perfection were all mixing and satisfying his taste bud's desires.

"I can finally rest in peace now..." he said before letting out a burp shortly after, making his old man and Zerti to laugh at him.

----------------------------------

Lively and refreshing music echoed through the large hall in Vrojen's castle as the celebration started. Nobles and other rich people gathered on the event to celebrate a new chapter for the Elves and the Adventurers. There were entertainers, food, drinks, and every other thing that one would look out for a big gathering such as what is currently happening inside the castle.

"Sugoi~ I've only watched this on animes but I never expected that I would experience it once in my life!" Mischa said as her eyes looked around the lively hall, "Ah~ I wish we could be in gatherings like this more often."

"I get what you mean Mischa." Sigrun added.

"Look! Look! There's food and drinks everywhere!" said the ever lively and cheerful Irish. Her eyes were glimmering as she looked around.

"Yeah right? I mean everywhere you look at is pretty amazing! Especially them beauties!"

"As expected of you." Jouzu muttered.

"Oi Min'na!" everyone turned their heads from where the voice was coming from, and was surprised to see Forte calling them, "How is everything going tonight?"

"Everything's going well Forte-san, I didn't expected the party to be this big though." Jouzu replied.

"I also thought the same, were in a completely different world are we?" Forte chuckled, "I've been at gatherings and celebrations back then but never on something like this! I was really surprised and amazed when I entered the hall. Everything is just sparkling. By the way, you all look great this evening! Jouzu, I know that you're a good-looking man but you look even better tonight! Of course the same compliments goes to the girls, you all look lovely this evening."

"Thanks Forte-san, but I believe you look better than me." Jouzu replied. The girls smiled and gave Forte thanks in chorus.

"Of course, in terms of good looking-ness. I am just below Jouzu." Nimbus proudly grinned.

"Where's the others Forte-san?"

"They're currently having a drink with the king and his council, they really got along well in that meeting don't they?" he chuckled.

"Seems like it."

"Oh that's right, I'm here to tell you something."

"Something?"

"Yeah, you remember when the king mentioned some 'bad guys' in the meeting?"

Jouzu's expression suddenly changed as soon as Forte mentioned it as if he knew where the conversation will be going, "Yeah, I remember the king telling something of that sort."

"As expected from you, then I'd get straight to the point. The 'bad guys' the king was talking about is apparently managed by one of the Demon Lord's Nine Apprentices, I've been going around the city before this celebration began and took it as an opportunity to gather intelligence from the past. I found out that this particular group belongs to the Apprentice of Greed, Vrojen has been dealing with them ever since the city was established."

"Amazing how their group got discovered but never caught one of its members, the Apprentice of Greed manages his people well. What sorts of things do they do in the city?"

"No idea about that, some said that they have assassinated persons who were about to uncover their organization but that's how far I can get from the people. They're far too secretive, too invisible."

"Yeah, they're pretty disciplined it seems."

"What do you think about them?"

"We still need more information, we first need to find the answer why the king wants them to be apprehended."

"Anyways, that's all I know for now. I'll be sure to contact you if I find out more about them, for now just enjoy the night and don't think too much of it." Forte said as he waved his goodbye to Jouzu.

"So, what did you talk about?" Sigrun asked.

"Nothing much, just our next quest for the king." he simply replied.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3K 45 3
In the year 2081, every studio and industry came together to create a game of every franchise to appease the most people imaginable. They called it W...
64.1K 1.4K 19
This is currently on hiatus, and also this story is utter trash ples stop reading this- You Died! You Were So Happy That You Were Finally Free From T...
24.7K 1.3K 37
Getting Isekai'd to another world is indeed awesome, especially embarking on an adventure as a hero to defeat the Demon King, who turns out to be a w...
23.4K 911 29
Olivia was your average 18 year old girl. Keyword, 𝙬𝙖𝙨, until she drowned in a lake and woke up in a crappy novel her friend recommended to her. ...