An Artemis' Mistake?

Oleh InsCampelo

What happens if you find your mate when you thought you had already? What if you have to choose between a guy... Lebih Banyak

Prologue
Cast
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21 - Aiden's POV
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29 - Aiden's POV
Chapter 30 - Aiden's POV
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36

Chapter 22 - Aiden's POV

91 8 29
Oleh InsCampelo

I'm in the middle of the forest. Tress everywhere. It should be peaceful, but I can't relax. My mind keeps going back to yesterday and not even Blaze's trip down memory lane settles my rage.

-----*-----

This week sucks, forcing myself to be away from my kitten. Sometimes I don't even remember why am I doing this.

I've been trying to avoid her since our presentation, hoping that if I don't see her, it will be easier to stay away.

But I'm done. I've never been one to force myself to do something I don't want to. It's not about being a badass, but after everything I've been thru, I just don't care about much.

Recently, that changed a little, because now I care about people besides my family, and it's pissing me off.

We could just go see her...

Blaze...

Come on, Aiden, you know you want to.

He's right, and honestly, I'm on one of those moments where I'll do whatever the hell I want to do.

I know where she'll be... at the game, to see him. So I decide that it won't hurt to go and pretend to care about my "colleagues".

When I get there, I don't bother looking for her, she'll be late, as usual, so she won't be here until the start of the game, at least.

I grab a seat and when she arrives, I immediately notice her. How could I not, just like the first time I saw her. She just stands out.

I want to go and talk to her, but I see her looking at that dick and to avoid losing my shit, I better stay where I am.

The game must be interesting from the reactions of people surrounding me, but I'm not really paying attention to it. I want to look at her but I'm trying not to, since I know she can tell if I watch her too long and I don't want her to know that I'm here. Not yet.

However, I am keeping watch, I see Rose arriving even later than Kitten, and I see them talking and her crying. Something is wrong, but I have a feeling I know what happened.

Rose is in a really tough situation, not really comparable to Kitten's but everyone suffers their own pain.

I think Rosie knows I suspect what has been happening, and that Kat has no idea, but it's not really my business to meddle.

I see Rose calming down and when the game finally pauses, I watch as Chris and Kitten exit their places. I wonder if I should go and talk to her now.

Deciding that this is my chance I go after them but don't see which direction they went to.

Damn it, now what?

I keep looking around and finally I hear Chris' voice. 

"Tramp, so happy you actually found Jack that time, hope he gave you some STDs" This girl... She is an inexhaustible source of amusement.

Chris' words made me curious about who are they talking to.

"What I wanted to say was 'I fucked Jack' and Rick is next." Oh is that girl...Jack's slut...Vanessa, she is obnoxious.

I think her name is Vaca.

I don't think so, but it is fitting. (Vaca means "cow" in Portuguese)

"Really?"

"Of course, if you want to see something interesting you should come to the west side of the field in the next break in the game, in about 10 minutes, I will show you how to give him a good time, after all he has liked the foreplay so far."

What is that bitch going on about now? Rick? That dumbass? No way. It's not possible. He wouldn't be that idiotic, not even Chris seems to think so, since they both laugh at Vera.

I want to cut in, but I don't think Kitten would appreciate that, especially since the topic is that dick of a guy.

"You bitch! If you were a cookie you would be a whoreo, but cookies are too good for you, you're just a plain whore..."

"Always so vulgar."

"That's rich coming from the cheapest prostitute in the vicinity."

"No, Chris, she's not a prostitute, those actually charge for something, Veronica here is free." Kitten finally spoke, that was the first think I realized. Second, ohhhh her name is Veronica!!! Lastly, wow Kitten is showing of her claws!

Usually people think Kat is this shy, naive person, but my favorite part is when she shows off all her inner bitchness, that makes her...well... her. I see her repress that all the time, so it is nice to hear her throw knives.

Which is part of the reason why I annoy her so much.

The other part is that it is really hot when she annoys you back and puts you in your place.

Shut up, Blaze.

The bitch must have been surprised because she shuts up and leaves, talking from experience, Kitten's comebacks hurt when she wants them to.

I hear Chris and Kat going back to their places, still unaware of my presence.

Thinking about what I heard, as I return to my seat.

West side of the field, huh?

Do you think Kitten is going?

Definitely. Even if she doesn't want to, Chris will make her.

True. I don't feel right about this, but this time I agree with you.

Great, although let's be real, what kind of idiotic bastard would trade Kitten for that snake?

Right?! It would make no sense.

Are we going too?

Hell yes! He replies

The break in the game comes soon enough and when I see the girls leave, I follow.

I try to keep myself close to them without them noticing me, hard task when talking about werewolves, but they all seem too preoccupied to sense me.

When we get to the west side no one is there, and I can feel Kitten's relieve, but its short lived.

"What the fuck?!" I hear Chris. From my place I can see the girls' backs and not much else, so I go closer and turn the corner.

Oh shit.

No way.

That fucking bastard! 

I can see clearly now, I see Richard, and that Vivi girl, seriously what do guys see in that.

Then again, what do girls see in that asshole?

I kind of zone out while Chris argues with him, I only care about Kitten, but she is not responsive, and I can't see her face. My heart hurts for her.

That guy is a jerk!! Why do you hate this situation?!

Because she cares about him! And I care about HER. Couldn't care less about the situation but she is getting hurt and I can't stand that.

Fine, you're right, but I really want to punch him! How can he not treasure Kitten?!

I don't think she would appreciate it if we punch him, even in this situation.

Damn it.

My conversation with Blaze ends there when I see him grab Kitten. How dares he?! Son of a bitch.

I take a step forward to get him away, but she then talks.

"Let go, Richard." She murmurs

"Kat, you have to listen to me."

"No, I don't."

"Yes, you do!" He visibly tightens his hold on her.

"Richard, STOP!" She frees herself before I can do anything.

A loud buzz sounds and the asshole says. ""I have to go back to the game, but WE have to talk later, Kat."

No way that he's leaving Kitten in this situation to continue his stupid game!! What kind of man, what kind of PERSON does that?!

I watch him in absolute fury.

She turns around, and when I catch her eyes, they are full of tears, with so much emptiness, she doesn't seem to be in there. She sees me but doesn't say anything she just runs past me.

I want to go after her, but I have to do something first.

Looking up I see him, and I stop thinking. I just march up to him and punch him straight in the jaw.

"You son of a bitch!"

"You have some nerves calling me that, after all of this situation."

"And who the fuck are you to meddle in this?!"

"I'm someone who actually cares about Katherine. You better get your priorities straight or I'll do it for you!" And with that I punch him again and when he begins to raise his fist to counterattack, Chris, unfortunately, gets in the way.

"That's enough Richard! Back away NOW! Go on to your little game like the child you are."

"You bitch." He's pissed but after hearing another buzz he actually leaves.

"Damn Aiden, I wanted to be the one to do that."

"Tough luck." I'm still furious, "I want to break his head on the ground."

"Yeah I can feel it, you can break hers for now." She points at the V bitch that has a smirk watching this all scene. When she realizes I'm looking at her she actually shows fear.

"What?! I did nothing!"

"You messed with Kat's boyfriend KNOWING he was her boyfriend and called her here so you could show it to her."

"He's the one with a girlfriend, I don't owe her anything! She should thank me for showing it to her!"

I hate to admit this, but she actually has a point...damn it, I want to kill both of them.

"THANK YOU?! You bitch!" Chris launches for Vivi, but I grab her, and the slut gains a brain and runs.

"Calm down, Chris. What matters now is Kat, we have to find her." Rose calm voice makes me remember she's still there.

"I'll go." I tell them.

"No." Chris is calmer now that the girl is not here anymore.

"Why not?!" I am not calmer tho, I'm still fuming.

"She needs to process and think, and it will be harder with you there. Give her some time."

"Fine."

I take off not knowing where to go when I find my self at the creak I came with Kat before. I see her. Without even wanting to I found her...but Chris was right she needs time, so I don't approach her.

She's just there, not making a sound. A few hours passed and I'm actually surprised that she didn't notice me here but probably it's because she's so out of it right now.

Suddenly she gets up and leaves.

I contemplate on whether to follow her or not. And I decide not to.

I walk home at a very slow pace... Oh fuck it. I turn directions and run towards Kitten's house, I have to talk to her.

When I get there, I'm near the backdoor about to knock on it but I hear yelling, so I stop myself.

I hear Rose's voice. "Are you fucking kidding me?! She's going to do fucking forgive him!!" What? "Kat, tell me you're NOT going to FORGIVE him!" What?! No way.

"Rose, I'm sure that-" Chris follows my line of thinking but Kitten interrupts her.

"Yes." WHAT? Did she just...

"WHAT?" Chris voices my thoughts. With my shock I stumble on the fucking ground, but they continue talking so they probably didn't hear it.

"Seriously, Kat, is like you don't have a brain!" I never hear Rose like this, and although I'm pissed too, I don't like people insulting Kat, stupid bond or whatever.

"Rose, calm down. I'm sick of your yelling and am not in the mood to deal with your attitude."

"Attitude?! Why do I even care about you, it's obvious that you like to be an idiot."

"Clearly you are not interested, but I realized that the only way this could have happen is because of the spell, which means it's my fault, because he didn't feel our bond."

She...how can she be this idiotic?! Her fault?! HOW is this her fault!??

Damn it, Katherine!

I don't want to hear anything more, so I bolt, shifting and running towards the forest.

I have no idea where I'm, but I don't care, I'm tired and I'm furious.

After a long run I laying on the ground I fall asleep.

-----*-----

That's how I got here. But what the fuck was that dream?

A memory? It did feel familiar.

Right now I have more things to worry about.

Katherine is going to forgive that asshole. Why should I fucking care? She can do whatever the hell she damn pleases, I'm not going to be around anymore, I'm leaving.

Aiden.

This was why you wanted me to come to this town?!

Yes.

WHY?!

I showed you the memories, I want to stay, we belong with her.

She doesn't think so!

SO WHAT? Are you going to just give up? Even when you KNOW she would be happier with us?! Didn't take you for a coward, Aiden.

WHAT? How dare you! I tried!

DID YOU?

What's that supposed to mean?!

It means you did nothing, you just said goodbye to her because you though she would be happier, but she ISN'T! And you will just let her be miserable because of your fucking pride?!

I...He's right damn it!

Fine! When you of all people talks about going against his pride, I can't argue with that.

Then let's get our girl!!

Yeah. I smile for the first time today.

I'll be damned if I give up without a fight, she deserves better than what she's got. I'm thankful that Blaze woke me from my momentary lapse in judgement.

I begin running, but I have no idea where the ceremony is taking place.

Just follow the pull. I can feel it. Run Aiden!

I do as I'm told and just run.

After a few minutes I can see her in the distance, the pull is stronger than ever.

But before I know it, am on the ground shaking with pain, my head seems to be exploding.

What the fuck is happening, Blaze?!

I don't know!

I begin seeing flashes of light and then I can see a trail of memories like the ones Blaze showed me before, but these ones...I didn't have them before now...my memories...

I begin to remember everything, but the pain is too much, I have to get to Kitten NOW! But when I finally get on my feet something smashes against me as I hear a low growl.

I'm being attacked by a wolf.

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

1.6K 61 35
***Note: It's all fiction.*** A beast. A human. Both are destined to be soulmates. One thinks that it's unfair for a human to have to live with a bea...
51K 2.1K 33
"Don't lose hope Isabella, and I won't lose you" **** Ever since her mother died, her father has abused her. She thought she was saved when she met...
1.6M 60.5K 74
Just when the world is about to get hectic between rouges and packs, the goddess promises a saviour to rescue the innocent and punish the evil. They...
631K 20.3K 53
Book one in the Legendary Lunas series. Completed. ****************************************** He moved as quickly as a bolt of lightning. Suddenly he...