Sadqay Humare

By ThatPakistaniGurl

Sequel to Sadqay Tumhare. Complete story available on dreame. More

Introduction.
One.
Two.
Three.
Four.
Five.
Six.
Seven.
Eight.
Nine.
Ten.
11
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
19.
20.
21.
22.
23.
24.
25.
26.
27.
28.
29.
30.
31.
32.
34.
35.
36.
37.
38.
39.
40. FINAL CHAPTER
The Sadkey Stories

33.

5.8K 385 252
By ThatPakistaniGurl

Long chapter!!

Don't forget to comment and vote because I wrote this chapter from my heart.

It's a glimpse to Zaydaan by Zaydaan. Written in his pov at the start, I hope you guys will like it. There's a glimpse into his past and present.

Every word that I've written from Zaydaans pov is so special to me so I hope you guys will like it. Each line has its own meaning so read carefully hshd.

Mske sure to vote and comment.

Tell me what you think.

Zaydaan Ziagil.

My emotions were a part of me that I never wanted to express. As a child who was raised in a manner where emotions only meant that a person was weak, I never really did express myself. Even if I wanted to bare my soul to someone, I always felt like I would be giving up control of my own self to others.

I was the kind of man who thought about practical life, about goals and achievements and domination. I was the kind of man who wanted someone's love but did not want to love in return. I was the kind of man who wanted care and respect but did not want to do the same for the other person. I was the kind of man who hated the people who did not listen to me.

I vaguely remember the first time I had met my wife. She was wearing a green dress, was nearly eighteen years of age and hesitated to even look in my direction. At that time, I did not know that she was going to be my wife, my wife was going to be Minal after all.

But even though I was committed to an other woman, I still wanted to pluck this flower and keep with me.

My father had raised me as a strong, Independent and confident man who did not need a woman's approval to succeed in life. I knew why he raised me this way, he did not want me to feel insecure about the lack of a mother's love in my life.

But even his love and his crazy way of raising me could not fill the emptiness in my life. I often mistook this emptiness as my anger and drive to be the most powerful man in the country.

Then, one day she came along and things changed.

She was not the woman who opened up my heart or ignited love in it. My heart was filled with love for another woman, a long, long time ago. Then she came into my life, she got forced into it and she made her place in my world. Then, one day the thought of not being able to see her started to claw at my heart. Suddenly, I could not see her in pain, even though I had given her the most of it. Just like an instant switch, everything changed.

When she got attacked for the very first time, I remember I had been absolutely cruel to her before that. I had told her that I would never love her and she had even accepted that, claiming that her love was enough for the both of us. I had told her that our marriage was a political alliance and there was not going to be any more care in this relationship.

I had not just lied to her at that time, I had even lied to myself. But then, she got hurt and my heart squeezed so hard that I realised there was much more than care in this relationship.

I tried to be a better husband after that but I did not succeed enough, I made my wife hear my plans of marrying my ex lover. She still stayed with me, fighting with herself, fighting with her own dignity and self respect, fighting with me, calling me all kinds of names, reminding me of what was right and what was wrong, she did so much and yet, waited and waited for me to tell her how much I loved her.

I will never forget the look on her face when I finally said those three words. That was the day I truly fell in love with my wife.

It doesn't matter who opens up your heart with love, what matters is who stays in it.

The best part about her love throughout was the fact that she fell in love with all of me, she loved my grey shades as much as she loved the white ones. She loved my darkness as much as she loved the light.

As if her love was not enough, she gave me another human being to love, to cherish.

Aaina, without even knowing, became the mirror of my life.

She became whatever I wanted her to become but she never changed the goodness in her heart, never compromised on her morals and ethics, never changed her own self.

How did she do all of that? I don't even know.

And now, here she was, opened up in a room filled with people she did not know and surrounded by four white walls.

She was fighting for her life and the thought of losing her was enough for me to keep quiet for the rest of my life.

All I could hear around me was the sound of my brother's voice but for me, deep in my heart, there was silence.

"How is she?"

Dr Faisal was the best doctor in the City. He was good but was he good enough to treat my wife? I did not know. At this point, I did not believe in doctors and medicines and their healing powers, I only believed in God.

If God wanted, he could turn the world around. I just prayed that God would not punish my wife for my sins.

I knew I had already lost my child.

There was no way in hell that my unborn child had survived that wound. I wanted to believe in a miracle by The Almighty but the realistic part of me already knew that I had lost a life that I was planning to love forever.

"Minister Sahab, our best doctors are working on her ofcourse. But the first lady has lost alot of blood and her liver function is a problem right now."

"But she will be okay?"

"Just be patient and pray for her. We're doing all that we can."

My brother, I heard his voice shake and I knew what he was going to ask next. I was going to ask about the baby.

"Doctor, she was pregnant. Is the baby-?"

"I am very sorry. The fetus was just not strong enough."

My heart clenched, something broke inside it and I could hear the voice of something shattering even though there was utter silence inside of me.

I, Zaydaan Ziagil felt like I was losing everything, I felt like I was losing myself.

I did not question the doctor, I did not look up at him. There was no way I could ask him how she was doing and not let go.

A few minutes later, I saw a pair of feet standing in front of me but I did not look up. It did not matter who was in front of me, it did not matter who was saying what, nothing mattered except for Aaina.

"The media caught a whiff of what happened, they're all gathered outside. What should we do?"

The question was directed at me but all they got was my silence.

"Ahad Sahab?"

My brother, my brother was already in pain. He was trying to act strong but he had not learned how to not express himself. He had been told how to love, how to get loved and how to cry and grieve.

"Get the area cleared, make -" he could not go on after that, silence overtook the hallway.

I heard him sniff and I heard his wife console him. He was lucky enough to have her by his side. Meanwhile, my wife was on a bed struggling for her life. How unlucky did that make me?

I had never felt jealous of my own brother, never in a million years. Not even as a kid. But today, I felt the envy inside of me.

I still remained quiet.

I had nothing to say.

"Make sure that the security arrangements are good, tell the media that the Ziagil family just needs their support and prayers. Tell them to pray for their first lady and let no one enter this area."

My father spoke up, telling what had to be told. He was saying what I would have said.

"Ya Allah, I've already lost one daughter, I can't lose another one."

I also heard my mother cry. She cried for the woman I loved, for the mother of my child, she cried because she could be losing a daughter yet again.

I knew my mother was going to tell me that it was my fault even before she said it. But the difference? I was not responsible for Zartaash baji's death but Aaina? I was responsible for her being on that bed.

"Mama, it's going to be okay."

"No, Noora. The last time I lost my daughter, it was because she wanted to save him! And again, my daughter is on the verge of death because of him!"

She said what I expected from her, she said what the silence inside of me was screaming out loud, she said the truth this time.

It really hurt.

It hurt more than the time when I was eight years old and instead of wishing me a happy birthday, I heard her say to my father that she did not want to see my face.

It hurt more than the time when I was being sent to boarding school and she did not bid me goodbye, instead I saw her taking my little brother to the park and telling him how much she loved him.

It hurt more than the time when I brought a cake to celebrate my first ever graduation and she she did not even take a bite of it.

It hurt more than the time when she told me to leave the house as she was getting a prayer routine done for her dead daughter.

It hurt more than the time when she told my father that looking at me only caused her pain.

It hurt more than the time when I became a Minister for the very first time and she told me that it was all because of my father, that I had not achieved anything that should be celebrated.

It hurt more than the time when I got married and she did not even console me for losing the woman I loved.

I had buried all that hurt within me but her words today opened up that box and made me realise that I was the one responsible for my wife's condition.

I brought her into this world, Awan hated me, not her. He wanted to kill me, not her. She had come down only for me.

She wanted to save me but I could not save her.

I still kept quiet, holding my thoughts and my grief to myself but my father, he could not hear what my mother had to say.

"Safina!"

"I'm not wrong! She left the room to go to him, to protect him. My first born died protecting him and now my Aaina is on the verge of dying."

I wanted to yell at her, I wanted to tell her that Aaina was not hers.

She was mine.

Her hurt, her pain, her tears, her anger, her smile, her laugh, her misfortunes, it was all mine.

"Shut your mouth." My father managed to scream. I wanted to tell him to stop but I wanted to be quiet, I wanted to be away from this noise, from this endless guilt.

"He's the reason Aaina is suffering right now. Zaydaan is responsible."

There was not even an inch of regret in her voice and I didn't think that there should have been.

She was not wrong.

I could hear my parents fight while I struggled to breathe. The fear that I felt, I could not even describe it. I had felt the same fear of losing Zayla but at least she was there with me, my Aaina was there.

She was there even when I said the most unkind things to her, to a mother who was on the verge of losing her child.

But right now, she was not here. she is not here to hold my arm and tell me that everything would be okay.

She was not here to tell me that I was Zaydaan Ziagil and I had a way out of every problem, that I would make everything alright.

I could not hear the noise anymore. It was disturbing the silence within me.

I stood up and looked at my mother.

I never felt love for my mother after realising that she did not love me, I always felt protective for her, I always felt a certain level of respect. But when I looked at her this time, I felt myself shake. I wanted her to hold me the way she held Ahad.

I wanted her to tell me that Aaina was my wife and that she would not leave me alone. But when I saw the rage in her eyes, the endless hate for me being responsible for my wife's condition, I couldn't help but nod and accept her accusation. Her truth. My truth.

"You're right. I am responsible."

I didn't have anything more to say. Neither did she.

--

Idrees Ziagil had been quiet for very long time. Instead of focusing on his family life, on his marital life, he had focused on his politics and power. He didn't do it because he was thirsty of power and domination. Of course, wanted to be the most powerful man in the country but he strayed away from his wife because he could not bear the way she treated their older son.

He loved her too much to let go of her. He tried to look for love in other places but no one could do to his heart what Safina Ziagil did.

He never let her feel like he loved her, of course. Not after the day she called his son an abomination, a curse. He wanted to hate her for treating Zaydaan like that but he couldn't bring himself to do it.

So idrees Ziagil kept his quiet and gave his son all that he had. He gave his son his manipulation, his coldness, his love, his anger, his thirst for power, his ability to look unaffected even when he had a storm inside, his ability to never look weak in front of people, he gave his son all that he had learned, whether it was right or wrong.

He tried his best to raise Zaydaan without any insecurity. Looking at Zaydaan, no one could really think that this man had some pent up hurt and frustration but he saw right through him.

Idrees Ziagil knew that being the Prime Minister would give Zaydaan the control he needed to forget the things that had happened to him. So he gave him his power and made sure that no one took it away from him, even when he had to interfere in his son's personal life, even when he had to snatch away the women he loved.

He didn't regret it one bit. He did what he had to do. He did what any man would've done for his child.

But he could not take this anymore. He could not see his wife destroy his son in his weakest moment.

"My innocent boy died at your hands, Safina. Do you know why I made him just like me? Because I didn't want him to live with the insecurity that his mother didn't love him enough. I tried to talk to you, I tried so hard but you always looked at him as the boy who lived as our daughter died. He was God's miracle but you never looked at him like that. You looked at him like a curse."

He spat out at his wife as he saw his son, Zaydaan walk away. His son didn't have anything to say anymore, except that he accepted something that was not his fault. He held himself responsible.

Idrees Ziagil continued lashing at his wife, not showing any more mercy or patience.

"Still, I remained quiet. I gave that boy all I had, made him a man while you spoiled Ahad. How do you think it made Zaydaan feel? Seeing the way you treated them differently? He still doesn't hate you, after all that you have done to him."

He yelled, seeing his wife's tear stained cheeks and pale face.

"You claim to love Aaina? How can you love her when you don't even love the one person that she risked her life for?" He questioned, shaking her.

When would she have some sense? They were old now, did she want to die like that? Without even apologising to her son for her mistakes?

"You are living in your past. What did you want? Tum kya chahti thi? Kya tum chahti thi ke Zartaash ke saath Zaydaan bhi Mar jaata? Haan? Us bachi ne khud ki jaan ki parwah na kar ke apne bhai ko bachaya aur tum ne usi bhai ko aaj tak pyaar se gale bhi nahi lagaya."

(What did you want? Did you want Zaydaan to die along with Zartaash? That little girl gave her life for the sake of her brother and you haven't even embraced the brother that she saved.)

They had not taken Zartaash's name out loud in a very long time. Safina Ziagil hissed, not being able to bear the pain.

"Idrees, bus. Main aur bardasht nahi karungi."

(Stop. I won't listen anymore.)

She put her hand up, asking him to stop. He did not stop, he glared at her.

"Tum karogi bardasht. Karna parega tumhain."

(You will listen. You will bear it. You'll have to.)

He screamed, forcing Ahad to come in between them. He knew all that his mother had done but he didn't know what to do about it.

He stepped in between the two, his back turned towards his mother.

"Baba, Zaydaan bhai is alone. You should go to him." He suggested, trying to break through his father's anger.

Idrees Ziagil narrowed his eyes at his son. Was he still defending his mother? After hearing all of his words?

"Ahad. Don't you dare defend your mother." He warned, lifting his finger.

Ahad let out a sigh.

"I'm not. I just think that you should go and talk to my brother. He needs you the most right now."

You're the only one who can get some reaction out of him right now. You are the one person among us who can understand my brother's turmoil, my brother's silence.

Aaina would understand but she's not here. You are.

He wanted to say but before he could, his father understood that Zaydaan needed him more. His anger towards Safina could wait.

Ahad turned around to face his mother. He wanted to engulf her and tell her Aaina would be okay but the blood relation with his brother only made him feel angry.

How could she say those horrible words to him? He had always ignored the way his mother treated Zaydaan bhai but at this point, where she should have held his hand and told him to remain calm, she had poured a bucket of guilt over his head.

"Mama." He took a deep breath.

"Main buri maa nahi hoon, Ahad. Main nahi hoon."

(I'm not a bad mother, Ahad. I am not.)

Safina Ziagil cried, trying to justify herself. Ahad didn't know how could anyone justify this.

Ahad nodded.

"Jaanta hoon. (i know.). You're the best mother to me. But to Zaydaan bhai? You're not even a mother." He accused, looking at her with the most disappointed look he had ever given to her.

"Ahad." She tried, he shook his head at her.

"Just pray for Aaina, we'll talk about this later."

Ahad Ziagil walked away, leaving Safina Ziagil to sit on her own.

--

It had been a long time since they were in the hospital. With Noora, holding an asleep Zayla on her lap and Ahad, sitting on the sofa by her side, no one noticed Aaina's mother frantically rushing inside the hallway, finding the Ziagil family.

She had never looked so panicked, so scary in a way. Her mother looked absolutely grief-stricken, the guilt of hurting her daughter and not even apologizing to her, it was too much.

The fact that she did not even get to say sorry and now, her daughter was on a bed fighting death, it was heartbreaking.

God, how much had she fought with Imran to let her name their daughter 'Aaina'

She had promised herself that she would love her daughter with all that she had, that Aaina would be the mirror to everything good, that her daughter would always be safe and happy.

She had broken all those promises for the sake of a man who did not even love her, for the fear of a man who did not even care for her. And when her daughter had got her happy life, she was ready to destroy that happiness for the sake of her selfish motives, her revenge.

How had she been so blind? How could she be so blind?

"How is my daughter? Please, where is Aaina? Is she okay?" She questioned the Ziagil family, eyes widening at their grief struck faces.

"Why do you care?" Ahad asked instead, glaring at the woman.

His best friend had spent several nights crying because of this woman.

Aaina's mother looked at Safina instead.

"Safina, how is my daughter? I know the things I did are questionable but I gave birth to her, I love her." She insisted, Ahad gave out a bitter chuckle.

"Giving birth does not mean that you will love your child." He accused, not looking at at the woman but instead at his own mother.

Safina Ziagil lowered her head.

"I love my child. I just, I was so blinded."

Noora clicked her tongue, finding this whole argument incredibly pathetic. This was not the time to fight, to argue, think about who had done what, this was the time to pray and hope and be together as a family.

"You were. Sit, aunty. Pray for your daughter, I've heard that Allah never rejects a mother's prayer." She said to Aaina's mother.

As the woman sat beside Safina, Ahad stood up.

"Ahad." Noora tried to hold his hand but could not do so, as Zayla was asleep on her lap.

"I can not sit with two mothers who don't give a shit about their children, Noora." Ahad snapped, turning away.

Noora shook her head, carefully placing the little girl in her mother in law's lap as she stood up, following her husband.

"Ahad, wait." She called after him, catching up to him as she held his arm and stopped him from moving.

"Ahad, look at me." He looked at his wife, the only person who was holding him together.

Noora sighed, placing her hand on his jaw.

"Please, I know you're worried. But you have to believe me, she will get through this." She comforted him with positivity, the only way to get through this was to be positive and hopeful.

Without hope, people were not people.

Ahad sniffed, not being able to stop his eyes from being wet. Tears fell from his eyes as he tried to wipe them away but couldn't.

He took a few deep breaths, trying to talk to Noora.

"She is my best friend. If something happens to her-" He hesitated, even the thought of it being too much, too crazy. Too unbelievable.

Noora shook her head.

"It won't. She will be fine. We need to have some faith." She squeezed his arm, continuing.

"She was so excited when I told her that I was pregnant. She said it was the best thing that we both were pregnant together. Now, the baby is gone and she's fighting for her life. There is no choice but to believe that Aaina will be fine." She continued, making Ahad look at her with a fond but sad smile.

He knew Aaina would have been so freaking happy, crazy happy.

"You told her?" He asked, curious.

"She was so happy for us, Ahad. When Sami was about to shoot you, I wanted to go to you. But she told me not to. She forced me to sit and think about the baby."

He parted his lips in shock. She hadn't just gone down to save Zaydaan, she wanted to save him too. Her Best friend.

God, Aaina. What the hell did you do"

"She said that Awan was playing a game and you were her best friend. Her husband and her bestfriend weren't safe, she wanted to help." Noora insisted, justifying what Aaina did.

This should have been their happy moment as a family. Instead, they were in a hospital.

"She's such an idiot. Did she come down there for me?" Ahad asked, too shaken up.

He wanted to wake her up and smack her.

"I think she went downstairs because she was tired of feeling helpless and she wanted to do something." Noora pointed out.

For some reason, she wanted to defend and justify whatever Aaina had done, just so no one would point any finger at her.

Ahad let out a long sigh, putting a hand on her neck.

"Noora, I don't want to lose our baby. Please..never ever do what Aaina did." He pleaded, he didn't even know why he was saying that.

She nodded.

"I won't."

Ahad leaned against the wall, getting a little away from Noora as she sat on the chair nearby and he leaned against the wall.

"All I have wanted to do ever since I came to know about your pregnancy, it was telling Aaina that she was going to be a taayi now. I was so excited and all the time and that moron didn't even give me a chance to do that." He rambled, suddenly angry.

"Ahad," Noora tried but he shushed her.

"I am so angry at her. And at the same time, I hate that she had to become a part of stupid Ziagil politics."

He ranted on and on, letting out a loud groan.

"She can not die, Noora. She can't." Noora gulped, shaking her head.

"She won't, we're all gonna be fine."

She assured, even though fear had set in her heart as well.

Aaina had to be okay. She had to be.

---

Idrees Ziagil looked at his son, sitting in the waiting room, all alone. It was almost one at night, Zaydaan was still quiet and sitting all alone.

His father walked towards him, sitting on the seat next to him. For a moment, Idrees Ziagil did not know what to say to Zaydaan. He looked so distraught, so exhausted that the man had no idea what words to say to him.

How to comfort him in such a state?

Finally, Zaydaan's father let out a sigh.

"You're not responsible for anything, son. Whatever happens, it happens because of God's will." He continued, putting a hand on his lap.

"You can not hold yourself responsible." He further added, getting no response in return.

It was so unlike his son. Zaydaan always had something to say, only this time, he didn't.

"Zaydaan." Idrees Ziagil called out, turning his head to look at him.

"Say something, son. I don't want you to think that this is your fault. Your mother talks bullshit." He stated, his anger surfacing as he thought of Safina being her bitter self at such a time.

Zaydaan still kept quiet, didn't utter a word. For him, his silence was the only comfort that he wanted right now. He did not want to use his words, he wanted to speak to one person only but that one person was not in the condition to talk.

"Zaydaan. You're my tiger, say something." Idrees Ziagil insisted, the thought of his son being so hurt pained him to no ends.

As his father squeezed his arm, Zaydaan simply leaned a little down, putting his head on his father's shoulder. Just the way he used to do as a kid. He hadn't acted this way since he turned fifteen but today, a grown up man, the most powerful man in the country only wanted to be sheltered under his father's embrace. He was putting his guard down, showing his weakness, his vulnerability. He didn't need to say much to his father because Idrees Ziagil knew, he knew what his son was going through.

"I am tired." Zaydaan breathed out, closing his eyes and putting his head on his father's shoulder, blocking everything away.

"She is your wife, she loves you. She will never leave you alone." His father mumbled back, continuing as he didn't hear any response.

"Okay, don't say anything. I'll sit with you for as long as you want."

It was a while later that the door opened yet again and Dr Faisal walked inside, spotting the Prime Minister and former Prime Minister sitting together. Zaydaan's eyes were closed so the doctor hesitated.

Idrees patted his son's leg, making him open his eyes.

"The doctor is here, Zaydaan." He said to his son and Zaydaan nodded.

They expected him to be a dutiful husband right now, a man who had to make all decisions on behalf of his wife.

"We are taking her to surgery right away. We need you to sign this consent form, Prime Minister Sahab."

They wanted him to sign a consent form? For the Prime Minister's wife? Zaydaan knew why.

They didn't want to risk anything. If there was no legal proof and something happened to his wife, he would ruin the entire hospital and end their careers too. They wanted to have a safety precaution. Zaydaan loathed their thinking. They were thinking like businessmen, not doctors. This was the best Private Hospital in the twin cities and yet, this was their policy.

"No." Zaydaan denied, looking at the man with his signature cold eyes.

"It's routine, Zaydaan." Idrees Ziagil tried but he shook his head.

"I am not signing her death note, baba." He replied.

Zaydaan stood up and took a step ahead.

"Save my wife. I am not signing anything." He ordered, the doctor gulped.

He let out a deep sigh and pondered for a moment before trying again.

"Prime Minister sahab, I know this is hard but we're only following hospital rules that your government made necessary, I am so sorry but-" He pleaded, making Idrees stand up as well.

He put his hand on his son's shoulder and squeezed it.

"Zaydaan, sign it. Please." His father pleaded, knowing that there was no time for this.

Prime Minister Zaydaan Ziagil closed his eyes for a moment before nodding. He gulped, signing the papers.

"Save her."

He said to the doctor. It didn't seem like an order. It sounded like a request.

---

The father son duo was still sat in silence when Ahad entered the waiting room along with Noora. Zayla, who had been asleep for a while now had actually woken up and with her swollen eyes, she spotted her silent father.

Noora stepped forward, her hand still holding Zayla's little hand in a firm grip.

"Zaydaan bhai, I am taking Zayla home with me. I'll take care of her, please don't worry." Noora said in that reassuring voice that left no space for any argument or doubt.

Zaydaan looked up at his daughter, gesturing her to come to him as he opened his arms for her.

Zayla smiled, feeling Noora's grip leave her hand as she rushed to her father.

Zaydaan picked her up and settled her onto his lap, kissing the top of her head.

"Good night, darling." He whispered against her ear, but Zayla had already settled herself onto his lap in a proper position, with her head on his chest and her tiny arms around his waist.

She didn't want to let go. Zaydaan took a deep breath.

"You want to stay with me?" He questioned, making her look up at him.

"Yes, baba." She answered without any hesitation. He didn't want to let go of her, she gave him a sense of relief that nothing could.

But he knew that it was not appropriate for her to be in the hospital.

"But you need to sleep and eat. Aunty Noora is going to be with you. Okay?"

It took all the energy that Zaydaan had to crack a smile at his daughter, asking her to comply with him. Zayla frowned, a pout on her lips.

"Please?" Zaydaan tried again, kissing her cheek this time as she let out a huge exhale and nodded, as if she was doing him the biggest favour.

She put her arms around his neck and hugged him, before she let go.

"night night, baba."

He wished her a goodnight once more, then made her walk back to Noora.

Zayla held her Aunt Noora's hand as Ahad stood by his wife's side, nodding as she asked him to keep her informed.

"I'll keep you informed, Noora. Don't worry. Take your medicines." He told her, then turned back to look at his father.

No matter how active he acted out to be, Idrees Ziagil was old now and he needed rest too.

"Baba, you should head home as well. I'm right here with bhai." Ahad insisted.

He didn't tell his father that mama had refused to go, she wanted to stay and wait for Aaina. Noora had to force Safina to atleast lay down in the empty room instead of the waiting hall. Aaina's mother was praying in the hallway too, she didn't want to be anywhere but here.

Idrees Ziagil looked at his son. He was tired, his back ached but at the same time, he did not want to leave Zaydaan alone.

"Do you want me to stay here?" He questioned Zaydaan.

"No, go home. Rest." Zaydaan said instead.

His father stood up, giving a look to Ahad and then walking out as well.

This only left Ahad and Zaydaan. Ahad, her Best friend and Zaydaan, her husband. These two were the most important men in Aaina's life.

Ahad sat down besides his brother, understanding the stress that he was going through.

"Bhai..." He trailed off, trying to instill someone of Noora's faith and positivity into him but before he could utter another word, Zaydaan beat him to it.

"I dragged her into this world, I made her stand by my side, Awan hurt her because of me, Mama was not wrong at all. Was she, Ahad?" He had never been the one to take blame of the things that he had not done.

His words, his insecurity, his guilt, it shocked Ahad. He didn't expect his brother to take their mother's words so gravely. He had never done that before. He had always disregarded his mother's words, often not caring about them.

He clicked his tongue, shaking his head.

"Yes, she was. Aaina didn't have a choice in marrying you but after that, everything she did was her own choice. You're not responsible for anything." He replied, continuing.

"These things are not under our control." He added, Zaydaan let out an annoyed noise.

"She's so fucking stupid. Why didn't she listen to me? Why did she come downstairs like that?" There was anger in his voice for her, yet there was tremendous worry and fear.

Ahad himself was angry at her, mad at her but right now, they didn't have any choice but to hope and pray that Aaina would be okay, that she would be fine.

"Because she loves you. You would have done the same for her." He replied. Zaydaan would have, but he would have been smart about it.

"And we both know Aaina is really stupid when it comes to love. She thinks with her heart." He joked, letting out a watery chuckle.

Both the brothers fell silent after that, waiting and hoping.

🌸

🌸

🌸

When it was time for the surgery to be over, Zaydaan walked out of the waiting room and instead remained in front of the OR, waiting for the doctor to come outside and inform him of what had happened.

As she stood there, leaned against the wall..he felt an arm on his shoulder. Zaydaan opened his eyes to see his mother standing before him.

"She is going to be fine. Don't blame yourself." Safina Ziagil told him, eyes filled with tears but there wasn't any regret.

Zaydaan knew she was only doing this for the sake of his father, to make him content.

He looked at her with his stone cold eyes. For the first time, his face showed disgust for his mother.

"The one thing I don't need right now is your fake concern." He snapped, turning away.

---

Thoughts?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

25.1K 1.3K 41
This is the sequel to "For The Love of Money" if you haven't read it, go read that first, or else this book will not make since to you. -Beautiful_St...
392 16 23
It the sequel to wat do u want now...if u haven't read that book go read it
5K 275 26
If you haven't read the first sexy love💚. You will be confused.... but read and find out what happens second part of this story.
78.4K 1.6K 20
happy reading!