An Artemis' Mistake?

By InsCampelo

What happens if you find your mate when you thought you had already? What if you have to choose between a guy... More

Prologue
Cast
Chapter 1
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21 - Aiden's POV
Chapter 22 - Aiden's POV
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29 - Aiden's POV
Chapter 30 - Aiden's POV
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36

Chapter 2

136 9 12
By InsCampelo

Gladly, as it is the first day, the class only consisted on a presentation of the teacher and the subject we are going to learn.

So, first was as Statistic lesson... I don't hate math, I actually like it just fine, when I understand it, but until I do its hard... and by the presentation I can see that senior year won't be all sunshine and rainbows, oh well I guess I saw that coming, nothing on my major is easy, although I guess everyone thinks that about their courses.

One lesson after the other the morning passed on fast, before I knew it, lunch came around. As soon as the professor gave the signal to end the class I went towards my locker, where Chris, Ella and I usually meet up before lunch.

We don't have all the same classes, although, Chris is a Science major just like me, we aren't in the same class, so we don't have the same schedule. As for Ella she is a Computer Engineering major.

"Finally! We thought you got locked up somewhere! It's been hours since classes ended!! I'm hungry! Starving!"

"Stop being dramatic Chris, it's been like 5 minutes." I roll my eyes at my best friend.

"So, when are you making your escape?" I look at Ella, she knows not to talk about my secret, but I trust her, no one must be around, so I answer her.

"This year I will try to do that less...probably only on free periods or occasionally after classes."

"Why less?"

"Well... just because"

"But you love it...is it because of Richard?"

"Look, let's not talk about this here ok? Maybe on girl's night. Maybe"

"I'm sorry, it's not my business."

"Ella, you are my friend, it's absolutely your business, it's just... I don't feel like talking about it right now, ok?"

"Of course."

"Well, if you ladies are done with the nonsense. I'm hungry!!" We all laugh at Chris, her attempted of breaking the little tension was a success. She doesn't voice her opinion, surely because she knows about mates, but Ella doesn't.

"I swear you have a little cow living in your belly, you're always eating!" I tease her.

"I have to keep this body somehow!"

We all laugh and go to lunch.

To be honest, it's all the same, same people, same place, I don't know what I was hoping for, but maybe some change, some shake of the norm. But no, senior year is just like every other year, except it's the last one.

The day went smoothly, when the last class ended, I sigh, one day down, infinite more to go.

Rick drove me home, bless him.

"See you tomorrow, babe"

"Bye Rick, see you tomorrow"

As soon as I walk home, I go straight to my bed, I'm so tired.

---Next Day---

I keep waiting for Rick, but he is nowhere to be seen, if I wait any longer, I going to be late for school.

My phone rings and I see it's him.

"Hey, what's up? Where are you?"

"Hi, sorry but I won't be able to pick you up, I got busy. Will explain you later, ok?"

"Sure, is everything ok?"

"Yeah, I will see you later."

And with that he hanged up. Just as Rosie was leaving the house.

"Good Morning Katie, where is Richard?"

"He won't make it. Guess I have to keep you company on the way to school little sis. I am glad you are late again."

We started walking while she asks. "Did he even let you know in advance?"

"Not really, I think something unexpected came up"

"Sure" Was all she said.

"What is that supposed to mean?"

"Nothing."

"I don't get it. Why are you so cold towards Rick?"

"I am sorry, let's not talk about this any longer and enjoy this rare walk."

"You are right... so anything new you want to tell me?"

She froze for a split second before resuming walking and smiling.

"Not really, second year as a literature major isn't really all that exciting".

Maybe she just doesn't want to talk about it right now, probably boy problems.

"Yeah, I hope this year bring some excitement."

"Not sure you should ask for that, excitement isn't always good thing."

"What? You Love excitement! Is everything ok?"

She just shrugged and answered "Yeah, everything is fine."

Quicker than I thought we made it to campus and parted ways.

------

The day went by quickly, without a word from Richard, but to be honest I haven't really reached out either, I think that when he's ready he will call or text, until then I go on doing my thing, focusing on school and planning the upcoming girl's night.

After my last class of the day as I exited the science department, I saw Rick next to his car not far away and went to meet him.

"Hi" I said while I hugged him.

"Hello babe, hop in. I have so much to tell you"

We got in the car and he drove me home, after parking in my driveway I asked what the news were.

"Well, you know how I am taking my master's degree right? Since I am working with the pack, I am taking a while to finish it, however I need to prepare my thesis and was offer an internship in a great company."

"Wow congratulations Rick! That is great and you deserve it."

"Yeah, thanks."

I could see there was something else, so I waited.

"That means that I probably won't be able to pick you up in the morning nor drive you home from school, since the hours at that office are really long"

"I see. What about football?"

"Well I will still manage to go to practices but before and after I am either studying or working. Sorry babe, I will make it up to you"

"Oh no, that's ok, I get it, you're working for your future."

"Our future Katie."

"Yes, our future."

---------

The rest of the week flew by. Since that day I began walking with my sister to school, and I absolutely love it, it is such a nice moment, sometimes we talk, sometimes we just walk and enjoy each other's company, peaceful. I do miss Richard, but I appreciate these moments with my little sister.

Today is sleepover day! Saturday afternoon, any minute now Chris and Ella are going to arrive, and I haven't vacuumed my room yet, not that they mind but my mother is going to kill me if she does not hear the vacuum in 5 minutes. To help me motivate I blast "Natalia Kills - Wonderland" through my speakers.

"I'm not snow white, but I'm lost inside this forest;

I'm not red riding hood but I think the wolves have got me

Don't want your stilettos, and I'm not, not cinderella

I don't need a knight, so baby take off all your armour

You'll be the beast and, I'll be the beauty, beauty

Who needs true love, as long, as you love me truly

I want, it all, but I want you more

Will you, wake me up boy if I bite your poison apple?

I don't believe in fairytales

But I believe in you and me

Take me up, wonderland

Take me up, take me up, take me up wonderland

Take me up, take me up, take me up wonderland,

Wonderland, wonderland

..."

By the end of the song my room was spotless, and the bell rang. I guess Chris and Ella are here already.

A few hours later we were already spread throughout my living room with a scary amount of junk food surrounding us and "Captain America: The winter soldier" playing on TV. Chris had already emptied all her rumors and gossip onto us and now we just focus on appreciating the movie.

"I also have some news." Says Ella, breaking our spell.

"Spill." Says Chris and I at the same time, and then laugh.

"So, you guys know that I have a cousin, right?"

"Sure, even though we never met him." Chris accuses.

"He was studying somewhere else, wasn't he?" I ask.

"Yeah...well he is coming back and is going to join us at Olympus University"

"Wait but I thought he was our age...did he finish his degree already?"

"Not really, he decided that he wanted to try to ask for equivalence in the course in our university, and they accepted, so he will just continue his degree here."

"Wow. He must be a really smart cookie if they accept him just like that." Chris said only half joking, after all that kind of transference was really hard to get.

"And what is his major?" I was curious about this family we never met before, even though me have known Ella for almost 3 years already.

"Science, so he'll probably have some classes with you guys"

"Why would he want to come back here?"

"No idea he just decided on his own that he needed to come back."

"Ok... so he is a smart and weird cookie!" Chris says as if she discovered the cure for cancer.

"Can you please stop calling my cousin a cookie?"

"Well... is he eatable?"

"NO! He is my cousin!"

"Cousins are legal..." Chris says while Ella blushes profoundly.

"You guys! Let's stop talking about eating Ella's cousin!"

"Thank you, Kat!"

"Both of you are no fun!" Chris murmurs pouting and we laugh.

We focus back in the movie until it ends.

After a giant pizza for dinner and some more talk, we go up to my room and lay in bed talking about cringe worthy youth stories.

We had just cry laughing because of some story about one of Chris' exes, when Ella asked.

"So, Kat, you and Rick...have you guys done it yet?"

A chocked on my soda and looked at Chris asking for help we my eyes, she knows we haven't, and she knows why, but she just shrugged. After a few seconds I answered.

"No...We decided to wait"

"Wait for what?"

What do I say?? I asked Chris through the pack's mind-link.

I don't know! She usually does not ask things like that! We shouldn't have given her so much sugar.

Chris! Not the time! How am I supposed to tell her that I can't mate with Richard until my 21st birthday because of pack's tradition?! He hasn't even seen Lua.

Calm down Kat! Just tell her you are not ready or something.

"I guess I am not ready yet..."

She was about to say something else, but Chris cut in.

"You are right, you shouldn't do anything you are not ready for. Now, let's sleep because I am dying"

"Ohhh ok..." Was Ella's reply.

Thank you, Chris! You are the best.

You are welcome hun, but someday we have to tell her the truth...

I know...and I want to. Is just that beginning with explaining that before mating with Richard I have to go through a ceremony in which the Moon Goddess may or may not speak to me, is not the easiest way to approach the subject.

Yeah you are right. I never really understood the connection between the ceremony and your sexual activities to be honest.

I could hear the smile in her voice.

Something about being pure and worthy.

Yeah, yeah, sounds boring.

I laugh and with that we all fall asleep.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello beautiful people!

Hopefully Aiden will appear in the next one! I am so excited to meet him.

So, question of the chapter! Favorite fairy tale? Mine has always been Beauty and the Beast, second favorite probably The Little Mermaid.

Kisses,

- Ins :*

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.7K 57 34
Emelina is a thief. Barrett is an Alpha. When Emelina breaks into Deep Haven and steals from the Alpha family, she expected a chase. She loved the ch...
232K 6.5K 33
FORGIVENESS is the best form of love... it takes a strong person to say SORRY and an even stronger person to FORGIVE... ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~...
450K 11.4K 46
The powerful almighty Alpha Maximums Black and his wolf Ares have been looking for their mate for nearly nine years, and the Alpha was ready to give...
1.4M 35.8K 37
*not edited* The prophecy says that every thousand years, Alpha twins would be born. They would share the same mate and share the Alpha power equall...