Fated Love (BWWM)

By -MVXANGEL

"Wherever your soul was before, mine was there too." - Hira He's Jackson. But he's also: Daniel. Theodore. Na... More

summary
cast
epigraph(s)
present day - 1
1950's - 1
1950's - 2
1950's - 3
present day - 2
1950's - 4
1950's - 5
1950's - 6
present day - 3
1960's - 1
1960's - 2
1960's - 3
present day - 4
present day - 5
1960's - 4
1960's - 5
1960's - 6
present day - 6
1960's - 7
present day - 7
1970's - 1
1970's - 2
1970's - 3
1970's - 4
1970's - 5
1970's - 6
1970's - 7
1970's - 9
present day - 8
1980's - 1
present day - 9
1980's - 2
1980's - 3
1980's - 4
present day - 10
1980's - 5
1980's - 6
present day - 11
Fated Love Soundtrack
1980's - 7
1980's - 8
1980's - 9
1980's - 10
present day - 12
present day - 13
present day - 14
present day - 15
present day - 16
present day - 17
A.U. 1990's - 1
present day - 18
A.U. 1990's - 2
A.U. 1990's - 3
present day - 19
A.U. 1990's - 4
A.U. 1990's - 5
A.U 1990's - 6
present day - 20
present day - 21
A.U. 1990's - 7
A.U. 1990's - 8
present day - 22
present day - 23
present day - 24
present day - 25
A.U. 1990's - 9
the end
Epilogue
A Talk With The Author / Book Club!
Fated Love (The New & Improved Version)

1970's - 8

2K 180 62
By -MVXANGEL

"For the murder of Ricardo Madeira in the second degree, we find the defendant Nathan Daniel Carter....guilty," the juror announced, making a lot of people groan. "Due to the high demand in males between 17 and 39, we sentence the defendant to draft for the ongoing war in Vietnam."

"What?!" Jessica screeched as she stood up. "No! No, you can't do that!"

"Order in the court!" The judge hammered his gravel.  "Nathan, due to US government's need of more soldiers in Vietnam, you're being drafted as your punishment. Would you prefer this or spend a minimum of ten to fifteen years in a state prison?" The judge asked.

"Prison! Prison! Pick prison!" Jessica was in hysterics.

"Miss Perez, I'm not going to ask you again to calm down!" The judge said again. He then looked over at Nate. "Nathan?"

Nate stands up tall and says, "I'll serve."

Jessica gasps as the judge bangs his gravel again and dismissed the court, declaring Nate on probation until basic training. Jessica just watched in pure horror as his family surrounds him, not believing what was happening.

Could things get any worse?

A sudden wave of nausea hits her stomach and just as Nate turns to make eye contact with her, she runs off, heading toward the nearest bathroom. "Jessica?" Her mom worryingly calls out as she watched her leave in a hurry. Her mom looks back at Nate before hurrying after her.

Jessica was puking her guts out in the nearest toilet bowl, while her mom rushed in and helped pull her hair back. "Jessie, are you okay? You've been so sick these past few days," her mom rubbed her back soothingly.

"It's the freaking stress of it all," Jessica replies when she was done. "I've been worried sick about him. Wondering if he'd survive jail," she said as she cleaned herself up at the sink."now I️ gotta worry and wonder if he'll survive war," she almost started tearing up again. "They're sending him off to some faraway place to fight some bullshit war and I'm...mama I'm so scared," she wailed, falling into her open arms.

"One thing I️ know about that white bot is that he's a survivor. He may have been born with a silver spoon in his mouth but my God he's overcome so many struggles. And Jessie I️ believe, as long as you two got love for each other, you two will always come back to each other."

Jessica nodded and finally left the bathroom, putting on a brave face as she walked down the corridor. She finally spotted Nate and although she was happy to see him without handcuffs, she also remembered why he was free. "Jess!" He exclaimed, wrapping his arms around her waist and pulling her close. That's when the waterworks started again. "Aw Jess, don't cry," he pulled back and made an effort to wipe the tears off her face. But it was all in vain because they just kept falling.

"How could you be so stupid?" She shoved his chest. "I'd prefer visiting you through glass than this!" She scolded tearfully.

"Trust me, you'd rather fight in a war than stay in prison too," he tries to reassure her. "If the war ends in a year or two and I'm still alive by the end of it, then we can be together," he tells her, his finger hooking under her chin to make her look at him. "This is our chance. I'm just taking it. Way better than getting out in fifteen years," he promised.

"But what if you die Nate?" She stressed. "That's the point I'm trying to make. You're gonna leave me alone-" another wave of nausea hits her, and she takes a couple of deep breathes before continuing. "You're gonna leave me after everything we've been through?" She looked up at him with sad eyes.

Nate took her hand in his and slowly got down on one knee, making everyone around them gasp and whisper.

"Jessica, you've been with me through thick and thin. Never once thought about giving up on us even though you had plenty of chances to, and well, I️ also think you're foxy as hell," he said as she stared at him with wide eyes. "You're my soulmate babe, no doubt about it. And I️'d be an idiot not to marry you," he says. "Jessica Eve Perez, will you do me the honor of being my wife?"

Her mom squealed with joy. His mom damn near toppled over. His father just watched in blatant disapproval.

"This is the part where you say "yes"," he whispered.

"But you're leaving soon," her voice was barely whisper.

"All the more reason," he said. "I'm not leaving until I️ make you my wife."

Jessica have him a somber smile. "Yes," She nodded.

"She said yes!" He announced, making all the courtroom bystanders cheer. He picked her up and spun her around, making her giggle in his ear, before cutting her off with a kiss.

"Okay, move! Move!" Her mom breaks them up, startling them both. "Oh my goodness! We have so much to do and plan," she gushed, hugging her daughter before turning her attention to Nate. "And you," she smiles widely, "welcome to the family!" She hugs him too, making them both laugh.

Nate looked up from her mothers embrace to see his parents both leaving, not looking back.

Well neither would he.

* * * *

"To Jessica and Nate!" Andy announces, making everyone rise their glasses to them. "Their love is...truly inspiring. Glad you found the one man," he points at him before taking a drink.

Everyone cheered before downing their drinks. Their reception took place at a fancy country club on the other side of town, that most of Jessica's family and friends couldn't believe it. She knew to them, she hit the jackpot. And she did believe that. But on the inside she sometimes couldn't help but wonder if this was a part of life or were they doomed from the start?

Nate took her head, grabbing her attention once more. "What's on your mind Mrs. Carter?" He nudged her softly, making her laugh.

"This surprise honeymoon you have planned. I️ really wanna know where we're going!" She whined, playfully shoving him. "All I️ now is that it's in the States. So what? Are we-"

The music changed from a slow song to a salsa song, making everyone get up on the dance floor. "Oh look! Salsa!" Nate stands, obviously avoiding her questions. "Let's go darling," he holds his hand out towards her.

Jessica rolled her eyes but allowed him to pull her up, leading her on to the dance floor, "you can't even dance salsa," she reminded him.

"Then teach me," he grinned, spinning around before catching her. They danced for a bit until the music changed to some upbeat disco songs, making everyone get out in the the floor. Jessica ran over to her mother, holding her hand out for her mom with Nate holding the other hand. "Come on mama, lets dance!" Nate encouraged. Her mother happily got up and took his hand, dancing with them contently.

Soon enough, the music slowed down to Luther Ingram's "If Loving You is Wrong (I Don't Want to Be Right)" with Jess and Nate slowly swaying side by side, her head laying against his chest, eyes closed.

"If loving you is wrong I don't wanna be right
If being right means being without you
I'd rather live a wrong doing life
Your mama and daddy say it's a shame
It's a downright disgrace
Long as I got you by my side
I don't care what your people say"

"You ready for that surprise now?" He murmured, making her look up at him. She nods her head and he takes her hand, leading her outside to the limo out front. They both climb in, and he tells the driver that they're headed for the airport.

"I've never been on a plane before!" She giggles excitedly as they both mess around in the back, trying to change out of their clothes into something more comfortable and casual. She kicked off her shoes while he peels off his jacket and loosens his tie. "A little help here?"
She points at the zipper behind her. He helps unzip her dress and she shimmies out of it.

He catches sight of her white lingerie and smirks. "Is that what I️ was supposed to unwrap at the end of the night?" He teases, making her roll her eyes as she pulls on a pair of bell bottoms and a blouse.

"Are you gonna tell me-"

"Nope."

Jessica sighed at she sat back after she finished changing. "Then I guess you won't be unwrapping anything tonight," she crosses her arms and turns her head away from him. He reaches out to touch her and she scoots away from him, giggling slightly.

"Oh come on!"

They finally reach the airport and Nate and the driver gets their luggage out the back for them. Nate does a good job of being secretive the entire time, keeping her in the dark about where they were going. They soon board the plane, probably giving off a newlywed aura because everyone kept giving them looks.

Five hours later and they land in their mystery destination. "Will you tell me where we are now?" She whines as soon as they touched down.

"Not yet Jess," he scolded.

They grabbed their luggage from baggage claim and hauled a cab outside the airport. Jess looked around, trying to find any signs of where they were when she noticed the license plate on the cab that was pulling up.

"Then we'll run away," he proposed. "We'll go somewhere where people don't know us. Where it's legal for us to be together."

Grace frowns sadly. "Danny," She lets out a choked sob. "Come on. Be realistic."

"We can make it work," he says determinedly. "We'll go to California. I'll work in a garage and you can star in movies," he joked, making her giggle slightly. "I️ know much you love Dorothy Dandridge, maybe you'll follow in her footsteps, you know?"

"California?" She gasped, making Nate look down at her with a smile.

"A buddy of mine owns a beach house in Malibu. He kind owes me," he explains as they got in the cab. "Welcome to California," he said as they pulled out of the airport and into the sunny, green land of Cali. She looked out and marveled at the natural beauty of the state, land and sea as she's never seen before.

They arrived to Malibu shortly, their vacation home having a fantastic view of the ocean. Jessica was about to enter when Nate stopped her. "Wait!" He said, rushing over to pick her up bridal style, making her squeal and giggle in delight. "Our home for the next two weeks," he announced as they crossed the threshold.

"Beautiful," she breathed out, looking up at him in pure joy. He looked back down at her and kissed her without restraint, making them both fall back into the couch with a laugh.

"I️ love you," she whispers.

"I️ love you too," he whispers back.
_______________________________
Yeesh, all of y'all thought of the damn worst. I know I️ traumatized y'all before but I'm not gonna do it again.

Anyways I️ came up with two more story ideas. Someone please stop me.

Comment and vote! Thank you 😚

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

461K 19.2K 60
Dylan Gold was only six years old when her mother died. Soon after, her father remarried a woman that despised her. At school, her step-siblings pret...
444 90 20
A girl who fell for her new classmate who was supposed to be her biggest competitor... Will she get the same love back even after he became her siste...
14.3K 294 4
To alleviate their boredom with the easy life, the wealthy Wilde brothers propose specific challenges to each other every year on their birthday. The...
276 2 12
"Don't Worry Butterfly, You can't escape from me now. I am going to love you in all the possible ways. I want to breathe you, get your name drilled i...