Marvellous days

By chantisweety

This is the sequel to 'Idyllic days'! Now that Carlisle and Esme miraculously have their own daughter Carlie... More

Marvellous Days
Chapter 2 -The Training-
Chapter 3 -Carlisle's Birthday-
Chapter 4 -What Are the Odds That...?-
Chapter 5 -Back in Forks: Cookies-
Chapter 6 -Pneumonia-
Chapter 7 -The Hospital-
Chapter 8 -Lightening the Mood-
Chapter 9 -Recovery-
Chapter 10 -Hide and Seek-
Chapter 11 -Christmas Shopping-
Chapter 12 -Silly Time-
Chapter 13 -Christmas Preparations-
Chapter 14 -A Dinner With Surprises-
Chapter 15 -Games-
Chapter 16 -Carlie's First Christmas-
Chapter 17 -Trip to the Mountains-
Chapter 18 -Mountain Lodge-
Chapter 19 -The Denalis-
Chapter 20 -Skiing-
Chapter 21 -Carlie's First Ski Trip-
Chapter 22 -Plans for the Future-
Chapter 23 -Ice Skating-
Chapter 24 -Surprise for Esme-
Chapter 25 -Sky Full of Stars-
Chapter 26 -Preparing for the New Year-
Chapter 27 -Happy New Year-
Chapter 28 -Last Day of the Trip/First Goodbyes-
Chapter 29 -More Goodbyes-
Chapter 30 -Mary and Peter-
Chapter 31 -Meeting Dr. Knightly-
Chapter 32 -Goodbye, Forks!-
Chapter 33 -A Tour of the New House-
Chapter 34 -Our New Neighbors-
Chapter 35 -Carlisle's First Day at Work/Part 1-
Chapter 36 -Carlisle's First Day at Work/Part 2-
Chapter 37 -Carlie Is Crawling!"
Chapter 38 -Zumba and Embarrassment-
Chapter 39 -Public Story and News-
Chapter 40 -Welcome Home!-
Chapter 41 -Terrified...-
Chapter 42 -Falling Into Depression-
Chapter 43 -"More Than My Own Life"-
Chapter 44 -Facing the Big Bad World-
Chapter 45 -Esme's Birthday-
Chapter 46 -Alice's Vision-
Chapter 47 -Carlie's Walking!-
Chapter 48 -What Is Wrong With Esme?-
Chapter 49 -Alice?-
Chapter 50 -Fatal-
Chapter 51 -Bad Dreams-
Chapter 52 -How To Become A Vampire Again: Part 1-
Chapter 53 -How To Become A Vampire Again: Part 2-
Chapter 54 -Ignoring the Signs-
Chapter 55 -Help?-
Chapter 56 -Painful Secret-
Chapter 57 -The First Step Is Always the Hardest-
Chapter 58 -Dancing Through the Rain-
Chapter 59 -Shattered-
Chapter 60 -The Countdown Starts...-
Chapter 61 -Day 6: Finding Peace...-
Chapter 62 -Day 5: The Denalis Are Coming-
Chapter 63 -The Final Straw-
Chapter 64 -Reconciliation: The Truth's Out-
Chapter 65 -The Turning Point-
Chapter 66 -Day 4: A Baby Boy Is Born!-
Chapter 67 -Day 3: Ours Friends Arrived-
Chapter 68 -Day 2: Letters of Goodbye-
Chapter 69 -Day 1: The Last Day of Our Forever-
Chapter 70 -The Last Night-
Chapter 71 -The Black Cloaks Are Emerging...-
Chapter 72 -Hope Is the Thing...-
Chapter 73 -Miracle-
Chapter 74 -Waking Up-
Chapter 75 -Recovery/A Normal Day For Once-
Chapter 76 -Carlie's First Birthday/Part 1-
Chapter 78 -Epilogue-
AN: new book!

Chapter 77 -Carlie's First Birthday/Part 2: Sweet Surprise-

439 10 4
By chantisweety

This will be most probably the last chapter (apart from the epilogue) of Marvellous Days! I hope you like it.

Carlisle swept me up into his arms as soon as we were out of the nursery. I giggled and kissed his neck. “I love you,” I whispered. “I love you, too,” he chuckled and kissed my hair. But instead of going downstairs, Carlisle carried me into our bedroom. I looked at him confused but he just had a huge smile on his face. Just then I noticed Alice standing at the vanity waiting for us. Carlisle set me down on my feet carefully and took my hand instead. “We should get you ready for Bella and Edward’s anniversary,” she smiled. “Okay,” I answered unsure. Carlisle waved and then left the room, leaving me alone with Alice.

Alice dressed me in a night blue floor length dress that had a neckline with glitter so that it sparkled in the light. It was fastened behind the neck so that my shoulders were uncovered. Alice put the earrings Carlisle had given to me on our anniversary in and made my makeup and hair. Alice even made my nails so that they were a glittery night blue. I got up and Alice towed me to the mirror.

The dress flowed nicely down my form, neither hiding nor accenting the baby bulge. My hair was left down but for the front part that was in some kind of braid pinned back. Alice had made me curls that flowed around my face. This type of hairdo reminded me much of the time I had worn my hair like that in the 20s in the first years of our marriage. She hadn’t put much makeup on, just some to accent my eyes. “Do you like it?” Alice asked excitedly. “Yes,” I said and couldn’t hide the smile.

“Then you only need the shoes,” she said and disappeared in my closet. Oh, please no high heels, I thought, but there was Alice again with a pair of sparkling silver sandals. “It is the kind of shoes I wouldn't have chosen normally, but I think it is the best solution for now,” she told me and put the shoes on my feet. “Oh, and don’t forget this,” Alice said and put the crest bracelet around my wrist together with the charm bracelet that I was wearing every day. Then she guided me down the stairs and we walked into the garden.

The entire decoration from Carlie’s party had already been removed and it looked like a totally different garden. The canopy was now looking like a sky full of stars with the twinkling lights. The pavilion was converted into a dance floor and had twinkling lights as well. The motto of the anniversary was their meadow apparently. The dishes and the buffet table were covered with bouquets of wild flowers in crystal bowls. The colors were ranging from lavender to dark blue and white. The tables itself had tablecloths like the ones on their wedding. It was all very well arranged and lovely.

I searched the groups of people for Edward and Bella, but I could only find Renesmee standing next to Rose and Kate. And I noticed one other thing: no one else was dressed differently than at Carlie’s party. I was the only one… Suddenly I felt cold arms wrapping around my waist and lips kissing my hair. I turned around looked right into Carlisle’s golden eyes. He had also changed his clothes so that he was wearing dark blue trousers with a dark blue jacket and I light blue button down shirt; His outfit fitted perfectly to mine. “You look stunning tonight, my love,” he whispered and leaned down for a kiss. I kissed him passionately and momentarily forgot my bewilderment over the dress…

Suddenly everyone clapped and Carlisle spun as around just in time to see Bella and Edward coming into the garden. He wore dark trousers and a dark blue button down shirt and Bella wore a short dark blue dress fitting to his outfit. Her hair was left down in curls. The most beautiful accessory she wore though was her smile. She smiled often of course, but this smile was different; it was a happy and loving but also a proud smile. Edward leaned down and kissed her shortly. Then they were hugged by their daughter.

We all talked in small groups and laughed. Carlisle never left my side, always holding me to him at the waist. Then we walked over to Edward and Bella to give them our present. Bella had already gotten jewelry and so on. I hugged both proudly and then Carlisle gave them the envelope. “Another envelope,” Edward laughed. “Well, we haven’t thought that you would give us one as well,” I laughed. Bella opened it and showed it then to Edward, who smiled. We had gotten them hotel and plane tickets to Paris for this weekend as kind of a second honeymoon. Bella hugged me and then Carlisle. Edward did the same. “Thank you, I really wanted to go to Paris again,” Bella smiled. Bella and I talked about what nice places they could visit in Paris, but I was also listening to Carlisle and Edward. Carlisle was throwing glances in my direction the entire time and they were whispering so quietly that I couldn’t understand anything, but then I was distracted by Renesmee, who wanted to talk to me.

Later that evening, Carlisle invited me to a dance the traditional way. “May I have this dance?” he asked and held his hand open. “Of course, my beloved husband,” I giggled and let him lead me to the dance floor. I had been sitting most of the evening so that others always sat next to me to talk, because I couldn’t stand for long periods yet. But we made an exception for the dance.

Carlisle swirled me around once and then held me to him and supported much of my weight with it. We danced the waltz slowly and I enjoyed the proximity to my husband as he swung us effortlessly over the dance floor. In between I caught a glimpse of Edward and Bella enjoying the dance and she smiled at me. We danced for two songs or so, most of them were Edward and Bella’s favorites and also Bella’s lullaby of course.

But then there was the song Carlisle and I had danced to that first evening as husband and wife: “Always” from Irving Berlin. I looked up at Carlisle and he smiled at me. But he seemed to be oblivious to the meaning of the song. Though suddenly Carlisle leaned down and sang the lyrics into my ear:

I'd forget to smile then I met you. Now that my blue days have passed. Now that I've found you at lastI'll be loving you always. With a love that's true always. When the things you've planned. Need a helping hand. I will understand always

Always

Days may not be fair always

That's when I’ll be there always

Not for just an hour

Not for just a day

Not for just a year

But always

I smiled as he sang the lyrics. I looked into his eyes and his golden ones were sparkling with excitement and love. I lay my hands on his shoulders and laid my head on his chest as Carlisle was still swirling us over the dance floor slowly.

I’ll be loving you, oh always

With a love that's true always

When the things you've planned

Need a helping hand

I will understand always

Always

He kissed my cheek and whispered I love you in between the lyrics. “I love you, too,” I whispered and kissed his neck. Everything around us could have broken down, I wouldn’t have noticed it. I was totally absorbed with Carlisle. I only saw him and the twinkling lights occasionally when he swirled us around in the pavilion. And the only thing I heard was the melody and Carlisle’s soft voice near my ear, singing the lyrics even more perfect.

Days may not be fair always

That's when I’ll be there always

Not for just an hour

Not for just a day

Not for just a year

But always

Not for just an hour

Not for just a day

Not for just a year

But always

“Always,” Carlisle whispered again and then leaned in for a kiss. I gave in eagerly and kissed him. I didn’t really pay attention to the next song playing, but it sounded like my song that Edward had composed for me nearly 90 years ago.

Carlisle broke the kiss and smiled hugely at me. His eyes showed so much love and adoration that I melted away in them and would have felt unsteady like the teenager in the hospital so many decades ago if Carlisle hadn’t held me protectively in his arms. He swirled us around again after that short pause, but then again stopped and smiled at me. He couldn’t help himself as all the excitement was shown on his face when he took my hands and kissed me softly.

I looked around disoriented after that. I noticed that we were at the end of the pavilion facing the forest. We were alone on the dance floor. Everyone else was talking at the tables or just standing in the garden and chatting. They didn’t seem to notice us, but especially Edward, Bella and Alice were glancing at us from time to time with a broad smile on their faces. Then I also saw Rose smiling sweetly at us, I smiled back. Carlisle regained my attention when he pushed a lose strand behind my ear and kissed my forehead.

“Come, I want to show you something,” he whispered into my ear. I looked confusedly at him. “We can’t just go… They would notice and it’s Bella and Edward’s party after all and what about Carlie…” I rambled, but Carlisle stopped me with a finger over my mouth and an amused smile. “Edward and Bella won’t mind and Carlie is sleeping soundly and isn’t alone. And in fact, my love, everyone knows…” he smiled. “Was that the thing you were hiding?” I asked and remembered the mysterious talking and hints two weeks ago. He didn’t answer but smiled excitedly at me.

He looked so much younger with the excitement flowing through him and the mischievous sparkle in his eyes. Carlisle tucked on my hand and I followed slowly but willingly. I loved it when Carlisle was letting go of his serious demeanor and was just the carefree husband of mine and so I found myself giggling when Carlisle lead me to the edge of the forest. We were still illuminated by the lights, so that Carlisle was glowing mysteriously, but with every step we walked further away from the lights and our family.

Suddenly Carlisle stopped and held his arms open for me. I looked at him questioningly. “Just trust me,” he whispered and smiled at me. “Of course I trust you, silly. I just don’t have an idea what you are doing,” I laughed. “That is the idea,” he said mysteriously and clearly enjoyed my confusion, I thought. I walked over to him and he swept me up into his arms, cradling me near his chest. I lay my head against his chest, my nose filling with his scent that was sweeter than any perfume. “Ready?” he asked and the mischievous and excited sparkle never left his golden eyes. “I think so,” I giggled and held onto his neck firmly. He kissed me once before he started running at vampire speed. I couldn’t see anything but I felt entirely safe in his embrace and just relaxed in his arms....

So, where is Carlisle taking Esme? :D It will be revealed in the Epilogue :)

-All rights belong to Stephenie Meyer-

-No copy right infringements intended-

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

277K 8.5K 23
A boy who would live forever fell in love with a girl who wouldn't last the year. "if i loved you less, i might be able to talk about it more." --- ...
586K 13.6K 45
Genesis Swan is the elder sister of Bella Swan. She and her sister move in with their father after their mother Renee and her new husband go off arou...
64.4K 1K 18
. She has been through hell. So believe me when I say, Fear her when she looks into a fire An...
173K 6.4K 40
What if Bella was adopted by the Cullens because of her father's abuse? (Sorry, Charlie) Will Bella and Edward still fall in love? Will Bella become...