More than just a friendship

By Stydia_Vanessa10

Stiles is your best friend, not to mention your older brothers best friend as well. Ever since your early tee... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Epilogue
A/N Please Read
New fanfic Left Unspoken ANNOUNCEMENT
UPDATES

Chapter 24

1.1K 13 43
By Stydia_Vanessa10

Y/n POV

"Y/n?" My heart is pounding against my chest as the light switch turns on to reveal Stiles. "W-what are you doing here?" He shrugs out of his jacket as I fumble with my words.

"Well I- I was thinking about earlier and I wanted to talk to you about it." My hands begins to shake along with my voice while tears prick my eyes. I'm not quite sure as to why tears start to glass my eyes but they did. And just as quickly as they came I wiped them away faster.

"Yeah what was that back at your house? Everything okay?" Stiles walks closer to me this time and tries to lean down to press a kiss to my head when I tilted it away from him.

"No actually it-" Furrowing my brows at the familiar strawberry and lavender scent wavered in the air. I glance up at Stiles before bunching up a handful of his shirt within my hands to smell the girly perfume.

"What the hell are you doing?" Stiles whisper shouts.

My lips start to tremble as I bite down in a attempt to stop it from happening. "Where did you go?" I asked as flashbacks of him saying he was tired spiked in my mind.

"I went on a drive to clear my head, what's going on?" Moving away from his body casted over my own I give him a distrusting look.

"You were with Lydia weren't you?" Stiles fumbles with his words as his mouth opens and close without any words. "I can't believe you! You ask for my trust and I give it to you but than you go off and pull this shit!"

"I k-know but it's not what it seems like." Stiles takes a step closer which makes me take one back. Affliction is evident within his eyes as he tries to ignore what I just did. "Jackson was circling around her house to see if Lydia was home, she however didn't know this and had her bedroom lamp on." He pauses for a moment before continuing. "He broke into her house and well Lydia panicked as one would and called me."

Frustration surges up inside of me as I stare at the man in front of me. "You didn't have to lie about it." Is all I could make out as I wrapped my arms around my waist. The rough outline of the simple but revealing lace lingerie is hidden beneath my baggy clothing.

God I feel so stupid for even thinking something like this would happen tonight! I just wanted to get the stupid conversation over with and show my affection towards the man I love but the lies and the secrets are forbidding me to do so.

"Would you have been okay with it if I had said something?" Stiles looks over my body as if he is trying to read me but nothing comes out of it when his eyes meet my own.

"Yes of course I would Stiles! She was in trouble I get that, I get the fact that you needed to help her but what the hell happened to her calling Jordan?!"

"Who's Jordan?" I wanted nothing more than to yell at him but I knew I couldn't...not at this.

"Jordan Parrish her boyfriend, why couldn't she call him?" The more I held eye contact with him the more I wanted to run the other direction and not come back.

"Oh...I don't know if you couldn't tell from what I just told you I barely had time to ask any questions." Wiping under my eyes I walk into the direction of the bathroom and start stripping away from my pajamas to remove the uncomfortable lingerie in annoyance. "W-what are you doing?" Stiles respectfully turned away from me as he waited for my response.

"Well Stiles I thought the two of us could have a night alone but I guess I was wrong to assume things could actually turn out for once. Gosh I'm so stupid to ignore my gut all day!" I try to rip away from the black elastics that surround me but I only release a frustrated groan in the progress.

"What's that suppose to mean?"

"It means your mind has been somewhere else after the whole kiss thing with Lydia!" I spit out as the same familiar tears well up in my eyes.

"My mind?! How about your mind. You say you have forgiven me but I don't hear you saying I love you, I don't see a single ounce of affection coming from you!"

I glare at him before going back to removing the black material. "Maybe if you showed up sooner I could have explained." Huffing out a breath I walk out of the bathroom and walk back into his room.

"Where do you have your scissors?" Placing both my hands on my hips I stare at his wandering eyes.

"I- on top of my desk." Only when I walk past him is when he finally looks at me. "Want some help?"

"No." I mutter and walk back into the bathroom to cut the annoying thin but tangled straps.

Great a hundred and forty dollars down the drain.

Once I'm done I change back into my clothes and throw the cut up outfit to Stiles. "Don't wait up on me." I go to grab the knob of the door when his hand touches my shoulder.

Turning back slightly I reply with "You know the worse part about this all is that I can't even get mad at you" and just like that I walk out the door.

I hear his footsteps behind me but I don't bother to turn around as I get into my car and drive down the block. All the tears I have been holding back are finally released when my vision becomes blurry. I pull over on the side and rest my head against the steering wheel and scream.

Is it always going to be her?

Am I always going to be the last choice?

Sitting in my anger for a few minutes I let out a much needed breath before driving off to the only place open at three in the morning.

The familiar green sign illuminates through the darkness with the words Randy's Diner comes into view when I step out of my car. The little bell on the door rings when I push it open.

"Y/n!" A soft voice yells when my gaze lifts up from my shoes a bright smile takes over my face.

"Liam!" I run towards him at the exact moment he comes out from behind the counter and opens his arms wide. The heavy impact we make when our bodies collides leaves us in a giggling fit as Liam lifts me off the ground and swings me around.

"What are you doing here so late?!" Liam mumbles into my hair and sets me down.

"I was craving one of those's waffles with the one scoop of vanilla and chocolate ice cream on top."Smiling into his neck I hug him tighter as it's been too long since the last time I saw him.

"Two waffles or one?"

"Two."

"Two waffles coming up!" Liam shouts before pulling away from me and kissing my forehead. I watch him walk back into the kitchen while my eyes land on a clueless Mason.

Giving a smug smile to myself I walk behind the teenage boy counting money and grip both his shoulders "Boo!" He jumps back slightly before a wide smile is spread across his face.

"N/n! Where have you been?"

"Oh just out and about." I grin and move around to embrace him.

"I've missed you!" Mason says as he squeezes me too tight.

"M-Mason I-I can't b-breathe!"

"Oh sorry." He pulls away from me and gives me a light hearted smile. "Why the sudden urge for waffles at-" Mason looks down at his watch before raising a brow "Four in the morning."

I bite the corner of my lips and gaze down for a few moments. "I have wacky craving's at night, don't question me." I wiggle my brows at him when I hear the sudden shouts of Liam coming from the kitchen. The two of us make eye contact with each other before we run to the screeching boy.

"Dude! What the hell is going on?" Mason looks frantically around the room and inhales a breath.

"The oil splashed on me." He is suddenly well aware of how stupid he may sound which allows me to shake my head and bite back a laugh.

"You don't need oil to make waffles idiot."

"I was cleaning the fryer." Liam's says in a duh tone. Mason gives him a disappointing look and pats his back.

"I can tell you this right now that you haven't missed much around here." Giggling to myself I move across the room to the candy section and select one.

"What is she doing?"

"I don't know, why is she here?"

"You think something's wrong?"

"You guys suck at whispering." I rip the head of my gummy bear off between my teeth as I swirl around.

"Well-"

"We-" Mason and Liam both look over at each other while they move their hands around. Letting out a deep breath I set aside my candy.

"I know that we haven't spoken for awhile and I know it's weird for me to just show up here so late but can we set aside the multiple questions the two of you have?"

They slowly nod their heads in agreement while I start to smell something burning.

"Liam what's burning?" His eyes widen before he scrabbles around the large kitchen area to the smoking waffles maker.

"Shit! Shit! Shit!" He yells while Mason begins a screaming match with him.

"I told you so many times not to leave the machine unoccupied." A loud slap his heard when he slaps him in the head.

"I'm sorry! No Mason get away don't you- Mason!" Liam runs out of the kitchen as Mason starts to whip around the dirty rag from cleaning the tables.

Shaking my head I walk back out of the kitchen and take a seat at one of the counters stools. The pepper and salt containers are placed on top of the table as Liam was refilling the small shakers before I arrived. As I wait for my waffles to be done I finish his job as my mind wanders about the argument. Stiles was doing what he did best, helping others and although it was something I loved dearly about him it was also an annoying trait of his because no matter what he'll always go running back.

I come to this diner just a few minutes out of town because it's where I go for some peace and quiet. No one will ever find me here as it isn't a common place.

"Okay so I added a bit of cinnamon into the waffles and I added Caramel drizzle over the ice cream." Giving Liam a small polite smile I grab the plate within my hands.

"Thank you." I mumble as I take the fork and knife only to start eating at the meal in front of me. "Mmm." I moaned at the first bite before I look up at him. "It's delicious...I forgot how good your food is." A blush is exposed on his cheeks as he tilts his head to the side slightly.

"You didn't have refill the shakers." Shrugging my shoulder I take another bite and just like I was distracted once again by my overwhelming thoughts. Each piece was hinted towards the hidden anger and sadness I felt, I was holding back every feeling that was coming to destruct me.

"Hey." Liam grasp's my hand within his and moves the plate away from me when he notices the rapid bites. "Is everything okay?" I nod my head and try to reach for my food again when Liam pushes it away.

"Liam I'm fine." He returns a "really" face as I grab a napkin beside me.

"You're not okay, Y/n you wouldn't have came here if something didn't happen." I stay still in my seat as I don't make eye contact with him. "N/n." Liam takes the paper out of my hand next while he tries to get my attention once again.

"I can't even get mad at him."

"Who?"

"I'm never going to be like her or anything he wants." I mumble while tears stream down my face. Sensing this is a sensitive conversations he moves around the counter and sits in front of me.

"You don't have to be anyone else but yourself and if he can't see that than he's missing out. "

Shaking my head side to side I mutter "I'm slowly losing him with the lies and the sneaking out." I allow my feet to swing back and forth with my head bowed down.

Feeling a hand pressed up against my cheek I gaze up at the alluring blue eyes in front of me. "Than make sure it doesn't happen, win him back." Letting out a small whimper I cover my face as I didn't want Liam to see me cry.

"Wounds heal. People move. Things change." Mason says from across the diner making me sob.

"Yeah. But it still hurts, though" I bring my knees up to my chest while I play with the loose strand sticking out from the bottom of my pants.

(Season 6 episode 11 Said the Spider to the Fly)

"Y/n it's Stiles; isn't it?" I only manage to nod my head as I rest my cheek on my knee. "I-I went over to his house to apologize but an hour turned into three and three turned into me sitting on his bed like a dumbass, so when he finally did arrive I smelt her perfume. I asked Stiles about it but he told me it was nothing and I know it's nothing-" I couldn't tell them the real reason as I respected her personal business but I still can't help the feeling that I'm slowly losing everything good around me. 

"You have to stop overthinking it, if he says there's nothing going on than you have to respect that. " Mason walks over and pulls a chair out next to me.

"Remember when we were eight and you stopped talking to me because you thought I didn't want to be your friend anymore." Liam chuckles at the memory the two of us shared.

"You're the one who said ' I can't talk to you.'  so I thought you hated me." Mason holds a hand on his mouth as he stares between us. "That doesn't even make sense." He flutters his eyes at me for a second before Mason responds.

"The point is you overthink and you run off before people even have the chance to explain themselves and all were saying is to at least let him explain himself."

I roll my eyes and huff out a breath "I already did and I understand why he did it."

"Than tell him how you feel about it." Both their eyes never leave mine as if there expecting me to disagree with them but I find myself thinking there words over and realizing how true it is.

"I'll think about it." Looking down at my phone I nudge my head to the boys. "I should probably get going, thank you for the waffles and...well everything."

"Don't wait too long to pass by here again and our table is always open for you at school." Mason says as he stands up from his chair and tightly hugs me again before walking off to leave Liam and I alone.

"You want me to pack your waffles to go?" I nod my head and watch him stand up to collect my meal. Within a matter of a minute he manages to put it into a takeout box. We smile at each other before he presses a hand to the small of my back and leads me outside towards my car. "I'm happy you showed up tonight; I really missed you."

Biting the corner of my lips I hold up one finger indicating to give me a minute before setting aside the food on the passenger seat. Once I'm done I jump into Liam's arms, making him stumble back slightly.

"I really missed you too." As were engulfed in each other my mind wanders back to the last time. "Liam?"

"Yeah."

"I'm sorry for what I did and how I treated you. It wasn't my proudest moment and if I could take it all back I would...in a heart beat." Cupping my face within his hands he shakes his head.

"Y/n you don't have to apologize over it, it was my fault I shouldn't have-" The beautiful gloss of his bright blue eyes shine vividly through the countless memories of that day.

"No it is certainly not your fault because you did nothing wrong. Liam all you did was try and tell me something important to which I completely shut down and judged you on." He nods his head in understanding. "Listen on Monday we can discuss more about it but right now I've got to get home and so do you." Pecking his cheek lightly I back up into my car and shut the door.

"Goodnight N/n."

"Goodnight."

                      ---------------------------------

Last night everyone was asleep when I arrived home from my late night adventure which made my morning easier since I didn't have to cover up my tracks.

"You know Stiles was here all night." Scott pushed past me in the kitchen in order to grab his toast in the toaster.

"Really?" My eyes searched his eyes as I was shocked to say the least.

"Yeah he said something about the two of you getting into another argument and how he wanted to make it up to you." Widening my eyes I grab the other toast Scott made and take a quick bite out of it before running towards the door. "Hey!"

"Don't expect me home any time soon." Right before I shut the door I turn back over to look at Scott "Also it needs more Nutella!"

And just like that I got into my car once again and drove to the grocery store to pick up a few items before making my way towards Stiles's house.

Just when I pull up into his neighbourhood I notice Stiles walking out of his house as he tries to fix his flannel before getting into his car and driving away. At this I narrow my eyes at him and decide to follow just a few cars behind him. Every turn and every building that we pass looks too familiar as if I've gone were he is headed, it takes a couple of minutes to actually realize that Stiles is driving to "Our Spot". Both my hands grip the steering wheel as I hold back sentimental tears.

He's still looking for me.

Minutes feel like hours and seconds feel like days until we pull up into the parking lot of the beach. I of course stay back away from his vision as I watch him scramble out of his car....almost falling out in the process of course before running into the direction of the spot which allows me to process my next "big" move. I allow myself to shake my head and my my hands while I do the unthinkable thing and park my car beside his pale blue jeep. Just when I got out I see Stiles walking back breathing heavy while running a hand through his unkempt hair.

"Fuck." Completely ignoring my presences he stands in front of his jeep before throwing his keys at the window. "Why do I always hurt the ones I love? Why am I such a screw up."

A ding is heard each time he smashes the keys at the windows allowing for my heart to tug. "Stiles!" I yell and slam my car door before I run towards him. He doesn't seem to hear me as he is too caught up in his rage so I do the next best thing and grip his arms. "Stiles! Hey I'm right here, I'm here." Tears prick my eyes when Stiles turns around and glances down at me.

"Baby"
--------------------

Hey Everyone!

I need your opinions do I have the next chapter in Y/n's POV or Stiles POV? Let me know in the comments down below!

Follow me on Instagram and TikTok at Nessa.books for updates and sneak peaks!!

Also how did you feel about the whole Y/n and Liam? What happened during there past? Do we like the friendship between Mason, Liam and Y/n?

Hope you all have a great day or night and always remember to love yourself because you are beautiful!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.2M 45.9K 57
Welcome to The Wattpad HQ Community Happenings story! We are so glad you're part of our global community. This is the place for readers and writers...
232K 7.4K 20
An Avenger's High School AU Pietro and Tony have made a bet. Who can keep a girlfriend longer? Pietro searches for a girl, and when he finally finds...
35.1K 2.6K 45
𝘈 𝘗𝘦𝘳𝘧𝘦𝘤𝘵 𝘛𝘳𝘶𝘦 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦....
545K 7.8K 62
𝙈𝙄𝙎𝘾𝙃𝙄𝙀𝙑𝙊𝙐𝙎 ❥ -𝐈𝐍 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐂𝐇 jj and ava fall for each other, when they both know they shouldn't. "𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙠𝙣𝙤𝙬 𝙞'𝙙 𝙛𝙪𝙘𝙠 𝙮𝙤�...