Attraction Is The Easy Part...

By anamika_writes

• • • • Attraction is spontaneous, but Relationship is not. • • • • Shivaay has celebrated celibacy so far. H... More

P R E L U D E
Chapter 1 : Meet Him
Chapter 2 : Meet Her
Chapter 4 : Meeting Again!
Chapter 5 : Amidst Confusion
Chapter 6 : Yes or No?
Chapter 7 : Wedding On The Cards?
Chapter 8 : Laughter and Smiles
Chapter 9 : Hues Of Romance
Chapter 10 : Slow Dancing
Chapter 11 : Awkward Affair
Chapter 12 : Warm Advances
Chapter 13 : Confusing Proximity
Chapter 14 : Exquisite Experience
Chapter 15 : Dazed Curiosity
Chapter 16 : Impassioned Encounters
Chapter 17 : Flaming Fondness
Chapter 18 : Unforeseen Circumstance
Chapter 19 : All in a day's time
Chapter 20 : Healing Time
Chapter 21 : Inevitable Affinity
Chapter 22 : Comforting Closeness
Chapter 23 : Shedding Diffidence
Chapter 24 : Subtle Seduction
Chapter 25: Fervent Temptation
Chapter 26 : Growing Fondness
Chapter 27 : Consuming Attraction
Chapter 28 : Gratifying Mornings
Chapter 29 : Boiling Desires
Chapter 30 : Unexpected Encounters
Chapter 31 : Of Bygones
Chapter 32 : Of Bygones (II)
Chapter 33 : Temporary Fixtures
Chapter 34 : Life Goes On
Chapter 35 : Completely Smitten
Chapter 36 : Insatiable Needs
Chapter 37 : Cherishing Togetherness
Chapter 38 : Sparks Of Love
Chapter 39 : Reality Checks
Chapter 40 : Something Like Love
Chapter 41 : Of Flowers and Hearts
Chapter 42 : Perplexing Emotions
Chapter 43 : Between Heart and Mind
Chapter 44 : Strong Attachment
Chapter 45 : Making Mends
Chapter 46 : Talking Hearts
Chapter 47 : Sparkling Intimacy
Chapter 48 : A New Chapter
• Bonus Scene •

Chapter 3 : The Dinner

8.4K 864 195
By anamika_writes

Shivaay looked at his phone for the sixth time in four minutes. He tapped his fingers on the table looking around. She should be here at any moment. 

Anika smiled at the footman who opened the door for her. She curled her fingers into the palm of her hand, not even feeling them dig in. She took a deep breath and looked at the table numbers hanging high above the tables fastened to golden chains. Her eyes settled on the digit seven written in a pretty script. Soon her lips pursed as she saw a couple at the table. Wasn't it seven? She walked towards the table while simultaneously swiping her phone screen to look at the text message again.

"Anika?" She heard someone call her name. She froze on spot and taking a deep breath turned around to see who had called her. Her eyes fell on a handsome man with dazzling oceanic blue eyes. He looked familiar, she felt like she had seen him before. His face appeared handsome with the stubble neatly kept. She walked forward as he stood, maintaining a smile on his pinkish lips.

"Hi!" Anika said, a little awkwardly rather.

"Hi!" He spoke, his voice was soft. He extended his hand towards her. She smiled forwarding her hand. He shook her hand. The sudden warmth that transferred to her hand made her pull back quickly.

"I thought it was table seven.." She began speaking casually.

"Yeah. Was supposed to be that. Umm. But the couple requested a swap."

"Oh!" She said sitting on the chair while he sat on the couch attached to the wall. She quickly pulled away from her gaze from him to the table and surroundings not wanting to gawk at him. He was a good looking man. Far more good looking than she expected if she was, to be honest. But she didn't forget, he was rich as well. Rich and good looking didn't necessarily mean spoilt but well it typically was that way.

Shivaay was amazed at the beauty before him. Clearly, the picture sent to him was captured by a pathetic photographer who could make the best look average. She had beautiful almond-shaped eyes. Not to forget those beautiful eyelashes that flickered when she looked away. Shivaay took the opportunity of her lack of attention on him and stared at her long neck that led down to her bounty bosom. He couldn't look away, the tight-fitting deep red kurti highlighted her womanly assets. God, not already! He chided his thoughts, it had been only a minute and his mind was playing a bad boy.

There were three things that needed to be ticked for a Yes from him. Looks, Character, and Compatibility. The first on the list had already been ticked. He smiled looking at her. His gaze was weirdly attracted to her lips.

She looked at him to find him smiling at her. His smile transformed to what almost seemed like a humorous grin. She wondered if she looked funny. She ran her hand from the side to the back of her neck, awkwardly. The waiter came and placed a menu card before them. When that grin still didn't wipe off from his face, Anika decided to question. "What is it? Ahh, do I look funny or something?"

He chuckled. "No. Guess, you don't recollect."

"Recollect what?"

"We have seen each other before."

"Oh, have we?" Anika asked uncertainty gripping her. His face especially the lower half did look familiar.

"Yup. Today afternoon, you ran into me, literally." He grinned as his eyes sparkled with mirth. He looked adorable, she thought.

"Oh, Oh. Right. The man in the sidewalk in sunglasses, that was you. No wonder I thought I had seen you before. I am so sorry. I was in a hurry and.."

"Relax. It's fine. Happens." He smiled opening the menu card. Anika smiled. A man with a good memory!

"What would you prefer for starters?"

Anika picked up the menu card opening it. "Ahh.." She bit her lower lip reading the description below each dish's name. Darn, there was nothing on the list that she could order. They were proper French dishes, she couldn't even pronounce them forget about guessing what they could be.

Shivaay had been staring at her lower lip pressed between her teeth. His mind spinning explicit scenarios. He quickly drank some water and forced his gaze down on the menu. She was pretty.  Very gorgeous but that didn't mean he had to shamelessly gawk.

"How about you order something? I..." Anika's voice trailed off as she flipped another page. Why did she not look at the menu before? She loved trying out new stuff. Her mother knew that well, always found new places for these dates. Alright dinner meetings. But right now she already hated this place.

"I guess you aren't much of a person who tries new stuff?" He asked carefully gauging her reaction.

"No, I like trying new stuff, with-- a few exceptions, but here there's... Oh wait. I will have this salad." She immediately spoke, with confidence making a comeback in her voice.

He smiled. "How about we walk to the Indian restaurant three buildings to the right from here. It has some great authentic food."

Anika didn't want to look like a fool. But perhaps she already looked like one to him. May the stupid menu be damned. She wasn't really a person who'd care what people had to say about her or feel about her. But she certainly didn't want to look like a stupid woman to him. She wondered why though. "That's a great idea but I guess we can try.."

"Oh, come on. You can be honest". He said turning to the last page of the menu. In all honesty, he surely could try out a few dishes, they seemed promising. The menu sure had been beautifully crafted. But right now nothing was more important than casting a gentleman image of himself on her mind. Women loved men who took care of small things, didn't they? Besides, he really didn't want her to go back home with an unsatisfied appetite. That would be such a pity if all she remembered from their date was-- the menu and the food!

"Well, then let's go " Anika spoke hesitantly. 

He smiled, rising from his chair. On the way out he paid for the juice he had had while waiting for her.

"I am sorry.." She said sheepishly, feeling bad for him. He perhaps came prepared for a nice French dinner. 

"For? Running into me?" He asked flirtatiously smiling, turning sideways.

"Ahh, no!" She laughed. "For spoiling the idea of a French dinner."

"I like honest people. They are sort of rare to find." He stared at her while his eyes twinkled. 

"I like them too." She spoke softly, looking into his eyes. Was he magician or something? He made her feel comfortable in her skin, which most people didn't. Especially, not a guy she was meeting for the first time.

"So, tell me a little about yourself," he said as they walked down the pavement.

"What do you want to know?"

"Your favorite food for starters?" He flashed her a smile.

"Anything mom makes. "

"Wow. Mumma's girl is it?"

Anika giggled in response. "You could say so. But I like eating anything that's made with love. It sort of makes the difference. May sound stupid but I still stick to it. Of course, there are exceptions. Like...you make ladyfingers with all the love and I will still hate it."

He laughed, "you're different from the others."

"Others?" She questioned as they walked into the lavish restaurant. The aroma of Indian spices hitting her nostrils. She already had a healthy appetite. 

"Yeah. Before you, I've seen like ten."

"Wow. You must be very choosy then." Anika remarked as the waiter led them to an empty table for two along the wall.

"No. Not really. Certainly not, more than you." He teased.

Anika surprisingly wasn't offended. She smiled stupidly. But hearing, he had rejected ten, she was sure she might have the same fate as the other ten. He was rich, handsome and flirty, obviously, he would want a lady who matches his charm. Nevertheless, she could enjoy a good dinner, she thought, as she saw a waiter carry a Gujarati Thaali to the table at the end. Immediately, her mind was consumed by nothing but food.

* * *

Conversations flowed easily. Anika sort of did like him. Much contrary to the other guys she had seen before. He wasn't very particular about telling about himself. He was asking about her. She asked a few questions as well. But she kept it casual. Now that there was a chance, that there was no future between them. So she spoke to him as she would to a new-made friend.  But she had to admit she liked him. He was a very comfortable person to be around. Well, she couldn't really draw conclusions based on a single meeting, could she? He told her about his family and his work. he was a typical businessman minting money through family business spread across a variety of fields.

Shivaay had ticked off the second on the list– Character. The way she enthusiastically spoke about her hobbies and her family gave away that she was a totally family-type person having a social existence. She was into marketing for a company that dealt with stuff for babies. She worked for an NGO in her free time. Her family comprised of her mother. The other extended family was sort of having their own life quite unlike his. The manner in which she thanked the waiter who's served them with the typical 'Thank You Bhaiya' made him smile.

He was surprised how she had no demands or any questions to ask about what after marriage. It looked more like a casual dinner with a friend. She was the kind he'd love to have as a wife. She spoke a lot. But that was great. Cause he didn't like to do much talking. But what was even greater was that she had a quite unique outlook to life and whatever she spoke was peppered with humor, lame at times, in fact, at most times, but still humor or sarcasm. 

Sarcastic women were sexy. Period. Well, at least he found them. But what was the best was the way she smiled shyly when he made a teasing or flirtatious remark. He sure thought he could see that for an entire lifetime. In short, he liked her very very much.

Shivaay wanted to know her thoughts on marriage and what she expected out of it. Or what her future plans in life were. But the evening had been light and easy. They were almost filled until the neck after the desert. So he kept quiet about it. All he wanted was a yes from her. At least a yes to meeting again, if not marriage. It was sort of difficult to make out if she liked him or not. Most of the other ladies he had met spoke like they were ready to marry him the next day if he asked. But, she was different. 

"So ...do you want me to drop you somewhere?" He asked as they walked out after the delicious dinner. He liked how she opted to pay half the bill. Not entirely, not nothing at all. A sharp half! Despite the fact that he wanted to pay the whole bill, he remained silent.  Surprisingly, he had never let a woman pay before. Sake of chivalry!

"Oh, that won't be necessary you'll have to tag my two-wheeler to your car if you did that!" She gave a wide smile.

He chuckled. What a way of saying that she had her own vehicle! This was it. Her different way of life had him impressed.

"So ..!" He asked stopping and digging his hands into his pocket. Please say you want to meet again! He spoke in his head.

"It was nice meeting you." She spoke softly, her lips curving up.

"Nice meeting you, too!" He said his eyes carefully observing how her lips moved. His thoughts were back to her lips. As she tucked her hair behind he realized that she had pretty nice fingers. Oh no. He thought, realizing that his twisted thoughts were beginning to churn. Those fingers had his imagination running wild. God, I need a wife before my unsatisfied desires kill me raw. He spoke in his mind.

"See yaa!" She said turning and walking away.

"See yaa!" He whispered looking at her retreating figure intently. Should he ask if they could meet again? Would he come around as desperate?

Anika wondered if she should ask or say anything. Did the entire dinner meeting have a meaning? She bit her lower lip thinking. Maybe not. She should perhaps just leave. His voice stopped her in tracks.

"Let's meet again?" 

A smile flashed on her face, she immediately turned around. Her cheeks growing warm. She felt butterflies in her stomach. Oh my God! Did that mean something like -- "maybe it could work."  She was super excited. She liked him so far. "Sure, good night!" She smiled containing her excitement.

"Night!" He grinned running his hand at the back of his hair. Did it mean the deal could finally be done? She --as his wife? God! He was so excited!

What do you think of their 1st meeting?

– Anami!💖

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

378K 59.9K 78
Being the heiress of one of the richest businesses in India was not something Annika Vardhan Kabeer felt proud of. Having lost her mother at childbir...
35.3K 2.9K 24
it's a story about shivika...❤their first meet was with an accident & annika lost her memory. then friends to lovers. They didn't confess their f...
267K 24.2K 36
-COMPLETED- * "Fhat the wuck" Shivaay shouted. "What the hell" Anika shouted. "Anika and me?" Shivaay asked shocked. "Shivaay bhaiyya and me?" Anik...
85.6K 9.4K 27
Anika is a widow, she lives in a village while Shivaay visits the village for some business deal. He looks at Anika and falls in love at first sight...