COLDHEARTED MAFIA BOSS

By GertaMiftari

COMPLETED Clare Dixon thought she couldn't trust anybody but her parents and her best friend Lisa until the... More

Editing
Author's note
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51 (part one)
Chapter 51 (part two)
SEQUEL OUT!!!!
Instagram
Publishing!!!
Coldhearted Mafia Boss

Chapter 42

2.5K 86 4
By GertaMiftari

Clare's POV

This time I'm not letting her ruin anything. My time, no Daemon's and my time is way too precious for her being able to ruin it.

"Hey Rob, how are you doing?" I asked him kindly.

"I'm good. How about you and the baby?" Rob asked in return with a wide smile plastered on his face, but there was something weird about him.

He looked so much paler and skinnier. I could see the dark rings under his eyes and his eyes looked so empty. The hazel color didn't seem to be as much filled with life as before.

What's wrong with him?

"We're fine. Thank you for coming over." I gave him a quick smile before we let them inside. My eyes never landed on Laura's ones, even though I could feel her nasty glance on me.

Daemon and I looked at each other for one second before we turned back and gave our full attention to our 'guests' that came uninvited, but at the same time we both knew that at least Rob was going to come.

"Why do you guys have wet hair?" Rob asked, when we arrived at the living room.

"We took a hot nice shower, but then you came and interrupted our steamy shower time." Daemon smirked at me, when he saw me blushing.

Kind of embarrassing, but I knew that Laura heard that, so it wasn't that bad of an idea. It's like Daemon is trying to show Laura that I'm his and he's mine. That's good.

"If we knew you would come over, I would have prepared something." I smiled apologizing.

Laura started laughing devilishly. "We wouldn't have wanted to eat something from you, anyways."

I just ignored her and gave Daemon a knowing smile. A smile that told him I was about to punch her. That little monster can be glad I'm pregnant or else she would've been bleeding out already.

Rob took her away from us to the corner of the room. His hand wrapped around her wrist tightly.

"Shut up, Laura. I'll kill you if you start doing that again, understood?" He whisper-yelled.

I don't know why he even tried to whisper, when we could hear every single word he said.

Laura's face expression didn't change one tiny bit. She rather looked bored.

"I want to talk to Rob about their relationship, because I feel like there's something wrong and I need to know what. Is it okay if I let you here with her alone?" Daemon put my face in between his large hands.

No, it's not. What type of question is that? What normal and healthy woman would want to stay with a type of person like Laura?

"Yes, it is, but please hurry up." I took his hand in mine. "I love you."

"I love you, too. It's going to take us two minutes only. Don't worry. If she does something stupid, call me immediately." He caressed my cheek before he gave me a kiss.

Sighing, Daemon called him. "Rob, I need to talk to you about something important. It doesn't take too long, though."

It kind of hurts how things have changed since Laura appeared. I wish she didn't exist, I mean she ruined everything.

"Can't we just talk here? I really don't want to be too formal today." Rob frowned.

My eyes widened at the look on Rob's face. He's never looked this vulnerable before, everybody knew him as the funny and happy man that never took anything too serious. But what I see now is a sad and tired man that lost all hope in life.

"Okay, well, what's going on between you and that childish whore?" Daemon came straight to the point ignoring anybody's feelings. "If you think of lying to me then you can go out of this house and never come back. With your 'girlfriend'."

Laura slightly flinched at his words, but tried not to look too sad probably.

I hit Daemon with my elbow. "What he's trying to say is that he doesn't want to get lied to. That's understandable, right?"

Rob nodded with a knowing smile. "Let's sit down. This is going to be a little unexpected, I think."

Daemon and I had exchanged a confused look before we sat on the couch of the living room. I had no idea what he was going to tell us, but I wanted to know so badly.

"Do I love her? No. Did I try to love her? Yes. Did I try to at least pretend to love her? Yes. Did it work? No." Rob said in a monotonous voice. I saw the bored, but also tired face expression.

What was he talking about? Was everything forced between them?

"Rob, shut the fûck up. If you say one more word about that, I'll kill you all." Laura whisper-yelled, but she didn't look angry surprisingly.

Was she trying to sound intimidating? I could have laughed, but I didn't, because I was so shocked of how hard she was trying to sound dangerous.

What she really deserves, is a slap. A big fat slap across the face.

"Can't you just shut up. Don't you see how nobody is scared of you?" I rolled my eyes. "Just let him talk."

I was way too tired to argue with someone like her. Laura is just one sick girl that thinks she could control everything, like how she thought she would be able to break me and Daemon apart.

"I have to marry her, because she's pregnant. The child is mine this time. Her parents and mine forced us to this marriage crap as soon as they learned about her unintended pregnancy. Everything was supposed to be an one-night-stand, but I was stupid enough to sleep with her without protection." Rob said before he let out a big sigh.

"Why the hell haven't you told me anything about it?" Daemon asked angrily.

"Have you told me the truth about the other pregnancy from her? I was kind of disappointed that you lied to me about that. I'm your best friend. You could've told me about you mistake also." Rob gave him an answer that made Daemon shut his mouth and sigh. "Did you think it would be easy for me to tell you, when you couldn't tell me about the same problem either?"

"Yes, I know, but this tramp tried to break us apart." Daemon looked over to her with a withering look. "You could've at least tell me that she was pregnant from you."

Rob just shrugged and looked on the ground.

Laura wasn't really good in hiding emotions. I'd always been able to see what she was feeling, now that she's blushing she's definitely embarrassed, but also frustrated.

"When did you guys meet again?" Daemon asked Rob with a confused look. "The last time I saw her was, when we were in college."

"We both met again randomly. It was in a club almost two months ago, we were drunk and had some personal issues. For example I wanted to get over Lisa, because I still love her, even when she broke my heart in the worst ways. Laura hasn't been really happy with her life, because her parents hate her for being a 'nothing', so it was a little distraction to both of us." He gave us a little smile, before he continued.

"I'm sorry for ruining your togetherness. If you want, we can leave." Rob said in a weird way.

"What's going to happen with both of you?" I asked him curiously, ignoring his question on purpose.

"We're trying to figure things out, even though we don't really get along. She's is a really weird kind of girl, but I still think we would be great parents. As long as we love our child and aren't selfish of course. She's just one month pregnant." He started smiling slowly. "So Daemon, were both going to be daddies."

He talked like that about her, as if she wasn't there.

Daemon rolled his eyes, but smiled nevertheless. "Congratulations. But if this girl thinks of doing something to annoy my wife, I won't hesitate to turn her life into a living hell."

My heart warmed up at his warning. Should I feel guilty?

"I really think we should forget the past. If we want our children to grow up together, we'll need to fix this up." I said hesitantly, because I had no idea if this really was a good idea, but I rather try this out than have this awkwardness between us and them.

"Guys, let's meet up some time later, because we have our first gynecologist appointment and I don't really want to be late. I'm sorry for everything, Daemon and Clare." Rob took carefully Laura's hand in his. A sign for her to stand up.

"Happy birthday, buddy." Rob laughed and got out of the room with his soon to be wife. Daemon's best friend smiled at us before he left.

Seconds later, we still were in front of the door, where they just went out, looking at it with widened eyes as if it just conjured.

"What the hell was that?" I mumbled to myself. This was the most awkward visit I've ever witnessed.

"I have no idea, but this was confusing, but also creepy." Daemon said disturbed. "Tell me if I understood wrong, but they had an one nightstand, when they were drunk, then she got pregnant and now they have to marry, because of the child?"

I laughed at his confusion. "Apparently, yes. She didn't say anything during the 'confession'. Am I the only one thinking that's weird?"

"Not at all. Uhm, Clare, I feel so sorry for him, he looked so... sick." Daemon went with his hand through his almost dry hair.

"Yes, I know, but he's a grown man and wants to fix everything himself to prove himself that he is able to do some things after Lisa broke his heart, so I don't think you should worry too much about him. He's probably a little overwhelmed, but also insecure maybe." I gave him a reassuring hug.

I blinked and looked over at Daemon. "He seems to be really excited about the child, though, doesn't he?"

Daemon started laughing loudly. His chest moving up and down. "More than her? Yes. I think we had enough of this drama. Let's watch a movie."

"I'm hungry, do we have popcorn or something like that?" I asked him curiously, but at the same time eagerly.

"We just ate dinner, Flower." He chuckled. "But yes, we have popcorn and candies somewhere in the kitchen. I hope."

I just rolled my eyes and went into the kitchen to grab everything I thought was sweet.

The next minute I was in the living room on the couch beside Daemon, eating lots of candy and watching 'Love Vegas'. This movie was pretty old, but was definitely worth watching it.

I realized how late it was, when I looked at the clock. Daemon was asleep and I, the nice wife I was, took his cellphone from his pocket to take pictures of him and us, while he was asleep.

If he took pictures of me while I was asleep, I probably would die in embarrassment. I really am the opposite of him, when it comes to being pretty 24/7.

After I thought he had enough of pictures of him asleep, I tried to wake him up. "Daemon, let's sleep in our bedroom, not here."

"No, I'm too lazy." He mumbled sleepily. "Carry me."

"Of course. My pregnant butt can totally carry a 6'4 feet tall man that's covered with a bunch of muscles." I said in a sarcastic way.

Daemon lazily opened his eyes and looked at me annoyed. "You could have at least tried."

We both started laughing.

After our night routine we both were in our king sized bed, hugging each other. "I would've done some nice things with you now if I wasn't so tired."

"Well, there's still a tomorrow, I hope." I chuckled, slowly getting tired, too.

"Of course. Good night, Flower. I love you for everything that you've done today. Apart from Rob's visit and his weird story with Laura, was this the best birthday I've ever had. And not only because you've prepared wonderful things for me, but also because this was the first birthday with you." His hand caressed my cheek. "Thank you."

All I could do was grinning sheepishly. "You don't have to say thank you for that. I'm glad that you liked it, but it could've been better."

"No, Flower, it was perfect. Almost as perfect as you." He chuckled at my disgusted face.

That was a really low comparison.

"Eww. Stop being so weird." I laughed now. "Good Night, Muffin."

Our sweet little unborn baby was going to have a wonderful life with Daemon as its father.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hey lovelies,

How are you doing?

I kind of want this book to be finished, but kind of not, because this book has become a part of me. It's like living a different life, when I write on this.

Weird, I know. But I hope you liked the chapter, please leave a vote and a comment if so.

I'm soon going to edit this book. I started 'reading' it from the beginning on and those mistakes I made are so freakin cringeworthy. I literally cringe every time I made a disgusting grammar mistake.

*I'm really sorry for all grammar mistakes and misspellings!!!*

It really took me a while to write this chapter, because I had no exciting ideas.

Yours truly,
GM
💕

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7M 183K 78
~◆~ "We have no other choice than to marry you off to Mr. Knight's grandson, Jacob." I looked up at my parents in shock "What! you guys are joking ri...
528K 24.9K 48
What happens when the mafia boss, Miguel Lobos's assistant overhears a conversation that puts a target on her back by Miguel's heartless frenemy?? Mi...
169K 6.3K 23
Quintessential Dynasty Series|| Book 2|| Lorenzo Santini|| 18+ Please note that you must read book 1, Deception before you read this book. ••• Weddin...
209K 5.3K 35
Hailey Baxter signed a marriage contract with Xavier Anderson, billionaire of Anderson Inc, as she needed money to pay for her mother's hospital bill...